Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Cizr View Post
    I hope national guard or whatever will soon make looters scatter. This shit is not okay

Why his family ? They had nothing to do with it.
    Because they know what kind of person he is and if they allow him to be that way they must be shit too. Apple doesn't fall to far from the tree, racism is taught not learned magically.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yuujin View Post

This is the leading internet theory. Take it with a grain of salt. The PD is denying it.
    Worth remembering, this also happened at the BLM riots/protests. State troopers and county deputies were outed causing damage and harm in Oakland.
    Plainclothes California highway patrol officers have walked among demonstrators for weeks, report stated

Government Affiliated Snark

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Milchshake View Post
    Worth remembering, this also happened at the BLM riots/protests. State troopers and county deputies were outed causing damage and harm in Oakland.
    Plainclothes California highway patrol officers have walked among demonstrators for weeks, report stated

"Undercover officers infiltrated a racist group known for inciting riots and violence, get their cover blown and one has his picture taken from a very convenient angle while holding off crowd known for violence, rioting, and murder of police" There, I fixed it for you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kasuke06 View Post
    "Undercover officers infiltrated a racist group known for inciting riots and violence, get their cover blown and one has his picture taken from a very convenient angle while holding off crowd known for violence, rioting, and murder of police" There, I fixed it for you.
    How's that boot taste, out of curiosity? If that isn't sufficiently damning for you, how about officers from the Minneapolis Pig Department arresting a reporter and his news crew on live television?

Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    How's that boot taste, out of curiosity? If that isn't sufficiently damning for you, how about officers from the Minneapolis Pig Department arresting a reporter and his news crew on live television?

I guess you're going to tell me your little stunt in that parking garage in dallas was all just a misunderstanding?
    O Flora, of the moon, of the dream. O Little ones, O fleeting will of the ancients. Let the hunter be safe. Let them find comfort. And let this dream, their captor, Foretell a pleasant awakening

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kasuke06 View Post
    I guess you're going to tell me your little stunt in that parking garage in dallas was all just a misunderstanding?
    Nah. I'm sure they'll dig up some evidence that the parking garage was caught smoking pot when it was in college or something.
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

[IMG]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EZLYfvvX0AINRH5?format=jpg&name=large[/IG]
    CNN's Josh Campell, who also was in the area but not standing with the on-air crew, said he, too, was approached by police, but was allowed to remain.

"I identified myself ... they said, 'OK, you're permitted to be in the area,'" recounted Campbell, who is white. "I was treated much differently than (Jimenez) was."
    Totally had nothing to do with Omar being afro-latino, certainly not right.

Apparently that statement I just said is shaking the world of many fragile people who now have become victims due to witnessing someone else be a victim.

It's like an observer of a murder crying and calling themselves a victim... meanwhile the dead person? Well who cares?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    Totally had nothing to do with Omar being afro-latino, certainly not right.
    Ye, I believe it was mentioned previously that another CNN reporter was left alone by the same police department, the chief difference being that he was...

*checks notes*

White.

5+ Year Old Account
    As a reminder, wishing harm or death on others isn't appropriate for discussion regardless of recent events.
    This warning has been added to the OP.
    Moderator of the General Off-Topic, Politics, Lore, and RP Forums
    "If you have any concerns, let me know via PM. I'll do my best to assist you."

Quote Originally Posted by Rozz View Post
    As a reminder, wishing harm or death on others isn't appropriate for discussion regardless of recent events.
    This warning has been added to the OP.
    Question, does doing such things warrant a perma ban?

Mod Edit: Perma-bans typically depend on several factors such as sustained behavior and severity. Actions that go against warnings or guidelines are liable for infractions, but especially dangerous comments will be treated in kind.
    Last edited by Rozz; 2020-05-29 at 03:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tenlo View Post
    The looters don't give 2 shits about the murder... They just wanted free stuff. They're vultures and deserve to be thrown in jail for theft and arson
    By whom? By the Minneapolis police department?

Quote Originally Posted by Dsonsion View Post
    By whom? By the Minneapolis police department?
    I mean I guess? Don't really know who would actually have the authority here. We'll see what happens as the dust settles

10+ Year Old Account
    I mean I guess?
    That same police department that kicked off these riots by murdering someone in their custody and then escalating against protesters?

I mean they could, but they might have a hard time without a precinct building. *cough*

That same police department that kicked off these riots by murdering someone in their custody and then escalating against protesters?

I mean they could, but they might have a hard time without a precinct building. *cough*
    Im not in law so I'm not sure how it would work. But we can't give everyone free reign to burn everything down when an injustice happens.

I'm not trying to downplay or ignore the anger but two wrongs don't make a right.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not trying to downplay or ignore the anger
    but
    This as convincing an argument as "I'm not racist, but..."

If you have to say 'but', you're confirming you are actually doing exactly what you're claiming you aren't.

Look, just admit you’re afraid to talk about human rights that shouldn’t be debatable in the first place owing to the fact that you don’t want to accidentally expose your tireless effort of ‘staying neutral’ which directly translates to siding with the oppressor.

Im not in law so I'm not sure how it would work. But we can't give everyone free reign to burn everything down when an injustice happens.

I'm not trying to downplay or ignore the anger but two wrongs don't make a right.
    Actually, if everyone is burning down things, it kinda becomes their de-facto right, as the law is in direct opposition to the popular will.

This as convincing an argument as "I'm not racist, but..."

If you have to say 'but', you're confirming you are actually doing exactly what you're claiming you aren't.

Look, just admit you’re afraid to talk about human rights that shouldn’t be debatable in the first place owing to the fact that you don’t want to accidentally expose your tireless effort of ‘staying neutral’ which directly translates to siding with the oppressor.
    How many people need to be outraged over an injustice to be immune to prosecution? If my wife cheats on me may I burn my neighborhood down?

George Floyd's death was unnecessary and cruel and the cops responsible should be stripped of office and thrown in jail for life. But what about all the people's whose lives are ruined now? Don't they get anything for having their businesses destroyed?

10+ Year Old Account
    How many people need to be outraged over an injustice to be immune to prosecution? If my wife cheats on me may I burn my neighborhood down?
    I dunno; you people profess to be the experts at revolution with all that Second Amendment garbage, you tell me what an acceptable level of civil disobedience looks like.

But
    There is that word again.

What is it about this that you aren't getting? Using George Floyd's death as a point of moral comparison is a form of invalidation. You are reducing the human cost to a moral cudgel and outing yourself by making an issue of the property damage rather than the actual cause of the problem; police brutality, and racism.

Here's a fun fact, Karen: your business being burned down is not the same as you being choked to death.

I get that y'all seem to find that confusing given the whole "It's my right to have a haircut" bullshit, but you really need to check yourselves.

George Floyd's death was unnecessary and cruel and the cops responsible should be stripped of office and thrown in jail for life. But what about all the people's whose lives are ruined now? Don't they get anything for having their businesses destroyed?
    So then you have no problem burning down police departments I assume

Not only has protesting peacefully not worked, but people flipped out about peaceful protests, too. Kneeling inflamed them, blocking traffic was super inconvenient, etc. Given the fact that 4 centuries of largely unchecked violence--rubber stamped by the courts and the population at large--preceded this, I think people's restraint has actually been pretty remarkable. Doesn't it make you a little sick hearing yourself fretting that they should be "peaceful" about it?
    Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition, to wit: There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect. There is nothing more or else to it, and there never has been, in any place or time. --Frank Wilhoit