Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Digital or physical copies?

Digital means you get it right away, but some people like the art and collectibility of a physical copy.

Do you prefer digital copies of your favorite games or physical ones?

I tend to go with physical because it gives me to option to resell them. There are only a handful of games that I'd want to play through again.

I'm a PC player so physical copies don't have much value to me. They require you to input a product key anyway that is registered so it's not like I can resell the disc to someone else. I mind as well just use GOG or Steam and be able to download my library anywhere. I only buy physical if I really love the game and want a collector's edition, but they're not making CEs for the games I love anymore.

Psyical for console digital for PC

Even then I kinda enjoy the convience of digital these days its easier to just pick and choose the game I want on the console over grabbing the disc

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    I'm a PC player so physical copies don't have much value to me. They require you to input a product key anyway that is registered so it's not like I can resell the disc to someone else. I mind as well just use GOG or Steam and be able to download my library anywhere. I only buy physical if I really love the game and want a collector's edition, but they're not making CEs for the games I love anymore.
    Pretty much this. I have bought 1 physical copy in the past 10 or so years.

I like physical, but i hate changing discs on console. usually digital for something i know i will play often, physical for others. I wish i could get a physical, that worked like a digitial, that couldnt be traded in. best of both worlds for me lol

Ive never owned a physical copy of anything ever. My PC doesn't even have a dvd reader.. or blu-ray or whatever the standard is these days. It's much more convenient to use digital copies and no trash to clutter up the apartment either.

10+ Year Old Account
    Depends on the platform.

PC I always go digital. Why not?
    Xbox usually digital because they have supported backwards compatibility.

Sony and Nintendo do not have much offered in terms of playing my digital games on their current platforms. This is the reason why I still haven't bothered going beyond PS3 and WiiU. I already pay a console tax to use online services, so why the fuck should I have to pay for the game again? PC Master Race

I grew up with PC and loved all the weird boxes that PC games use to come in, often filled with all sorts of trinkets but we're a couple decades past that being the norm now so I greatly prefer digital now. The less clutter the better.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think the last time I bought a physical copy of a PC game was in like 2011. I bought the Collector's Edition of SWTOR because I was hyped as fuck for that game.

A couple of years ago I would answer physical, but after it cought viruses I started using only digital

Im for both, atleast on pc because no matter how much i upgrade my pc i can still just redownload the game, but with console i buy physical so i can trade them in or sell them when i upgrade to the next one.

I only get physical copies if it's because I want something that's included in a collector's edition. Otherwise I prefer to keep my collection of games strictly digital rather than needlessly taking up space.
    Quote Originally Posted by AZSolii View Post
    "yes, let's piss him off because he loves his long hair. Let us twirl our evil mustaches amidst the background music of honky-tonk pianos! GENIUS!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Culexus View Post
    Yes i hate those sneaky account thieves that come to my house and steal my computer in order to steal some wow money! Those bastards! *shakes fist*

Quote Originally Posted by The Oblivion View Post
    I like physical, but i hate changing discs on console. usually digital for something i know i will play often, physical for others. I wish i could get a physical, that worked like a digitial, that couldnt be traded in. best of both worlds for me lol
    They don't even bother with basic game manuals anymore. Not even a keyboard shortcut list. It's just "check our website, also buy this other thing too."

10+ Year Old Account
    Digital all the way.

I only make exceptions for very specific collectors edition for literally very few select games. I did not get any collector's edition for years now.

I imagine that my next one will be Diablo 4. BG3 is a worthwhile contended, but for me it's just not on the same level - I want truly legendary games to be allowed a spot in my house.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty much all digital these days when it comes to PC but Console I prefer physical and only do digital when it's something that is digital only. (Only game I have that is open to both is the Metroid Prime trilogy...be damned if I'm gonna pay 100+ for a physical when I paid 10 for digital)

Console games: Physical. They're cheaper, I can sell them if I don't like them, I don't lose them if my PSN account gets hacked and I have to issue chargebacks.

I even preferred physical copies of WoW, but Blizzard are dicks and didn't send any out for BFA, so now fuck them I don't care. The collection ends at Legion.

I only buy PC games if they're exclusives or cheap.

10+ Year Old Account
    All digital. cba swapping discs and storing cases.

I do physical where I can. I don't like how a lot of consoles are trying to become very restrictive to your ability to play your own games when its digital. Not only that, but I don't like having to manage several memory cards. Thought we were moving away from that.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

15+ Year Old Account
    Depends. For PC I'm pretty much completely digital, but for console I prefer disc. Also my internet speed aren't great so it's nice not having to download 40-100+ gig games.