Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    I will keep saying it, based on the timing of Chinese new year this virus has been over here since at least mid Feb, it is impossible with the population density of China and amount of plane travel that someone did not bring it back. That doesn't downplay the danger of it because it is a scary virus but people need to use logic when trying to tell me it isn't possible it was here before their first confirmed cases which requires it to have been spreading for people to have it/test positive for it, and these people must think planes don't exist and the earth is flat because there are so many factors being overlooked that logical people would not overlook.
    Feb is certainly possible. But we've had people in this thread talk about November which is bollocks.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    Feb is certainly possible. But we've had people in this thread talk about November which is bollocks.
    Like early Feb is when my family and I had what I can only assume was covid-19 but they denied us testing because it was "too early' to have it, but I was sick for about 4 with 2 weeks of lingering effects, and my in-laws for almost 8 with lingering effects, and we all had the full list of symptoms and borderline bad enough to be hospitalized but luckily we all got over it without having to go.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    People? What kind of people would possibly say that?

*cough, cough*

I forgot to mention logic dictates that since the first confirmed case was in November of last year this virus has definitely been spreading for longer undiagnosed. My guess is late summer when it probably began.
    Summer ends in September so it is possible, I said late summer which implies the last week or so of September.
    I keep saying it, the damn thing has been transmitted since the late summer. A lot of us already had it and had no idea.
    I mean there's definitely hundreds of thousands of undiagnosed cases worldwide as it has very likely been spreading since sometime in late summer.
    Well the first confirmed case was in November because that is when they actually had a test that could positively id the damn thing. If people think it hasn't spread before then in some capacity they are foolish.
    We are almost positive we had it towards the beginning of January / end of December...

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    People? What kind of people would possibly say that?

*cough, cough*
    I mean I was pretty high all winter, I double checked when I was sick and it was very early February. I looked back into the summer and it was some kind of H1N1 like strain that was going around then.

10+ Year Old Account
    I mean I was pretty high all winter, I double checked when I was sick and it was very early February. I looked back into the summer and it was some kind of H1N1 like strain that was going around then.
    Okay, fair enough. February is at least possible.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    Okay, fair enough. February is at least possible.
    Ya I tried to correct myself but this thread is getting insanely huge and for some reason searching an entire thread takes forever.

Quote Originally Posted by stevenho View Post
    What, you mean like South Korea? Or if you need EU - Slovakia?
    And many others?
    Heh.
    Wrong. South Korea - total cases 11,402. Deaths averaged out per day last year - 844. They also just Re -implemented lockdown procedures. So much for going away. I'd say you have no idea whats going on in this pandemic. You are willfully misconstruing data and using information in a false manner. I dont see any logical discussion to be had here.

To continue a good discussion, 6 countries now have begun to go back on damage control by going back on some form of lockdown. Looks like they are starting to flare up once again. Doubt the US will do anything. We'll just suffer through it this round.

The WHO also said those who are healthy shouldn't need to wear a face mask. Working in them all day really does suck.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Määh, I doubt this bug is dangerous enough to cause these kind of scenarios. at least not in western countries.
    I also doubt that we will get into such aggressive lockdowns on a nation wide again scale. The following lockdowns will be more targeted at local hotspots.

I know people here dislike reading this but I don't think SARS-CoV-2 turned out to be quite as dangerous as people initially thought it would be.
    You're entitled to your opinion, of course, and I'm entitled to my worries, which come from first-hand experience (lost a perfectly healthy and young friend to it within 6 days of symptoms showing, lost a few acquaintances I cared relatively little for but were nonetheless young and healthy, heard accounts from a friend of mine and the brother of another friend of mine who both work in COVID-Units and they were nightmare fuel - also their faces were maimed by stress, I dare say they looked shell-shocked, and last but not least, I know people who are struggling economically and will probably struggle even more because they won't be able to keep their businesses going), so yeah, it's pretty damn scary to me. And aside from personal experience, I follow whatever gets posted in sites such as the umn's CIDRAP and equivalents from all over the world, and there's very little optimism to be drawn from them.
    And it's not just a viral plague. It has already become a psychological plague. People are either scared shitless of violating social distancing, or display an utter and complete disregard for their health and those of others, by refusing to wear masks to downright spout inanities such as "the virus doesn't exist" - which is a normal reaction psychological reaction (denial) after months of lockdown I suppose, but not a comforting one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adolecent View Post
    I'm getting infracted by an American moderator on an American topic promoting/advocating weapons on a childrens forum, what else to expect on an American forum. I'm done here and i'm going to leave you one thing to remember:
    [extremely graphic picture of dead children]
    Hope you sleep well. With the lack of empathy the majority of you show i guess that won't be a problem. BB

...and in India; Its Coronavirus Caseload Soaring, India Is Reopening Anyway

Migrant workers are becoming infected at an alarmingly high rate, leading to fresh outbreaks in villages across northern India. Public hospitals in Mumbai are so overwhelmed that patients have taken to sleeping on cardboard in the hallways.

