5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyriani View Post
    I came up with some nice ones for a male Void Elf mage I have!

Granted I don't know what the hair style and color options will be exactly when they go live, but for now those placeholders will do.
    These are very nice!!! And yeah, the only thing I know for sure is a black/raven hair color is coming as it was showcased on one of the Void Elf male hairstyles.

The 2nd one from the left, the smexy dark skin one that's a new hair color Void Elves don't currently have!

I'm going to play around with some options myself and try to get as accurate as I can too for the time being.

Quote Originally Posted by Geisl View Post
    Like these ones?

I'd be down!!
    Exactly like that!

Plus some of those extra eyes. And even more crazy hairstyles.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Exactly like that!

Plus some of those extra eyes. And even more crazy hairstyles.
    I'm down!!

Whatever...

Quote Originally Posted by Fyersing View Post
    The in-game files would read as completely different races, even though the player would access them from a single interface element.

So, when creating a new character one of the clickable options might be "Dwarf". After you select that option, three clickable flags show up on the screen somewhere that further delineate regional variants (i.e. "Bronzebeard Dwarf", "Dark Iron Dwarf", and "Wildhammer Dwarf").

This allows for each variant to be treated, in the files, as a completely unique race... while still being known, broadly, by a single ethnic demonym (in this case, "Dwarf"/"Dwarves").
    You are presuming WoW was not coded using spaghetti and potatoes.
    They would need to re-code the game to use the file descriptors for those options and I am not sure that coul be done without breaking a lot of things in WoW.
    My confidence in the basic architecture of WoW is poor.

Void elves dont get brown hair/gold/red?

Well...im not surprised if they get everything to be honest. Clearly, Blizzard just wanted to shut everyone up. IM sure they'll do it.
    I just find it ironic that high elves just gaveup what has largely been construed as "purity".
    Last edited by Broflake; 2020-05-28 at 03:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Broflake View Post
    They would need to re-code the game to use the file descriptors for those options and I am not sure that coul be done without breaking a lot of things in WoW.
    My confidence in the basic architecture of WoW is poor
    Any piece of big or old software contain varying amounts of spaghetti held together with staplers and paper clips.

WoW is both massive and old. You can bet the codebase is huge mess deep down.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    And (for now, it seems) blonde hair, all blood elf hairstyles, the racials, the underwear (Blizzard has already said Void Elves with High Elf skins will get Void Elf underwear)
    And their new jewelry options. Unless I'm missing something those will be unavailable to alliance elves.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeicideUH View Post
    Thank you for this, now to watch!

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Any piece of big or old software contain varying amounts of spaghetti held together with staplers and paper clips.

WoW is both massive and old. You can bet the codebase is huge mess deep down.
    I stand by my theory. They never expected WoW to get as big as it did or last as long as it has.

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you for this, now to watch!
    I mean...its just a typical cringe video.
    From a lore perspective, if a high elf chooses to become a void elf, they're giving up everything that they were to become something different.

No, they wouldn't.

The game already registers "Dwarf" as a playable race. It has it's own emotes, voice files, and racial traits.
    The game already registers "Dark Iron Dwarf" as a playable race. It has it's own emotes, voice files, and racial traits.

What I'm suggesting is that instead of listing each of those as completely unrelated groups on the character creation screen, they place them all under a single umbrella, specifically for the purpose of categorization and not as a matter of programmed fact. You still have to select "Dwarf" or "Dark Iron Dwarf", and these monikers are still treated as separate races, but it streamlines things for the playerbase and makes adding new variants more tenable. No coding, whatsoever.
    Last edited by Fyersing; 2020-05-28 at 03:23 PM.

High Elves are now part of the Horde and Alliance. GG.

No, they wouldn't.

The game already registers "Dwarf" as a playable race. It has it's own emotes, voice files, and racial traits.
    The game already registers "Dark Iron Dwarf" as a playable race. It has it's own emotes, voice files, and racial traits.

What I'm suggesting is that instead of listing each of those as completely unrelated groups on the character creation screen, they place them all under a single umbrella, specifically for the purpose of categorization and not as a matter of programmed fact. You still have to select "Dwarf" or "Dark Iron Dwarf", and these monikers are still treated as separate races, but it streamlines things for the playerbase and makes adding new variants more tenable. No coding, whatsoever.
    Okay I see what you are referring t, and, I doubt that is going to happen. From what I have seen, whenever you are spoken to in game they use a %class or %race to speak to you.
    Its not that I dislike your idea, i like it. I think its good, but I am not sure if blizzard has coded the game appropriately to do such a thing.
    Lua is what they use primarily for such matters, and Lua is really, really, messy since it does not allow for such variation without really messy coding.
    I could be wrong though, my experience with Lua is extremely limited compared to ASM and SQL.

