Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by snoodloost View Post
    -snip-
    Like I said, it's dismissed, because you are dismissed. That's the problem with burner spammers, you don't get to say you said anything before, because your words disappear. I look forward to this post coming from a main account. After all, there was this one dude who ran around, saying Biden is currently a segregationist. Then again, that same dude also spammed dozens of racist comments across multiple accounts.

It's hard to trust burner accounts.

Your own words say he was a liberal on civil rights. Thanks for arguing against yourself.
    Last edited by Machismo; 2020-05-30 at 03:02 PM.

The Lightbringer GreenGoldSharpie's Avatar
    5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Evielution93 View Post
    I know what you mean. It's kind of amazing how I stopped hearing my family making snide comment about bi people, lesbians and stopped using the term "used to be x" when my cousin, my brother and I all came out within like a year of each other, and that is a fantastic reason for him to actually change.
    Well, congratulations. :-)

Honestly, in the long run, this is why we'll win this fight culturally. We pop up in every family at some point to where the old joke is "Well, who's the gay kid at Thanksgiving? Oh, wait, is it me?"

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Like I said, it's dismissed, because you are dismissed. That's the problem with burner spammers, you don't get to say you said anything before, because your words disappear.
    Its a selection of extracts from Wikipedia, Jeb, it still exists even when you shut your eyes and hide in a corner.

-snip-
    I'm simply going by what your source said, don't blame me... it's your source.

Forgive me, people who spam racist nonsense don't tend to carry much weight with me.

Quote Originally Posted by Louisa Bannon View Post
    I base my mistrust of Biden on his record and overall dishonesty as enumerated in the OP of this thread. How many lies does a politician have to tell before you simply assume he's lying a good deal of the time?
    So complaining about Medicare for All wasn't a real complaint then because it doesn't matter what Biden's plan was, you wouldn't have believed it anyway.

I see it as 3 options if healthcare is your main issue: 1) vote for Trump, who is trying to take healthcare away from millions of people during a pandemic and has no plan at all for healthcare (well, the plan is to dump healthcare onto states to figure out), 2) vote for Biden, while his plan may not be perfect, it's a good effort to make sure everyone is covered and is funded, 3) vote 3rd party for Medicare for All, which isn't all that different from Biden's plan and now Biden has 1 fewer vote which indirectly helps Trump and helps give a better chance that healthcare is destroyed for people with preexisting conditions and we have millions and millions thrown off of insurance which is the exact opposite of what voting for Medicare for All was supposed to do. It's not much of a choice if this is your deciding issue.
    Last edited by Nellise; 2020-05-30 at 03:14 PM.

I'm gonna be honest, if it gets results then pretending to believe is as good as actually believing. Your response also acts like Biden can't change his opinion, either through actual growth or even something as cynical as seeing it as being good for his campaign/support.
    If he'd actually done something which wasn't to his personal advantage then I'd agree. But he hasn't. He just says whatever he thinks people want to hear. He's not calling his old white supremacist friends or doing anything indicative of actual courage.

You have to be grotesquely naive to believe otherwise.

I'm gonna be honest, if it gets results then pretending to believe is as good as actually believing. Your response also acts like Biden can't change his opinion, either through actual growth or even something as cynical as seeing it as being good for his campaign/support.
    If he'd actually done something which wasn't to his personal advantage then I'd agree. But he hasn't. He just says whatever he thinks people want to hear. He's not calling out his old white supremacist friends or doing anything indicative of actual courage.

You have to be grotesquely naive to believe he'll be in any way progressive in office, he won't care what gays or trans people think when he's already secured power.

- - - Updated - - -

I know what you mean. It's kind of amazing how I stopped hearing my family making snide comment about bi people, lesbians and stopped using the term "used to be x" when my cousin, my brother and I all came out within like a year of each other, and that is a fantastic reason for him to actually change.
    They didn't change, they are just too cowardly to openly express their beliefs.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nellise View Post
    2) vote for Biden, while his plan may not be perfect, it's a good effort to make sure everyone is covered and is funded
    It would leave vast numbers of people uninsured. I would literally be rioting in the streets if such a dogshit, backward system were inflicted on my country and so would virtually every other citizen of every other civilized nation. Private healthcare, money, have no place in healthcare. It is the sort of thing you only get in banana republics and failed states. It is not a difficult point to understand. If you elect Biden you are stuck with private healthcare for 8 years and large numbers of people will die as a direct result-that's on Biden voters every bit as much as Trump voters.

He just says whatever he thinks people want to hear.
    I agree entirely.

Again, just look at his record, folks. The things he supported, the benefits he's actively tried to kill, and the endless dishonesty. I get that he's not the other guy. That is a very low bar we've set there. Too low for me.

And I don't believe him one bit, on anything.

The Lightbringer GreenGoldSharpie's Avatar
    5+ Year Old Account
    Okay, so who exactly is Biden going to appoint to hurt LGBTQ rights? Let's see some cabinet member names here since this is where policy on these issues are made.

I agree entirely.

Again, just look at his record, folks. The things he supported, the benefits he's actively tried to kill, and the endless dishonesty. I get that he's not the other guy. That is a very low bar we've set there. Too low for me.

Ok, and you claimed Medicare for All was an important issue for you, but when shown that Biden also has a plan to cover everyone (which is what you meant by M4A), you changed what you cared about. Are you dishonest? Or did you change your stance based on new information?

Quote Originally Posted by Saninicus View Post
    Back on subject I fully expect threads like the OPs in the coming months. Here and on reddit. The goal is simple to breed apathy in voting for biden.
    No matter how you slice it, Biden doesn't seem to be exciting candidate.

Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    No matter how you slice it, Biden doesn't seem to be exciting candidate.
    I wish Biden hadn't run so that these things wouldn't have come up. He was never a great candidate when he ran before and he mostly got ahead now because of the Obama association. But when the only other person that might win is Trump, it doesn't give much in the way of a choice to not vote for him. I could vote 3rd party, but they've usually got a few nutty ideas buried in their platforms that never get discussed because nobody takes them seriously. And a 3rd party vote is essentially helping the guy I disagree with on 99% of things beat the guy I disagree with on maybe 10% so I'd be voting against my own interests (Clinton lost a few states by less than the 3rd party votes in that state).

10+ Year Old Account
    The election thread is ------------> that way.

Also, way to put a lot of effort into getting Trump re-elected. Good job.
    Forum badass alert:
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana Violence View Post
    It's called resistance / rebellion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana Violence View Post
    Also, one day the tables might turn.

7+ Year Old Account
    If Biden has the most policies that align with mine then I'd just vote for Biden. The way I see you can always disect every candidate at every election and then make it about their historical flaws, but to me that tends to swamp out the policy debate in the present moment.

Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    If Biden has the most policies that align with mine then I'd just vote for Biden. The way I see you can always disect every candidate at every election and then make it about their historical flaws, but to me that tends to swamp out the policy debate in the present moment.
    So you are against environmental regulation, freedom of the press, free trade, mail in voting, abortion rights, LGBTQ rights, civil liberties, immigration, net neutrality, public schooling, equal branches of government, separation of power, government accountability, pro private healthcare to mention a few?

5+ Year Old Account
    Seeing as this thread is primarily about the election than Biden, this is closed. Continue discussion in the mega-thread.
    Moderator of the General Off-Topic, Politics, Lore, and RP Forums
    "If you have any concerns, let me know via PM. I'll do my best to assist you."