Doctors fear that the lockdown, which started over two months ago, has been eased too soon, after slowing the virus but failing to flatten the new-case curve as effectively as other nations have. If India does not find a way to curb the virus in high-risk states, epidemiologists project that its total caseload could approach a million within several weeks.

Now, the resumption of cross-country transportation and industry has raised the prospect that previously spared states may find themselves confronted with imported outbreaks.

But many Indians seem ready to venture out, despite the numbers.

After weeks of self-isolating at home, Mujtaba Rizvi, an artist living in Chennai, said he went for a walk last weekend and was stunned by what he saw. Streets were clogged with cars. Shoppers spilled out of crowded shops without wearing masks or observing social distancing.

At this point, Mr. Rizvi said, it appeared there was no turning back.

“Freedom comes at a price, and people seem to be ready to pay,” he said. “Even if more people die now, it would be difficult to send us back into isolation.”

10+ Year Old Account
    As an American how embarrassed you feel that you have this baboon leading your country?

Quote Originally Posted by Coolthulhu View Post
    You're entitled to your opinion, of course, and I'm entitled to my worries, which come from first-hand experience (lost a perfectly healthy and young friend to it within 6 days of symptoms showing, lost a few acquaintances I cared relatively little for but were nonetheless young and healthy, heard accounts from a friend of mine and the brother of another friend of mine who both work in COVID-Units and they were nightmare fuel - also their faces were maimed by stress, I dare say they looked shell-shocked, and last but not least, I know people who are struggling economically and will probably struggle even more because they won't be able to keep their businesses going), so yeah, it's pretty damn scary to me. And aside from personal experience, I follow whatever gets posted in sites such as the umn's CIDRAP and equivalents from all over the world, and there's very little optimism to be drawn from them.
    And it's not just a viral plague. It has already become a psychological plague. People are either scared shitless of violating social distancing, or display an utter and complete disregard for their health and those of others, by refusing to wear masks to downright spout inanities such as "the virus doesn't exist" - which is a normal reaction psychological reaction (denial) after months of lockdown I suppose, but not a comforting one.
    wow,if i was you i would be playing the lotto with luck like that,overall mortality rate is 3%,thats counting the high risk people,young and healthy is at like 0.1%,you PERSONALY knowing all these healthy and young people dying from it,either means you know atleast a few milion people or someone is dishonest

Quote Originally Posted by Keosen View Post
    As an American how embarrassed you feel that you have this baboon leading your country?
    Honestly, the first lot of times I saw that tweet posted around I thought it was just a silly hoax.

This isn't the worst timeline but it's a fucking weird one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    Honestly, the first lot of times I saw that tweet posted around I thought it was just a silly hoax.

This isn't the worst timeline but it's a fucking weird one.
    I get that its bad for people in usa,but you have to admit its a real life parody,99% of his tweets you could swear are hoaxes if you didnt know any better

I feel more embarrassed knowing there are people who Still, genuinely think, he is a good choice. Even after he massively fumbled the handling of this pandemic. Zero leadership and Zero aid to the states. Heck, the feds were even confiscating ppe the states had to buy, themselves, thinking it was a part of some black market operation.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coolthulhu View Post
    Oh, absolutely it has.
    I blame the mass media for basically carpet bombing the people with "Corona News".

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Oh, absolutely it has.
    I blame the mass media for basically carpet bombing the people with "Corona News".
    The media is to blame for Warning about the Dangers of the Coronavirus when people won't listen to the News about the Dangers of Coronavirus?
    A Fetus is not a person under the 14th amendment.

Christians are Forced Birth Fascists against Human Rights who indoctrinate and groom children. Prove me wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by szechuan View Post
    The media is to blame for Warning about the Dangers of the Coronavirus when people won't listen to the News about the Dangers of Coronavirus?
    The media is to blame for basically not talking about anything else for 2 friggin months now. People are bound to get paranoid.
    Even my mother stopped to listen to the radio because she got fed up with there being no other topic of conversation anymore.

YMMV may vary, not sure if this is the case for every country.

On a personal level: I don't follow mass media much, due to a lack of interest. I prefer reading over watching some human shoot his mouth off.

15+ Year Old Account

Is he cheering them or what is that tweet supposed to mean?
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Societal pressures do seem to be building up.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Societal pressures do seem to be building up.
    More like political reality of the US since it's obvious the pandemic is now a political issue, too bad the virus doesn't give a shit.