Quote Originally Posted by Traycor View Post
    On this point, I'll disagree with you. It's understandable that if you like void elves as they are why this would be a thing. And you already have those options (plus getting more). But for people that want high elves, they should have natural hair colors, same as humans. Giving high elf options for customization doesn't remove the void elfy options that will be available.
    No problem in disagreeing with me. I'd like to see everything for everyone, but, reading Blizzard's motives behinds its actions, I try to predict things based on likeliness. I find it unlikely that they'll copy/paste the hair and jewelry. I'd love to see at least some ported between blood and void elves (many blood elves wanted some non-tentacle void styles). But, I think Blizzard is more likely to try to differentiate the races further. Also, I think the hair colors for void elves will be ones that do not clash with void elf original skin colors.

If I'm wrong and we end up with more than I'm bargaining for, great. I just don't want to raise expectations and be disappointed later.
    Whatever...

Quote Originally Posted by elbleuet View Post
    It was a ""joke"" from Broflake apparently.
    About her joining the blood elves yes.
    Quote Originally Posted by elbleuet View Post
    But if she sympathized more with the blood elves, then she would be Horde since her introduction.
    I mean...she does state this in night of the dragon which i true dude.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Geisl View Post
    Ah so it's different because you don't like a particular group of people, got it!
    People can dislike what you say without disliking you. That is an egotistical statement for you to say otherwise.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Odintdk View Post
    Have that be no other than Johny Awesome! One of my favorite Elf NPC's period.

Unless wait, he's not dead is he?
    Johnny awesome needs more love

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeicideUH View Post
    No problem in disagreeing with me. I'd like to see everything for everyone, but, reading Blizzard's motives behinds its actions, I try to predict things based on likeliness. I find it unlikely that they'll copy/paste the hair and jewelry. I'd love to see at least some ported between blood and void elves (many blood elves wanted some non-tentacle void styles). But, I think Blizzard is more likely to try to differentiate the races further. Also, I think the hair colors for void elves will be ones that do not clash with void elf original skin colors.

If I'm wrong and we end up with more than I'm bargaining for, great. I just don't want to raise expectations and be disappointed later.
    Yup pretty much this.

Hey Mick, this is the first I've heard of that. Do you happen to know where I can go check that information out? Thanks!
    Sure, I found it out from this guy on Twitter, I think he's a regular here is well:

https://twitter.com/MrGMYT/status/1265725576146571266

3+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Broflake View Post
    About her joining the blood elves yes.

I mean...she does state this in night of the dragon which i true dude.

- - - Updated - - -

People can dislike what you say without disliking you. That is an egotistical statement for you to say otherwise.

- - - Updated - - -

Johnny awesome needs more love
    crossover between Silvermoon Harry and Johnny Awesome would be nice
    The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

I make Warcraft 3 Reforged HD custom models and I'm also an HD model reviewer.

Quote Originally Posted by ddi2 View Post

Are you talking about Ion? The closest he said, as far as I know, is that High Elves are kinda Blood elves, together with Void Elves. I don't remember him telling that High Elves and Blood Elves are literally the same thing.
    If you want high elves...the horde is there for you....< his qoute....

Quote Originally Posted by Clickbait Mick View Post
    Sure, I found it out from this guy on Twitter, I think he's a regular here is well:

Hrmm, if its for the customization option I wonder if they manipulated it to work for quest text.
    Christ that sounds like a messy bit of coding though

Quote Originally Posted by DeicideUH View Post

Jewelry I think will be blood elf only (necklaces, headbands, etc). But if there aren't any natural hair color options, this entire issue will just persist. If we're trying to match, blond is the most likely since it goes well with blue, though it would clash with purple. Pretty much any natural hair color will clash with purple except black or white. If that's our limitation, we're in for a world of hurt.

I have zero issues with horde/blood elves getting void elf hair styles. There have been a lot of complaints about the oily/vampire/goth hair the void elves have. It would be great to have at least one or two new styles (i.e. old blood elf styles) that looked more normal.

