Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Alliance Upgrading my 6-year-old PC

Hey guys, so I am waiting on the $1200 stimulus from Trump ( I live in Puerto Rico so everything takes ages to arrive especially when it's free money lol) and I decided the time has come to upgrade my baby need some recommendations please since I am debating either intel gen10, gen9 Or AMD gen 3

Current specs:

CPU: Intel i5 4690k 3.5ghz

CPU Cooler: Hyper 212 EVO (just 1 fan attached)

Motherb: Asus H81M-P Plus (micro atx)

Memory: DDR3 Corsair vengeance 1600mhz (2x8 GB)

Storage: old 240gb SSD +1Tb HDD

GPU: MSI GTX 970

Power supply: Thermaltake (Bronze 80) 750w

Case: old corsair 200T ( 2 intake fans in front)

Monitor: AOC 24" 144hz + 24" 60hz (play all games in 144fps/hz)

So given I live in PR my options are limited but can buy from newegg and ebay etc since amazon is taking AGES to ship here even though I have prime so trying to avoid it for now due to the rona.

Upgrade: CPU + MOTHERBOARD + RAM + ?CPU COOLER?

Intel's gen 10 release date to buy on newegg/online ETA? I checked but they are just selling intel gen 9 for now and googled that AMD gen 4 comes out September 2020. I don't want to wait for thaat much and I am leaning towards intel (I only play COD Warzone, Fortnite and Wow and live stream it to friends on discord and twitch so I want a good chip that will let me run games while streaming them, Discord, Spotify, google chrome tabs, and twitch /youtube on second monitor.

-Motherboard to pair it with gen 10 ( I don't need integrated wifi on it tbh if I can keep the cost downs since my PC is next to my router) I prefer to wait for intel gen10 instead of gen9 since I believe it is so close to being in stock online why buy a previous-gen just so that it will become old in literally 15 days-ish (I hope) and pay more since I guess prices of gen9 drop when gen 10 launches* ??

Memory- Thinking of Corsair 2x8GB DDR4 or 2X16GB but don't know what is a good mhz for them.

- Reuse my hyper evo 212 fan since I have it. I prefer air cooling over water just in case it leaks. I only have 1 fan mounted on the radiator metal fins on the Evo (came with 1) but thinking I should probably buy a fan mount and new fan to attach to the other side of the radiator fins and have one fan on intake, radiator in the middle, and the other fan on exhaust.

I will shy away from upgrading my gtx970 GPU for the time being because prices are so inflated and I believe RTX 3080 is incoming in 2020?

Budget: depends but if I go with gen10 i7 I can splurge on that over the i5 if it is worth it. Don't know the power of 8 cores because I have never had so many lol.

TLDR: wait a little bit and buy intel gen10 or go this week to best buy in Puerto Rico and buy intel gen9 or AMD cpu for gaming and live streaming

thanks!
    Last edited by wachupita; 2020-05-25 at 08:56 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why do you want to upgrade? For shinies or performance?

In either case, I'd honestly suggest waiting until Ryzen 4000 and Nvidia 3000 comes out unless you need to upgrade because something broke.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AntenoraDK View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nN_kjVKZx30

He puts both an Intel and AMD build.
    I especially love the part where his intel build literally doesn't have a cooler

Quote Originally Posted by Temp name View Post
    I especially love the part where his intel build literally doesn't have a cooler
    I believe the 9600k comes with a stock cooler.

A crappy one sure.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AntenoraDK View Post
    I believe the 9600k comes with a stock cooler.

A crappy one sure.
    It does not.
    https://www.quora.com/Do-Intel-CPUs-come-with-coolers
    "All Boxed, (not tray or OEM) Intel Core CPUs come with a stock cooler unless it is a K or X series processor- an i7–9700 comes with a cooler but an i7–9700K won’t."

or from Intel themselves:
    https://www.intel.com/content/www/us...rocessors.html

Why do you want to upgrade? For shinies or performance?