Okay I see what you are referring t, and, I doubt that is going to happen. From what I have seen, whenever you are spoken to in game they use a %class or %race to speak to you.
    I'm genuinely unsure what you're talking about? None of what I've suggested has any affect, whatsoever, in-game. Rather, it is a simple rearranging of the character creation screen to better facilitate new additions going forward.

If you're a Dark Iron Dwarf, the game refers to you as such; if you're a standard Dwarf, the game refers to you as such. Blizzard need not add new code or jump through hoops to achieve this... it's already done.

5+ Year Old Account
    "You won guys, you finally did it! Alliance High Elves are a thing and I could not be happier for you." - Taliesin

Feels good to hear that!

That's how I see it. The biggest hump is over, which is getting access to a range of human skin tone options. They are literally copy/pasting the tones, no moneypaw or corrupt wish or ersatz about em.

Thus, the much smaller asks are now more likely as the big asks (having these two elf options looking the same) has been overcome.

- - - Updated - - -

Exactly. This is a big hurdle overcome.

They've stated character customization is never going to stop. People can now continue to further ask for what they wish, given that they've received a very big one!

"Don't give up hope!" Afrasiabi emphasized that for a reason
    The monkey paw was for those who wanted blue eyes just to spite Alliance players. I'm happy for those who genuinely wanted blue eyed blood elves though.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by delus View Post
    The monkey paw was for those who wanted blue eyes just to spite Alliance players. I'm happy for those who genuinely wanted blue eyed blood elves though.
    Yup, and it's as Tali says in his newest video, doesn't matter that Blood Elves have blue eyes now because Alliance High Elves are here as well.

I do agree though, many suggested it would happen in a monkey paw way due simply out of spite. I am also happy for those that genuinely wanted blue eyes on Blood Elves.

I have read some comments from the wowhead, some here, some on the official forums posts already by some of those genuine, non-spiteful individuals and it makes me super happy to see people grateful for these additions on both sides.

Quote Originally Posted by Amaterasu65 View Post
    The hair colours on the Void Elves (and maybe new BE customizations) that are blue, purple etc will fit well with dragon mortal form RP too.

Also the Alliance Vindictive Gladiator set for hunters will look really good on Void Elves going for natural colours.

Same with this. It's the raid-equivalent of the one you mentioned, and it looks very good on Blood Elves, it will look good on Void Elves too as you say.

T19 and Glad was good that season! And fits the Farstrider fantasy, it's a picture of Alleria in same colors above.

5+ Year Old Account
    I mean...its just a typical cringe video.
    From a lore perspective, if a high elf chooses to become a void elf, they're giving up everything that they were to become something different.
    Nah because my High Elf's look will no longer be defined by a one-time ritual that only affected very few Blood Elves.

You are actually not "giving up everything". Giving up everything is what the status quo was before yesterday's news, wherein you HAD to be a blueberry elf!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post

Same with this. It's the raid-equivalent of the one you mentioned, and it looks very good on Blood Elves, it will look good on Void Elves too as you say.

T19 and Glad was good that season! And fits the Farstrider fantasy, it's a picture of Alleria in same colors above.
    Oh woah!!! I'm definitely at least making a Mage and a Hunter High Elf for sure then. I always thought being able to emulate this piece of Alleria artwork would be really cool.

Hoping that change in the SL alpha that DeicideUH mentioned where our void proc looks like Alleria's stays as well to Live.

Also hoping for the warpaint that Alleria has.

Then we really can emulate her

I'm genuinely unsure what you're talking about? None of what I've suggested has any affect, whatsoever, in-game. Rather, it is a simple rearranging of the character creation screen to better facilitate new additions going forward.

If you're a Dark Iron Dwarf, the game refers to you as such; if you're a standard Dwarf, the game refers to you as such. Blizzard need not add new code or jump through hoops to achieve this... it's already done.
    Honest question, how familiar are you with coding in general?
    I feel like there is a bit of a disparity because mind you, I understand what you want, and its a simple request, but simple things like that get really funky.

Oh woah!!! I'm definitely at least making a Mage and a Hunter High Elf for sure then. I always thought being able to emulate this piece of Alleria artwork would be really cool.

Hoping that change in the SL alpha that DeicideUH mentioned where our void proc looks like Alleria's stays as well to Live.

Also hoping for the warpaint that Alleria has.

Then we really can emulate her
    Yeah, I really love that set. Easily my favorite tier piece since TBC, where we got 3 good sets but after that it's been pretty bad :P

And to me it scream Eversong Woods, like the art of Alleria there running wild into the forest with that good looking equipment^^

And Alleria is my favorite High Elf :>