Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    "Breaking the cycle!"

Followed by,

"Faction divide continues indefinitely."

That singular moment.
    Last edited by Omedon; 2020-05-29 at 05:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ardenaso View Post
    and is their cruel system dismantled? they still plague everything they see. Let's not even forget they massacred the Kirin Tor in Ambermill who were literally just minding their own business, then after Southshore they literally hunted down escaping civilian refugees. Don't even get me started on the Sludge Fields
    By Cataclysm the people of Ambermill were neither Kirin Tor nor just minding their own business (they weren't just minding their own business even back in Vanilla when they were still members of the Kirin Tor, as they waltzed into Forsaken territory and started messing with the Ley Lines in the region). And the Sludge Fields fuck up was performed by a traitor who was punished accordingly. As for Blight, for the most part it's Forsaken's prerogative how they wage their wars. The Horde rarely ever interjected itself into such matters.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Quote Originally Posted by Codah View Post
    No

10chars
    No what? No it's not wrong? No it doesn't make sense? It's hard to understand with a single word.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

It's fan base attempting to dissect it's characters by applying real world human behavior to fantasy characters.
    I'm a thread killer.

The WoD time travel BS. All just to recycle old lore and satisfy Metzen's Orc fetish.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    No what? No it's not wrong? No it doesn't make sense? It's hard to understand with a single word.
    No is my answer to the question you asked me. I do not have a problem with something that makes sense in the context of the story. I have a problem with something that is stupid, makes little sense and was done for reasons that have nothing to do with the story.

"We can't beat Deathwing, he's fated to win."
    "Hey, let's just go back in time 10,000 years, steal his soul, bring it to the present, blow a hole in his chest with it, and then go back in time and return it to the exact moment! No one will notice and nothing will be changed!"
    "Also, let's never use time travel to save the world again, even though we can!"

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    And the Sludge Fields fuck up was performed by a traitor who was punished accordingly.
    I keep on forgetting that Ambermill crap, hopefully I won't again

He was punished for his nu-necromancy not his inhumane treatment (though I doubt they'd care anyway). I've yet to see any confirmation from Blizzard whether the missions regarding to Stillwater in Legion and BFA are canon, or the questline in Cataclysm is non-canon
    The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

I make Warcraft 3 Reforged HD custom models and I'm also an HD model reviewer.

There are so many things I want to say but truthfully I think the most damaging was the entire story of BC, particularly Kael'thas. What a way to take a story that was going somewhere good and turn it in the most boring and senseless direction possible.

Quote Originally Posted by blankfaced View Post
    It's fan base attempting to dissect it's characters by applying real world human behavior to fantasy characters.
    Be careful, you're making too much sense. The Baine/Saurfang hateclub might come after you.

No is my answer to the question you asked me. I do not have a problem with something that makes sense in the context of the story. I have a problem with something that is stupid, makes little sense and was done for reasons that have nothing to do with the story.
    How does it not make sense? When the Lich King first raised DKs in Wrath, there were barely any Pandaren out in the world. That's why you can see a rare one back in WoD. Now the current Lich King is doing the same thing as the previous one but this time there have been wars in which Pandaren took place in and died. The Fourth War, BfA, is also the reason why Allied Races can become DKs. There were plenty of corpses.
    Now I ask why doesn't this make sense to you or weren't related to the story?

Retcons and pushing a certain agenda into our throaths even though its very odd in lore perspectives.

Quote Originally Posted by Thage View Post
    It's actually pretty impressive. As big as some of Knaak's dumber lore decisions have been, Blizz has been very elegant in completely ignoring them after they went over like a wet fart. Most of the characters who were around for the War of the Ancients trilogy show no recollection of or recognition of Rhonin and Friends, the Stormrage novel only occasionally gets mentioned, Wolfheart was acknowledged in broad strokes but details like Varian being Lo'Gosh's avatar went completely unmentioned going forward. Then Rhonin and Krasus got killed off, and Lucian hasn't been seen since his powers stopped being temporarily plot-relevant.

