10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    Justice Department argues Trump could block anyone he wants on Twitter
    I believe the word for "I can say whatever I want, you have to print it, and nobody can question it" is propaganda. Trump is asking for Twitter to carry his propaganda. Without paying them.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    I believe the word for "I can say whatever I want, you have to print it, and nobody can question it" is propaganda. Trump is asking for Twitter to carry his propaganda. Without paying them.
    Oh you mean what he does to every contractor he has ever worked hired. Have them do a job and then refuse to pay them.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/...31100780744704

Fffwwwwwwhhhhhhhheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeueeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaauuuuuuuuuuueeeeeeeeeeeeehhhhhhhhh hhhhhh.

If you can hear that, it's because he's not dog whistling. I love having a racist president in the 21st century. Truly, what a time to be alive.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/laura-...ticles&via=rss

And the award for most mind blowing tone deaf sentence in the last 24 hours, because seriously fuck these last 3 1/2 years, goes to Laura Ingraham Fox's number 2 boot licker of Trump. For comparing Trump being investigated by Mueller to police brutality of black people in the U.S. Yep she actually said that. Hey black people, Trump understands the plight of the black community in this country because he was legally investigated for his many corruptions. Oh and all that stuff about Trump and his father refusing to rent to black people or calling for the execution of the Central Park 5 even after they were exonerated you can just forget about all that because Trump understands your plight.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, seems he needs another EO:

10+ Year Old Account
    Remember this?

I do. Check the date.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Pannonian View Post

Oh wow. Twitter is kinda done with holding back on him now.

He conveniently forgets that the police initiated the violence by gassing up the protestors who were initially protesting peacefully.

When white people storm into a government building with weapons he calls them freedom fighters. He gave praise to quarantine protestors even when they were putting people in danger. Now here he is calling these protestors thugs and threatening to order the national guard to shoot them.

This.... this is the leader of our country... almost four years and I still can't believe it.
    The proper waifu is a wholesome supplement for one's intrinsic need for belonging and purpose.

Quote Originally Posted by Fantrast View Post
    Trump bears a disproportionate sense of responsibility for this...but this started before he was in office. Obama didn't do shit about it but offer flowery rhetoric.

This is a problem with the US and its systems, Trump is an especially ugly manifestation of that problem.
    Obama couldn't do shit and Trump won't do shit......major difference.
    Right not that fair, Trump will make things worse I will give you that.

I can't wait for the temper tantrum to come. It's going to the most glorious shit show to date.
    Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    I don't care if he committed tax fraud. Scoring political victories and crushing the aspirations of your political opponents is more important than adhering to moral principles.
    Well at least they're being honest now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thestrawman View Post
    I can't wait for the temper tantrum to come. It's going to the most glorious shit show to date.
    *inhales deeply* I'm ready...
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account

Oh that is great. It actually made me giggle with glee.

Guess Twitter is finally getting fed up with his shit.
    "If you are ever asking yourself 'Is Trump lying or is he stupid?', the answer is most likely C: All of the Above" - Seth Meyers

Quote Originally Posted by Zaydin View Post
    Oh that is great. It actually made me giggle with glee.

Guess Twitter is finally getting fed up with his shit.
    The executive order that Mr. Trump signed on Thursday seeks to strip liability protection in certain cases for companies like Twitter, Google and Facebook for the content on their sites, meaning they could face legal jeopardy if they allowed false and defamatory posts. Without a liability shield, they presumably would have to be more aggressive about policing messages that press the boundaries — like the president’s.
    https://www.nytimes.com/2020/05/28/u...ck-dorsey.html

Well that would be a hilarious irony that I hope comes to pass.

Hmm would this also open up users to lawsuits for harmful actions taken on behalf of their posts? That would be soooooo delicious.
    Last edited by Eviscero; 2020-05-29 at 09:47 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eviscero View Post
    https://www.nytimes.com/2020/05/28/u...ck-dorsey.html

Well that would be a hilarious irony that I hope comes to pass.
    No one ever said Trump was smart.
    "If you are ever asking yourself 'Is Trump lying or is he stupid?', the answer is most likely C: All of the Above" - Seth Meyers

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.usa...m/amp/26585143

- - - Updated - - -

Just going to leave this here before someone tries to attack the term thug like twitter has.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trunksee View Post

Just going to leave this here before someone tries to attack the term thug like twitter has.
    Cool, you gonna comment on your President calling for the massacre of his own citizens?

Even Twitter actually flagged him for it, Karen.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't think "thugs" is the issue here. Think it's more the implied threat of "when the lootings begin, the shooting begins"

- - - Updated - - -

I think the problematic part of his message was threatening to send in the military, to do a police job, without due process (you know like investigate, indict, judge etc), to shoot on US citizens.

Any thoughts on that my dude?

Minnesota police arrest CNN reporter and camera crew as they report from protests in Minneapolis

A 6 min video in link of the reporter being arrested.

In the video it looks like the reporter was cooperating and nothing happening of him interfering with the police. The reporter showed his credentials and has the right to report the news.

Now I'm posting in the political forums, cause again this is CNN and seems to be the "enemy of the people". Maybe I'm reading too much into that, but surely not the police arresting this reporter for no reason.

I guess Governor Tim Walz, is already negotiating the release of the reporter and crew.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

10+ Year Old Account

You though the violent part was ‘thugs’, not the shooting of Americans? Looking at Corona death toll, can’t say Trump supporters are not consistent.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi