I must say, the passive aggressive seething that has come out of this whole elf business is great. When elf players are unhappy, I am happy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Someone I don't like
    Something I perceive as stupid or overly emotional.
    A quote that justifies my ideology, or attributes my opposition's position to ignorance or selfishness. - Some Nobody

Quote Originally Posted by Lorca View Post
    Still more options than the rest of the Allied races so far. Why the special treatment? Clearly because of the never ending moaning about them.

Edit: And they are kinda unique, as they are getting the options that where essential for another race (of the opposite faction), something that had never happened before in this game, as far as I know.
    I would say it is more that Belves in general have gotten more customization opotions than every other race, except maybe Humans.
    You would expect that a few of these options bleed over to Velves, same as with all the other ARs directly based on a core race.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I wonder what options some allied races could get. Zandalari for instance
    Some wilder haircuts, probpably. However, I would love more golden stuff too. Also, tattoos on faces, please.
    Last edited by matrix123mko; 2020-05-29 at 11:33 AM.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    they even said allied races were not going to get customization right now, they would focus on the main races first, but the elf playerbase is the worst, and of course blizzard will pamper then
    It's also exceedingly trivial to do, since both lore- and modelwise they're the same race.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    It's also exceedingly trivial to do, since both lore- and modelwise they're the same race.
    And not only that, but some of those customization options literally already exist for NPCs already in the game. You used the right word when you said it would be "trivial" to enable them for players.

they even said allied races were not going to get customization right now, they would focus on the main races first, but the elf playerbase is the worst, and of course blizzard will pamper then
    Because troll modelling is clearly simpler putting existing textures on elves.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    void elf isn't the same race lore-wise

And why not do that with highmountain and normal tauren since they are the same race modelwise? lighforged and draenei? or almost all races at all? they will ahve to wait... Seems like they are again playing favorites with elves

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by matrix123mko View Post
    Because troll modelling is clearly simpler putting existing textures on elves.
    see post above

And why not do that with highmountain and normal tauren since they are the same race modelwise? lighforged and draenei? or almost all races at all?
    Race Change Money

I'd love to see the new Night Elf options that they are planning (other than just the skin and hair tints we already know).

I can see them getting stuff like jewelry, body tattoos and ear sizes as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Yhvh View Post
    I'd love to see the new Night Elf options that they are planning (other than just the skin and hair tints we already know).

I can see them getting stuff like jewelry, body tattoos and ear sizes as well.
    Same, but they're probably last in line, lol.

Orcs are probably next.

- - - Updated - - -

And why not do that with highmountain and normal tauren since they are the same race modelwise? lighforged and draenei? or almost all races at all? they will ahve to wait... Seems like they are again playing favorites with elves

- - - Updated - - -

see post above
    They literally just put a Blood Elf skin on a Void Elf.

That takes like one whole second since the base meshes are fundamentally the same and anything that isn't the same (such as hair) is a separate mesh.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I wonder what options some allied races could get. Zandalari for instance
    For some, I really can't think of anything unique to add. Zandalari males could get beards, I guess? But as for females? Idk? More of the same? Piercings separate from jewellery/accessories?

They're literally Void-affected Blood Elves. That's their backstory.

Highmountain would require more consideration due to their physical differences. Lightforged have significant visual differences that require a seperate set of customisations. Mag'har would among the easiest since they're just differently skinned Orcs by their nature.

The remaining races all require seperately designed customisation options and thus don't really apply since the whole point here is that making extra customisation for VE is just enabling the existing options for them.

I'll post this until people learn to cope with Alliance High Elves.

I'm gonna start crying about it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Considering the whole high elf thing has been a thorn at Blizzard's and the Community's side for so long, and in the interest of avoiding an even bigger shitstorm when the blue eyed blood elves customization went live, I honestly dont mind them paying a little more attention to the void elves.

It was the right move in order to avoid more drama and calm most of the debate down. There will always be a few not fully satisfied and asking for more, but for now the bigger debate is over. Getting a small preferential treatment to one allied race is a small price to pay for some peace regarding this issue.

7+ Year Old Account
    And why not do that
    Have you actually ever considered the possibility that they might actually, you know, do exactly that?

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post

I'll post this until people learn to cope with Alliance High Elves.
    From purely a lore standpoint, makes perfect sense for Void Elves to have regular elven customization options as well, given this image.

There are both Blood Elves and High Elves coming to Telogrus to learn the ways of the void. They are purposedly training in the arts, and would not convert all the way since that was an unintentional effect from that Ethereral that raided Umbric's group and tried to forcefully turn all of them. Of course, harnessing that power would change - some - aspects, like eyes, or minor body features.

Many Blood Elves have reasons to defect to the Alliance in the 1st place. Let it be people interested in the void themselves and knowing that they wouldn't be welcomed by the Blood Elf society, or simply people not wanting to be with the Horde anymore and knowing that the Void Elves already secured a place in the Alliance.

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    I would say it is more that Belves in general have gotten more customization opotions than every other race, except maybe Humans.
    You would expect that a few of these options bleed over to Velves, same as with all the other ARs directly based on a core race.
    In the past you mean? If 1 option for a different eye color means more, sure. But looking at the Shadowlands customization options, I'd say Humans got objectively more -so far-. And probably because those two are the most played races. In any case, I was talking about Allied races, and I was wondering about the reasoning behind the special treatment if, and only if, the Void Elves get the revealed new customization options for them at the expansion's launch while other Allied races don't. It goes without saying that this hypothetical situation would be unfair for the rest of the Allied races.

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    Have you actually ever considered the possibility that they might actually, you know, do exactly that?
    People see a fraction of the options datamined in the ALPHA and complain that things aren't done or they have no options lmao patience is key

Quote Originally Posted by Yhvh View Post
    From purely a lore standpoint, makes perfect sense for Void Elves to have regular elven customization options as well, given this image.

There are both Blood Elves and High Elves coming to Telogrus to learn the ways of the void. They are purposedly training in the arts, and would not convert all the way since that was an unintentional effect from that Ethereral that raided Umbric's group and tried to forcefully turn all of them. Of course, harnessing that power would change - some - aspects, like eyes, or minor body features.

Many Blood Elves have reasons to defect to the Alliance in the 1st place. Let it be people interested in the void themselves and knowing that they wouldn't be welcomed by the Blood Elf society, or simply people not wanting to be with the Horde anymore and knowing that the Void Elves already secured a place in the Alliance.
    This is pretty much my exact feeling on it. The blueberry elves are a result of a specific incident. Subsequent members of the group that joined after that event shouldn't be void-corrupted the same way unless the Void Elves decided to make that some kind of required ritual to join them.

https://www.polygon.com/2020/5/28/21...-end-game-area

Oh hey, would you look at that.

Blizzard wants players to think about these things, according to Danuser. The team wanted the Kyrian to come across as fallible and in need of a new perspective. They’re certainly not evil, but they are set in their ways. Players are the tool to come in and change this society. If players pledge to the Kyrian covenant, they’ll get to be a major part of that change (while also unlocking new abilities).
    It's almost like the mind control wasn't going to stick... also LOL at anyone who thought they would be secret villains.

Also:

SMALLER ZONES WITH MORE REPLAYABILITY
    Come back in 10.0 to see where the resources went.
    Last edited by Nagawithlegs; 2020-05-29 at 02:00 PM.