But even Rhonin at the height of Knaak's hubris doesn't hold a candle to Med'an in terms of sheer lore fuckery and stupid plotlines. It's a shame, because the renewed Council of Tirisfal could have had some cool themes going on as a multiracial coalition with the intent of acting as an early warning system and first line of defense against external threats, but between how badly fans reacted to Marty'Stu and the writing team's direction for the plot moving in favor of "Everyone's an idiot and the PC has to get everything done in spite of, not because of, their allies' eagerness to get themselves killed," it just wouldn't work anymore.
    He took a lot of the context for Cataclysm with him as well. We got a hulked-out Cho'gall dropped into World of Warcraft with none of the backstory because it's polluted by Med'an. It could have been a great opportunity to explore the nature of the Old Gods (and the status of C'Thun) in a way that wasn't the lore dump that is Chronicle.

At least the Old Gods still had a future in Warcraft, however. The Council of Tirisfal isn't likely to recover unless Space Medivh returns after his brief cameo in Legion.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by valky94 View Post
    isnt the reason for no worgen and goblin monks, there being no pandaren to train them in gilneas and kezan (iirc gileans were kinda super racist before cataclysm and would probably never accept a pandaren into their society)?
    Yeah but the Worgen and Goblins have been in contact with the Pandaren for several years now. How can the Mag'har Orcs, coming not only very recently but from a different planet entirely, learn the ways of the Monk before them?

Sylvanus character assasination

Med'an

Thrall going confused Marie sue. Actually, thrall over all is such a shit show.

Voljin becoming warchied only to die a patch later

Magni and his crystal form. Soooooo dumb

Seeing 20 little people take down a titan. Fucking stupid

Honestly this list could go on for days

Quote Originally Posted by Sagenod View Post
    Yeah but the Worgen and Goblins have been in contact with the Pandaren for several years now. How can the Mag'har Orcs, coming not only very recently but from a different planet entirely, learn the ways of the Monk before them?
    their starting zones still havent been redone, so when you make a new worgen or goblin, ur stuck in cataclysm, just like arthas is still alive when you make a non allied race DK

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by valky94 View Post
    their starting zones still havent been redone, so when you make a new worgen or goblin, ur stuck in cataclysm, just like arthas is still alive when you make a non allied race DK
    And weren't the zones revamped in Cata, including starting zones? By that logic, none of the races should be Monks

A few years ago I would have said "Pandas", but then WoD...

5+ Year Old Account
    Well, every week there is something new to cringe about. The new short story is a good example. What is even the target audience at this point? 40+ year old woman that are victims of vaginal dryness? I don't mean to imply that there should be no love story in WoW, but this feels so incredible out of touch and not related to the game in the slightest. And this is kind of a constant nowadays in Warcraft.
    Last edited by George Lucas; 2020-05-29 at 10:10 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    How does it not make sense? When the Lich King first raised DKs in Wrath, there were barely any Pandaren out in the world. That's why you can see a rare one back in WoD. Now the current Lich King is doing the same thing as the previous one but this time there have been wars in which Pandaren took place in and died. The Fourth War, BfA, is also the reason why Allied Races can become DKs. There were plenty of corpses.
    Now I ask why doesn't this make sense to you or weren't related to the story?
    It just doesn't make sense culturally to me. It's like me dying and being raised up as a karate master. Like what? Restrictions on class/ race combos create a more diverse and interesting setting. Letting everyone be everything just waters down the lore.

It just doesn't make sense culturally to me. It's like me dying and being raised up as a karate master. Like what? Restrictions on class/ race combos create a more diverse and interesting setting. Letting everyone be everything just waters down the lore.
    The whole point about being a DK is you're not given a choice. It doesn't matter what your culture is to the Lich King and other DKs. Once they bring you back you're a DK till you die. I completely agree with your other points, there should be restrictions, but this isn't one of them. It makes sense in the context of the story they're going for.