Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Avenaeri View Post
    The "lesser evil" ultimatum is a key establishment dem strategy to win elections without needing to promote progressive policies. To change that now, we would need many things that aren't going to happen soon like ranked choice voting, a no-confidence option, and non-biased corporate media reporting. I think the best thing you can do is focus on voting for progressives running for Congress and smaller offices, promote them on social media, and, if you have the financial means, donate to their campaigns.
    I agree with this.

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    What? Republicans are actively trying to suppress the vote. That’s what that whole thing with twitter is about. Trump is pushing a conspiracy that mail in voting means democrats cheating.
    Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    Say what now this is Trump on this.

“They had things — levels of voting that, if you ever agreed to it, you’d never have a Republican elected in this country again.”

Republicans are actively trying to suppress the vote they have been doing this for decades.

You seem to missunderstand me... The reply was to someone who said "not voting is aiding trump". Which is false, because not voting doesn't mean I would for your guy or the other guy. It's that I'm not happy with either and I think voting should be about who you like when it comes to policies.

You are bringing up actions that are about preventing OTHERS from voting or making it harder to do so. Which is not the same thing. I'm talking about exercising your democratic right to vote or not vote depending on your preferences, not being prevented to vote.

Which means we go back to the argument. If you are prevented to vote, it's not your fault, you are not aiding trump. It will help him, but it's not by your aid. Same as if you abstain your vote... that means neither of the parties get a vote. That's +-0. Thinking people should vote against their interests to counterweight malpractices is shifting blame on the wrong person.
    Last edited by Kumorii; 2020-05-30 at 02:05 PM.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

Quote Originally Posted by Louisa Bannon View Post
    I'm not voting for the guy that did all the shit I linked to in the OP. Go see---->
    Once again, you are dodging a very simple question, do I need to ask it again?

If someone had told me previously that a Democratic candidate for president would shoot down Medicare for All in the middle of an actual pandemic, I would not have believed it. And yet here we are.
    Why do you want Medicare for all? Do you know what Medicare is and what benefits it gives you? I have it and it's not all that great. My employer insurance was significantly better. Or are you using Medicare for All as a catchall term for everyone having insurance? Because Biden supports everyone having insurance.

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Look, just link something specific or just be quiet. I skimmed that, it's all about ACA or some expansion of it maybe. This is still all about private insurance.

If he was promoting Medicare for All that should be simple enough for him to state it somewhere and for you to link me to it.

Quote Originally Posted by CommunismWillWin View Post
    Any other conspiracy theories you want to share with the class?
    You mean like the one in your signature?

Quote it or be gone.

Wait, I have better...why don't you link me to Biden's page on his support of Medicare for All? Since he supports it, that should be easy to do. He'd be screaming that from the basement, yeah?
    From your article:

“I would veto anything that delays providing the security and the certainty of health care being available now,” Biden responded. “If they got that through in by some miracle or there’s an epiphany that occurred and some miracle occurred that said, ‘OK, it’s passed,’ then you got to look at the cost.”

Biden added: “I want to know, how did they find $35 trillion? What is that doing? Is it going to significantly raise taxes on the middle class, which it will? What’s going to happen?”

“Our opponents do not speak for us and should never be allowed by the press to put words in the Vice President’s mouth. He did not say ‘veto,’” Bates said. “He made clear that his urgent priority is getting to universal coverage as quickly as possible and he explained why he firmly believes our approach should be to build on the profound benefits of the Affordable Care Act with a Medicare-like public option.”

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    You seem to missunderstand me... The reply was to someone who said "not voting is aiding trump". Which is false, because not voting doesn't mean I would for your guy or the other guy. It's that I'm not happy with either and I think voting should be about who you like when it comes to policies.

You are bringing up actions that are about preventing OTHERS from voting or making it harder to do so. Which is not the same thing. I'm talking about exercising your democratic right to vote or not vote depending on your preferences, not being prevented to vote.
    That's exactly what they are saying as not voting means lower voter turn out, what in turn helps the republican campaign. Voter suppression is part of that tactic to ensure elections are won. It is not that through voter suppression that it is a benefit to them.

Quote Originally Posted by Nellise View Post
    Why do you want Medicare for all? Do you know what Medicare is and what benefits it gives you? I have it and it's not all that great. My employer insurance was significantly better. Or are you using Medicare for All as a catchall term for everyone having insurance? Because Biden supports everyone having insurance.
    I just as commonly use the term: national health service. I mean for it to be provided by the government, no strings. Someone has a need, they get treatement. That's it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    I addressed that... in principle... in how you feel... that is correct. But, pragmatically, historically and based on actions taken by Trump, it’s objectively not true. Not voting is a path to victory for GOP... it doesn’t break even.

