Page 25 of 28 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Well that escalated quickly... It feels like the same people telling alliance to stop whining about high elves and suck it up are whining on the other side now. Having absolutely no skin in this game (down with all elves really), it sounds like it's a done deal.

All the people saying "you can't differentiate faction!", we already have that with pandaren, it's not game breaking.. In fact, aside from some sort of exclusivity complex it doesn't affect you at all.

To the people complaining about dark skinned elves...go pound sand, it's about time they did that. Are people really trying to use lore as any sort of excuse for why things shouldn't exist? Lol there's so much **** in this game that makes zero lore sense, give me a break. They're making new **** up as we speak, that's how you get new lore! *gasp*

Quote Originally Posted by Aekero View Post
    Well that escalated quickly... It feels like the same people telling alliance to stop whining about high elves and suck it up are whining on the other side now. Having absolutely no skin in this game (down with all elves really), it sounds like it's a done deal.

All the people saying "you can't differentiate faction!", we already have that with pandaren, it's not game breaking.. In fact, aside from some sort of exclusivity complex it doesn't affect you at all.

To the people complaining about dark skinned elves...go pound sand, it's about time they did that. Are people really trying to use lore as any sort of excuse for why things shouldn't exist? Lol there's so much **** in this game that makes zero lore sense, give me a break. They're making new **** up as we speak, that's how you get new lore! *gasp*
    people aren't complaining (maybe one or two are) about the color. there's nothing wrong with wondering if there are any specific game/world reasons in lore that explain the appearance of a race, and is infact encouraged to do as we're conditioned to seek answers to our curiosities within lore. part of the issue is, this is kind of unprecedented where blizzard hasn't really released a slew of varying new colors for a race before, and people will naturally seek the color's inclusion either within lore - whether is't an in-game justification of a color or simply a company inserting a color regardless of lore.

if a new or current elf race was green you'd want to know what made them green because in this game, color of elf is determined by circumstances. so I think people just want to know if the new additional colors mean anything lore-wise or if they are simply colors elves could have always been and are simply just now being added to the game. There's nothing wrong, in a game where there's lots of great lore to delve into and explain stuff, to wonder if these new colors mean anything other than legitimate options for a race. all races are getting new colors but they are not all as drastic / real life inspired. night elves are getting more shades, tauren, etc. people aren't complaining about them because they aren't directly our real life earth colors. I for one am the only one complaining about night elves getting the nightborne skin color because other than being related I don't see how they can have that dusky purple/dark twilight color because they did not live under the dome for 10,000 years. lol.

I'm glad each faction has blood elves now because it shows that races can swap sides/be exiled/defect, etc, proving the game and it's world are always evolving naturally. And for instance, the greyish void elves are their color because of that ritual, so to say their color is meaningless and only a customization option is a horrid thing to say when the game has revealed that their color is a direct result, in lore, from a specific event.

you slash at people 'trying to use lore as any sort of excuse for why things shouldn't exist' which is equal to the people you're slashing out at because while they are trying to find reasons explaining a color which is pretty innocent and expected in our game/world, you are reducing color down to 'there's no real reason needed for a race's color whatsoever', which is pretty cruel to tell people who like lore and are conditioned to explore the lore for curiosities/answers.

It's true it doesn't really matter and it is a game but people enjoy this world blizzard created. The starship enterprise doesn't lob ferrets and if it suddenly did, trekkies might like to look to lore (not the android) to find out why. If you provide no context for how or why a color exists, you dismiss part of what makes the people of that particular color special, like it doesn't matter, which is just as bad.

nightborne have lived under a dome of eternal night and appear much darker that most elves and because of their society's circumstances, they appear a very specific certain way, so it's important to their history, culture, and to the lore. to dismiss these specifics altogether is just as harmful.
    Last edited by dunkl; 2020-05-28 at 09:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Playintrafic View Post
    It has an effect on me every single time someone makes some shitty oceans or ghostbusters movie with an all female because just to be woke, it has an effect on me every time someone turns all favourite star wars characters into fucking jokes and adds shittily written succesors just to be woke, it affects me every time someone makes a fucking in an entirely half assed manner because they are more fucking focused on how woke they are than doing a good god damned fucking job.

I am sick and fucking tired of the hipster millenial/zoomer shits that are trying to prove that they aren't racist/facist/sexist or bigoted so hard and so often that all they actually fucking accomplish is doing the exact thing they are trying to prove they aren't doing.

