10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrecktangle View Post
    Lol the low level experience sucks, but I'm not entirely sure putting such a heavy focus on TTK is all that important. It's usually only a factor when either initially doing the MSQ or each expansion.
    Don't know man, I always leveled as a white mage and it' quite hilarious how little combat there is during leveling.
    I don't think TTK or which class flexxes mobs faster matters at all, since 90%+ of your playtime is spent traveling or watching cutscenes.

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    I think WoW has more content in each patch. They add zones in post-expansion patches (whereas in FFXIV, you only get new zones with an expansion box launch). They add a lot of new questlines (in FFXIV, you only get a handful of new questlines added after an expansion box launch, like Hildibrand or the raid questline or the trial questline, and a beast tribe).

That said, FFXIV has a ton of cutscenes for... everything. I don't think WoW would be able to put out as much content as it does if they had to wait on cutscene artists to finish every quest. WoW also releases a new patch every 6 to 9 months, whereas FFXIV is every 3 months. So, in the end, while it feels like WoW patches are bigger, I think that FFXIV feels like you get more content over time.
    Rift was the same way at launch, every 60 days a large patch came out for the first 2 years. It rotated between PVE and PVP, so one patch would have a new 20 man or 10man, next would have a new battleground, or the huge conquest update.

I was being cheeky. I meant that we desperately need something new to talk about.
    Well, I've been giving Memoria Misera a try tonight. Pretty cool fight, the third phase was a bit touch and go until I worked out that the mechanics are linked to the shield type he uses, but overall a pretty fun boss all the same.

I also powered through Eden's Verse too -I do feel I came in a little over prepared though. I realise it's older content, but I still rolled up with a bunch of buffs and the guides ready to go if I needed a refresher. Turns out most of it was as simple as not falling over the edge. Go figure.

Not exactly new content, but new for me. So meh. I'm counting it.

Put my character into a portrait UI thingy, it actually didn't do bad considering it didn't even recognize my character as a person

10+ Year Old Account
    What the heck, did it sneeze onto the canvas?
    Clearly not wearing a mask, that AI!

10+ Year Old Account
    kinda looks like the murals in SHB.

Quote Originally Posted by StrawberryZebra View Post
    Well, I've been giving Memoria Misera a try tonight. Pretty cool fight, the third phase was a bit touch and go until I worked out that the mechanics are linked to the shield type he uses, but overall a pretty fun boss all the same.

I also powered through Eden's Verse too -I do feel I came in a little over prepared though. I realise it's older content, but I still rolled up with a bunch of buffs and the guides ready to go if I needed a refresher. Turns out most of it was as simple as not falling over the edge. Go figure.

Not exactly new content, but new for me. So meh. I'm counting it.
    Edens Verse Savage or Normal mode?

I actually haven't cleared Memoria Misera yet lol. I was meaning to do it, but I just haven't done anything but raid log recently. We're close to a Shiva kill, will hopefully hit enrage tonight, then get it Friday or maybe next week.

Granted I cleared E7S in pugs like 2 months ago, but FF7R was coming out in like 2 weeks so I didn't see any value in learning Shiva, only to be distracted by RE3R and FF7R for the next month and a half. Then I had to teach my static E5S-E7S and we lost 2 of our kid bois (the WoW team that came over to raid FF14).

Our BLM who left wasn't having fun. Our WHM who left, actually really likes the game, but actually finds raiding pretty hard and doesn't wanna do it anymore. Shiva broke him.

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Don't know man, I always leveled as a white mage and it' quite hilarious how little combat there is during leveling.
    I don't think TTK or which class flexxes mobs faster matters at all, since 90%+ of your playtime is spent traveling or watching cutscenes.
    Agreed, that's my point as well.

I actually haven't cleared Memoria Misera yet lol. I was meaning to do it, but I just haven't done anything but raid log recently. We're close to a Shiva kill, will hopefully hit enrage tonight, then get it Friday or maybe next week.

Granted I cleared E7S in pugs like 2 months ago, but FF7R was coming out in like 2 weeks so I didn't see any value in learning Shiva, only to be distracted by RE3R and FF7R for the next month and a half. Then I had to teach my static E5S-E7S and we lost 2 of our kid bois (the WoW team that came over to raid FF14).

Our BLM who left wasn't having fun. Our WHM who left, actually really likes the game, but actually finds raiding pretty hard and doesn't wanna do it anymore. Shiva broke him.

