Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Josyel View Post
    Kael'thas was right and did nothing wrong.
    Lord Garithos did nothing wrong

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darknessvamp View Post
    The poetry was pretty terrible but the story wasn't terribly offensive although odd in some aspects. For example, Lor'themar insistence that coming by gondola into the Harbor was "the old way" and the timely reminiscence of Kael just seemed weird to bring up. Also "The Horde’s armies are depleted, our treasuries emptied, our resources stretched thin." kinda stood out to me, was it established that the Horde's "overwhelming military superiority" that Anduin was "struggling to amass a force strong enough to oppose" during 8.2.5 was just wiped out in 8.3? Even though the Horde and Alliance aren't featured fighting in any major respects in the Vale and Uldum?
    I think both factions are in a state where they have enough forces to keep their towns and bases safe but not enough to participate in another full-scale war. Hence why Lor'themar warns that the horde might break if another attack takes place, that might not be from the Alliance though. And on the Alliance side the situation is not any better, it might be hinting that the two sides are at the moment pretty much spent and cannot wage a sustainable war on one another, without counting random skirmishes on borders and infiltrations.

The Alliance had the upper hand after the battle of Dazal'Alor, and lost a significant portion of the Kul Tiran fleet in the Nazjatar patch, In the end both sides barely had enough forces to mount an assault on Orgrimmar and would've been left in a far worse state were in not for the 1v1 between Sylvanas and Saurfang.

So I think Lorthemar might be right, both the horde and the alliance are spent at this point. And that is fine, I don't think we are going to be using any of their armies during Shadowlands. and with the possible timeskip after the shadowlands I think both factions would be undergoing some interesting changes in terms of borders, manpower and political landscape after we are out of the Shadowlands expansion.
    Last edited by Gamevizier; 2020-05-30 at 02:36 AM.

Death to Lor'themar.
    For lady Liadrin
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Quote Originally Posted by voidox View Post
    um... what? how is this convo in any way even approaching "heavy vibes" between shaw and valeera?

it's literally just a single line of dialogue from shaw about his interest in someone, and it's so clear he's talking about someone who is not there and he's being vague on purpose.

if he was referring to valeera, he would not word things as he did and especially not say "carefully", cause why would he? And there is nothing from Valeera showing any sort of romantic interest in Shaw, she was just asking about his plans

two people talking about personal stuff =/= romance -_-

if anything, shaw and flynn is more likely considering they are getting a book together, though personally I think Shaw might be interested in someone from the Horde he met during BFA, hence him saying "have to be careful"
    lmao how badly are you in denial bro. blizzard do not write subtlety in any form and would never in a million years waste time having shaw talk with some random character about some other character he might like. that line is 100% about valeera and when they have them hook up in some cringy shit questline i want you to remember this moment and think about how wrong you were

and just lmfao at the idea shaw and flynn would ever be a thing. blizz has carefully avoided putting any meaningful lgbt representation in this game for 15 years now. and they sure as fuck wont start now with 90% of sub money coming from china. still deluded fucking wow fans think for some reason that blizz are just waiting to wow us with lgbt characters. this shit aint overwatch im afraid they arent permitted to take chances. and even most of the western wow fanbase are deeply entrenched in homophobia.

blizz are spineless fucking cowards in all aspects so look forward to 20 more years of badass human males getting elf girlfriends to prove they dont have a case of the gay.
    they hated sillag because he told them the truth

Quote Originally Posted by Reinhart11 View Post
    Wtf did i even read. Is Lorthemar like 12 years old, having his first date in his life meeting his first childhood love or something, while not having the slightest amount of control, discipline and self-confidence? How is such a character supposed to lead anyone... and in what honest reality do females like these kind of ultra insecure "males"? Certainly not in our world and i very much doubt that this kind of character behaviour would keep him alive long in World of Warcraft... and in what world does such a character even become the leader of any people...

Seriously, who writes this crap. I barely made it past the first page and scrolled fast through the rest and the badly written love story and unfitting characterization of Lorthemar and Thalyssra, who should be in Lorthemars case at least some hundreds, in Thalyssras case thousands of years old, behaving like nervous giggling teenagers, never stops. Not an improvement to Golden at all so far. Reads like a wet roleplay dream from a leftist SJW from California.
    Lor'themar was very nervous because he is an amateur poet who goes to a poetry duel with a jury of the best poets of suramar in front of a live audience!

Don't mind me, just setting the mood.

Honestly I really enjoyed it. Most WoW stories focus on action, drama, or terror. Even MOP, the designated "silly" expansion, had some of the darkest short stories. it was nice to see Lor'themar and Thalyssra in a poetry slam. I didn't see it coming at all. Very cute.