Now maybe, maybe there is a tiny minority of people out there that wanted black elves, and hell thats cool. Make a new sub species of elf that is black, or offshoot of the nightelfs, and make them look like actual black people, no some crispy critter ass bullshit.

The new asian/african themed human skins are amazing, but woke-elf is tier 1 grade A half assed garbage.
    Gawd, get a damn life moron! It's just dark skin options for elves. If you're that triggered over something that small, then GET OUT! Blizz will only add more options like this down the line. They already adding dark/black/asian skins for every other human-skin like races like Gnomes and Dwarfs. Soon the Alliance will be black and proud! Black elves, asian dwarfs, I say ALL ARE WELCOME to the Alliance! There's no room for toxic bigots!

And if you still fell like that, go play Classic WoW and STFU!
    Allies Race Wishlist: ALLIANCE: Tuskarr and Vrykul HORDE: Gnoll and Mok'Nathal
    New Class Wishlist: Blademaster, Tinker, Necromancer, Bard

Quote Originally Posted by Rotted View Post
    The amount of racism and attempts to justify it in the last 2 pages alone is hilarious, let alone the previous 20,
    The amount of reeeing and pearl clutching is pretty comical too.

Quote Originally Posted by protip View Post
    That's not true. Blood elves were only exposed to fel radiation from the Sunwell for a very short period of time after the fall of Tempest Keep, while Kael'thas was trying to summon Kil'jaeden. Blood elves have green eyes because of fel radiation from the crystals that were used to power the city. Rommath and some of the magisters replaced the power of the Sunwell with fel power to maintain the lifestyle the high elves were accustomed to after the Sunwell was corrupted by Arthas (with death magic) and destroyed by Kael'thas.

- - - Updated - - -

Mate, every one of those listings has a reference. That passage doesn't have one, and in fact, *gasp* it's gone! What a wonderful thing the wiki is.
    You're right, I was mistaken. The green eye color didn't start until the reconstruction of Silvermoon. My bad.

So the High Elves finally getting their blue eyes back feels good

Quote Originally Posted by Rotted View Post
    The amount of racism and attempts to justify it in the last 2 pages alone is hilarious, let alone the previous 20,
    I think you might be seeing racism and attempts to justify it where there's neither. if the elves were green instead of human colors, you'd want to know why. maybe you personally wouldn't care, but blizzard would give a reason for green elves.

people here aren't so much angry as they're wondering if the new colors have always been a normal blood elf skin color that are just now being implement, which is great, or if there might be lore reasons for them since most elves appear as they do because of the their unique history, culture's circumstances, and lore.

I don't think anyone who plays wow is racist, but there are people on these forums blaming others for being racist and for attempting to justify it - which isn't helpful therefore it's hurtful.

Quote Originally Posted by dunkl View Post
    I don't think anyone who plays wow is racist
    LMFAO

You'd be wrong. WoW players are people same as any other, and guess what, where there's people, there's bound to be some bigots.
    Just go visit WoWhead and see the amount of removed posts over this crap, with all kinds of abbreviations of the N-word being used by some.

From the 3rd page of the post, not even quoting the one calling out "Negoelves" as "not existing"...

Quote Originally Posted by aeuhe4yxzhds View Post
    Looks so bad and ugly. The color of skin in wow matters.

Cant wait for asian and african humans, in a universe where planet earth doesn't exist. Its just so dumb
    Doesn't have a problem with ALL the other races/skin tones based on people and cultures from Planet Earth, but Asian and African? Can't abide. 'Nuff said.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2020-05-28 at 10:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    LMFAO

You'd be wrong. WoW players are people same as any other, and guess what, where there's people, there's bound to be some bigots.
    Just go visit WoWhead and see the amount of removed posts over this crap, with all kinds of abbreviations of the N-word being used by some.
    It's probably unrealistic to think there are none at all but I do tend to idealize everyone and hope for the best and when I can muster it, take action.

