Quote Originally Posted by Laughingjack View Post
    It did, job creation exploded in manufacturing countries like china and India. Having more money doesn't mean you waste it.

The unskilled worker must ask themselves one of two questions. How do I acquire a marketable skill? or How do I compete with foreign labor. That is the gift of globalism.
    You can't. Unless those countries implement living wages and worker protections. The problem with a global economic system is that we don't have a global legal system.

This is why trade deals are so important, because they are internationally enforceable contracts which can stipulate working conditions and various human rights. But conservatives want unfettered global trade without legal or sovereign concerns. That has made the UN and most trade organizations ineffective or outright puppets of hyper-capitalist countries.

Thus the question for the unskilled worker shouldn't be "how do I compete with foreign labor?" but rather "Why are elites in our country dumpster diving abroad for cheap, inhumane labor, and going out of their way to *protect* that labor so they can keep their profits?"

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    Demonizing the demonstraters for raging against the system is just validating the system. It's saying the system should not repeat the consequences of its actions, taking away from the cause of the protestors while allowing the system to continue as is.

I think people are struggling with the word systemic.

Systemic doesn't just mean one one party is responsible for the output of said system. It means there's are many processes in play that feed and lead to said outcome.

Example:

When something is said to be systemic it means there are many smaller parts to make up the whole.

In this case were are talking about systemic racism in America that rears its head in the police system, aided by those who shield back cops and communities from facing repercussions.

We're not talking about the first ever incident of someone being murdered an unjust system. We're talking decades, centuries of this. So obviously being peaceful wasn't getting the point across. Just maybe the system got what was coming to it for years and years of not being self reflective.
    I use terms looters for a reason. I also were clear to separate them from protesters who I support. I even gave you my thoughts on what they could do against government property.

So I don't really get your example. I've already stated that it's reasonable and justifiable to be mad. I also understand why some violence occurs... Never stated anything opposite. I'm just pointing out that you have your boxes, protesters and cops, meanwhile me and probably others see it as there are more groups within those groups. I don't have to approve of the action of every single individual in any group that exists in the world. It's frankly quite absurd.

Then we have more real consequences of looting and destroying stuff from people who had nothing to do with the incident. Some will have the angle you describe. That it's justified and they take the loss and don't do a big deal about it. Then you can also get the ones who will actually dislike your cause because of the action who will in turn defend the system because it "cracks down on the evil doers". Attacking innocents is a good way to make them your enemy regardless of how virtuous your cause is.

As by your example, don't you become complicit to their behaviour since you are defending, or rather act indifferent towards it?

You are trying to read too much into this as far as I can tell. It's like if we had a big fight after I've done something really bad towards you. I can understand in the frustration that you might hit me a few times on the shoulder in anger. Sure, I don't condone violence, but I get it. I can take a few hits, it's fine. However, if you were to go and start beating on someone else who isn't even part of this fight... then yeah, you are not acting within what's reasonable for the situation and someone else gets hurt by it.

Unless your part with the systemic is trying to hint at that "everyone is guilty", then I can absolutely see why you don't care. We won't agree with each other that's for sure if that's the case though.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

Quote Originally Posted by Freighter View Post
    Tell them to stop spending all their money they earn instead of whining at me about it.
    If they do not have money to spend how they can be irresponsible with the thing they do not have?

If a family keeps a child out of school and lives on a farm, and then the climate turns bad and they can't farm anymore, and they don't have an education, you're saying they're poor because they were irresponsible?

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    If they do not have money to spend how they can be irresponsible with the thing they do not have?

If a family keeps a child out of school and lives on a farm, and then the climate turns bad and they can't farm anymore, and they don't have an education, you're saying they're poor because they were irresponsible?
    Sounds like they should have moved to an urban area just like everyone else is doing then. I don't know why you insist on defending bad decisions.

They will either strive to out compete foreign workers in productivity or they will learn a marketable skill if not nature will take its course.
    IF YOU DO NOT NEED PEOPLE there are no fucking foreign workers, but a damn computer, which is what you brought up with automation did you forget what you yourself said?

- - - Updated - - -

Sounds like they should have moved to an urban area just like everyone else is doing then.
    So you blame the child who grew up in this situation as being their downfall, not their parents, or their family situation where all they knew was what they were taught and raised in?

10+ Year Old Account
    What the fuck is going on..

So you blame the child who grew up in this situation as being their downfall, not their parents, or their family situation where all they knew was what they were taught and raised in?
    They can move to urban areas just like many others do from rural areas.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    Thus the question for the unskilled worker shouldn't be "how do I compete with foreign labor?" but rather "Why are elites in our country dumpster diving abroad for cheap, inhumane labor, and going out of their way to *protect* that labor so they can keep their profits?"
    The answer is that it's a lot easier and lazier to be racist than it is to be smart.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    You can't. Unless those countries implement living wages and worker protections. The problem with a global economic system is that we don't have a global legal system.

This is why trade deals are so important, because they are internationally enforceable contracts which can stipulate working conditions and various human rights. But conservatives want unfettered global trade without legal or sovereign concerns. That has made the UN and most trade organizations ineffective or outright puppets of hyper-capitalist countries.

They can ask themselves that but its pointless to do so. The future is always here before anyone realizes it. The genie can't be put back into the bottle but world can not be reverted to what it was. All one can do is adapt or perish as the world changes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Collegeguy View Post
    What the fuck is going on..
    Correct me if I'm wrong but that's aforementioned Karen who drove her scooter to the Target for the specific purpose of stabbing black looters and ignoring white ones, is it not?
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

IF YOU DO NOT NEED PEOPLE there are no fucking foreign workers, but a damn computer, which is what you brought up with automation did you forget what you yourself said?

- - - Updated - - -

I believe you are rather confused... you asked what do you do with those unskilled laborers in your country. Not every person in your country.

10+ Year Old Account
    They can move to urban areas just like many others do from rural areas.
    You do realise moving costs money, right?

And that it's kinda hard for people living paycheck to paycheck to save money, which is the definition of living paycheck to paycheck? Fucking lol.

I believe you are rather confused... you asked what do you do with those unskilled laborers in your country. Not every person in your country.
    Service jobs aren’t unskilled they’re service jobs. Do you think a ten year diamond dealer veteran is unskilled?

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong but that's aforementioned Karen who drove her scooter to the Target for the specific purpose of stabbing black looters and ignoring white ones, is it not?

So? Get a loan.

And that it's kinda hard for people living paycheck to paycheck to save money?
    They're doing something wrong if they're living paycheck to paycheck. Like having too much expenses.

Service jobs aren’t unskilled they’re service jobs. Do you think a ten year diamond dealer veteran is unskilled?
    Why is it you keep thinking when I say unskilled you think I only mean menial labor?

And that it's kinda hard for people living paycheck to paycheck to save money, which is the definition of living paycheck to paycheck? Fucking lol.
    What’s funny is they say this about Korea where you need a large sum of money just to get an apartment that can almost be like a down payment on a mortgage.

- - - Updated - - -

Why is it you keep thinking when I say unskilled you think I only mean menial labor?
    Your definition of unskilled is wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ah, I see. In that case.

This isn't an instance of "bystander gets mobbed", it's "woman who chose to make an active threat of herself is surprised when people defend themselves".

What’s funny is they say this about Korea where you need a large sum of money just to get an apartment that can almost be like a down payment on a mortgage.

- - - Updated - - -

Your definition of unskilled is wrong.
    I mean... im using the dictionary definition.

You get the money back after the lease.