And because I can't believe this hasn't been posted yet:

Last edited by Powerogue; 2020-05-30 at 04:05 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Quote Originally Posted by voidox View Post
    um... what? how is this convo in any way even approaching "heavy vibes" between shaw and valeera?

it's literally just a single line of dialogue from shaw about his interest in someone, and it's so clear he's talking about someone who is not there and he's being vague on purpose.

if he was referring to valeera, he would not word things as he did and especially not say "carefully", cause why would he? And there is nothing from Valeera showing any sort of romantic interest in Shaw, she was just asking about his plans

two people talking about personal stuff =/= romance -_-

if anything, shaw and flynn is more likely considering they are getting a book together, though personally I think Shaw might be interested in someone from the Horde he met during BFA, hence him saying "have to be careful"
    So... Baine?
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    [IMG]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EZNvMKBXsAU6NIz?format=jpg&name=large[IMG]

One of my favorite quotes of the story and I feel for it.
    I hadn't appreciated how genius that line was. I still prefer to take the boat to Howling Fjord.

Overall I got a good impression from this author, even if this work was quite fluffy. Was this the author that's doing that Shadowlands novel with Sylvanas hunting Bwonsamdi?
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stelio Kontos View Post
    It's ok, you guys always have your waifu pillows!
    You know. I've often wondered if these guys even realize that this is a video game, the way they talk about THEIR elf women.
    Blood Elves were based on a STRONG request from a poll of Asian players where many remarked on the Horde side that they and their girlfriends wanted a non-creepy femme race to play (Source)

Found another shipping comic, we are blessed. I can post it because it's relevant, damn it!

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Minikin View Post
    You know. I've often wondered if these guys even realize that this is a video game, the way they talk about THEIR elf women.
    its more of a disgust with the blatant writer wish fulfillment that goes hand in hand with the "human man gets his eternal young super model wifey"
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

Quote Originally Posted by sillag View Post
    wow gets too much china money to put lgbt in. blizzard's writers masquerade as progressives but are actually spineless sycophants like the rest of em

the best you will ever get is bs like sneaking in a gay meaningless ghost npc from a profession quest like in legion that can easily be erased for chinese realms
    wow,i actualy just realised,wow literaly has zero lgbt...IN ''CURRENT YEAR''....granted i know the other side would just reeee at muh agenduh,but seriously,a company that has even talked about how they want players to identify with their characters,and considering the new options in shadowlands to that end...this kinda feels hypocritical to not include,i mean we even got vulpera!! its insane when you think that furries got so much yeeeting material but not one openly gay character?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    Found another shipping comic, we are blessed. I can post it because it's relevant, damn it!

Well origionally, Lorthemar was supposed to sing "what that mouth do" to Thalyssra. But he settled for a more meaningful poem about Kael'thas because Thalyssra and him are "just friends".

Pretty harmless fluff. No real complaints, though I do find it funny that Rommath had to send Bob to get laid, confirming once again that he is the best blood elf.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    its more of a disgust with the blatant writer wish fulfillment that goes hand in hand with the "human man gets his eternal young super model wifey"
    I dunno....some of these posters seem awful offended lol.

As for the writer thing. Eh they are all the same "man in fantasy world white knighting about getting the babe, dialing it to 11 and make it an elven babe!"

Or maybe knaak just numbed me to the occasion of men dating women 100s of years older than them lol.
    Blood Elves were based on a STRONG request from a poll of Asian players where many remarked on the Horde side that they and their girlfriends wanted a non-creepy femme race to play (Source)

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by General Zanjin View Post
    Death to Lor'themar.
    For lady Liadrin

Be carefull with your wishes. Blizzard writers (c) can still turn her into Lightmongering bitch in that "Light is Bad" expansion, and finish her off in some 5-man dungeon for epics.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post

Holy Nostradamus batman

Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post
    saffy and grizzy!
    Nah. No. Not acceptable. You don't name someone one syllable off Sappho and introduce her checking out a Night Elf woman only to make her straight and put her in a really forced relationship.
    One day I look forward to seeing full grown adults realize that their averse reactions to levity and positive/contemplative expressions of emotion are a cry for therapy.

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post

One of my favorite quotes of the story and I feel for it.
    He says this, yet he's also feeling guilty about being away from Silvermoon for even two days. Kind of silly, unless he was like "Teleport me just out of sight around a mountain from Suramar and send a boat to pick me up so I can approach it the normal way."

Quote Originally Posted by Stelio Kontos View Post
    Look how rough his face is, look how little makeup he's wearing. You know that's a half-elf, right? :P

- - - Updated - - -

But I get it now, it finally all makes sense why the Nightborne joined the Horde.

Thalyssra had a crush.
    If only they added a need of political dynasty to it too.