Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by crakerjack View Post
    I applaud your emotional spewfest, but you're still wrong and moonkin isn't going anywhere. So like, deal with it buddy. Druids shapeshift, end of discussion.
    End of discussion? Are you out of arguments again you cocksucking bastard?

Well who can blame your stupid ass, after all you could not even counter my first post either.

Deal with it, your time is up, now you can safely fuck off into the twisting Nether

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by lappee View Post
    No, DK's are DK's. If you took spells away from DK's they'd just become wannabe warriors, just like you want to do for druids by taking their shapeshifting away.

1) You can currently play without moonkin form just fine, and like I said earlier you could just have moonkin form not increase the damage of your spells - but other benefits such as armor or Owlkin Frenzy don't make sense to have without it

2) Rogues and warriors can attack just fine without any forms, monks can do all their damage with fists too. Theres no reason, according to your logic, for ferals and guardians needing their forms. You could just "still have them in spell book, but do all damage and get all benefits in caster form"

Choice is not a bad thing, you can reroll a mage if you want to play a mage and you can reroll a druid if you like shapeshifting and forms mattering.
    Don't repeat the same shit over and over - it won't make it any more right

Can you get into your shithead that the form is not taken away? Well you better do for your sake.
    Each and every ability can be reworked to function without the form, I told you so already.

I just told you how melee druid forms are intrinsic to way they deal damage, so no, your slippery slope assholery won't work no matter how you try

Are you having trouble understanding the English language?
    get a dictionary and start learning, so people don't have to repeat themselves,
    because you can't understand what was said the first time.

you shit for brains better fuck oof with that other idiot into the Twisting Nether too
    Last edited by Asmogold; 2020-05-28 at 09:17 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    i actually wish druids get even more forms, and tree form back to resto (even if it was f8ckin OP in pvp)
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

Only Balance Druid I have is Zandalari, and the form is glorious. I'm good, thanks. Closest I'll get to ever playing an Arakkoa.

Druids are about shapeshifting. If you don't like it maybe don't play a druid?

Anyway with glyph of stars you are basically formless... our of combat you can look however you want. In Combat you should not stare at your char anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by LeeroyJenkins View Post
    We don't need to run around as KFC raw material all the time.

Make a glyph or a class skillbook like you did with treat form, and that should give you the cosmetic ability to go moonkin.

Alternatively, make it a talent like it was in vanilla, or like Incarnation: Tree of Life is now, then add Incarnation: Chosen of Elune on top.

Drawbacks: None

Advantages:
    - Player Choice
    - You can see your transmog
    - This incentives running old instances for gear looks.
    - See your face, and all the new options coming with Shadowlands
    - Be cooler
    Great Idea!!! Druid got many great transmogs they wanna show off

Quote Originally Posted by VinceVega View Post
    Druids are about shapeshifting. If you don't like it maybe don't play a druid?

Anyway with glyph of stars you are basically formless... our of combat you can look however you want. In Combat you should not stare at your char anyway.
    Yet it is precisely the combat part which matters.

There are so many cool hand and body casting animations druids got along with other classes,
    the chicken animations are sub-par compared to the original models.
    and they are incapable of even experiencing them because of that awful form.

Now if chicken form is a skill book, everybody gets to play the way they like.
    Last edited by Azaki; 2020-05-29 at 01:18 PM.

I can't imagine someone playing a Druid and thinks "man I wish I could fight as not a Druid".
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    I can't imagine someone playing a Druid and thinks "man I wish I could fight as not a Druid".
    Fun fact: Moonkin ≠ Druid

More like an optional form like treant

But if you want lazerchiken the skill book is there for you
    Last edited by Azaki; 2020-05-29 at 01:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Azaki View Post
    Fun fact: Moonkin ≠ Druid

More like an optional form like treant
    Oh silly me, here I thought Moonkin have been part of the Druid class since their MMO inception. Now I'm also learning they were optional too.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Yet it is precisely the combat part which matters.