In either case, I'd honestly suggest waiting until Ryzen 4000 and Nvidia 3000 comes out unless you need to upgrade because something broke.
    my rig is very old I wan tto run call of duty on 144fps for my 144hz monitor and be able to stream it to twitch while runing discord, spotify and google chrome. Currently my rig won't let me run anything else if I run COD, cpu utilization goes to 80-100% as well as gpu utilization. I run the game in low settings to try to get 144 fps in Warzone but get around 80fps. It is not an upgrade for the "shinies" since my PC was built in 2014 with generation 4 intel i5 so it is for performance. I believe amd ryzen 400 comes out in September 2020.
    Last edited by wachupita; 2020-05-26 at 06:16 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wachupita View Post
    my rig is very old I wan tto run call of duty on 144fps for my 144hz monitor and be able to stream it to twitch while runing discord, spotify and google chrome. Currently my rig won't let me run anything else if I run COD, cpu utilization goes to 80-100% as well as gpu utilization. I run the game in low settings to try to get 144 fps in Warzone but get around 80fps. It is not an upgrade for the "shinies" since my PC was built in 2014 with generation 4 intel i5 so it is for performance. I believe amd ryzen 400 comes out in September 2020.
    Okay, so performance.
    The current speculation puts AMD 4000 and new GPUs from Nvidia and AMD in September at the latest to coincide with Q3 ending so they can prop up their numbers a bit more. Though that is speculation, no official announcement has been made by either of them. I think they'll come in early June with Computex (or the online versions of it)

If you can live with the performance you get now, then wait. It's ~4 months away, which is granted a bit long, but you can also wait until early June to see what the announcements are and then make the decision to wait or buy what's on the market

I just wouldn't buy a PC right now unless something was broken.

If you want the most bang for your buck then going AMD with X570 or B550 chipset motherboard will probably be your best bet.

Intel Z390 / Z490 motherboards are also more expensive than X570 / B550.

AMD's top end Ryzen CPU's are only a few % behind Intel's CPU's in terms of gaming performance but are also significantly cheaper.

For example 9700K vs 3700x .. I believe in gaming there's less than a 10% difference between them.

But the 3700x from AMD is 21% cheaper than the i7 9700k and you get 8C 16T on the 3700x compared to 8C 8T on the 9700k

That 21% you save on the CPU could be injected into the GPU fund or get you faster ram.

AMD CPU's also shit on Intel CPU's in terms of multithreaded workloads like video editing etc.

Also I believe Intel hasn't released PCIE 4.0 capability yet but AMD gives it to X570 and B550 motherboard owners.
    Last edited by AntenoraDK; 2020-05-26 at 09:31 AM.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Clearly, the single biggest upgrade would be the video card. So for a little over 200 dollars, you can get a big improvement. I wouldn't however personally, put $1200 into a 6 year old computer. But, your money, spend it on what you want.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

Okay, so performance.
    The current speculation puts AMD 4000 and new GPUs from Nvidia and AMD in September at the latest to coincide with Q3 ending so they can prop up their numbers a bit more. Though that is speculation, no official announcement has been made by either of them. I think they'll come in early June with Computex (or the online versions of it)

If you can live with the performance you get now, then wait. It's ~4 months away, which is granted a bit long, but you can also wait until early June to see what the announcements are and then make the decision to wait or buy what's on the market

I just wouldn't buy a PC right now unless something was broken.

Yeah, I checked my local Best Buy store in Puerto Rico and they don't have the B450 boards or any of the X570 in stock nor can they order them from the states because there are none left there to send here.

I checked Amazon and the MSI b450 Mobo is back in stock on June 11. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07WF6ZQST...kCode=ogi&th=1

Also, what is the difference between the b450 tomahawk Max and the x470 gaming max? https://www.amazon.com/MSI-Performan...0623972&sr=8-2

Newegg is scalping them at around $260 for a board that costs $114 retail. https://www.newegg.com/msi-b450-toma...quicklink=true

Bestbuy has 0 in stock and can't tell me when they will be back in stock because, at least here in PR, they have no idea of when. https://www.bestbuy.com/site/msi-b45...?skuId=6382716

I can try eBay and "alt" websites for PC parts but if I just need to wait 20 days (until June 16) and see if the b5550 are on stock on Amazon/BB/Newegg then I will buy ASAP an MSI b550 board instead of a b450 via those top marketplaces.

So hopefully I will have a chance on June 16 to grab a b550 board and then buy the AMD ryzen 7 3700x and 2x8gb 3600mhz or maybe I should prepare and have the CPU and RAM with me parked at my house and if there are no b550 boards then I can default and buy the b450 or just keep waiting but having my CPU and RAM g2g ??

