Page 1 of 2
LastLast

New customization for the Allied races

Now that the factions visual distinctions regarding races have been even more diluted, due to the Blood Elves-Void Elves stuff, and as one of the allied races seems to be going to get customizations at the very begining of Shadowlands, where does this leave all the other Allied Races? Will their customization get pushed back? That wouldn't be fair at all, would it?

Regarding the new customization coming to them, could it be possible for the Allied races to get the same treatment that the Void Elves are getting and inherit some of the customization that the older races are getting? Some examples: the scars, tattoos and probably jewelry that the Orcs and DS Trolls are getting couldn't be also given to the Mag'har and the Zandalari? I could perfectly picture a Bwonsamdi Zandalari follower with the bones tattoos, for example. Blizzard just opened Pandora's box regarding customization. Discuss!

What I'd like to see:

- Faces more similar to the Suramar NPCs for Nightborne (this is a big one); perhaps Night Elves should share those facial features as well to represent Highbrne.
    - More mixing and matching for Mechagnomes; allow them to customize their limbs separately or throw in an option with one normal limb and one mechanical, or a head upgrade that only covers half the face. Also, give them some skin options that show partial upgrades on the torso.
    - More skin variations for the Mag'har clans; currently there are only 1-3 variations for each clan.
    - Kazzakus tusks (and other fancy tusk cuts) for Zandalari:

Not Allied race customizations but tangentially relevant:

- Give regular Humans a "Kingdom" option; this allows them to customize their voice and emotes. Stormwind, Gilneas and Kul'tiras are obvious options, but they could add more if they wanted to, such as Alterac, Lordaeron, Dalaran, Westanderer, etc. Also, allow regular humans to use the Gilnean and Kul'tiran heritage sets (even though one would still need to level a character of that race to unlock them).
    - Allow regular Draenei to be rogues and give them two or three Broken face options. These faces limit their skin and horns options and automatically replace their tail with the standard Broken tendrils (we've seen on Argus that there can be Broken with hooves, so those can stay).

Quote Originally Posted by Lorca View Post
    Now that the factions visual distinctions regarding races have been even more diluted, due to the Blood Elves-Void Elves stuff, and as one of the allied races seems to be going to get customizations at the very begining of Shadowlands, where does this leave all the other Allied Races? Will their customization get pushed back? That wouldn't be fair at all, would it?
    I think we will see new textures (skins, eye and hair colors) in 9.0 for the allied races, as well as inherited geosets from parent races (like the ear length setting from blood to void elves).

Since allied races will be worked last, I don't think we will see faces, hair styles, jewelry and such in 9.0, but it will probably come during the patches.

Anyway, I'd like to see:

Void Elf
    - Alleria-like tattoos, with options in blue, violet and red.
    - Option to choose between tendrils and braids in their hair
    - New hair colors: silver-blue, dark red, bege, black, white

Nightborne
    - Eyes colors: Standard, vivid purple, light blue, dark blue
    - New skin colors: "black" (very dark grey), "white" (very light grey)
    - Faces: Copy/paste the best faces, but change eyes to be more like the NPC's.
    - More hair colors: light blue, dark blue
    - More hair styles, including options with flowing arcane energy
    - Jewelry: Double the current options, with the second set having the chin plate enabled. Treat the chin plate as a beard for purpose of hiding it under armor.
    - Jewelry Color: Silver, gold, bronze. This setting changes the jewelry, chin plate and some hair styles' ornaments.
    - More tattoo patterns.
    - Fixes to Heritage armor: Give us a second skirtless version of the chest. Remove chin plate from armor (it's now a customization option). Add an alternate hand slot that is gloveless but cover the hands with arcane energy (like some NPCs have). Enable the gold/red version of the armor.

Mag'har Orc:
    - Untie tatoos from skin color
    - Add more tattoos, like a skull tattoo on face
    - New skin colors: White (Shattered hand), white-blue (Like Pale orcs)
    - Eye colors: Standard yellow, Blackrock burning orange, Shattered Hand red, Pale blue

Zandalari:
    - Eye colors: Standard glowing blue, glowing yellow, glowing white, normal eye with pupil options (brown, black, blue, grey, yellow and others)
    - More skin colors: forest green, sandy bege, frost blue
    - More hair colors
    - More tattoo patterns

Lightforged draenei:
    - New skin colors: Light bronze (bege), light copper (reddish), light gold (yellow)
    - More hair colors: Black, dark gold, light red
    - More tattoo patterns, including some that mark the face
    - Select color of tattoos/rune: gold, silver, purple, orange
    - Enable the alternative colors of the heritage armor.

