Poll: What do you think?

Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    "since you dont have 12/12 mythic and hall of fame you shouldnt even be allowed to speak about it"

see how it works ?

there is always someone higer up the "food chain" .

always
    Exactly!

And how did they get there?

Drumroll... By being better at the game.

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    "since you dont have 12/12 mythic and hall of fame you shouldnt even be allowed to speak about it"

see how it works ?

there is always someone higer up the "food chain" .

always
    But that's okay right? As long as you're not a jerk about it

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by T-34 View Post
    Exactly!

And how did they get there?

Drumroll... By being better at the game.
    Exactly. It seems pretty natural. Nothing wrong with that.

this is an insanely well disguised "look at me being pro" thread. I applaud you OP, at least an original version of one

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Clearing content is clearing content. A mythic+ with big pulls is still the content being done
    But it's not about "being done" for me. It's about having fun. And even though I have fun with a 2k player, I on average have more fun with a 3k player. The game is about beating the content but also have the most fun while doing it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by 8bithamster View Post
    this is an insanely well disguised "look at me being pro" thread. I applaud you OP, at least an original version of one
    But I'm clearly not a pro. I'm just an 11/12 pleb. But this pleb prefer playing with equals. I find the game most fun that way
    Last edited by Kaver; 2020-05-29 at 07:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    Hi everyone. I hope you're all having a nice spring day.

I play WoW. I'm a 11/12 mythic raider and I have a 3k rio score.

I prefer to play with people who got approximately the same experience with current content as myself.

Therefore I use systems like Raider.io, Wowprogress, Warcraftlog etc. to see how much experience people have with current content to compare it to my own.

Do you think that makes me an elitist or do you think it's a fair preference?

Edit: Also, is being an elitist a bad thing?
    Does not make you an elitist, not in my eyes anyway. To me, an elitist, is someone who's good and acts like a jerk. Flaming people while upholding how good they, themself are. Not seeing and understanding the level of other people, assuming that their own level is per default standard and anything worse or anyone playing with another focus/another way is just trash.

A question to you: do you play with people of lower scores/experience, why, why not? And do you have a lower limit?
    Well met!
    Quote Originally Posted by Iem View Post
    Man even if Blizzard gave players bars of gold, they would complain that they were too heavy.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephire View Post
    A question to you: do you play with people of lower scores/experience, why, why not? And do you have a lower limit?
    Yes I absolutely do. No I do not have a lower limit.

The reason why I prefer more experienced players are simply based on my own fun. But that doesn't mean that I don't run with less experienced players because I definitely often do. Especially if it's guildies or friends. But if it's strangers that I have absolutely no bond with I prefer them to be "on my level". I don't think it's very fun to play with people who are much better than me either because then I just feel like an anchor. I wouldn't like to be put in a group full of method and limit raiders

I think the game works better when good players bring some people with less experience to their group, but being elitist is a perfectly fine way to play the game too. You dont own random players anything.
    "And all those exclamation marks, you notice? Five?
    A sure sign of someone who wears his underpants on his head."

Yes I absolutely do. No I do not have a lower limit.

The reason why I prefer more experienced players are simply based on my own fun. But that doesn't mean that I don't run with less experienced players because I definitely often do. Especially if it's guildies or friends. But if it's strangers that I have absolutely no bond with I prefer them to be "on my level". I don't think it's very fun to play with people who are much better than me either because then I just feel like an anchor. I wouldn't like to be put in a group full of method and limit raiders
    Hm, I'd love to be in a group full of MDI representatives. Would learn so many things I'd be okay being an anchor Hate being an anchor normaly though and agree with what you say. There's a twist to this though. If you really want to finnish a key, I've found it's more likely people of lower score will stick around if you're about to fail the timer or have some screwups. So depending on my goal I sometimes just get some lower score people who're happy to join and do the key rather then high scored people who just want it done in time, being less greatful.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellobolis View Post
    yes it is elitist if you insist on requirements obviously higher then required for a smooth run. you are saying a 2k io person isn't good enough for you, even though objectively they obviously are capable of a smooth +15.

it's one of the most textbook examples of elitism you can realistically run into.
    I disagree. A +15 can be done by a lot of people, be it 900 or 4000 rio. That's not the point. The point is that it's more likely that the higher the persons score, the faster run which might mean more loot and more room for fuckups because you have a lot of extra time.

Asking for 470 people to a normal Ny'alotha isn't elitist. You just want a really quick run and that's the way you want it to be played. Usually people want as smooth run as possible and the higher ilvl, the higher rio score or the higher experience makes it more likely. It's not guaranteed but it's a higher chance for it to happen.

Which run has the most likely success chance withing a time limit in Ny'alotha Heroic?
    - A raid group with average ilvl of 435
    - A raid group with average ilvl of 470

That would be the 470 group.

Which group can complete the run?

That would be both.

It's all about limiting fraction for a faster and more efficient run. Nothing elitist about that.

I have no problem inviting people with about 10-20 lower ilvl than what is recommended for the raid. Those raids are usually not super smooth and takes a lot of time but I kind of enjoy guiding inexperienced people to improvement so that's fine. If I'm in that mood.