For example 9700K vs 3700x .. I believe in gaming there's less than a 10% difference between them.

But the 3700x from AMD is 21% cheaper than the i7 9700k and you get 8C 16T on the 3700x compared to 8C 8T on the 9700k

That 21% you save on the CPU could be injected into the GPU fund or get you faster ram.

AMD CPU's also shit on Intel CPU's in terms of multithreaded workloads like video editing etc.

Also, I believe Intel hasn't released PCI-E 4.0 capability yet but AMD gives it to X570 and B550 motherboard owners.
    @AntenoraDK
    yeah man AMD is shitting on Intel and I have always been an intel fanboi but I decided to try AMD and worst case, i change to intel in the future if AMD fails me, which odds are it has not failed a lot of people and I love BANG 4 BUCK! I respect them.

Clearly, the single biggest upgrade would be the video card. So for a little over 200 dollars, you can get a big improvement. I wouldn't however personally, put $1200 into a 6-year-old computer. But, your money, spend it on what you want.
    @Ghostpanther
    Yeah for now I will leave my MSI GTX 970 and wait until the 4000 GPUs come out in November 2020 I believe?

I maybe should wait for AMD 4000but I will wait for June 16 to see if I can grab a b550 board and if I can upgrade to AMD 4000 in the future because that new board will support it plug and play.

I do believe the b450 will accept AMD 4000 but you will need to manually update the bios and will not support plug and play which means you can brick the board? Now that I think about it, wouldn't I have the same chances of bricking my b550 if I just to a routine bios update when a new one comes out?

thanks in advance boys!
    Last edited by wachupita; 2020-05-28 at 12:06 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    I just upgraded from that CPU to 3600. My main reason was because I could visibly see it's aged performance after I bumped up to 2k resolution and GTX 1080. The CPU will still perform well at Ultra, but it struggles with much more modern games. Escape from Tarkov looked beautiful, but it was terrible to play with this CPU, frames could hover around 30-40 fps. That was the first time the CPU was the weak link in my system.

Also the strain on the CPU was tanking older games. My Fallout 4 would just crash if the load got too high graphically. I think when I started getting frame dips in games that are demanding on the CPU is when I was like okay, it's time to upgrade.

The 3600 is like night and day in comparison and for a litmus: I can have WoW classic open, standing in Org in high traffic hours, then also have Fallout 76 open, playing it with no lag. I imagine anything higher than 3600x can run multiple games simultaneously relatively smoothly.

Also, no PCiE 4.0 would've been a major turn off for me. I got an NVME PCIe 4.0 hard drive and it's performance is blowing me away. Don't sleep on NVME, trust me. The time will come when you will contemplate buying one.

Another thing about FPS: running games at 144 all the time strains your CPU. You will have menus and loading screens running at 144 for no reason and parts running excessively hot for no reason. I just hope you have the cooling to back that up.
    Last edited by msdos; 2020-05-28 at 12:36 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Also, what is the difference between the b450 tomahawk Max and the x470 gaming max?
    Different chipset, VRMs, and features. If the x470 gaming max has the features you want then go nuts.

So hopefully I will have a chance on June 16 to grab a b550 board and then buy the AMD ryzen 7 3700x and 2x8gb 3600mhz or maybe I should prepare and have the CPU and RAM with me parked at my house and if there are no b550 boards then I can default and buy the b450 or just keep waiting but having my CPU and RAM g2g ??
    I'd really suggest not buying things too far in advance. Price fluctuations can go either way, but if you have a DOA part and can't test it for a month or two, well, you're shit out of luck

I do believe the b450 will accept AMD 4000 but you will need to manually update the bios and will not support plug and play which means you can brick the board? Now that I think about it, wouldn't I have the same chances of bricking my b550 if I just to a routine bios update when a new one comes out?
    You will need to update the BIOS on both B450 and B550 indeed, but the chance of bricking them is miniscule. As long as the power doesn't cut out while you're updating the BIOS and you downloaded it from the correct place, you should be fine with no issues.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by msdos View Post
    Also, no PCiE 4.0 would've been a major turn off for me. I got an NVME PCIe 4.0 hard drive and it's performance is blowing me away. Don't sleep on NVME, trust me. The time will come when you will contemplate buying one.
    Placebo.