Agreed, that's my point as well.
    It took me like 30 minutes to clear memoria, granted I was in full BiS 500 ilvl stuff lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Our WHM who left, actually really likes the game, but actually finds raiding pretty hard and doesn't wanna do it anymore. Shiva broke him.
    Yup raiding, esp as a healer, can be pretty stressful and annoying. Fun/challenging on one hand but I often was completely beat after the raid.
    I was tired of it after around a year. As a shadow priest I lasted 8,5 years.

Thankfully, due to the lagginess since ShB, the game decided for me and back into my retirement rocking chair I went. Now I lend moral support to my former raidmates.

Normal mode - I was doing them for the sole intention of unlocking the Savage modes. Just queued up for them through the duty finder and sailed through without any major issues. Genuinely been the first lot of raiding I've done in FF14, I've usually used it as a low effort game when I just can't be bothered playing anything more taxing and just want to switch off for an hour or so. That's mostly limted me to doing solo activities, dungeons and the odd 24 man raid here and there.

But since I've managed to wrap up Ny'alotha, I thought I'd try some raiding in FF14 for a change of pace.

Hoping to have a look at Savage over the weekend, when I've got a little bit more gear behind me. Spent most of my play time today getting a Relic Weapon to ditch the 430 one I somehow got my hands on while leveling. Even pushed the boat out and bothered to load it up with Materia too.

I'll most definately be pugging Savage too, but I've never been one to really be put off by it *shrug*

Quote Originally Posted by Nasuuna View Post
    It took me like 30 minutes to clear memoria, granted I was in full BiS 500 ilvl stuff lol
    Got it done in 5-6 pulls so. Mostly had the hang of it a few pulls in, after that it was all down to the execution. Though I'm not even close to ilevel 500, punching in at a not so mighty 460. It didn't seem to make all that much difference really, it's a fight that's all about handling the mechanics, the various colours of X and stacking on the healers especially gave us problems. It just sort of clicked for me as soon as I worked out how Phase 3 worked though.

Yup raiding, esp as a healer, can be pretty stressful and annoying
    I've never found it to be that bad on the whole. Then again, I do raid mostly as a tank and the change of pace is nice to have. Also, since the repeated changes since Heavensward, Scholar is now total easy mode which probably helps as well. Very little mechanical complexity under the hood and most of the big impactful skills are on reasonably short cooldowns anyway, Seraph excluded.

It makes it a very forgiving Job to play, to the point where sometimes it feels like I can just use whatever and it'll be okay.

I was also a guild leader during the TBC Sunwell era. I've chilled out a lot since then, but I really don't think anything is going to top that for being stressful.

10+ Year Old Account
    Got it done in 5-6 pulls so. Mostly had the hang of it a few pulls in, after that it was all down to the execution.
    Erm.. you do realize he is talking about savage, right?

I'm just no longer in the mood to stress out over my performance in a video game. Esp after a full day of work.
    How stressful your job as a healer really is depends on your group. Mine was pretty gimpy at times so you try to compensate as much as you can.

Went in with a couple of static members in a PUG for Memoria EX and cleared it in 4-5 pulls, even with most folks going "uh which one was that?" concerning the different shields, heh.

Static is on LR prog of E8S (yay) but schedule shuffle has slowed that down a wee bit...plus we are forever stuck trying to fill our last spot (which seems to alternate between dps or healer).

I'm only on during non-raid time because I'm closing in on long-term goal in game: 5k S rank kills. Just got the triceratops mount last weekend

Expecting them to announce the NA Fanfest being cancelled during next LL, since the Fanfest follows fairly close behind Blizzcon, or at least has historically.

Erm.. you do realize he is talking about savage, right?
    I did the Extreme version. Got to the end of the Relic quest and it was "Meh, might as well check out that Trial I unlocked, take this weapon for a test drive". Jumped in the first learning group I found on the Party Finder and rolled with it. To be honest, we got more than a little lucky with the final kill, but they all count - No matter how messy they are.

I wasn't aware there was a Savage mode - I can't seem to find it anywhere?

Mine was pretty gimpy at times so you try to compensate as much as you can.
    My entire FF14 social circle consists of just me. Insert Forever Alone meme here.

No one seems to have gotten around to making an FC for nasty, horrible people who enjoy savage banter and sarcasm .

10+ Year Old Account
    I wasn't aware there was a Savage mode - I can't seem to find it anywhere?
    Eh no there isn't, silly me was thinking you were talking about Shiva (E8).

