10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    You feel bad for a murderer, huh?
    Who did he kill? Not in the loop.

The officer who suffocated George Floyd was Derek Chauvin, they just released his name.
    Last edited by Ettan; 2020-05-29 at 07:18 PM. Reason: typo

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ettan View Post
    Who did he kill? Not in the loop.

The officer who suffocated the George Floyd was Derek Chauvin, they just released his name.
    Ah, my mistake. Pederson is the arsonist, not the murderer.

Same point applies, though; some bitches need to take their hands off their pearls.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Frankly, jail the precinct chief too.

There is a score of complaints against the murderer for their prior conduct. That no action was taken until it escalated to fatal levels is an indictment on them as well.
    That's a reason to possibly fire the precinct chief...but not for criminal charges.

I just saw the video. That is outright fucking murder and that cop should be in jail for the rest of his life at the very fucking least.

I'm not cheering until verdict. Charades happens a lot.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Egomaniac View Post
    That's a reason to possibly fire the precinct chief...but not for criminal charges.
    Possibly? This problem is systemic and goes deeper than just one officer or even the four on scene. And we're not talking about a few people who might of fucked up on their jobs at Wal-Mart.

The chief needs to go and be investigated. Why was the murder allowed to be on patrol? Why are his officers, at the very least, cowards when it comes to actually protecting people. Why is this PD so problematic?

The roaches are in the foundation, better to just burn the house down and start all over.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    Possibly? This problem is systemic and goes deeper than just one officer or even the four on scene. And we're not talking about a few people who might of fucked up on their jobs at Wal-Mart.

The chief needs to go and be investigated. Why was the murder allowed to be on patrol? Why are his officers, at the very least, cowards when it comes to actually protecting people. Why is this PD so problematic?

The roaches are in the foundation, better to just burn the house down and start all over.
    Well this is turning into a nice little witchhunt

Yes, investigated... which could possibly lead to him being fired.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DKjaigen View Post
    The difference, of course, is that witches are fictional and don't actually exist, whereas corrupt police precincts and departments with serious racism and abuse issues are very much real.

"Witchhunts" are bad because there are no witches to be found, so you end up targeting innocents. Racisthunts don't face the same issue, because racists do exist. A racist officer, not to mention an officer with a history of excessive force and abuse, managing to continue his career after any incident (and this murderer had multiple incidents over many years) is pretty conclusive evidence that there's systemic support for such abuses in his precinct if not his entire department. Any reasonable police department would've canned his ass with the first problematic issue.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    The difference, of course, is that witches are fictional and don't actually exist, whereas corrupt police precincts and departments with serious racism and abuse issues are very much real.

"Witchhunts" are bad because there are no witches to be found, so you end up targeting innocents. Racisthunts don't face the same issue, because racists do exist.
    I mean shit, you can't swing a cat in an American law enforcement organization without hitting a racist. Just look at ICE.
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

To be fair, the officer that has been fired and now charged with murder had over a dozen complaints against him...most of them dismissed. So yeah...investigate the precinct chief as to how that happened.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ex-Minneapolis police officer Derek Chauvin charged with murder in George Floyd case

Derek Chauvin, who was fired on Tuesday along with three other officers involved in the detainment of Floyd, was taken into custody Friday and faces charges of 3rd-degree murder and manslaughter, Hennepin County Attorney Mike Freeman announced.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yep, everyone's reporting it now.

It might look like "took them long enough" but especially against a cop, you don't press charges knee-jerk. You make sure you have reason, before you dishearten the rest of the force. There are no good options, but this was the least bad.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, investigated... which could possibly lead to him being fired.
    Lol, probably?

I would not bet on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post

It might look like "took them long enough" but especially against a cop, you don't press charges knee-jerk. You make sure you have reason, before you dishearten the rest of the force. There are no good options, but this was the least bad.
    Well, not the least bad. They could have arrested the officer sooner and delayed pressing the charges.

- - - Updated - - -

Lol, probably?

I would not bet on it.
    I didn't say "Probably". Learn to read before you jump on my case.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, not the least bad. They could have arrested the officer sooner and delayed pressing the charges.
    They could, but I'm not convinced that's a good move in the eyes of the police during rioting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is a witch hunt a witch hunt if the witch is real?

Not holding people accountable is why American PD is corrupted now.

- - - Updated - - -

I didn't say "Probably". Learn to read before you jump on my case.
    Probably/possibly. Difference?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post

I'm gonna say it, but: who cares? We are still having these sorts of killings in 2020 - "disheartening the rest of the force by punishing a racist swiftly" should not be a primary consideration.

Fuck the police.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post

"Witchhunts" are bad because there are no witches to be found, so you end up targeting innocents. Racisthunts don't face the same issue, because racists do exist. A racist officer, not to mention an officer with a history of excessive force and abuse, managing to continue his career after any incident (and this murderer had multiple incidents over many years) is pretty conclusive evidence that there's systemic support for such abuses in his precinct if not his entire department. Any reasonable police department would've canned his ass with the first problematic issue.
    For somebody that knows so much about witches you certainly make a lot of the same mistakes as the witch hunters of old. Good going!

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm gonna say it, but: who cares?
    I would think the people in a city with active riots would care.