If I want to just get it done I make or join a 470 "blast run".
    Well met!
    Quote Originally Posted by Iem View Post
    Man even if Blizzard gave players bars of gold, they would complain that they were too heavy.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonnusthegreat View Post
    It is racism. That's what it means - but it's something that you may or may not be able to control, so it's widely acceptable. Your sexual preference is also typically sexist. You are attracted to one sex over another. You are not interested in people because of their sex. Sexism. But it's OK. It's literally in the definition of these terms.

But this really isn't relevant to this discussion at all and shouldn't have been brought up.
    ok sure,i guess im also a homophobe cause i dont like men ,thanks,i learned how much of a disgusting and hateful person I am thanks to you ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by Imurbandaid View Post
    Wrong. Yall just like throwing that word around for everything. If he insists on a 3k io for a +15 he isn't an elitist, he just wants his run how he wants his run and if he is willing to wait for 5 people for a 3k IO +15 that's his completely non-elitist preference.
    agreed. Waiting for 4 other people with 3k for a +15 might consume more time than it actually saves for all of them. It's better now with echoes being a thing, people join those more.
    Elitism in my book would be to join a regular +15 and talk shit to people who are not accustomed to that +20 level of playstyle/does not do expected output. I.E. joining a +15 where tank is at 1.8k and only pulls max 5 mobs at a time and start talking shit on him, instead of telling him that you have cd's ready and if he could pull more every 2-3mins. These kind of players kinda can devolve even more and expect to be treated like a king because they have that sweet rio score.
    Also there are people who are are too bad to realize they are bad and those are the worst. They will blame everyone and everything for their failures thinking that it's not their fault and other drag the down. It's like silver players in LoL

Hm, I'd love to be in a group full of MDI representatives. Would learn so many things I'd be okay being an anchor Hate being an anchor normaly though and agree with what you say.
    If the basis of the group was for me to learn things and the other members were in on that then I would also be perfectly fine with it. Like you, I would love to learn from MDI players. But if they would expect me to perform on their level from the start then I would hate to be in a group of MDI players :P
    Last edited by Kaver; 2020-05-29 at 08:25 AM.

If you really want to finnish a key, I've found it's more likely people of lower score will stick around if you're about to fail the timer or have some screwups.
    This happens a lot because people don't do that dungeon for loot. Tho there are some "etiquette" things, like not leaving after failing near the finish (if grp has throughput to kill the last boss ofc). A lot of my push keys end up to mid dungeon and we just try -1

Quote Originally Posted by erifwodahs View Post
    Tho there are some "etiquette" things, like not leaving after failing near the finish (if grp has throughput to kill the last boss ofc).
    I left a group on the last boss of Workshop once. Our healer kept dying on that boss and after 5-6 tries with no sign of improvement I politely told the group that we should move on. Some agreed and no one really needed the loot anyway.

I left a group on the last boss of Workshop once. Our healer kept dying on that boss and after 5-6 tries with no sign of improvement I politely told the group that we should move on. Some agreed and no one really needed the loot anyway.
    that's why I had brackets. If boss just does not fall it's likely not worth wasting 20 minutes for that. I mean difference is in low rio where people might still need gear, but when the aim is to push and not the loot... well no real point in waste time

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    Exactly.

Ahaha, I love it!

It's how I picture the pug requirements to be the first days of a raid launch. Because there are quite a lot of leaders that want you to have cleared it within 12 hours on day one or you won't get invited.
    Last edited by Doffen; 2020-05-29 at 09:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    Ahaha, I love it!

It's how I picture the pug requirements to be the first days of a raid launch. Because there are quite a lot of leaders that want you to have cleared it within 12 hours on day one or you won't get invited.
    The guy with the cap can make his own group

Or join a group of players in the same situation as him.
    Last edited by Kaver; 2020-05-29 at 09:27 AM.

You do not deserve to be in a farm group if you don't have the experience.

I just don't get why anyone can be against people preferring a raid on farm. You don't belong in this group if you don't have some proof that you have cleared it, preferably a bunch of times.
    If you can't get in these raids, you can go to the other pug groups and try get into that, or get a guild, or join a discord community that raids.

I have always enjoyed carrying players in my m+ runs with my friend. It makes you approach the game differently because you do not rely on everyone to play flawless, you have to make up for it, be prepared for any failure and already expect mechanic "Y" to fail and help out. I have even made groups that are purposely weak just to see how much I can truly carry, to see my limit. People that complain about carries should actually try it before proclaiming that they don't want to carry a "baddie". Maybe you guys can't even carry anyone, even if you tried and that's why you don't want to. Being a carry means you can 100% finish the run, so at worst a run takes like 10-15 minutes longer. If you fail a run and you leave and rant that you don't want to carry the group... you can't carry shit haha.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hi everyone. I hope you're all having a nice spring day.

I play WoW. I'm a 11/12 mythic raider and I have a 3k rio score.

I prefer to play with people who got approximately the same experience with current content as myself.

Therefore I use systems like Raider.io, Wowprogress, Warcraftlog etc. to see how much experience people have with current content to compare it to my own.

Do you think that makes me an elitist or do you think it's a fair preference?

Edit: Also, is being an elitist a bad thing?
    It's fair as long as you don't try to shit talk People without your level of experience or go into lower tier content and act like an Ass. I only Raid with People I know, that I am aware of their skill. but I don't care what content People like to do that is different.

The guy with the cap can make his own group

Or join a group of players in the same situation as him.
    Hehe, yeah, that he can!