10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CommunismWillWin View Post
    Those protestors outside the killers house are the true heroes. Informing the delivery food drivers of who he was was a great move.
    Absolutely. Aside from USPS, they should block any and all deliveries.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    Absolutely. Aside from USPS, they should block any and all deliveries.
    Nope, they should not prevent anyone from coming or going. But, what they can do, is film everyone (from public property), let those people know exactly whose house it is, and call for him to not be served.

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    One of the things that's disturbing is listening to police "experts" talk about this and how they keep looping back to looking for some hint that he's resisting, as though flinching when grabbed would justify having your neck kneeled on for six minutes. These fuckers really do believe that if they can find evidence of civilian impropriety that they're basically justified in using whatever force they feel like. They can't even find that in this case, so they're forced to admit that just this one time the cops got it wrong.
    Even if he was at some time previous of the video resisting... he does not in the 7-8 minutes he is choked, which makes it even completely pointless to search for potential "resisting". Garner was choked for 15 seconds. Floyd for 7-8 minutes, and the officer even contintued to choke him, after he was unresponsive, despite multiple bystanders pleading to the officer to stop.
    Not to mention, that the officer had the hands in his pockets. Which is a clear indication, that there is no threat. Neither objectivly, or presumed.
    I can not believe, that there are some boneheaded "police experts", who are so super desperate finding something, to aquit the officer, who just killed somebody in an exceedingly cruel way.

(Also, such restraining methods are banned for 30 years, because they are exceedingly dangerous, and can easily cause braindamage or killing the person).

Quote Originally Posted by The Emperor View Post
    Now I am not a racist, by why is that when we see riot footages, the majority of rioters are african american? I mean, police brutality white on white gets neither the coverage, nor seems to lead to massive riots.
    Why don't you go google "covid protests" some time Mr. Totally Not a Racist and tell us how many black faces you see.

Quote Originally Posted by josykay View Post
    Even if he was at some time previous of the video resisting... he does not in the 7-8 minutes he is choked, which makes it even completely pointless to search for potential "resisting". Garner was choked for 15 seconds. Floyd for 7-8 minutes, and the officer even contintued to choke him, after he was unresponsive, despite multiple bystanders pleading to the officer to stop.
    Not to mention, that the officer had the hands in his pockets. Which is a clear indication, that there is no threat. Neither objectivly, or presumed.
    I can not believe, that there are some boneheaded "police experts", who are so super desperate finding something, to aquit the officer, who just killed somebody in an exceedingly cruel way.

(Also, such restraining methods are banned for 30 years, because they are exceedingly dangerous, and can easily cause braindamage or killing the person).
    The best explanation, and im basing this off of the words from the cops, he was resisting while they tried to put him in the car. At which point they forced him into this position. Now I am assuming they called for the van or paddy wagon. They retained him in this position due to his previous behavior when they tried to load him. I have seen many people in the same position. I am genuinely waiting for the autopsy report to come back to see cause of death. If its blood loss to the brain or asphyxiation, the cop deserves to fry.

Quote Originally Posted by Trunksee View Post
    The best explanation, and im basing this off of the words from the cops, he was resisting while they tried to put him in the car. At which point they forced him into this position. Now I am assuming they called for the van or paddy wagon. They retained him in this position due to his previous behavior when they tried to load him. I have seen many people in the same position. I am genuinely waiting for the autopsy report to come back to see cause of death. If its blood loss to the brain or asphyxiation, the cop deserves to fry.
    Even if it's not, you're telling me 4 cops don't know how to joint lock someone? Something trainee EMT's are supposed to do in case of a combative transport? They don't even have that basic level of training?

If the dudes handcuffed you don't even need to joint lock him, he's 90% restrained if he gets up just kick him over. He has minimal ability to balance. It's like the amateur brigade for police lately. With them essentially saying yea it's easier for me to crunch this guys neck than it is for me to be minorly inconvenienced by a more humane method of control.
    Last edited by prwraith; 2020-05-28 at 03:57 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TexasRules View Post
    So you think that priorities are to get mad and .....commit theft and arson instead of protesting in a peaceful manner. The civil rights movement was not about looting and burning businesses. So all the people who work at the businesses will not get to work tomorrow. I am sure they are all white and deserve to not get paid during a pandemic. Yep priorities. They really need those flat screen TVs, that will placate them as they rage through a city, being able to watch it in 4K.
    Why don't we listen to perhaps the single most important figure in the civil rights movement in the USA, Martin Luther King, Jr.?