That'd what I have for now.
    Last edited by DeicideUH; 2020-05-29 at 03:41 AM.
    Whatever...

7+ Year Old Account
    apperently only elves will get more customization, for allied races, the other will have to wait for a long time and get the end of the stick

Expect by example, tons of customization for nightborne and shit for taurens

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    apperently only elves will get more customization, for allied races, the other will have to wait for a long time and get the end of the stick

Expect by example, tons of customization for nightborne and shit for taurens
    It will turn out well for them. Nightborne got shit while Mag'har got much more effort.

- - - Updated - - -

Can nightborne get golden eyes?
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

Fix nightborne model, make it like Suramar NPCs. Add more customization options to nb. others are ok compare to nb

inb4 Vulpera can become neon rainbow foxes.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

10+ Year Old Account

Regarding the new customization coming to them, could it be possible for the Allied races to get the same treatment that the Void Elves are getting and inherit some of the customization that the older races are getting? Some examples: the scars, tattoos and probably jewelry that the Orcs and DS Trolls are getting couldn't be also given to the Mag'har and the Zandalari? I could perfectly picture a Bwonsamdi Zandalari follower with the bones tattoos, for example. Blizzard just opened Pandora's box regarding customization. Discuss!
    Blizz has said for a while that allied races wouldn't get customization at the start of SL, the focus is on the original races.

Void elves seem to be an exception, but that is almost certainly because someone at Blizz figured out that blue eyes for both + fair skin colors for velfs pretty much solves the High elf debate once and for all. Now either side can make what is effectively a high elf, especially people that get into the roleplaying aspect.

I don't RP, but I am absolutely going to make my void elf warrior look like a high elf.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kingarthas View Post
    Fix nightborne model, make it like Suramar NPCs. Add more customization options to nb. others are ok compare to nb
    While I wouldn't agree that the others are 'ok' compared to them (LFD in particular have painfully limited customization), I absolutely agree that they need to give us a proper squinting-eyed Nightborne face. The version we have now is awful IMO.
    Last edited by Mirishka; 2020-05-29 at 06:05 AM.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

The need for unique visual identities for the factions stopped mattering with Pandaren 8 years ago.

High Elf for Void Elf is an outlier and an exception, I think. It's been the most fan-requested customization feature for over a decade.
    Last edited by shoc; 2020-05-29 at 06:12 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shoc View Post
    The need for unique visual identities for the factions stopped mattering with Pandaren 8 years ago.
    Blizz disagrees and has said that they won't do another neutral race for that very reason (even if this void elf update arguably backpedals on that a bit).
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by matrix123mko View Post
    It will turn out well for them. Nightborne got shit while Mag'har got much more effort.
    are you joking? they barely have effort at all, they got the colors from wod, even excluded the shattered hadn white skin and shoved some lame beards and hairstyles, i think just a few hairstyles are even passable.
    Last edited by Syegfryed; 2020-05-29 at 06:27 AM.

Regarding the new customization coming to them, could it be possible for the Allied races to get the same treatment that the Void Elves are getting and inherwit some of the customization that the older races are getting? Some examples: the scars, tattoos and probably jewelry that the Orcs and DS Trolls are getting couldn't be also given to the Mag'har and the Zandalari? I could perfectly picture a Bwonsamdi Zandalari follower with the bones tattoos, for example. Blizzard just opened Pandora's box regarding customization. Discuss!
    .who knows good question tho.

Tbh I expect only the cross faction races I.e. void elf and nightborne to be affected this way, afterall, void elves arent getting specific improve,ents, they are just sharing more blood elf assets and vice versa

Their specific detailing will come later.

I suspect nightborne will share some night elf assets too, getting hopefully night elf body size option, night elf skin and hair colours apart from green.

Meanwhile i suspect night elves will get the nightborne body size option but keeping their own ears, with nightborne arcane tattoos, largely serving as a highborne customisation.

I expect this to pave way to replacing on body size restrictions with human and troll and forsaken options coming first in the near future.

Night elf-people is easy now because the model is there, a thinner night elf model already exists and is playable via the nightborne so that's just a matter of swaps.

