Poll: What do you think?

Page 1 of 16
... LastLast

Rio, Curve etc. = Elitist?

Hi everyone. I hope you're all having a nice spring day.

I play WoW. I'm a 11/12 mythic raider and I have a 3k rio score.

I prefer to play with people who got approximately the same experience with current content as myself.

Therefore I use systems like Raider.io, Wowprogress, Warcraftlog etc. to see how much experience people have with current content to compare it to my own.

Do you think that makes me an elitist or do you think it's a fair preference?

Edit: Also, is being an elitist a bad thing?
    Last edited by Kaver; 2020-05-28 at 03:28 PM.

It's fair preferance

Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    Hi everyone. I hope you're all having a nice spring day.

I play WoW. I'm a 11/12 mythic raider and I have a 3k rio score.

I prefer to play with people who got approximately the same experience with current content as myself.

Therefore I use systems like Raider.io, Wowprogress, Warcraftlog etc. to see how much experience people have with current content to compare it to my own.

Sorry, I can only read comments posted by 12/12m raiders.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ma boi, as a 12/12M player, I find it cute you even mention word elitist without clearing Mythic raid.

kekw.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Torzz View Post
    Damn straight. I barely held myself interested enough there to read that one.

Quote Originally Posted by Torzz View Post
    I think that's a fair preference.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    Ma boi, as a 12/12M player, I find it cute you even mention word elitist without clearing Mythic raid.

kekw.

- - - Updated - - -

Damn straight. I barely held myself interested enough there to read that one.
    Let's see if some people think I am.

OP, you are only what you think yourself to be, Don't let any mmochamps nerds tell you differently. If you want to be an "elitist prick" own that shit, if you want to be "casual scum" own that shit too baby.

I havent taken this game serious enough to top end raid since MoP, I still use those things when all I do is some m+ keys in my spare time and you know why? It usually really sucks to play with people that aren't on your experience or interest level who will fuck up and not care that they just wasted your time and key. If you told me your highest key was a +2 and you still use RIO to make sure your +2 goes as smoothly as possible I wouldn't hold that against you, just like no one really is if you do it for mythic raiding and m+ at an "elitist" level...its your time, its your content, its your gaming experience and you can do it how you want.
    Last edited by Imurbandaid; 2020-05-28 at 03:06 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keller View Post
    Most people on the internet nowadays need a good spank.

Quote Originally Posted by Imurbandaid View Post
    OP, you are only what you think yourself to be, Don't let any mmochamps nerds tell you differently. If you want to be an "elitist prick" own that shit, if you want to be "casual scum" own that shit too baby.
    Thank you for the love!

Depends on what content you are trying to do.

e.g. if you insist on 3k io instead of something around 2k for a +15 run, then yeah i'd say you are a bit of an elitist. but if you are doing +20 keys that's entirely fair.
    Last edited by Hellobolis; 2020-05-28 at 03:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellobolis View Post

e.g. if you insist on 3k io instead of something around 2k for a +15 run, then yeah i'd say you are a bit of an elitist.
    What if I want to run a quick heroic raid for some echoes and write "experienced people only because I want a quick run" in the description?

you wanting to play with people on your same level to keep progressing doesn't mean you are elitist.
    You are however elitist if you go around and brag about your achievements, think you are superior and deny others while telling them they aren't worthy to play with you

What if I want to run a quick heroic raid for some echoes and write "experienced people only because I want a quick run" in the description?
    at this point in the patch that's fine.

though i do laugh a bit when i see descriptions like "don't bother linking anything, checking armory and only taking people with 5+ kills".

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    The freature itself? No.

How some players use it? Very elitist, especially when players who aren't elite by any margin use it to push playstyles that they themselves can't achieve.

In your case it looks like fair preference.

Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    you wanting to play with people on your same level to keep progressing doesn't mean you are elitist.
    You are however elitist if you go around and brag about your achievements, think you are superior and deny others while telling them they aren't worthy to play with you
    I agree. But am I doing that by using raider.io?

Quote Originally Posted by Hellobolis View Post

e.g. if you insist on 3k io instead of something around 2k for a +15 run, then yeah i'd say you are a bit of an elitist. but if you are doing +20 keys that's entirely fair.
    Wrong. Yall just like throwing that word around for everything. If he insists on a 3k io for a +15 he isn't an elitist, he just wants his run how he wants his run and if he is willing to wait for 5 people for a 3k IO +15 that's his completely non-elitist preference.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keller View Post
    Most people on the internet nowadays need a good spank.

Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    especially when players who aren't elite by any margin use it to push playstyles that they themselves can't achieve.
    I wouldn't call them elitists. I would call them scammers.

Anybody who can't get cutting edge isn't someone I want to play with tbh.

12/12m or gtfo. I could care less about raider io score though.

I don't think that 12/12M people are elitists.

What the hell does it even mean? I always thought it's not about experience, but more about how you treat other people.

I'll explain: if you did somehow 12/12HC clean and you see some ~440ilvl poor soul wanting to join your "full normal Nyalotha farm" and you tell him "fuck off with that low ilvl" - you're considered as elitist.
    If you have >5k r.io score and someone with 800 r.io wants to join your group and you either say "sorry, I need someone who has more experience" or "sure, just don't die on fire" you aren't eilitist.

Or I had it wrong? And now people who just play on the higher difficulty are eilitists per se?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    Anybody who can't get cutting edge isn't someone I want to play with tbh.

12/12m or gtfo. I could care less about raider io score though.
    Damn straight! Look at these 11/12 plebs making these threads, that's hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    I could care less about raider io score though.
    That means you do care at least a little.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormbreed View Post
    Mexico is already part of the USA so is Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Shandalar View Post
    Shadow deserves nothing, the same as Fire Mages.

Quote Originally Posted by Imurbandaid View Post
    Wrong. Yall just like throwing that word around for everything. If he insists on a 3k io for a +15 he isn't an elitist, he just wants his run how he wants his run and if he is willing to wait for 5 people for a 3k IO +15 that's his completely non-elitist preference.
    yes it is elitist if you insist on requirements obviously higher then required for a smooth run. you are saying a 2k io person isn't good enough for you, even though objectively they obviously are capable of a smooth +15.

it's one of the most textbook examples of elitism you can realistically run into.