Regardless, the poster I was responding to said the racists and their attempts to justify themselves were comical, which I find a sad thing to find humorous and not really contributing to the betterment of the situation, nor a genuinely kind or helpful statement as it fans the flames needlessly, even if it is just an opinion, it made me sad.
    Last edited by dunkl; 2020-05-28 at 10:47 PM.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Canada, Northern Ontario (the French part)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    And you know very well that High Elves were always Alliance to begin with and they were given to the Horde to give them a pretty race.
    Not since Warcraft 3, they're not. Funny how you don't rejoin a faction who basically turned its back on you during one of the worst times in recent History of your People.

Kael'thas got crucified by the Alliance for trying to do right by his people. Did he fuck up when he made alliances with Naga? Absolutely, but where were the High Elves' allies in the hypocritically named "Alliance"? The fact that ANY Thalassian Elves are even joining the Alliance is insane. Void Elves and the Silver Covenant included.

I'm ecstatic to see blood elves with beards!

Quote Originally Posted by xxcloud417xx View Post
    Not since Warcraft 3, they're not. Funny how you don't rejoin a faction who basically turned its back on you during one of the worst times in recent History of your People.

Kael'thas got crucified by the Alliance for trying to do right by his people. Did he fuck up when he made alliances with Naga? Absolutely, but where were the High Elves' allies in the hypocritically named "Alliance"? The fact that ANY Thalassian Elves are even joining the Alliance is insane. Void Elves and the Silver Covenant included.
    The High Elves are currently in the Alliance and have been all throughout.

You've had plenty of time to cope.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertMugabe View Post
    Wish we could get marks/tattoos like that.
    Tbh, the blue skin tint always made no sense to me. They should've done the tattoos option like for Demon Hunters, or the runes on Lightforged Draenei. Never really understood how Alleria was so different from other Void Elves.

- - - Updated - - -

The High Elves are currently in the Alliance and have been all throughout.

You've had plenty of time to cope.
    I mean, idc, they can have their minuscule sub-faction. Quel'thalas is the true home of the High Elves, and they still live there. "Blood Elf" is nothing but an honorary title taken up after surviving through hell.

5+ Year Old Account
    So what happened to the Blizzard line of Allied Races won't be getting customisation until after the core races are done?

Will the other Allied Races see changes coming in this soon too? Or are elves the exception to that rule?

Quote Originally Posted by Fiacla View Post
    So what happened to the Blizzard line of Allied Races won't be getting customisation until after the core races are done?

Will the other Allied Races see changes coming in this soon too?
    Fairly sure they did this because:

They planned to give Blood Elves blue eyes.
    And they already planned to give Void Elves High Elf skin colors down the line.
    But if they give Blood Elves blue eyes first, they know a war will break out over it, so they probably decided to announce them simultaneously for that reason.

As it is, it isn't like this is really a big customization change on a technical level. It's just putting on a Blood Elf body texture, which takes like one second, and it saves them a million angry forum threads.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    But yes, we can't have void elf paladins. Yet.
    Aren't the Light and the Void polar opposites? Idk if that'll ever work considering Void Elves are steeped in it. The fact that you can even be a Holy or Disc priest as a Void Elf, or a Shadow Priest as a Blood Elf (since they're now powered by a Naaru) already strains that a bit. Obviously gameplay-wise, it would be bad to restrict specs to a race. Especially when Priests are iconic to both races; Shadow being the "use the void" spec, and Holy/Disc using the Light and being a callback to Warcraft 3 High Elf units.

Fairly sure they did this because:

They planned to give Blood Elves blue eyes.
    And they already planned to give Void Elves High Elf skin colors down the line.
    But if they give Blood Elves blue eyes first, they know a war will break out over it, so they probably decided to announce them simultaneously for that reason.

As it is, it isn't like this is really a big customization change on a technical level. It's just putting on a Blood Elf body texture, which takes like one second, and it saves them a million angry forum threads.
    I'd kind of like to imagine that artists are doing this on their downtime. Now that they're at home doing work, maybe they're finding it hard to avoid doing little extra stuff like this. It's really great!

Oh. Yay. Now the game is going to be assaulted by hordes of drow. Fantastic.

Quote Originally Posted by Hctaz View Post
    but why do the void elves get belf underwear... shouldn't they keep the blue underwear still??? ._.
    Could just be concept art oversight. Who knows...
    "The fatal flaw of every plan, no matter how well planned, is the assumption that you know more than your enemy."

Quote Originally Posted by Melusine View Post
    Could just be concept art oversight. Who knows...
    Yeah, they've already said they'll have Void Elf underwear.