Seems like very few have the capabilities to dislike multiple behaviours... very odd. It's easy to condemn multiple actions.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Well maybe the cops should stop teargassing peaceful protesters and being general pieces of crap. Also maybe people should stop being shitty to generla peaceful protesters like Kaepernick.
    Well maybe because thinly-veiled concern trolls like PC2 aren't really for "peaceful protests" as much as latching on to the flimsiest context to de-legitimize any form of oversight against authoritarianism.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    That's hardly equivalent to a mob rampaging through a police parking lot physically destroying vehicles and causing hundreds of thousands of dollars in damage...
    Literally did not happen until the police started to get violent.

Quote Originally Posted by BeepBoo View Post
    I can think of plenty of peaceful protests that resulted in changes
    Name one with lasting, positive change that isn't just temporary postponement of the problem at best.

Not that you can, but I am always up to give people a sporting chance.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

10+ Year Old Account
    Literally did not happen until the police started to get violent.
    There's literally video of people destroying police vehicles and there are no police around in the first place, let alone being violent, what the fuck are you on about?

I expect people who want something changed in a democracy to vote for that change... "People only be peaceful so long"... There has never been 'peace', there have been hundreds, if not thousands of race riots in this country over the last century. Can you point to any of them resulting in positive change? Personally I am drawing a blank on positive change resulting from those riots, I can think of plenty of examples, however, of those riots directly leading to things such as white flight, harsher crime laws, redlining, etc., IE: making bad situations even worse.
    Seriously? These riots are only natural responses of oppressed people. You should be less 'disappointed' in the lack of change by the oppressed, and more outraged by the lack of action taken against these atrocities of the authorities that are responsible for this.

There's literally video of people destroying police vehicles and there are no police around in the first place, let alone being violent, what the fuck are you on about?
    Look at time stamps and compare that to when cops started tear gassing and retaliating against protesters. Everything I've seen puts all of that at AFTER cops started.

Quote Originally Posted by PosPosPos View Post
    Name one with lasting, positive change that isn't just temporary postponement of the problem at best.

Not that you can, but I am always up to give people a sporting chance.
    I already gave you an example in my post... weed policy. INB4 "Well that's not as important as this issue!" that isn't what you asked.

Yes, that was cleanly after police teargassed protestors. Comprehension and piecing together what-came-first doesn't seem to be your strong suit, though.

I already gave you an example in my post... weed policy.
    I don't think the stagnating incarceration rates of drug possession is "positive change" in the manner I intended, but okay, everyone needs a bit of self-delusion to cope with a stark reality sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by Freighter View Post
    I can't imagine being stupid enough to go smash stuff just because I'm angry.
    You have very little imagination.

Quote Originally Posted by PosPosPos View Post
    I don't think the stagnating incarceration rates of drug possession is "positive change" in the manner I intended, but okay, everyone needs a bit of self-delusion to cope with a stark reality sometimes.
    No, I'm talking about the legality of it. It is legal in a lot of states now and will continue to expand until it's federally legal. Is that not progress from where it was previously illegal? Did it not happen without tons of major violent protests and riots? I'm on your side for this specific case, but your supposition that progress only happens with extreme reaction is not something I agree with.

Quote Originally Posted by Egomaniac View Post
    You have very little imagination.
    No, I'm just not a child who smashes things because I'm angry.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by josykay View Post
    Is that true? Holy shit, why wasn't he fired years ago?
    How many times do we have to repeat the answer?

America has a racism problem with its law enforcement.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Freighter View Post
    No, I'm just not a child who smashes things because I'm angry.
    You never grew up poor and it shows, lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

If there are no police around...where did the police vehicles come from?

No, I'm talking about the legality of it. It is legal in a lot of states now and will continue to expand until it's federally legal. Is that not progress from where it was previously illegal? Did it not happen without tons of major violent protests and riots? I'm on your side for this specific case, but your supposition that progress only happens with extreme reaction is not something I agree with.
    Lmao WHAT??? Fascinating.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    America has a racism problem with its law enforcement.
    Not only a racism problem, but a "protect your own" problem as well.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Quote Originally Posted by Rampant Rabbit View Post
    Lmao WHAT??? Fascinating.
    Care to elaborate?

Is weed not good enough? Or do you have tons of violent protests on this type of scale that make national news linked specifically to weed arrests that I'm unaware of?

Care to elaborate?

Is weed not good enough? Or do you have tons of violent protests on this type of scale that make national news linked specifically to weed arrests that I'm unaware of?
    I mean yeah I guess you have a point, but what the fuck. Weed not being legal is an absolute non-issue when comparing it to centuries of blatant and systemic racism.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, I'm talking about the legality of it. It is legal in a lot of states now and will continue to expand until it's federally legal. Is that not progress from where it was previously illegal? Did it not happen without tons of major violent protests and riots?
    The answer: no.

All of the violence and suffering related to marijuana is there in the War on Drugs and the penal system. The reason you seem to think it to be some example of a 'perfect protest' is primarily because the victims of said violence and suffering were and still are overwhelmingly...you know...black.

Now, while we're here... Let's have a chat about White Fragility. Citations in the link.

White defensiveness is a social phenomenon. It has been analyzed in academia and described in media as a distinct range of expressions by some white people in a number of historical settings, and up to modern times. It concerns the observable responses to academic or societal examination of structural racism in the Western world, which as the culturally and numerically dominant racial group of, white people can be prone to manifesting. The phenomenon, which has also been described interchangeably as white fragility, can find expression in silence or shutting down, denial, accusations of reverse racism, as well as upset, anger or rage at an interpersonal level. The latter individualistic form of response is not, however, to be confused with the phenomenon of white backlash or white rage, which is the exclusionary and sometimes violent group reaction by some whites to the societal progression of people of color.
    A phenomenon on very clear display in this thread. You have possibly one of the clearest cut instances of police brutality and even then you still have people clutching pearls, weeping, getting outraged at everything besides the actual incident in question - because doing so would have to force them to come to terms with their own internalized prejudices. White fragility is just the unfortunate public result of that internal dissonance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    You never grew up poor and it shows, lol.
    Growing up poor is no excuse for acting like a child and smashing stuff because you're angry.