Unless you're moving around super large singular files, you're not noticing the difference over a Gen3, or even a SATA SSD. Gaming especially is controller bottlenecked, not NAND bottlenecked, so you won't see any difference. https://youtu.be/4DKLA7w9eeA

But let's just, magically assume that PCIe gen4 NVMe SSD's can get all their 5GB/s performance in gaming.. Do you realize how much is actually being streamed from the SSD to RAM? It's not a lot. Outside of first-time loads which load maybe a gigabyte or two, you're limited by the textures which quickly diminish in quality as you go away from the player character because otherwise you'd kill the GPU. It does *not* matter, even remotely for gaming.

And as for my personal experience going from SATA3 to NVMe gen 3? No difference. Boots maybe a second or two faster, game loading is the same. I do notice a difference in moving files though, because that's part of what I do for a living, but unless you're moving several gigabyte large files on the regular, you won't.

B450 Ryzen 4000 support is going to be via select beta BIOS updates iirc.

Hey Temp,
    Realized b550 boards ill ship in July, just announced on June 16. I thought I would have been able to buy them on June 16. I decided to either go with the b450 or X570 because I want to maximize my playtime during the lockdown lol and have a ton of free time to PC build/tinker.

I want to get your thoughts on a few things please:

On ebay the msi b450 is going for $200 NEW (scalped +$85 from MSRP https://www.ebay.com/itm/Brand-New-S...e0Fc6&LH_BIN=1

And the msi x570 NEW for $230 https://www.ebay.com/itm/MSI-X570-A-...ezX4G&LH_BIN=1

At first I thought of buying the msi tomahawk b450 but for $30 more (in this case) would it be better to go for the MSI x570 which will be more future proof an more like the b550 with PCIe 4 etc? I read that the X570 might overheat however, I have heard a lot of good things of the b450 tomahawk max especially its bang for buck.

and after all, will the msi b450 tomahawk max support AMD 400 series? I read here https://www.gamersnexus.net/guides/3...450-x470-zen-3 that it won't but you said that they will be able to run new amd 400 with a BIOS update (which is what I also believed) .

So I guess the most effective thing to do is wait until July for the b550 boards or even September for the AMD 4000 CPU but I want to upgrade soon. last year I wanted to upgrade to current amd 300 and board but I said, I will wait a little bit. I feel like I will never get it done lol so I will pull the trigger.

Any motherboard you recommend apart from the MSI b450 tomahawk max which I think is BIS? (best in slot wow reference but you probably got it)

last thing (for now haha and I appreciate your help dude) is will I be okay with plug and play 3600mhz RAM on the tomahawk max? It doesn't "support" 3600 speeds but it supports faster. Will my PC still be able to turn on when I first plug everything or will the CPU not be able to read the RAM because it is 3600mhz?
    RAM: https://www.amazon.com/Corsair-Venge...tronics&sr=1-2

PS: even though I will be streaming and running Spotify, Discord, Chrome tabs whoring etc I will be good with 16gb ram or should I go big dick and go for 32gb from the start?

PS2: going with AMD ryzen 7 3700x vs the 53600 because of the 8 cores although it is $100 price increase. Worth it??

PS3: just occured to me, the 3600 (non X) is just $170 on Amazon. I can buy it now and then upgrade to the new AMD 400 cpus when they release in September and THEN go for their new 8 core instead of the one now which will in theory work on my b450 msi tomahwk max? What do you think about that idea?

Thanks!!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by msdos View Post
    I just upgraded from that CPU to 3600. My main reason was because I could visibly see it's aged performance after I bumped up to 2k resolution and GTX 1080. The CPU will still perform well at Ultra, but it struggles with much more modern games. Escape from Tarkov looked beautiful, but it was terrible to play with this CPU, frames could hover around 30-40 fps. That was the first time the CPU was the weak link in my system.

Also the strain on the CPU was tanking older games. My Fallout 4 would just crash if the load got too high graphically. I think when I started getting frame dips in games that are demanding on the CPU is when I was like okay, it's time to upgrade.

The 3600 is like night and day in comparison and for a litmus: I can have WoW classic open, standing in Org in high traffic hours, then also have Fallout 76 open, playing it with no lag. I imagine anything higher than 3600x can run multiple games simultaneously relatively smoothly.