I think America must see that riots do not develop out of thin air. Certain conditions continue to exist in our society which must be condemned as vigorously as we condemn riots. But in the final analysis, a riot is the language of the unheard. And what is it that America has failed to hear? It has failed to hear that the plight of the Negro poor has worsened over the last few years. It has failed to hear that the promises of freedom and justice have not been met. And it has failed to hear that large segments of white society are more concerned about tranquility and the status quo than about justice, equality, and humanity. And so in a real sense our nation’s summers of riots are caused by our nation’s winters of delay. And as long as America postpones justice, we stand in the position of having these recurrences of violence and riots over and over again. Social justice and progress are the absolute guarantors of riot prevention.

https://www.crmvet.org/docs/otheram.htm

Riots like this are a response to societal injustice. Even King knew this. They were an integral and inseparable part of the civil rights movement in his era, and they will inevitabily continue to occur as long as the status quo remains largely unchanged from how King described it in the above quote. Which still rings so very true, today.

Particularly, your own post fits right in to that "segments of white society are more concerned about tranquility and the status quo than about justice, equality, and humanity" bit in the quote. It isn't even a new antipathy to injustices across racial lines; it's the same antipathy that King spent his life fighting against. It didn't go away. It's still formative to the American system of justice. And every time we see new riots bursting out because of these repeated, continuous injustices, you get people like Texasrules condemning them for challenging the tranquility, not willing to address the underlying injustices.

Fix the reasons people riot. That is how you prevent riots. Not by cracking down on the riots themselves. That just continues the cycle of injustice. Even King knew this; this isn't some new song and dance. It's the same old racist shit King was fighting against.

Quote Originally Posted by The Emperor View Post
    Now I am not a racist, by why is that when we see riot footages, the majority of rioters are african american? I mean, police brutality white on white gets neither the coverage, nor seems to lead to massive riots.
    Probably because you ignore when people riot over winning the Super Bowl or pumpkins.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    Why don't you go google "covid protests" some time Mr. Totally Not a Racist and tell us how many black faces you see.
    Or pumpkin riot. Or eagles riot.

Interesting how people forget about those.

People using this as a excuse for looting stores is pretty shitty also disrespectful to those acually protesting.

They are pretty much taking advantage of someones murder.

https://www.reddit.com/r/ActualPubli...et_store_near/
    Do you hear the voices too?

Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    Even if it's not, you're telling me 4 cops don't know how to joint lock someone? Something trainee EMT's are supposed to do in case of a combative transport? They don't even have that basic level of training?

If the dudes handcuffed you don't even need to joint lock him, he's 90% restrained if he gets up just kick him over. He has minimal ability to balance. It's like the amateur brigade for police lately. With them essentially saying yea it's easier for me to crunch this guys neck than it is for me to be minorly inconvenienced by a more humane method of control.
    The problem was the other people around. They made sure he was detained. Ive seen this done a lot with a combative cuffed person. Its more frustration on the cops part of "wtf your in custody and your still resisting, fine we will make sure you cant,". Cops have a really tough job. Everyday they have it in the back of their mind they could be killed. They are trained that " you go home at night" we will clean up the mess later. At least thats what i was told when i went to school for law enforcement.

Quote Originally Posted by ParanoiD84 View Post
    People using this as a excuse for looting stores is pretty shitty also disrespectful to those acually protesting.

They are pretty much taking advantage of someones murder.

https://www.reddit.com/r/ActualPubli...et_store_near/
    What's disrespectful is people being more upset over looters than the death of an innocent man by those that are supposed to protect us.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Laughingjack View Post
    Why do you?

I don't get trying to win this by taking a moral stand the looters are shooting each other for things now. It is even in the stream.

If you hate a police state stop cheering for what makes it necessary.
    This is incredibly stupid, riots no more make a police state a necessary then the police murdering people make riots necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by Bdatik View Post
    What's disrespectful is people being more upset over looters than the death of an innocent man by those that are supposed to protect us.
    Doubt people are more upset over looters and rioters but still pretty disrespecful to take advantage over someones death to do shit like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    and riots again with burning personal property because your fucking sports team won is well no matter...
    We had riots here in vancouver over the canucks losing in 2011. They came down hard on anyone they could identify.