The biggest problem I see, is if we only get 1 natural hair color and 1 natural hair style, you'll have literally millions of high elves all running around with the same one hairstyle and hair color. Awkward...
    Last edited by Traycor; 2020-05-28 at 08:10 PM.

Man you thought they could end this discussion...but what does blizzard do....the make into even a bigger mess.

Seeing where we ended up....the should have just given us high elves.

And for the people who say: now you have high elves....nope...they are more then looks, they are also a identity/way of thinking/culture.

Saying that former high/blood elves who are now void elves are technically high elves ( looking at you tally) is wrong.

And they even have other skills etc ( racials) like a killed hunter/warrior etc that is risen as a death knight and now has all the class ability's is still a hunter. that is false. He is a dk now.
    A former high or blood elf that is void now is no longer past group. He or she is now a void elf.

Quote Originally Posted by Clickbait Mick View Post

That is amazing! Great for the red orcs, they can be called the correct bajillion names based on the customization. Same for dwarves, trolls, etc. Night elves that pick the mage class would be called Highborn. And, of course, Void Elves could be called HIGH ELVES with the right customization. This would be completely amazing!!!

Maybe with the ear slider and the right customization, people could even be called half elves for those that want that too!

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by baskev View Post
    Man you thought they could end this discussion...but what does blizzard do....the make into even a bigger mess.

Seeing where we ended up....the should have just given us high elves.

And for the people who say: now you have high elves....nope...they are more then looks, they are also a identity/way of thinking/culture.

Saying that former high/blood elves who are now void elves are technically high elves ( looking at you tally) is wrong.

And they even have other skills etc ( racials) like a killed hunter/warrior etc that is risen as a death knight and now has all the class ability's is still a hunter. that is false. He is a dk now.
    A former high or blood elf that is void now is no longer past group. He or she is now a void elf.
    literally in the first page says that all things high elf should be posted here

people want this thread to be closed and at the same time report my posts for being outside this thread ano ba
    The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

I make Warcraft 3 Reforged HD custom models and I'm also an HD model reviewer.

Hope JA will be back sooner or later, he was THE man (err...).

Quote Originally Posted by bobwuzhere1224 View Post
    A blue posted that Void Elves would have appropriate underwear in the official thread in case you missed it since making this post.
    I literally pointed it out in what I was saying

-as per the clarification VE's will retain their underwear-
    The point being they rushed it and probably didn't had the right assets ready for the reveal and thus why just used BE skin tones.

Quote Originally Posted by MyWholeLifeIsThunder View Post
    I literally pointed it out in what I was saying

The point being they rushed it and probably didn't had the right assets ready for the reveal and thus why just used BE skin tones.
    What about manicure tho? Red nails will look strange on velf women.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BaumanKing View Post
    Why? They seem to be all the rage on Velf men.

10+ Year Old Account
    I mean I guess it’s fine that Void Elves are getting these customizations but it seems incredibly greedy to ask for every single option that Blood Elves have. Let their hair colors remain locked. Let some distinction remain between the two, because it’s super annoying that BE’s seem to be getting the shaft in this deal (blue eyes notwithstanding). There’s no unique Blood Elf only skin. If we got Dark Ranger colors this would be fine.
    Last edited by Phaelia; 2020-05-28 at 08:32 PM.
    ”I've walked the realms of the dead. I have seen the infinite dark. Nothing you say. Or do. Could possibly frighten me."-Sylvanas Windrunner

Quote Originally Posted by Thalassian Bob View Post
    Well, maybe some of the blood elf "high elves" we will see running around will be some of those Argent high elves who came home to help rebuild after the Northrend campaign, but the Silver Covenant is probably another story. Think about their actions in that time. After Northrend, Vereesa sneaked a cadre of rangers into Quel'Thalas (admittedly at Halduron's behest), breaching their exile, they then violently purged the Sunreavers from Dalaran, murdering resistant civilians, they subsequently worked against blood elven efforts on the Isle of Thunder campaign. It was only in Legion when the Silver Covenant started working indirectly with the blood elves through pledging allegiance to the hunters of the Unseen Path.