But, I recognize how you feel and do not wish to invalidate said feelings. Am only asking to look at it pragmatically. Your feelings do not need to be justified.

But, when it comes to things like mail in voting, it does impact everyone. The same with voter ID. It simply disenfranchises more Democrat voters, because there are a lot more of them.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

My favourite part is when Bidenbots call others Bernie Bros
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

10+ Year Old Account
    Look, just link something specific or just be quiet. I skimmed that, it's all about ACA or some expansion of it maybe. This is still all about private insurance.

If he was promoting Medicare for All that should be simple enough for him to state it somewhere and for you to link me to it.
    Oh are you the one to talk now, let's talk again about your unwillingness to elaborate on just about anything you said.

Still awaiting your reasons for voting Green, or so you claim at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    “He made clear that his urgent priority is getting to universal coverage as quickly as possible and he explained why he firmly believes our approach should be to build on the profound benefits of the Affordable Care Act with a Medicare-like public option.”
    As I've stated, that's heavy on ACA and private insurance, and very lite on Medicare whatever if they can pass it and oh the cost and worry, worry, worry...

No, Biden does not support a national health service nor medicare for All nor anything of the kind.

It's all BS from that guy.

As I've stated, that's heavy on ACA and private insurance, and very lite on Medicare whatever if they can pass it and oh the cost and worry, worry, worry...

No, Biden does not support a national health service nor medicare for All nor anything of the kind.

It's all BS from that guy.
    As I've stated, you refuse to answer my question, and you edited out my comment.

Thanks for proving that you are disingenuous.

10+ Year Old Account
    Look, just link something specific or just be quiet.
    I fucking quoted the specific and you go on to mention it next? Keep telling me to be quite... it’s all you got...

I skimmed that, it's all about ACA or some expansion of it maybe. This is still all about private insurance.
    Yeah, good job skimming a public option like Medicare. Are you sure I wasn’t specific? lol

I did... you skimmed it and claimed I wasn’t specific. Despite your own links showing he will sign for Bernie’s cost neutral version. Biden’s version, that you find so not specific after skimming, details how his version would accomplish cost neutrality, to even pass Congress. But, you only care enough to skim, then blame me. Very nice...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wilian View Post
    My favourite part is when Bidenbots call others Bernie Bros
    Is that because Bernie Bros needed a better thing to call Biden supporters, than rapists?

@CommunismWillWin would you mind posting something? I want to use you as an example, due to your signature.
    Last edited by Felya; 2020-05-30 at 02:12 PM.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

I just as commonly use the term: national health service. I mean for it to be provided by the government, no strings. Someone has a need, they get treatement. That's it.
    Biden appears to support a public option for Medicare so that if you don't have insurance you like from your employer or whatever, you can buy into it. If you can't afford any insurance, there's already Medicaid which covers that. So it's still covering everybody, but the payment isn't done through taxes which Medicare for All would be (it's just changing where the payment is done).
    Last edited by Nellise; 2020-05-30 at 02:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    That's exactly what they are saying as not voting means lower voter turn out, what in turn helps the republican campaign. Voter suppression is part of that tactic to ensure elections are won. It is not that through voter suppression that it is a benefit to them.
    Which means we go back to the argument. If you are prevented to vote, it's not your fault, you are not aiding trump. It will help him, but it's not by your aid. Same as if you abstain your vote... that means neither of the parties get a vote. That's +-0. Thinking people should vote against their interests to counterweight malpractices is shifting blame on the wrong person.

Also, to add to that, the entire argument is the wrong way around... it's not lower turn outs that's causing republicans to win. It's republicans supressing specific voters that causes a low turn out of a specific demographic, by the sound of it. Add to that there are voters that also just don't like democratic choice and thus won't vote for them, nor will they vote for trump. Which causes a lower turn out as well.
    Last edited by Kumorii; 2020-05-30 at 02:23 PM.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

Quote Originally Posted by Nellise View Post
    Biden appears to...
    Yes, a politician that makes empty promises with no intention to follow through or even try...right alongside his very passionate and lengthy support of the existing ACA aka RomneyCare.

I understand.

The Lightbringer GreenGoldSharpie's Avatar
    5+ Year Old Account
    I hope this thread is going to be around when the Title VII decision (maybe Monday) drops. Going to look hilariously quaint and privileged in the decision runs against us.

Yes, a politician that makes empty promises with no intention to follow through or even try...right alongside his very passionate and lengthy support of the existing ACA.

I understand.
    So, why hasn't Sanders managed to get M4A through in all his years in power?

It's a shame when politicians don't follow through, isn't it?

Thanks for admitting that Biden doesn't actually oppose what you claim he opposes.