There are so many cool hand and body casting animations druids got along with other classes,
    the chicken animations are sub-par compared to the original models.
    and they are incapable of even experiencing them because of that awful form.

Now if chicken form is a skill book, everybody gets to play the way they like.
    You can with the Glyph. You get all the aninamtions with the shapeshifting still enabled

Oh silly me, here I thought Moonkin have been part of the Druid class since their MMO inception. Now I'm also learning they were optional too.
    Yep it was just an optional talent originally,

always hated the form just like default swimming form,

thankfully the orca glyph fixed it

- - - Updated - - -

You can with the Glyph. You get all the aninamtions with the shapeshifting still enabled
    But that form - as another poster so adequately put it- looks like papa smurf jizzing over you constantly.

Apart from that you look like a blue ghost, and can not see the true colors.

That glyph is almost as awful as the chicken itself xS

10+ Year Old Account
    It actually wasn't. Original 31 point Balance Talent was Hurricane.
    Last edited by Lahis; 2020-05-29 at 01:32 PM.

Yep it was just an optional talent originally,
    always hated the form just like default swimming form,
    thankfully the orca glyph fixed it

- - - Updated - - -

But that form - as another poster so adequately put it- looks liek papa smurf jizzing over you constantly.

Apart from that you look like a blue ghost, and can not see the true colors.

That glyph is almost as awful as the chicken itself xS
    I still think forms are an integral part of druids. The glyph lets you see yourself to a degree. The rest should stay that way. You could argue, that the moonkinform needs an update with maybe visible gear or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    It actually wasn't. Original 31 point Balance Talent was Hurricane.
    Wow even better xD

- - - Updated - - -

I still think forms are an integral part of druids. The glyph lets you see yourself to a degree. The rest should stay that way. You could argue, that the moonkinform needs an update with maybe visible gear or something.
    Well, to make gear visible would basically need an ogre model refit for all gear, as that is the original skeleton it uses.

But that is way too much work than I give Blizzard credit for xS

A far easier option is to make it optional like treant and keep everyone happy
    Last edited by Azaki; 2020-05-29 at 01:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Personally I wish moonkins were a race. A wildkin warrior in full plate would look dope.
    I want a Drakonid race XD

I wanted to be one since I first laid eyes upon them in vanilla XDXD

- - - Updated - - -

Wouldn't mind an update to the moonkin form,
    just make it customizable for those who want to keep the original model,
    updated moonkin,
    and default character model

Choice is the way to go

Quote Originally Posted by Asmogold View Post
    Can you get into your shithead that the form is not taken away? Well you better do for your sake.
    And as I said, you can take the damage modifier away from Moonkin form. That way you'll deal the same damage with and without it. Leaving The armor and Owlkin frenzy (because they make sense to have on the form) doesn't affect raiding/M+ at all (unless you really like to get melee hit by adds).

Quote Originally Posted by Asmogold View Post
    Each and every ability can be reworked to function without the form, I told you so already.
    I just told you how melee druid forms are intrinsic to way they deal damage, so no, your slippery slope assholery won't work no matter how you try
    Two sentences that completely contradict each other. Either you can rework every ability to function without forms, or you can't - and to help you out the answer is yes, you can.

So while ripping Druidism from druids, you can just make Feral an actual copy of a Rogue (or more like a mix&match of Rogue and Monk) and the same with Bear. Literally no forms needed.

Or you can make the sensible solution and reroll the class you actually want to play, since Druid clearly isn't the one.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezekeel View Post
    I actually love Moonkin Form. The way it looks, runs, dances, flaps... I think it is goofy and cool at the same time. I also love Treant Form and I try to keep it on whenever I play resto. I get that people do not see it cool, but it makes me wonder why they chose to play it then.
    It really relates to one of the core issues I've had with WOW for years now... the illusion on choice.

