10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    People are burning down buildings and looting... it quickly went from protesting, to violent behavior. People doing that need to be exposed and criticized for their atrocious behavior.
    Frankly, a cop murdering a black guy for no reason in the middle of the street in the middle of the day is a way bigger fucking deal. I value human life a hell of a lot more than I value property. You're trying to derail into the actions of a few bad people to ignore the systemic injustices that sparked the riots in the first place.

Want less riots?

Fix the injustice. That's what causes riots. These people are responding with extralegal actions because legal actions do not help fix the problem. They just get you teargassed for your trouble.

As happened here, triggering the riots you're trying to focus on, to cover for the murderous fucks who killed a basically innocent man in broad daylight. And still haven't been arrested or charged with anything.

10+ Year Old Account
    There are a few large groups going on looting sprees in St. Paul at the moment. Unsurprisingly, I'm pretty sure this isn't going to stop until the officers are charged.

An awful ot of stores are being looted rn

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CommunismWillWin View Post
    Peaceful protests clearly do not work in the US.
    Certainly not after attempting a peaceful protest, only to have rubber bullets and tear gas shot at you.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

10+ Year Old Account
    Here we go, I guess. "Ignore the systemic police abuse of African-Americans in the USA, act like all blacks are violent looters and thus their outrage should be ignored because they, and thus the victim, deserve this mistreatment and abuse for being born black in the USA."

Count up how many people fall into that line of argument.

Peaceful protests clearly do not work.
    Here, I corrected it for you.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

The cop should be put to death. Then he won't pose a threat to anybody else.
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Well when you consistently refuse to punish officers for abusing the community, what else should you expect? People will only be peaceful for so long, and it does seem like the riots get attention.

Like if the lesson you get from this is only that "looting is wrong", your values need to be re-tuned.
    All that means is the cops will have to jail more people as protestors get more violent. There's no excuse for delegitimizing peace.

Protest but do so non-violently.
    Yeah, that definitely worked for the last few decades.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Quote Originally Posted by Rampant Rabbit View Post
    Imagine being so collectively angry, that it gets the lot of you to do that. Can you even try, without lying to everyone and yourself?
    I can't imagine being stupid enough to go smash stuff just because I'm angry.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by PosPosPos View Post
    Definitely worked to get rid of Park.

Of course his death is more important, but all this needs to be addressed and handled.

Protest but do so non-violently.
    Why should they? They've been doing so for decades now and nothing's changed. Rioting is only going to get worse so long as police keep murdering innocent people.

Quote Originally Posted by Freighter View Post
    I can't imagine being stupid enough to go smash stuff just because I'm angry.
    I'm sorry that you're not even trying. It is what it is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    All that means is the cops will have to jail more people as protestors get more violent. There's no excuse for delegitimizing peace.
    Well maybe the cops should stop teargassing peaceful protesters and being general pieces of crap. Also maybe people should stop being shitty to generla peaceful protesters like Kaepernick.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by the game View Post
    The cop should be put to death. Then he won't pose a threat to anybody else.
    That's unethical to intentionally kill someone, unless you're in an active warzone or something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Freighter View Post
    Definitely worked to get rid of Park.
    Yeah, so the system changed its figurehead and scapegoat, without changing the system.

Care to try that again?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Well when you consistently refuse to punish officers for abusing the community, what else should you expect? People will only be peaceful for so long, and it does seem like the riots get attention.

Like if the lesson you get from this is only that "looting is wrong", your values need to be re-tuned.
    I expect people who want something changed in a democracy to vote for that change... "People only be peaceful so long"... There has never been 'peace', there have been hundreds, if not thousands of race riots in this country over the last century. Can you point to any of them resulting in positive change? Personally I am drawing a blank on positive change resulting from those riots, I can think of plenty of examples, however, of those riots directly leading to things such as white flight, harsher crime laws, redlining, etc., IE: making bad situations even worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Levelfive View Post
    I mean, people lost their shit over kneeling, so I think it's safe to say that there's really no way for black people to object to being murdered by police that white people will find polite or soothing enough. But then these are also people who are more alarmed by looting than murder, so.
    Its almost like the looting is an ongoing and a problem right now and the murder already happened and anything that happens with regard to it at this point is both not pressing and will take time... Whether they indict the officer(s) right this minute, next week, or a month from now changes literally nothing.

What is it with you people and making the most disingenuous comparisons?

Its like the rioting yesterday in the morning... People like you were screeching "REEE the police didn't do anything when those dastardly white devils protested with their guns, yet now they use tear gas and flash bangs on unarmed black people protesting a murder!?"... Uhhh yeah, because those retarded lockdown protesters were standing somewhere they were legally allowed to be, openly carrying weapons they were legally allowed to openly carry... That's hardly equivalent to a mob rampaging through a police parking lot physically destroying vehicles and causing hundreds of thousands of dollars in damage...

Not everything that is protested deserves to be changed as the way the protesters see fit. Not every grievance has credibility.

I can think of plenty of peaceful protests that resulted in changes (not that I think they were good or deserving). Plenty of peaceful protests around idiots thinking wearing a mask is too much to ask, or that being forced to be responsible adults for the sake of all, that resulted in pretty immediate changes to policy. There are other examples as well. In addition, marijuana is probably the best actual example of something evolving over time due to purely peaceful protest that slowly altered the public's opinion.

More states than ever are adding laws to legalize it, and it's only a matter of time before it's federally legal.

It's probably better to say "certain things won't work with peaceful protest" or "certain things won't move as fast as I want them to with just peaceful protest" which are both probably true.

Not saying I disagree that peaceful protest wasn't effective in this case. Clearly it wasn't.

Yeah, so the system changed its figurehead, without changing the system.

Care to try that again?
    Moon and his party doesn't have the same policies as Park and her party did. There's no need to change a system that works.

Absolutely. I commented on it previously; however, things have gotten worse. Protesters, which I initially supported, have now turned violent and people are using his death as an opportunity to steal merchandise and burn down buildings, one of which was affordable housing? Like, wtf?

It’s sad, disgusting behavior.
    And one more thing: if you can be dissuaded that easily from your "support" of the protesters, most of whom were peaceful, it's because you were anxious to get away from that feeling in the first place.
    Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition, to wit: There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect. There is nothing more or else to it, and there never has been, in any place or time. --Frank Wilhoit

I see these same sort of people defending riots when they happen in a non-western country, always funny how that works.
    Sorry, I hate making people explain themselves, but which same sort of people? It's not you, it's me, I'm sorry.