Another thing about FPS: running games at 144 all the time strains your CPU. You will have menus and loading screens running at 144 for no reason and parts running excessively hot for no reason. I just hope you have the cooling to back that up.
    Just out of curiosity what motherboard you had? I assume it was the same one between the 7 and 5 but that is weird that having 2 cores less would give you less performance. Is this a mainstream thing or you had bad luck? All things the same, same ram etc the cheaper amd5 was better on games than the 7 3700X? Also did you consider buying the 3600X or went straight to the 3600?
    Last edited by wachupita; 2020-05-29 at 02:50 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not going to quote you because that's a big post, but..
    As for MOBOs: Neither of those are good deals. The tomahawk is a good deal because it's so cheap. At 200 dollars it's a non-starter. The -a pro is just a bad board.
    As for other options, the ASUS x570 TUF Wifi and the X570 Aorus Elite are both good boards, and I see them both in stock on amazon for 200 dollars + shipping. If you can find it, the X570 Tomahawk is a better deal for 200 dollars, but I can't find it with a quick search, so probably not in stock.

As for PCIe 3 v PCIe 4, it doesn't matter. At all. Unless you're an enterprise.

B450 supporting AMD 4000: AMD originally said they wouldn't support the 4000 series in B450/X470 because of ROM size issues, but due to backlash they walked it back and will find a way to make it work. GN doesn't seem to have made an article on it, but I believe it's this video: https://youtu.be/T5X-8vZtml8

As for the RAM: As long as you're below the highest speed on their website you're generally fine, especially if you're below 4000 speed where memory layouts actually start mattering.
    32gb is most likely going to be pointless for you. I have 32gb for work, and when gaming I never exceed ~12 with Discord, my game, and a ton of firefox tabs open.

3700x v 3600: If you're just gaming? No. It's ~5% performance delta at the top end. Not really worth it.

Buying a 3600 now and then upgrading to a 4700x? Yeah, if you have the money for it, and are up for updating the bios on your board, go nuts. But in that case I'd probably go with a 3300x instead of the 3600, just to save a bit more money At least if you can find them at MSRP which is ~100 dollars.

@tempname

Thanks bro! Ok I found the Asus x570 on Newegg for $190 in stock (I can't believe my eyes haha) and the Gigabyte also.

Asus x570 wifi: https://www.newegg.com/asus-tuf-gami...82E16813119197
    Asus x570 plus (non wifi): not available on newegg

Gigabyte x570 $200 https://www.newegg.com/gigabyte-x570...82E16813145160

Gigabyte x570 elite wifi: $210 https://www.newegg.com/gigabyte-x570...82E16813145165

If you had to pick now, which one would you favor between asus and gigabyte? If that is the Case it's way more effective to spend 200 on these types of x570 board than a b450. Good idea and ty for sharing, I thought X570 would be even higher than 200.

Going to check the AMD 3300x but for now going with the amd 5 3600 and see if I need more pump then I will upgrade when the new amd comes out, if not I'll buy a better fan than stock and OC the shit outta it if need be. if it dies then I buy the new gen.

Also, the x570 boards support amd gen 4 in the future but will still need a bios update as you mentioned? thanks!

I'm so exicted I think I can buy all the pieces tonight. Currently 2:18am hehe

10+ Year Old Account
    @tempname

Thanks bro! Ok I found the Asus x570 on Newegg for $190 in stock (I can't believe my eyes haha) and the Gigabyte also.

Asus x570 wifi: https://www.newegg.com/asus-tuf-gami...82E16813119197
    Asus x570 plus (non wifi): not available on newegg

Gigabyte x570 $200 https://www.newegg.com/gigabyte-x570...82E16813145160

Gigabyte x570 elite wifi: $210 https://www.newegg.com/gigabyte-x570...82E16813145165

If you had to pick now, which one would you favor between asus and gigabyte? If that is the Case it's way more effective to spend 200 on these types of x570 board than a b450. Good idea and ty for sharing, I thought X570 would be even higher than 200.

Going to check the AMD 3300x but for now going with the amd 5 3600 and see if I need more pump then I will upgrade when the new amd comes out, if not I'll buy a better fan than stock and OC the shit outta it if need be. if it dies then I buy the new gen.

Also, the x570 boards support amd gen 4 in the future but will still need a bios update as you mentioned? thanks!

