Quote Originally Posted by gurutikka View Post
    Will anyone be making their Legolas and joining up with Gimli and Aragorn and roleplayer the fellowship of the ring now that Void Elves are getting High Elf skin tones?
    Yes, but it will be difficult finding a Gimli when the already small Dwarf playerbase dwindles further.

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    I admit I made the question in a convoluted way. Sadly Blizzard linked the void elves to the Argussian Reach reputation, as a result they never bothered to name their political affiliation. (i.e. Humans = Kingdom of Stormwind / Blood Elves = Kingdom of Quel'thalas / Void Elves = ???).
    Well with a lack of clarification, and a poor choice in unlock reputation on Blizzard's part, we can only assume that right now Void Elves = Kingdom of Stormwind as far as a specific Alliance rep faction is concerned. Ideally there would be a specific rep faction for those who study in Telogrus such as "Acolytes of Telogrus" or some such. Maybe down the road Blizzard will add such a faction.
    Last edited by Kyriani; 2020-05-29 at 04:12 PM.

I admit I made the question in a convoluted way. Sadly Blizzard linked the void elves to the Argussian Reach reputation, as a result they never bothered to name their political affiliation. (i.e. Humans = Kingdom of Stormwind / Blood Elves = Kingdom of Quel'thalas / Void Elves = ???).
    The selection screen mixes races and factions a bit.

Humans, of the Kingdom of Stormwind (But selection screen labels them Humans, their race)
    Humans, of the Kingdom of Kul Tiras (But selection screen labels them Kul Tirans, their nationality)

Trolls, of the Darkspear Tribe (But selection screen labels them Trolls, their race )
    Trolls, of the Zandalari Tribe (But selection screen labels them Zandalari, their tribe)

So, it seems perfectly reasonable to me to assume the same is the case for Void Elves. They're labelled after their faction, not their race

Quote Originally Posted by protip View Post
    The current appearance also accounts for elves who may have attempted a process similar to Alleria's, but weren't able to hold back the Void as well as she was. Whether during or after the ritual that gives them access to Entropic Embrace, among other racials, it's easy to explain that the forces of entropy embraced a little too hard and resulted in a transformed appearance. There is no reason Blizzard would need to limit that appearance to exclusively elves from Umbric's original crew.
    That's true and I fully agree. It's a great explanation for new Void Elves using the original skin tones and tentacle hair.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyriani View Post
    Well with a lack of clarification, and a poor choice in unlock reputation on Blizzard's part, we can only assume that right now Void Elves = Kingdom of Stormwind as far as a specific Alliance rep faction is concerned. Ideally there would be a specific rep faction for those who study in Telogrus such as "Acolytes of Telogrus" or some such. Maybe down the road Blizzard will add such a faction.
    you know i wish void elves would get black, brown, red hair too because the high elf skin tones look rather odd with void elf hair colors.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nagawithlegs View Post
    Yes, but it will be difficult finding a Gimli when the already small Dwarf playerbase dwindles further.
    Their taking the hobbits...I mean gnomes, to ISENGARD!

you know i wish void elves would get black, brown, red hair too because the high elf skin tones look rather odd with void elf hair colors.

- - - Updated - - -

Their taking the hobbits...I mean gnomes, to ISENGARD!
    i think you're trying to say karazhan :P

I think this is going to have to happen. Blizzard is so, so close to pleasing all the "give us High Elves" folk, but if we're stuck with Sort-of-high-elves with high elves skin and eyes, but tentacle-hair and no light hair colours then they're just tripping on the finish line.

All they need to do is to let Void Elves use non-tentacle-y hair and some regular hair colours and they're golden

Quote Originally Posted by Rathwell View Post
    I think this is going to have to happen. Blizzard is so, so close to pleasing all the "give us High Elves" folk, but if we're stuck with Sort-of-high-elves with high elves skin and eyes, but tentacle-hair and no light hair colours then they're just tripping on the finish line.

All they need to do is to let Void Elves use non-tentacle-y hair and some regular hair colours and they're golden
    Exactly. 100% Agree.

And also they need to update Void Elf lore and mention that since the events of BFA, many High Elf wayfarers and scholars arrived in Telgrus rift and decided to learn the ways of the Void. They did not undergo the same sacrificial ritual which explains why their skin color didn't change but they did successfully manage to bend the Void to their will thanks to the teachings of Locustmaster and Alleria Windrunner.

hair colors make them different from blood elves, void hairstyles are part of the aesthetics of void elves.

5+ Year Old Account
    I'm sure it's coming. Every race so far has gotten new hair colors, it would be odd for any single race to not get additional hair colors (or "fur" colors in the case of taurens/vulpera/pandas).

Just like how Void Elves are receiving additional eye color options, same with Night Elves, because with the character creation overhaul it would be weird to have races with no eye color selection.

And yeah I know there's already multiple hair colors vs eye color for some races, I'm just saying more hair colors are pretty much a given. What kinds of color is truly the question.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post
    hair colors make them different from blood elves, void hairstyles are part of the aesthetics of void elves.
    Don't be too confident. For 2 years we have been told fair skinned is what made them different from the void elves...

