5+ Year Old Account
    Even Bellular considers Alliance finally getting High Elves

Time: 1:09-2:45

He even suggests that Blizzard can do a 'victory lap' by adding proper High Elf heritage armors for both Alliance and Horde High Elves.

'Change your skin and eyes to blue and there ya go you're an Alliance High Elf' (paraphrased a bit at beginning).

"There ya go, the drama's over" lol he didn't realize how petty some people can be

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MyWholeLifeIsThunder View Post
    You do love playing the victim even when it's just hypocritical to the nth degree that you come at me because I don't consider this for BE's when your whole thing has been about denying High Elves for the alliance. Now you advocate for both sides?
    I think at this it's really easy to see who's being petty.

It is quite clear that Blizzard decided to give both Alliance and Horde high elves and thus now both sides have the ability to request what customizations for high elves they can.

Anyone trying to deny any high elf customizations at this point is just fighting a battle they've already lost.

High Elves, Void Elves.. all just cheap copies of the master race.

Quote Originally Posted by ddi2 View Post
    Except for the fact that in that interview Ion spoke about High Elves as a different group... Even told that there are no plans to add them to the game. Which would be especially weird if he meant that High Elves are in the Horde. I mean, I am pretty sure he is aware that Blood Elves are a playable Horde race, don't you think?

And if I say purple-skinned, dark-haired, glowing-eyed elves, it doesn't mean I am talking about Night Elves. I might be talking about Nightborne. Races can share many traits, especially if they are very closely related.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z29A65f5TGI

...... ion's words....he said high elves are blood elves...if you want a fair skinned etc etc.

And again twisting my words to suit your means.....if i say alliance purple skinnend , druids that live in a gaint tree elves...you know its night elves. The information was very clear what he was talking about. He clearly is saying:

- high elves look like this
    - if you want something like that...go horde.

Yes you could say he is not saying high elves are blood elves...but that is pretty much what he is saying.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Geisl View Post
    Even Bellular considers Alliance finally getting High Elves

Time: 1:09-2:45

He even suggests that Blizzard can do a 'victory lap' by adding proper High Elf heritage armors for both Alliance and Horde High Elves.

'Change your skin and eyes to blue and there ya go you're an Alliance High Elf' (paraphrased a bit at beginning).

"There ya go, the drama's over" lol he didn't realize how petty some people can be
    He and tallisin etc have both said alliance now have high elves...they do not get its not just the looks...its the lore, the history, the know high elves we would have liked to see.
    But adding a heritage armor could be nice...seeing as they are sharing the kul tiran one with several classes...they could easily share the blood elf armor 2.
    And its not about being petty.
    Horde got cool stuff/wishlist items for allied races. and well developed ones to. With cool heritage armor, lore and mounts and racials. alliance has 3 allied races that are not even races. But more afflicitions/classes ( lightforged,void,mecha).
    And we accepted the fact that we where not getting high elves because they and blood elves look very alike.
    But now we are getting the looks but not the lore. So the only reason we did not get them in the first place is now no longer a issue after a month.
    If they had the meeting before the made the void elves...we would have had high elves.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    First, the Burning Legion threat has been dealt with, the driving force behind the creation and training of Demon Hunters is no longer there so what motivations are there to become a Demon Hunter? I'd be "satisfied" with them going....because I want to...but honestly that really doesn't make sense and is really really weak. Unlike new Death Knights, where the current Lich King is the one who raised them, that makes absolute sense.
    I mean, I don't know if it's because they made it too simple, cheap and plain, but it's kinda implied that the new Death Knights exist as willing individuals that chosen to become one.

Not saying that I like that, but that it seems to be the case...

Yeah, it makes sense that a Lich King creates Death Knights, but these ones don't seem to be the same kind of fallen heroes that the Arthas Death Knights were unwillingly transformed into, but more in the likes of individuals chosing it...

10+ Year Old Account
    Love it! This is going to add a lot of diversity/complexity to High Elves (the race) as a whole.

I bet people are going to have very interesting stories to share!
    Yeah, there's going to be all sorts of interesting stories to contemplate and tell!

For example, on the Sin'dorei side of blue eyes being available, perhaps a number of Argent high elves were originally driven from Quel'Thalas for fear of what some desperate measures were doing to a desperate people after the Scourge invasion, but after working alongside their brethren in the Northrend campaign, they perhaps realised that things weren't as bad at home as they may have feared. The new customisation options are going to give players so many opportunities to spin all sorts of epic yarns for their characters!

Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    Yeah, it's a good point you bring up. Because Void Elves has the same issues as Nightborne(I would argue NB having it even worse because of the larger model, I've only found their heritage to fit) that their skin makes their transmog a bit limited seeing blue is, well blue so it doesn't fit with everything. So it's definitely an upgrade in that regard.

I had one elf male once, Night Elf... (Shhhhh don't tell anyone)
    Mhmm!

Haha! I'll keep schtum!

Quote Originally Posted by baskev View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z29A65f5TGI

...... ion's words....he said high elves are blood elves...if you want a fair skinned etc etc.

And again twisting my words to suit your means.....if i say alliance purple skinnend , druids that live in a gaint tree elves...you know its night elves. The information was very clear what he was talking about. He clearly is saying:

- high elves look like this
    - if you want something like that...go horde.

Yes you could say he is not saying high elves are blood elves...but that is pretty much what he is saying.
    Omg, he says that High Elves look the same as Blood Elves and if you want that look, go play Horde. But he clearly acknowledges that these are two different groups of elves even in your own video you have posted. How dense can you be?

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Broflake View Post
    The sunreaver assassins/captains are also present in the fights prior to MoP' throne of thunder.
    You also have lanesh and several other NPC's who are blue eyed high elves.
    The point still stands, they were ruled out as oversights and errors

- - - Updated - - -

The point still stands (2), just be happy and deal with it that the High Elf Allied Race will never happen
    The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

I make Warcraft 3 Reforged HD custom models and I'm also an HD model reviewer.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thalassian Bob View Post
    Yeah, there's going to be all sorts of interesting stories to contemplate and tell!

For example, on the Sin'dorei side of blue eyes being available, perhaps a number of Argent high elves were originally driven from Quel'Thalas for fear of what some desperate measures were doing to a desperate people after the Scourge invasion, but after working alongside their brethren in the Northrend campaign, they perhaps realised that things weren't as bad at home as they may have feared. The new customisation options are going to give players so many opportunities to spin all sorts of epic yarns for their characters!
    Yeah, who knows. But one thing is sure: They would still not call themselves High elves if that was the case, since bearing the name Blood elf is a badge of honor and refusing it is kinda disrespectful, maybe this also point out at almost anyone called High elf to not want to return given the fact, but well.

It has been stated that the blue eyes were given as a last minute decision of some sorts, so very shortly from the announcement, these were labeled as nonsensical, so I'm curious to see what's the rationale for it, if there's any.

Maybe Blood elves who were outside Quel'thalas, maybe it's the fel fading off, maybe they just clarify if it's their natural color or not instead of assuming that these are like that because of the arcane (I theorize this because I haven't found a source that simply states this, so it's easy to assume that people just assumed these were blue because of the arcane, instead of just being simply a natural color, like almost any other race).

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thalassian Bob View Post
    Umbrithas Voidreaver looking good right there
    The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

I make Warcraft 3 Reforged HD custom models and I'm also an HD model reviewer.

Omg, he says that High Elves look the same as Blood Elves and if you want that look, go play Horde. But he clearly acknowledges that these are two different groups of elves even in your own video you have posted. How dense can you be?

And he says in the video that they are 1 and the same. He says you want high elves ( that have look x,y,z) join the horde . So he is not saying that high elves are a thing. So he is not talking about high elves being a other race. He says these words: Blood elves are high elves ( and visa versa)..........his words.

https://youtu.be/Z29A65f5TGI?t=28

And he thinks its only because of the look...not just the lore etc...

And no reason to call me names.

Quote Originally Posted by baskev View Post
    And he says in the video that they are 1 and the same. He says you want high elves ( that have look x,y,z) join the horde . So he is not saying that high elves are a thing. So he is not talking about high elves being a other race. He says these words: Blood elves are high elves ( and visa versa)..........his words.

https://youtu.be/Z29A65f5TGI?t=28

And he thinks its only because of the look...not just the lore etc...

And no reason to call me names.
    Did you notice how in the video "Blood Elves" and "are High Elves" are took from separate places and edited together? Because what he actually says, and it is in the video you posted, "Blood Elves kinda are High Elves".