- - - Updated - - -

My entire FF14 social circle consists of just me. Insert Forever Alone meme here.
    No one seems to have gotten around to making an FC for nasty, horrible people who enjoy savage banter and sarcasm .
    Just start one yourself.

shivas breaking a lot of people. my static finally cleared after people dropping left and right set us back for a month. this raid had a really weird difficulty curve. 5 seems more difficult for people than 6 and 7. then going from 7 to 8 is a HUGE jump.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by threadz View Post
    5 seems more difficult for people than 6 and 7. then going from 7 to 8 is a HUGE jump.
    Aye, my raiding group has lots of trouble getting 5 to a reliable farm status.
    They waste so much time on 5, they haven'T gotten 6 down yet.

Something's definitely off, they typically kill the first one within the first 2 IDs.

Hoping to have a look at Savage over the weekend, when I've got a little bit more gear behind me.

I'll most definately be pugging Savage too, but I've never been one to really be put off by it *shrug*
    Pugging is fine. Just might take a while to fill learning parties this late in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by threadz View Post
    shivas breaking a lot of people. my static finally cleared after people dropping left and right set us back for a month. this raid had a really weird difficulty curve. 5 seems more difficult for people than 6 and 7. then going from 7 to 8 is a HUGE jump.
    Yeah, the lack of a checkpoint on a 15 min fight is a little bit out of the normal for them. As a tank, I actually found E5 and E7 trivial. I actually cleared E7S in like 6 pulls in pugs. E6 though was tricky to learn. Shiva is a pain in the ass with boss movements being obnoxiously tight.

Just start one yourself.
    I probably would have, but (at the risk of upsetting and setting off the people who think FF14 is perfect in every way...), I feel as though my ability to get something like that off the ground has been hamstrung before I even get started simply due to how some of the social functions work.

Not being able to pm people in a group is a huge barrier for me. Not being able to requeue is another problem, so on those rare occasions when I do find people who I click with so turning that into a social contact is difficult.

You also don't appear to be able to pm people from other realms without first adding them to friends list, nor communicate with them outside of a Linkshell?

I'm one of those people who has never really fit well into the FF14 social structure. I'm either off doing my own thing alone, or wanting others to put at least some effort into group content. One of those requires no input from other players, and the other can clash badly with the more casual FF14 players in group content. Not only the "you don't pay my sub!" crowd, but those who are taking things a little bit too relaxed for my liking and are either doing less than the bare minimum, or else are performing so badly that they're doing half the DPS of the healer.

And there are lots of player groups who can fall into the former catagory. Players who are there for story, glamour etc are often in group content with goals that can conflict with my own. When you take all those into account, it's easy to see why I rarely run into people with the same kind of goals as I do. It doesn't always end with conflict of interests and personalities, but at the same time we're never going to be in game best buddies and go ride Chocobos, slay Weapons and go on pub crawls through Ul'dah together either.

Then there are people who are playing on PS4. The lack of keyboard makes communication beyond the preset chat options somewhat difficult.

It would feel too much like an uphill struggle to get a free company like that even off the ground. I'd be all for giving it a go, but most of the FF14 player base is too upbeat and friendly for Les Miserables (What I would absolutely call an FC for jaded, sarcastic bastards like myself).

Pugging is fine. Just might take a while to fill learning parties this late in the game.
    I was planning on just starting my own if I couldn't find one; it's always been my go-to solution for grouping anyway. Then again, I've rarely not been able to fill at least some of the spots with friends, so who knows how it'll go in FF14. It'll either be epic, or an epic fail. Only one way to find out!

I'm pissed and ready to quit.

All I want to do is level an alt (arcanist) to 30, so I can heal dungeons to 50 as scholar.

I am at level 12 and have not finished hunting logs because I don’t know where the mobs I’m supposed to kill are. So I’m doing FATEs until 20, which is when I can do dungeons. But I'm sitting here with my thumb up my ass.

People say it’s great that you can level all your classes on 1 character... but I’d rather start a new one with MSQs than sit around waiting for FATEs to pop up. This is ridiculous.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AryuFate View Post
    I'm pissed and ready to quit.

All I want to do is level an alt (arcanist) to 30, so I can heal dungeons to 50 as scholar.

I am at level 12 and have not finished hunting logs because I don’t know where the mobs I’m supposed to kill are. So I’m doing FATEs until 20, which is when I can do dungeons. But I'm sitting here with my thumb up my ass.

People say it’s great that you can level all your classes on 1 character... but I’d rather start a new one with MSQs than sit around waiting for FATEs to pop up. This is ridiculous.
    Hunting Log Locations, and you can always do palace of the dead instead of waiting for fates to pop.