I'm so exicted I think I can buy all the pieces tonight. Currently 2:18am hehe
    If you need wifi I'd get the Asus, if not I'd get the Gigabyte.
    Just personal experience, but the networking chip on the ASUS is Realtek, which I've had problems with beforehand, whereas the Gigabyte has an Intel networking chip, which I've not had issues with.

Both will definitely get a BIOS to support AMD 4000 as well, but you'll need to flash before upgrading your chip, unlike with something like the B450 Tomahawk, which supports flashing without a CPU installed.

If you need wifi I'd get the Asus, if not I'd get the Gigabyte.
    Just personal experience, but the networking chip on the ASUS is Realtek, which I've had problems with beforehand, whereas the Gigabyte has an Intel networking chip, which I've not had issues with.

Both will definitely get a BIOS to support AMD 4000 as well, but you'll need to flash before upgrading your chip, unlike with something like the B450 Tomahawk, which supports flashing without a CPU installed.
    Got it. Thanks, I don't need the Wifi but for $10 bucks on the Gigabyte, I prefer to have it just in case I need to mobile hotspot my PC to my phone.

I was searching for the MSI X570 Tomahawk on Newegg and couldn't find that model. All I could find was MSI X570 Gaming Plus, X570 Edge, and the trash X570A but not a Tomahawk version. Maybe they are rare? on Amazon the same thing, I can't find them either https://www.amazon.com/s?k=msi+X570+...f=nb_sb_noss_2.
    https://www.newegg.com/p/pl?d=msi+X570

Also, accourding to this website, https://www.techspot.com/review/2020-msi-x570-tomahawk/ the Gigabyte x570 runs cooler than the Asus tuf x570 at 57/63 degrees while the asus tests at 68/73 degrees.

This data was with a amd ryzen 9 and the non wifi gigabyte version (although I doubt it will fluctuate that much haveing the wifi on the board right? hehe)

I kept reading and the next test was testing the CPU, I guess first test vas VRAM on the mobo?
    On the second test the Asus runs cooler at 73/78 while the gigabyte ran at 81/87 degrees

If that is so I prefer a cooler running board because here in Puerto Rico the head especially in summer really sucks ass. I think I am pulling the trigger and going for the gigabyte x570 wifi for $210. Let me know if there are other variables/ factors I forgot to see.

PS: I read these boards have an 8 pin CPU connector so I need to check my PSU. its a thermaltake 750W but I have no idea if I have the 8 pin, I need to check rig.

Thanks Temp!
    Last edited by wachupita; 2020-05-29 at 07:54 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Got it. Thanks, I don't need the Wifi but for $10 bucks on the Gigabyte, I prefer to have it just in case I need to mobile hotspot my PC to my phone.

I was searching for the MSI X570 Tomahawk on Newegg and couldn't find that model. All I could find was MSI X570 Gaming Plus, X570 Edge, and the trash X570A but not a Tomahawk version. Maybe they are rare? on Amazon the same thing, I can't find them either https://www.amazon.com/s?k=msi+X570+...f=nb_sb_noss_2.
    https://www.newegg.com/p/pl?d=msi+X570

Also, accourding to this website, https://www.techspot.com/review/2020-msi-x570-tomahawk/ the Gigabyte x570 runs cooler than the Asus tuf x570 at 57/63 degrees while the asus tests at 68/73 degrees.

This data was with a amd ryzen 9 and the non wifi gigabyte version (although I doubt it will fluctuate that much haveing the wifi on the board right? hehe)

If thatis so I prefer a cooler running board because here in Puerto Rico the head especially in summer really sucks ass. I think I am pulling the trigger and going for the gigabyte x570 wifi for $210. Let me know if there are other variables/ factors I forgot to see.

PS: I read these boards have an 8 pin CPU connector so I need to check my PSU. its a thermaltake 750W but I have no idea if I have the 8 pin, I need to check rig.

Thanks Temp!
    I'd be surprised if a 750w PSU doesn't have the 8pin. It probably has 2.

As for the boards: 63/73 degrees is way under spec for a VRM. Not saying it's a good idea, but they can handle 100+. I'm not familiar with Techspots testing methodology, but pointing a fan or 2 at the VRMs will bring temps way, way down.

And as for the x570 tomahawk, I'm not even entirely sure it's launched yet.