Did you notice how in the video "Blood Elves" and "are High Elves" are took from separate places and edited together? Because what he actually says, and it is in the video you posted, "Blood Elves kinda are High Elves".
    There's also this video in which Ion acknowledges that Void Elves are also High Elves:

Blood Elves are pretty much High Elves... Void Elves are also pretty much another flavor of High Elves
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4BsxB4NJIBs

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyriani View Post
    There's also this video in which Ion acknowledges that Void Elves are also High Elves:

Yup, even Ion recognizes slight differences hence the 'pretty much' and 'kinda are' descriptors.

But what's silly is that all this has been debated for over hundreds of pages in this thread. Weird that some people are still trying to continue debating over it.

That level of pedantry is insane.

As far as 99% of the playerbase feels, High Elves have arrived. To both factions to boot!

Just as Ion unveiled increased customizations and said 'now you can look like a wildhammer dwarf you've always wanted' it's showing that the visual options being added allow you to fulfill that particular 'sub-race' fantasy.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyriani View Post

I mean, that's just a video that confirms what I am saying. Both Blood Elves, High Elves and Void Elves are similar but in the end different groups.

- - - Updated - - -

Just as Ion unveiled increased customizations and said 'now you can look like a wildhammer dwarf you've always wanted' it's showing that the visual options being added allow you to fulfill that particular 'sub-race' fantasy.
    For me it seems like 'here is a more easy option for you to RP as different sub-races', not 'here is an option for you to play these sub-races'. As while you may look like Wildhammer Dwarf or High Elf, as far as the game is concerned, you are playing a Bronzebeard Dwarf or a Void Elf.
    Last edited by ddi2; 2020-05-30 at 02:31 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Some people will never. Ever. Be happy.

Period.

They will always find something to complain about. I honestly anticipate this thread going on another thousand pages by an increasingly smaller, yet louder minority to those that initially started the thread and kept it alive for the 960 pages it's currently at.
    Personal Preference and Opinions ≠ Facts, Truth, or Logic

Quote Originally Posted by Molvonos View Post
    an increasingly smaller, yet louder minority
    And this is how you know, Blizzard, despite the bellyaching, did the right thing.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't think it would be good to recolor Blood Elf heritage armor and give it to them and Void Elves both.

But I do think they could recolor Blood Elf and Void Elf heritage armor to have a High Elf tint and give them to the respective races.

Quote Originally Posted by MrMordrag View Post
    Honestly I really hate to be that person but I wanted their own unique allied race with racials, etc. If we got that I would legit be 100% happy. It's all I ever wanted.
    Everyone would be happy if that happened. It's simply wrong to say "people will always complain about something' no matter what. There was one single common desire - playable High Elves. It seems like Blizzard is adamant to not do it and leave people upset no matter what.

It's kinda absurd how the discussion devolved into semantics.

Horde players were asking for blue eyes, they got it.
    Alliance players were asking for high elves, they got a way to look like high elves.

Some Horde players got mad because their request for blue eyes was solely to deny high elves to the Alliance.
    Some Alliance players got mad because they were hoping for an actual high elf allied race and just skins don't fulfill all they wished for.

Those Horde players need to admit that high elves are part of the Alliance, as they always were. You wasted 15 years denying the obvious.
    Those Alliance players need to learn to enjoy whatever win we get. Life isn't perfect, every little plus is a bonus. And we can still get some unique void elf customization ahead.

Both sides won, no one lost anything. You can play a blood elf with blue eyes. You can play a void elf that looks like a high elf. Most people are actually happy or don't care! Let's celebrate!
    Whatever...

Quote Originally Posted by DeicideUH View Post
    Let's celebrate!
    This.

You know, we could have ended up with this:
    Last edited by Doffen; 2020-05-30 at 03:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DeicideUH View Post
    Those Alliance players need to learn to enjoy whatever win we get. Life isn't perfect, every little plus is a bonus. And we can still get some unique void elf customization ahead.

Both sides won, no one lost anything. You can play a blood elf with blue eyes. You can play a void elf that looks like a high elf. Most people are actually happy or don't care! Let's celebrate!
    And those who are fine with the skins, I congratulate them. I, unfortunately, not only did not 'win' a single thing, but will have to concede that playable High Elves aren't happening anymore unfortunately. Oh well, it is, what it is, I'll just forget about the topic and will move on. And anyway, the less incentive there is for me to give my money to the company I clearly don't respect anymore, the better.