Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    I'm fairly certain mutation is exactly how you become a new species/race. Mutation is the underlying principle of evolution.
    Over multiple generations. A singular, forced mutation without a generation jump does not qualify for that.

Evolution never applies if the change doesn't happen over successive generations, no matter how big it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Pury View Post
    I am all for giving the Alliance High Elves, but this customization options still not really the thing. Void elves still have their name, and their racials, same with Blood elves. Why can't Blizzard stop beeing such a dicks and finally make proper High elves, with the name and racials?
    Because three races of the same race is fucking stupid, especially when most players just wanted pink skinned elves on Alliance. High Elves don't have enough to racially distinct themselves from the Blood Elves in terms of player racials either.

Adding an entirely new race based on a name on the character select screen and racials is ridiculous.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nagawithlegs View Post
    Because three races of the same race is fucking stupid, especially when most players just wanted pink skinned elves on Alliance. High Elves don't have enough to racially distinct themselves from the Blood Elves in terms of player racials either.

Adding an entirely new race based on a name on the character select screen and racials is ridiculous.
    Blizzard could of done something if they wanted to distinct High Elves from Blood Elves and apparently its not much when we considered Allied races. We got what we got but please don't act like its dumb to have High Elves playable, people wanted it for a reason.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Blizzard could of done something if they wanted to distinct High Elves from Blood Elves and apparently its not much when we considered Allied races. We got what we got but please don't act like its dumb to have High Elves playable, people wanted it for a reason.
    It is dumb to ask for it now.

10+ Year Old Account
    It is dumb to ask for it now.
    Yeah at this point even the most hardcore high elf fans should realize they won't be added as a separate race. I've wanted HEs in the Alliance for a long time, and I'm ok with the current compromise. I won't fool myself that there's still a fighting chance that they'll be added as a separate race (with racials, heritage armor and maybe paladins) in current WoW, but the HE fans will still probably keep asking for a few more things regarding customization, it's inevitable. Still, most of the fight is over at this point.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Mutation does not change your race. They're still High/Blood Elves biologically.
    It's not some minor mutation.
    Their bodies were fundamentally changed by that void Ritual.

The oversized void smurfs, are in fact a different elven race.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    It's not some minor mutation.
    Their bodies were fundamentally changed by that void Ritual.

The oversized void smurfs, are in fact a different elven race.
    If a gorilla took steroids does that make it a human?

Quote Originally Posted by Halfaheart View Post
    If a gorilla took steroids does that make it a human?
    All animals have steroids.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Mutation does not change your race. They're still High/Blood Elves biologically.
    Eh, I dunno. Broken are pretty far from Draenei, considering that they are also cut off from the Light.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    Eh, I dunno. Broken are pretty far from Draenei, considering that they are also cut off from the Light.
    Being cut off from the Light doesn't really make sense as the reason for the mutation. Pre-Sargeras Eredar were mostly Arcane focused species, and they kept up their health just fine.

Becoming Broken is probably form of Fel poisoning (as opposed to Fel Empowerment that Man'are Eredar got from Legion) as it happened on Draenor after Orcs attacked Shattrath with their demonic poison gas to invidual saffected by said poison. Being cut off from the Light is symptom of the poisoning, but not reason for the mutation. On Argus the Krokul became Broken simply by living on that shithole for few millenia and absorbing the corruption around them.

7+ Year Old Account
    Guess no build for this week.

Formerly known as Arafal

Hope it's something significant next week then cause this was like 3 weeks of drinking luke warm tea.

I definitely got my hopes up a bit, but we did get blue post news about elves this week, so it's not like nothing happened. Still, looking forward to some info about other races and hopefully covenants sometime soon.

So what about this short story that seems to allude to aa Lor'themar+Thalyssra romance?
    Not quite sure what teh story benefits from these two shacking up together, but what do I know.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    So what about this short story that seems to allude to aa Lor'themar+Thalyssra romance?
    Not quite sure what teh story benefits from these two shacking up together, but what do I know.
    Considering this is hinted at by 8.3 as well (8.2 if you want to count their team up there) I think it's building to something in game. I don't think Thalyssra is likely to die (or Lor, but he COULD bite it to place Liadrin in charge) but there is a chance that Lor will be coming into Shadowlands because of Kael being there.

Thalyssra is likely on standby until we return to the Azshara story.

Also, making the Nightborne and Blood Elves even stronger tied through two of their lore figures. This matches up with the High Elf/Void Elf thing... and it distances the Forsaken even farther from the Blood Elves. Who the hell are going to be their friends in the Horde?
    Last edited by Nagawithlegs; 2020-05-29 at 09:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    Just shipper fuel basically.

Is it wrong for Blizzard to hide the Night Elf story behind "no spoilers" ?

7+ Year Old Account
    The words, “Go, you love-addled buffoon, or I will strangle you myself” might even have left Rommath’s lips before Lor’themar departed.
    I want more of Rommaths anger management issues.

Formerly known as Arafal

Is it wrong for Blizzard to hide the Night Elf story behind "no spoilers" ?
    @ the comment in your picture: Let's be fair, do you really want them to tackle Teldrassil? Do you?

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    @ the comment in your picture: Let's be fair, do you really want them to tackle Teldrassil? Do you?
    That probably lead to little other than injured shoulders.