I would expect them to come down on anyone engaging in riots, even in this instance as well where I 100% think all the officers involved should be charged with murder. Those stores didn't endorse those officers, what did they do wrong to deserve being looted?

Doubt people are more upset over looters and rioters but still pretty disrespecful to take advantage over someones death to do shit like that.
    Really? At least three posters are more upset about the rioting than the killing

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Laughingjack View Post
    If you want the honest answer because only america is so weirdly fixated by race and media where extremely rare cases blow up and gain a ton of a attraction. You knowing about maybe a dozen incidents over the course of years still makes it rare compared to the volume of arrests that occur.

It isn't so much a problem as mass ignorance disguising itself as enlightenment.
    This is incredibly ignorant America isn’t the only country to have race based things like this blow up even if you just look up to Canada you can find stuff like this yet Canada isn’t nearly as bad at handling it as America is.

Quote Originally Posted by Trunksee View Post
    The problem was the other people around. They made sure he was detained. Ive seen this done a lot with a combative cuffed person. Its more frustration on the cops part of "wtf your in custody and your still resisting, fine we will make sure you cant,". Cops have a really tough job. Everyday they have it in the back of their mind they could be killed. They are trained that " you go home at night" we will clean up the mess later. At least thats what i was told when i went to school for law enforcement.
    He sat on Floyd's neck, even Floyd said he can't breath, after Floyd was crying for his mother, and continued when Floyd was unresponsive, with multiple people pleading the officer to stop. Not to mention, that he had his hands in his pockets. Which is a clear indication, that there wasn't a potential threat for him. A vigilant person does not put hands in the pockets.
    Also, there were two other cops sitting on him. I am pretty sure, even if Floyd was violently resisting, which isn't really shown on any video, he would be restrained by being handcuffed and having three guys with around 80-90 kilogramm each sitting on him, without one of those choking him to death.
    Also, such a restrainment method is forbidden, since it can easily cause braindamage or kill the person.

And just to compare it... the controversial choke, that caused the death of Eric Garner lasted 15 seconds. This one lasted 7-8 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    Really? At least three posters are more upset about the rioting than the killing
    I ment overall not this forum, this forum is not something you should look at for overall reactions lol.

Then you're not a very observant person.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Why don't we listen to perhaps the single most important figure in the civil rights movement in the USA, Martin Luther King, Jr.?

I think America must see that riots do not develop out of thin air. Certain conditions continue to exist in our society which must be condemned as vigorously as we condemn riots. But in the final analysis, a riot is the language of the unheard. And what is it that America has failed to hear? It has failed to hear that the plight of the Negro poor has worsened over the last few years. It has failed to hear that the promises of freedom and justice have not been met. And it has failed to hear that large segments of white society are more concerned about tranquility and the status quo than about justice, equality, and humanity. And so in a real sense our nation’s summers of riots are caused by our nation’s winters of delay. And as long as America postpones justice, we stand in the position of having these recurrences of violence and riots over and over again. Social justice and progress are the absolute guarantors of riot prevention.

https://www.crmvet.org/docs/otheram.htm

Riots like this are a response to societal injustice. Even King knew this. They were an integral and inseparable part of the civil rights movement in his era, and they will inevitabily continue to occur as long as the status quo remains largely unchanged from how King described it in the above quote. Which still rings so very true, today.

Particularly, your own post fits right in to that "segments of white society are more concerned about tranquility and the status quo than about justice, equality, and humanity" bit in the quote. It isn't even a new antipathy to injustices across racial lines; it's the same antipathy that King spent his life fighting against. It didn't go away. It's still formative to the American system of justice. And every time we see new riots bursting out because of these repeated, continuous injustices, you get people like Texasrules condemning them for challenging the tranquility, not willing to address the underlying injustices.

Fix the reasons people riot. That is how you prevent riots. Not by cracking down on the riots themselves. That just continues the cycle of injustice. Even King knew this; this isn't some new song and dance. It's the same old racist shit King was fighting against.
    Endus advocating rioting should be tolerated.. u liberals act so high n moral, but anytime something happens that you don't like, you throw the law book out the window.