All of those actions are gonna lead to Lor'themar probably extending the ban on entry to Quel'Thalas for high elves who pledge themselves to Vereesa indefinitely.

Quel'Thalas has no king. Quel'Thalas needs no king.
    they are in quelthalas from wotlk

I vote for the new quelthalas republic!

This sparked an interesting thought. What if they grouped races together, allowing you to pick what set of racials your character has and automatically selecting the matching race name.

For example, a dranei could pick the regular or light forged racials, (which also changes the race name). A Void Elf could pick to have their void form (with the void elf name) or change it to an arcane form (automatically selecting the high elf race name). Same for Tauren, etc...
    This reminds me of something we talked a bit about a little while ago on the 9.0 thread.

With the upcoming troll tribe and wildhammer customization, most of the existing Allied Races have become "obsolete". There's no reason now that Dark Iron dwarf is a separate "race". Wildhammer just as easily could have gotten their own racial abilities and heritage armor and all that stuff (and they could have done a lot of neat stuff with that), but a move toward "just pick the race and roleplay what you want" is all I originally expected for sub-races and honestly makes it a lot easier for them going forward.

There's no reason the Allied Races like Lightforged Draenei or Mag'har Orcs need to be their own races anymore. Even Kul Tirans are technically just a body type (especially since Jaina and her family are Kul Tirans who look like the original humans). Only Allied Races that symbolically cross the faction barrier like Nightborne and Void Elves, or are entirely distinct, like Vulpera, have any reason to be separate anymore.

Of course, the trouble lies within all the unique stuff they did give the Allied Races. Right now, even with the new customization, there is no way for you to choose things like "I want these voice lines, I want those racial abilities, I'd prefer that druid form" and adding that option could certainly get messy.

However, finding a solution to that problem would not only make the whole subrace concept much cleaner going forward, but it would do wonders for this new interesting Void Elf situation. How customization and Allied Races are handled going forward will make a big difference on whether the new development is just a bone thrown or the start of something character-defining.

Perhaps our next step should be to brainstorm ways for the new customization system to distinguish between sub-races without Allied Races, so void elves could be fully high elves or fully void elves, depending on your choice, while also throwing out ideas to help blood elves (ironically, considering where this started) feel like they're getting as much love.
    Last edited by Jokubas; 2020-05-29 at 08:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ardenaso View Post

people want this thread to be closed and at the same time report my posts for being outside this thread ano ba
    This clusterfuck needs to be contained, this topic is one of the most toxic things in all of warcraft. High elf threads always go down a very dark route eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by BaumanKing View Post
    Probably? Depends whether they reuse the BE skin assets and only add the underwear on top, or they copy them over to Void Elves.

Quote Originally Posted by Phaelia View Post
    I mean I guess it’s fine that Void Elves are getting these customizations but it seems incredibly greedy to ask for every single option that Blood Elves have. Let their hair colors remain locked. Let some distinction remain between the two, because it’s super annoying that BE’s seem to be getting the shaft in this deal (blue eyes notwithstanding). There’s no unique Blood Elf only skin. If we got Dark Ranger colors this would be fine.
    I do think there's a point here that BE's could get something more than blue eyes and beards and DR options would be a something nice that would be definitelly exclusive to them. So I do support the idea of BE's getting something unique to them.

As for this being the reason VE's shouldn't get "normal" hair colors, I just find it very weird from an in universe perspective. So VE's do get to keep their skin tones through voidification, but they can't use hair dye? It just reveals the artifice of exclusivity and how it breaks in universe logic.

I see two solutions, and they could go hand in hand:

-Give Void Elves a limited palette of "normal hair colors" but maybe make them less saturated/duller than BE colors

-Give Blood Elves "Dark Ranger" customization. Red Eyes and a couple of undead skins should do the trick.