Quote Originally Posted by Freighter View Post
    Working at lotte mart I made more money than I spent.
    Ooh okay does that apply to New Jersey?

Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    So, I'm having trouble finding confirmation of this off of Twitter and there are WAY too many posts in this thread for me to read them all, but apparently the guy who was walking around in black with a gas mask and umbrella during the protests setting fires and breaking all of the Auto Zone windows is a cop.

https://twitter.com/GypsyEyedBeauty/...727562240?s=20

Outed by his ex-wife.
    This looks interesting to say the least. Deffo wait and see

Quote Originally Posted by NED funded View Post
    This looks interesting to say the least. Deffo wait and see
    Oh, so you too have cops doubling as violent protestors just to stir the pot.
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

Field Marshal
    3+ Year Old Account
    Cops give themselves a bad name by allowing these scum to enter their force, and then, some say that it is not a systemic issue.

It is a systemic issue. Cops need to stop using excessive force.

Whelp police building just started on fire, getting bigger. Hope nobody is inside, they moved whatever convicts out of there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    Whelp police building just started on fire, getting bigger. Hope nobody is inside, they moved whatever convicts out of there.
    Precincts don't hold convicts. Most only have a few holding cells for people awaiting transport unless they are actually right next to a jail.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Field Marshal
    3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    so like 90% of the police who police that area don't actually live in that area.

Yes. Just like the NYPD. A lot of NYPD cops live on Long Island/Westchester/suburbs, they don't understand minorities, they have preconceived notions of minorities. Long Island has a lot of aggressive law and order types that have rifts with minorities, etc

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    Precincts don't hold convicts. Most only have a few holding cells for people awaiting transport unless they are actually right next to a jail.
    That's what I meant, people in holding. Wrong word, my bad.

I dont understand how or why this is a race issue. It's a police issue. A pretty damn glaring one might I add. Sorta like tenured professors, it takes a metric fuckload of a fuckup to get fired, and more ontop of that to have them send it elsewhere for discipline. Making this into a civil rights BLM crap makes the regular folks roll their eyes...hell one of the cops fired for this was 100% of asian decent, and a lot of others previous were minorities in a badge as well. It's police issue, not a race issue!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Foosha View Post
    I dont understand how or why this is a race issue.
    Statistical illiteracy? Dunno what to tell you. There's been reams of data linked over the last few pages as to why this is a loaded subject.

It's a police issue. A pretty damn glaring one might I add. Sorta like tenured professors, it takes a metric fuckload of a fuckup to get fired, and more ontop of that to have them send it elsewhere for discipline. Making this into a civil rights BLM crap makes the regular folks roll their eyes...hell one of the cops fired for this was 100% of asian decent, and a lot of others previous were minorities in a badge as well. It's police issue, not a race issue!
    > "It's not a race issue!"
    > Proceeds point out one of the fired cops was a minority to show how this is totally not a race issue.

This is just lazy.

Also, who are these "regular folks" you claim to speak for?
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by WorldChamps99 View Post
    Yes. Just like the NYPD. A lot of NYPD cops live on Long Island/Westchester/suburbs, they don't understand minorities, they have preconceived notions of minorities. Long Island has a lot of aggressive law and order types that have rifts with minorities, etc
    Omg yes.. honestly I couldn't live in any non-diverse areas.

10+ Year Old Account
    I dont understand how or why this is a race issue. It's a police issue. A pretty damn glaring one might I add. Sorta like tenured professors, it takes a metric fuckload of a fuckup to get fired, and more ontop of that to have them send it elsewhere for discipline. Making this into a civil rights BLM crap makes the regular folks roll their eyes...hell one of the cops fired for this was 100% of asian decent, and a lot of others previous were minorities in a badge as well. It's police issue, not a race issue!
    BLM is about police issues. Police issues are focused on black people. When police tend to act more aggressively towards black people its both a police and race issue. When the first arguments are 'well they are more aggressive towards black people because black people are bigger" are whatever sick people want to spout, its definitely a race issue.

You do realize race issues impact an entire society right? Its almost like you're bothered that it's viewed (rightfully) through such a lense.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    Also, who are these "regular folks" you claim to speak for?
    You know, real Americans. The onces who moved here 150 years ago, not the ones who brought here 400 years ago.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Field Marshal
    3+ Year Old Account
    It is a race issue. It is mostly white male cops being caught doing this to black unarmed people and it has to END NOW. NOW.

It is a race issue. It is mostly white male cops being caught doing this to black unarmed people and it has to END NOW. NOW.
    Heyooooo there it is. Yah! White people cant face police oppression either! Although I'm curious, why is it black people mainly and not latino or any other minority facing this issue?

Field Marshal
    3+ Year Old Account
    Omg yes.. honestly I couldn't live in any non-diverse areas.
    Why not?

I'd live in a nice white suburb like LI, but mixed ones are good too. You can't live in a all-black/white/Latino area.

But some say that homogeneous societies make for happier lives.

- - - Updated - - -

Heyooooo there it is. Yah! White people cant face police oppression either! Although I'm curious, why is it black people mainly and not latino or any other minority facing this issue?
    Whites get killed by police as well but it happens to blacks more frequently. Period.

awww bendito...It is latino people as well.. often at the same rates as black people... black and latinos are both very much targeted... cute you said it thinking that it wasn't an issue because people often don't say latino.

Frequently "black and latino" are grouped when talking about this since they both face most of the same rates of targeting by police.

Enjoy.

https://www.nber.org/papers/w22399

Why not?

I'd live in a nice white suburb like LI, but mixed ones are good too. You can't live in a all-black/white/Latino area.

But some say that homogeneous societies make for happier lives.

- - - Updated - - -

Whites get killed by police as well but it happens to blacks more frequently. Period.
    I have no problem living in an all latin neighbourhood... often they're very diverse. Dominican, Rican, Panamanian, Cuban, Colombian

Latino is an ethnicity that covers multiple cultures and races.

Living in an all black American neighbourhood wouldn't jive with me... and an all white neighbourhood I definitely would want to stay away from. Generally because of past racism and the constant feeling of being out of place... sometimes because I'm literally asked several times why I'm even there to begin with.

10+ Year Old Account
    The national guard has been activated.

https://www.startribune.com/twin-cit...ard/570830002/

Protesters are apparently being shot at. Not clear who is was the shooting, but they fortunately have bad aim.

https://www.startribune.com/shots-fi...ath/570851982/

They still can't seem to find time to arrest 4 murders.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

15+ Year Old Account
    I have no problem living in an all latin neighbourhood... often they're very diverse. Dominican, Rican, Panamanian, Cuban, Colombian

Latino is an ethnicity that covers multiple cultures and races.

Living in an all black American neighbourhood wouldn't jive with me... and an all white neighbourhood I definitely would want to stay away from. Generally because of past racism and the constant feeling of being out of place... sometimes because I'm literally asked several times why I'm even there to begin with.
    So you do advocate for segregation.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.