Why do people who hate the Moonkin form (but not necessarily shapeshifting) play a Balance Druid? Because the Balance playstyle is not found in any other class or spec in the game.

We're at a point now, with every spec being (mostly) unique, where a player needs to be satisfied with the Race, Class, Spec playstyle and Aesthetics of their given choice because it's almost impossible to change a single aspect in isolation. Even race options are limited to due to race/class restrictions.
    It's going to get worse in SL once we add in covenant choices.

I enjoy Druids, and I enjoy shapeshifting. I just don't enjoy shifting into the same chicken for the last 15 years (Druids been a main alt of mine since Vanilla).
    Mages, Warlocks, Shadow Priests & Ele Shamans are all "ranged spellcasters" but none of them play like Balance Druids. For that reason, a person told to "re-roll" because they dislike Chicken form is not simply making a choice to not be a chicken, but needs to decide on an entirely different playstyle.

Blizzard has locked every spec into a unique playstyle, and if you want that playstyle you're locked into everything that comes with it because in most cases, Talents do very little to customize your gameplay. You simply cant spec an Arcane Mage (for example) to play like a Balance Druid.

Just give more customization to Balance. Again, huge opportunity wasted in Legion.
    Last edited by Dakara; 2020-05-30 at 05:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by lappee View Post
    And as I said, you can take the damage modifier away from Moonkin form. That way you'll deal the same damage with and without it. Leaving The armor and Owlkin frenzy (because they make sense to have on the form) doesn't affect raiding/M+ at all (unless you really like to get melee hit by adds).

Two sentences that completely contradict each other. Either you can rework every ability to function without forms, or you can't - and to help you out the answer is yes, you can.

So while ripping Druidism from druids, you can just make Feral an actual copy of a Rogue (or more like a mix&match of Rogue and Monk) and the same with Bear. Literally no forms needed.

Or you can make the sensible solution and reroll the class you actually want to play, since Druid clearly isn't the one.
    read the post below you from Dakara and educate yourself about how unique gameplay is tied to each spec.

Of course they can rework feral and guardian too, but that would really take away from their nature unlike balance chicken.

The initial release of WoW 1.1 did not even have moonklin to begin with, while bear and cat have always been there.
    The final talent was Hurricane instead of moonkin. look it up.

It brings exactly 0 new abilities, unlike cat and bear which have all their abilities tied to the forms.
    Educate yourself, and stop embarrassing yourself with your moronic view

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by melzas View Post
    Sounds like you haven't heard of Glyph of the stars.
    Smurfkin glyph?? I play on one of the biggest servers in the game (Draenor) and I see 1-2 people use that glyph, per month.. It's just so fugly..

Anyway, I play Troll, so I love my red Moonkin form..
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

Quote Originally Posted by Arkomon View Post
    read the post below you from Dakara and educate yourself about how unique gameplay is tied to each spec.

Of course they can rework feral and guardian too, but that would really take away from their nature unlike balance chicken.

The initial release of WoW 1.1 did not even have moonklin to begin with, while bear and cat have always been there.
    The final talent was Hurricane instead of moonkin. look it up.

It brings exactly 0 new abilities, unlike cat and bear which have all their abilities tied to the forms.
    Educate yourself, and stop embarrassing yourself with your moronic view
    You can just make the abilities usable without forms, really nothing is stopping that (other than basic sense of the class).

I never said Moonkin form was on the launch of classic, because I know it wasn't (You know I did play balance already back then) but that doesn't change the fact that Moonkin Form is as iconic Balance druid form as Cat is for feral (Balance druids are called Moonkins for a reason, just like Ferals are called Cats).

And, as I said multiple times before, you can take the damage bonus away from Moonkin so that you'll do the same damage with and without the form but I do want the other bonuses from the form to stay (armor and Owlkin frenzy, which have always been tied to the form) because those two actually make sense for the form (just like abilities do for Feral).

Perhaps we could have a proper conversation on the matter if you learned to how not get constantly banned from the forums.