A bigger human model is available as playable via the kul titans who can also the normal human model size. It is possible le forsaken can be given a normal human size body option, but they may just choose to make their model upright instead and give humans a thin model with it.

However troll bigger models seen in Amani and drakkari are in game but not playable atm, so that might take some work also blood elves have a thinner male model used in TBC beta that could be brought up, however it is an old model and would need the treatment models got in 6.0

I dont think every race will get. Orcs sort of got the first body adjustment with an upright model, I dont think gnomes, dwarves, worgen, tauren, draenei would get. When I think about it, its only worth doing for the most played races and where it makes sense in game/lore.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    Blizz has said for a while that allied races wouldn't get customization at the start of SL, the focus is on the original races.

Void elves seem to be an exception, but that is almost certainly because someone at Blizz figured out that blue eyes for both + fair skin colors for velfs pretty much solves the High elf debate once and for all. Now either side can make what is effectively a high elf, especially people that get into the roleplaying aspect.

I don't RP, but I am absolutely going to make my void elf warrior look like a high elf.

- - - Updated - - -

While I wouldn't agree that the others are 'ok' compared to them (LFD in particular have painfully limited customization), I absolutely agree that they need to give us a proper squinting-eyed Nightborne face. The version we have now is awful IMO.
    Good luck. There is no indication, that void elves get any of the hair options from bloodelves.
    That would mean that Void elves actually have MORE options than blood elves in the end. I don't think that would sit well with the hord community.

Quote Originally Posted by kingarthas View Post
    This.

Never got why they are so ugly (especially males) compared to Suramar NPCs.

3+ Year Old Account

I 100% agree with you. Bwonsamdi worship is quite a big thing among the Darkspear/Zandalari, and we should get customization to reflect that. Hell, we could even having glowing tattoos like he has! Blizzard has shown they're able to do this with Demon hunter tattoos, so why not?

The current Alpha texture for some of the new troll options seem to fit very well over a Zandalari skin. If you have wow.export and you download the pngs and put them on top of a Zandalari skin texture in another program like GIMP or Photoshop, you can see it. I can post pictures of an 'edit' I made if anyone would like to see

Oh and another thing we need? Allied Race Death Knight customization! I was very surprised they didn't do anything for them, and will they still not have any DK options in Shadowlands?
    Last edited by LemonDemonGirl; 2020-05-29 at 07:00 AM.
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    are you joking? they barely have effort at all, they got the colors from wod, even excluded the shattered hadn white skin and shoved some lame beards and hairstyles, i think just a few hairstyles are even passable.
    Yeah, Mag'har beards and hairstyles are just copy pasted from Dwarves and Tauren. It's kind of half assed like that. Some options really don't fit.

Besides do people honestly believe every race gets equal treatment? Not even Heritage armor have been released for all races yet so don't expect much. Maybe some races are neglected all together.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by VinceVega View Post
    Good luck. There is no indication, that void elves get any of the hair options from bloodelves.
    That would mean that Void elves actually have MORE options than blood elves in the end. I don't think that would sit well with the hord community.
    Err... I didn't say anything about hair? I said "blue eyes for both + fair skin colors for velfs" solves the debate because it largely does. Yeah, no hair, but hey - its a compromise on their part that brings both sides closer to High elves than we've ever been. I'm a fan of compromises, so I'm not going to throw a fit about the lack of belf hair for velfs.

Hence my not mentioning hair in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    Err... I didn't say anything about hair? I said "blue eyes for both + fair skin colors for velfs" solves the debate because it largely does. Yeah, no hair, but hey - its a compromise on their part that brings both sides closer to High elves than we've ever been. I'm a fan of compromises, so I'm not going to throw a fit about the lack of belf hair for velfs.

Hence my not mentioning hair in the first place.
    I was just commenting on the "void elf warrior like high elf". If the hairs don't come the char will still look like a void elf and not really like a high elf. Which i think is fine tbh^^
    Did not mean to attack or anything

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by VinceVega View Post
    I was just commenting on the "void elf warrior like high elf". If the hairs don't come the char will still look like a void elf and not really like a high elf. Which i think is fine tbh^^
    Did not mean to attack or anything
    No worries, I didn't take it as such - just wanted to clarify that I don't mind being limited to the void elf hair styles. I've wanted high elves since BC (to this day I remember noticing them for the first time) and I figure these new updates are as close as we're going to get.

Mohawks for Worgen its all we need. Period.