10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DKjaigen View Post
    My dear witch hunter care to explain to me why this cop was racist?
    Murdering a black man for no reason other than that he was black, combined with a history of abuse of power and brutality towards other people of color.

This shit is not complicated, despite your attempts to defend racists and their violent abuses.

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    Okay Ms. Fizzle, thanks for the lesson in semantics
    It's not semantics

They are different words with different meanings

One means "Most likely to happen"
    The other means "It could happen"

Are we done yet?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aurrora View Post
    It was a targeted act of destruction in protest, nothing was looted for personal enrichment, nothing was unnecessarily destroyed. This is well documented.
    Yeah, no. Horseshit.

A lot of what goes on in riots has nothing to do with "personal enrichment" either. Arson and the like, for instance.
    Plenty of cases of tea were "unnecessarily destroyed". A gang of protestors rushed the ships to dump the tea. That's, like, the entire story; the unnecessary and illegal destruction of private property as an act of protest.

You're trying to draw a distinction between two destructive acts of rioting, and it's not really defensible.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Egomaniac View Post
    It could have mitigated or possibly even avoided the rioting.
    That's a good point, one I hadn't considered before.

I kinda find it amusing comparing dumping Tea owned by the https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/East_India_Company the same as burning down local stores, hell at one time they had a larger army than even the british, but as a side note even George Washington didn't seem to approve of destruction of private property.
    https://www.history.com/topics/ameri...ston-tea-party
    In June of 1774, George Washington wrote: “the cause of Boston…ever will be considered as the cause of America.” But his personal views of the event were far different. He voiced strong disapproval of “their conduct in destroying the Tea” and claimed Bostonians “were mad.” Washington, like many other elites, held private property to be sacrosanct.

*guess neither did Franklin,

LONDON, Feb. 2, 1774

Gentlemen: I received the Honour of your Letter dated Decr. 21, containing a distinct Account of the Proceedings at Boston relative to the Tea imported there, and of the Circumstances that occasioned its Destruction. I communicated the same to Lord Dartmouth, with some other Advices of the same import. It is yet unknown what Measures will be taken here on the Occasion; but the Clamour against the Proceedings is high and general. I am truly concern’d, as I believe all considerate Men are with you, that there should seem to any a Necessity for carrying Matters to such Extremity, as, in a Dispute about Publick Rights, to destroy private Property; This (notwithstanding the Blame justly due to those who obstructed the Return of the Tea) it is impossible to justify with People so prejudiced in favour of the Power of Parliament to tax America, as most are in this Country.

As the India Company however are not our Adversaries, and the offensive Measure of sending their Teas did not take its Rise with them, but was an Expedient of the Ministry to serve them and yet avoid a Repeal of the old Act, I cannot but wish & hope that before any compulsive Measures are thought of here, our General court will have shewn a Disposition to repair the Damage and make Compensation to the Company. This all our Friends here wish with me; and that if War is finally to be made upon us, which some threaten, an Act or violent injustice on our part, unrectified, may not give a colourable Pretence for it. A speedy Reparation will immediately set us right in the Opinion of all Europe. And tho’ the Mischief was the Act of Persons unknown, yet as probably they cannot be found or brought to answer for it, there seems to be some reasonable Claim on the Society at large in which it happened. Making voluntarily such Reparation can be no Dishonour to us or Prejudice to our Claim or Rights, since Parliament here has frequently considered in the same Light similar Cases; and only a few Years since, when a valuable Saw-mill, which had been destroyed by a Number of Persons supposed to be Sawyers, but unknown, a Grant was made out of the Publick Treasury of Two Thousand Pounds to the Owner as a Compensation—I hope in thus freely (and perhaps too forwardly) expressing my Sentiments & Wishes, I shall not give Offence to any. I am sure I mean well; being over with sincere Affection to my native Country, and great Respect to the Assembly and yourselves,

Gentlemen, Your most obedient and most humble Servant

B. FRANKLIN,

Honble Thomas Cushing, Sam’l Adams, John Hancock, William Phillips, Esquires.

So, tinfoil hat time - was the officer arrested because of the public pressure and riots, or was he finally arrested because the slowpokes did their job?
    P.S.
    3rd degree murder is a funny definition, as it seems only 3 states have it, including of course Minesota.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Take that haters.
    IF IM STUPID, so is Donald Trump.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Easo View Post
    So, tinfoil hat time - was the officer arrested because of the public pressure and riots, or was he finally arrested because the slowpokes did their job?
    P.S.
    3rd degree murder is a funny definition, as it seems only 3 states have it, including of course Minesota.
    The former. MPD are incompetent jackasses, there's no chance they did this without external pressure.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    I'm curious how you're supposed to abandon a skin color or ethnicity.

But thanks for outing yourself as an opponent of freedom of thought and worship. Just how fashy are you gonna get before you leave this thread, I wonder?
    That's really your fault for not activating the privilege status and setting your genetic parameters properly before choosing to be born into this world.

