Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Warcraft Short Story: "A Moment in Verse", Bastion Polygon Interview, DLC #727

Warcraft Short Story: "A Moment in Verse"
    Blizzard has released a new Warcraft Short Story: "A Moment in Verse" by Madeleine Roux.

Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    “War has come, war will come again, I am old enough to have watched my people rise and fall and rise once more, and I myself have withered like the winter tree before blossoming anew.”

A new World of Warcraft short story is now available to read: A Moment in Verse!

First Arcanist Thalyssra and Regent-Lord Lor'themar Theron set aside the troubles of their individual worlds to spend one beautiful evening in a contest of verse—and in each other's hearts.

We’re excited to share this bright and charming new tale by Madeleine Roux (author of the upcoming Shadows Rising novel) with everyone, and we hope you enjoy a brief escape into the tranquility of Suramar. Read it now.

Stay safe and healthy, everyone!

Polygon Interview with Steve Danuser and Johnny Cash
    Polygon recently interviewed lead narrative designer Steve Danuser and senior game designer Johnny Cash to find out more about the creation of Bastion.

• Bastion resembles a traditional Heaven and is the first starting zone in Shadowlands. Players that pledge to the Kyrian covenant will play a major part in changing the Kyrian society and unlock new abilities.
    • Odyn based the Val'kyr off the Kyrians, the creatures he saw when he pierced through the veil and looked into the Shadowlands.
    • A quest will feature a Tauren taking the trials of the Kyrian. Players will help this Tauren, which ultimately turns into a Kyrian himself.

Blue Tweets
    Ion Hazzikostas has shared some info about the recent changes to Ineffable Truth and the Blood Elves and Void Elves Customization that's coming in Shadowlands.

Dark Legacy Comics #727
    DLC #727 has been released.

Last edited by Lumy; 2020-05-29 at 09:13 PM.

Kicking the tank, so the DPS are dependent on the healer to find a tank replacement in this decade.
    Smart.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavox View Post
    Kicking the tank, so the DPS are dependent on the healer to find a tank replacement in this decade.
    Smart.
    That and starting a vote to kick, knowing people dont read them fully.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Isn't Thalyssra like 2+ feet taller than Bob?

We know who the little spoon is.

No, no, no, no. War, not love. Warcraft, not Lovecraft.

Oh..

Omg I actually did the exact same thing once from the DLC. I was a tank instead of a healer where I was getting the full blame for something that wasn't my fault (the other 4 members were from the same guild), I started up a vote to kick with the description ''NOOB TANK'' for one of their members and they actually kicked him out. The rest of the group left aswell, filled up with new randoms and easily cleared the rest of the dungeon.

7+ Year Old Account
    I really liked that story, it's really nice to get to know what certain characters (that isn't shoved into our face all the time) are up to in the background.

Quote Originally Posted by Stelio Kontos View Post
    Isn't Thalyssra like 2+ feet taller than Bob?

We know who the little spoon is.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post
    Still shorter, but also, boss-type NPCs are larger than their race's canonical heights, I thought.

This uses the more accurate actual player race heights.

Blood Elf Male: 6'3
    Nightborne/Night Elf Female: 6'9

Bob's the little spoon. How adorable.

Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post

Oh..

This made me laugh good sir.

I'm just going to say this now: If you have come to this sometimes cesspool of a site to crap on this short story, you're not a fan of the game or its world. That's ok, and you don't have to stay a fan forever, you're allowed to dislike World of Warcraft, but be real with yourself: you're just hate-watching the game now.

This was a sublime piece of elf culture and world building in a corner that is often an afterthought. Writing elves into the world and story is different than giving them a resonating culture that will be loved by those who play elves for all the right reasons. This was the best WoW "elf piece" I've ever read. They've involved elves in the story a lot over the past two expansions, but this was a pinnacle moment of appreciating their culture. I look forward to reading the book this author is preparing us to lead into shadowlands!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Omedon View Post
    I'm just going to say this now: If you have come to this sometimes cesspool of a site to crap on this short story, you're not a fan of the game or its world. That's ok, and you don't have to stay a fan forever, you're allowed to dislike World of Warcraft, but be real with yourself: you're just hate-watching the game now.

This was a sublime piece of elf culture and world building in a corner that is often an afterthought. Writing elves into the world and story is different than giving them a resonating culture that will be loved by those who play elves for all the right reasons. This was the best WoW "elf piece" I've ever read. They've involved elves in the story a lot over the past two expansions, but this was a pinnacle moment of appreciating their culture. I look forward to reading the book this author is preparing us to lead into shadowlands!
    I totally loved this story and would love to see more of these things. The only thing I can really 'complain' about is that it's yet another "Blood/high elf x non-Blood/high elf" thing but, hey, at least they stuck to just elves! And the blood elf was a male this time! NO HUMANS IN THIS! PROGRESS!
    Last edited by Sigxy; 2020-05-29 at 10:48 PM.

Well, poor Liadrin.
    Also, Lorthemar is def the little spoon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Omedon View Post
    That's not up to you.

Oh..
    Well played, friend. Well played.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Baine is like the most unlikeable character you are supposed to like.

I wager being a little spoon is better than being no ones spoon at all, and I think they would work well together. Perhaps creating a strong relationship to potentially be rend apart? Enjoyable side story, Lor'themar has been pretty stalwart in his role and deserves some character development.

I have already seen Bastion though, its called Act 4 of Diablo 3, where WoW ripped it from.

10+ Year Old Account
    DPS in my dungeon: COME ON MAN GO FASTER
    Me, as Tank: chill man we'll get there
    DPS: COME ON FUCKING TERRIBLE TANK LEARN HOW TO FUCKING TANK
    Me: *does exactly what DLC comic does*
    "The vote to kick DPS has passed"
    Me: Shall we continue?

Oh..
    Lovecraft, you say? Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn!
    Cheerful lack of self-preservation