But I agree. Just give us some new cold colors and hairstyles. Let the Blood elves keep the blond/brown hairs.
    "If you want to play alongside High and Void elves, the Alliance is waiting for you"

Quote Originally Posted by Geisl View Post
    I'm sure it's coming. Every race so far has gotten new hair colors, it would be odd for any single race to not get additional hair colors (or "fur" colors in the case of taurens/vulpera/pandas).

Just like how Void Elves are receiving additional eye color options, same with Night Elves, because with the character creation overhaul it would be weird to have races with no eye color selection.

And yeah I know there's already multiple hair colors vs eye color for some races, I'm just saying more hair colors are pretty much a given. What kinds of color is truly the question.
    Another thing that will be odd is that it will be hard to roleplay as a High Elf wayfarer because as far as we know High Elves don't have a British type accent. All the High Elf npcs ingame don't have these accents, they have the regular accents so when you hear this British accent coming out of mouth of your High Elf-Void Elf character, it will odd.

Keep in mind that these are just the skin tones.... we have yet to see the new hairstyles, hair color, jewelry, etc. that void elves will receive.
    Expansion Storylines ranking:

Legion > Cataclysm > MoP > BfA up to 8.2.5 > Wrath > TBC > WoD > Dragonflight > BfA 8.3 > Shadowlands

5+ Year Old Account
    Another thing that will be odd is that it will be hard to roleplay as a High Elf wayfarer because as far as we know High Elves don't have a British type accent. All the High Elf npcs ingame don't have these accents, they have the regular accents so when you hear this British accent coming out of mouth of your High Elf-Void Elf character, it will odd.
    I think at that point it's too little of difference for Blizzard to care.

https://www.wowhead.com/news=311958/...in-shadowlands

But using that wowhead link, and going through every race's early preview - only 2 races (Gnomes and Humans) didn't get additional hair colors in the first pass previews.

Out of the 11 options there, 9 have received NEW hair colors. That's ~82%.

So it's highly likely every race is going to get at least 3 additional hair colors (3 is the minimum I saw for those that did have new colors).

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.wowhead.com/news=312076/...in-shadowlands

Goblins also get new hair colors. Brings it to ~83%.

So out of the 12 original races, 10 have new hair colors, and it's very likely so will gnomes and humans.

But using that wowhead link, and going through every race's early preview - only 2 races (Gnomes and Humans) didn't get additional hair colors in the first pass previews.

So it's highly likely every race is going to get at least 3 additional hair colors (3 is the minimum I saw for those that did have new colors).

- - - Updated - - -

So out of the 12 original races, 10 have new hair colors, and it's very likely so will gnomes and humans.
    Until Blizzard lore team actually inserts more story to the Void Elves adding the fact that High Elves joined the ranks of the Void Elves, I still kinda will feel even with all those customizations that they aren't the race we originally wanted. I am happy to a certain extent but also not fully happy because it is kinda of a cheap way to avoid adding high elves as an alliance allied race.

Quote Originally Posted by Clickbait Mick View Post
    Literally, guys. LITERALLY!

Man, High Elf fans are such monsters! How dare they do this?!
    I don't know man I'm literally crying and shaking the High Elf fans I know wouldn't do that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post
    I hate the idea of undead using blood elves, if you want to play as an undead elf play a DK or a forsaken that's the undead fantasy!

if you want to give elf ears to the forsaken model I agree

like this
    Wtf I love our new High Forsaken, High Orc and High Dwarf allied races.

- - - Updated - - -

Keep in mind that these are just the skin tones.... we have yet to see the new hairstyles, hair color, jewelry, etc. that void elves will receive.
    Can't wait for some more eldritch void tentacle hairstyles. :b

What is making you feel like they're going to get hairstyles and hair colors? Didnt Blizzard say that the upcoming overhaul to the customization system would only apply to the original races, not the new ones? The Void Elves getting skin tones was just for the High Elf debacle, other than that I don't think any other Allied races are getting anything?

- - - Updated - - -

It's not updated on wowhead! XD
    Gnomes and humans have also received new hair colors, we saw them in Stiven's video datamining.
    All races received 3 or more new hair colors.

Gnomes https://youtu.be/u17mnWw_PuI
    Humans https://youtu.be/YXoSDkU0eCs

I can see Void Elves getting a pale blonde Alleria-like hair colour option, not sure about new hairstyles though.

Ranger war paints can work for both Void and Blood Elves, they could just differentiate them by colour (Void Elf=Blue, Blood Elf=Red), by patterns or both.
    Blood Elves should also get runic tattoos, Void Elf somekind of void versions of that.

What is making you feel like they're going to get hairstyles and hair colors? Didnt Blizzard say that the upcoming overhaul to the customization system would only apply to the original races, not the new ones? The Void Elves getting skin tones was just for the High Elf debacle, other than that I don't think any other Allied races are getting anything?
    Wrong. Mechagnomes received new customization options. Plus they can change their mind. I'd say the High Elf debate proved that.
    Expansion Storylines ranking:

Legion > Cataclysm > MoP > BfA up to 8.2.5 > Wrath > TBC > WoD > Dragonflight > BfA 8.3 > Shadowlands