Sorry not sorry.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PosPosPos View Post
    That's really your fault for not activating the privilege status and setting your genetic parameters properly before choosing to be born into this world.

Sorry not sorry.
    Oh good that post was saved for posterity so people can stop pretending that the person I replied to is anything but a garden variety fascist.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Saninicus View Post
    I'm still waiting for you to prove I'm alt-right. You made the claim. Back it up. Here's a thought experiment. Can pospospos have a civil conversation without insults?
    Sure. That you don't seem to merit that level of effort would be cause for self-reflection, in most.
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Speak of the devil you haven't proved shit either mr we're only slightly less opressed than blacks.
    I'm not obligated to prove a strawman Karen, lol.

If I were a black person I would simply ask to speak to the police's manager.

Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    The article doesn't say whether the suspect was ever breathing or if he ever regained consciousness after he was put on the stretcher. Which is weird.

Anyways I'm sure the idiot cop will be fired but I don't think there will be a "murder" conviction since that requires intentionality as opposed to negligence.
    He should be charged with 2nd degree murder. "An unlawful killing without premeditation". Intent doesn't matter the cop def murdered the guy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Yes, I think a company should be legally allowed to refuse to serve black people.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    I don't know what you are watching, but it isn't fucking reality.
    Hes talking about me saying Joe Biden has dementia. LOL

I'm still waiting for you to prove I'm alt-right.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    Sure. That you don't seem to merit that level of effort would be cause for self-reflection, in most.
    As a regular volunteer at an elderly home, naturally I get to deal with my fair share of the moderately to severely senile. The usual cycle when interacting with them is:
    1) they ask you a question, usually something mundane like the time of the day, or when is the next meal, etc
    2) the staff answers them
    3) then they immediately ask the same question again

By now the staff, including me, knows full well that answering the question is pointless, because they are literally incapable of storing the memory. Now the catch is, if you don't respond to them at all, what can happen is they keep pestering you until you answer, or worse, have a meltdown because they are being ignored. Then nobody gets to have anything done, because all the time is wasted placating them.

So the most effective trick here we as staff figured out, is to distract them with something else that's tangentially related, like for example, if they asked you for the time of the day you could engage them in a game of finding the clock, and if they asked when is the next meal, you ask them to guess what they think is going to be prepared.

Of course, there's a fundamental difference between the senile elderly and those like Saninicus, in that the latter is self-inflicted much like pathological liars with lying where the former isn't, but it should still work. So Saninicus, let's play a game of "stop defending racist murderers". Can you stop defending racist murderers dearie?
    Last edited by PosPosPos; 2020-05-29 at 08:31 PM.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

Thread about the riots that cost multiple lives already gets closed. This BLM circle jerk stays open. Bias much?

Trump thinks that should literally apply to all social media companies, including this site.

He. Hates. Freedom. Of. Speech.
    I mean using what you pass off as knowledge at best you can argue he hates restrictions on freedom of speech. The ability to silence people even if your goal is simply to make something more productive isn't free speech but people are going to try and lawyer a way to around that.

Quote Originally Posted by Easo View Post
    P.S.
    They probably arrested him in hopes protestors would stop burning the city down, but now they’re gonna protest over the lenient charge of 3rd degree.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Egomaniac View Post
    It's not semantics

They are different words with different meanings

One means "Most likely to happen"
    The other means "It could happen"

Are we done yet?
    And the difference between the two in the context that they are used is insignificant. Literally.

Are you done playing grammar police because your post didn't turn out the way you wanted it to?

Resident Cosplay Progressive

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thereturn View Post
    Thread about the riots that cost multiple lives already gets closed. This BLM circle jerk stays open. Bias much?
    No lives matter until black lives matter.

Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    They probably arrested him in hopes protestors would stop burning the city down, but now they’re gonna protest over the lenient charge of 3rd degree.
    3rd degree murder is bullshit. 25 years maximum sentence for 3rd degree murder in Minnesota. Thats some big time horse shit right there.
    Yes, I think a company should be legally allowed to refuse to serve black people.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    I don't know what you are watching, but it isn't fucking reality.
    Hes talking about me saying Joe Biden has dementia. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Laughingjack View Post
    I mean using what you pass off as knowledge at best you can argue he hates restrictions on freedom of speech. The ability to silence people even if your goal is simply to make something more productive isn't free speech but people are going to try and lawyer a way to around that.
    You mean the guy literally calling to revoke the framework that protects internet companies from liability for what other people say?

Yeah, it's that fucking simple.

The First Amendment would like to have a chat with you. You could argue whatever you want, but you'd be wrong. Then again, you seem to almost want to be wrong, so do whatever you like.

This is literally Trump opposing free speech.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Laughingjack View Post
    TIL saying violent and bigoted things are things that private sites must protect.

Because there are plenty of conservatives that manage to not be twatwaffle son twitter that dont get banned.