Page 13 of 45 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    @Hellspawn @Mace

The way I feel about the whole thing, is that the Nightborne ARE the side of the Night elves that's fancy, magical and that's SEEN on the horde. So I entriely understand why some people don't want the alliance night elves to have any of that stuff, because it feels like it's taking from the horde. i.e. no night elf highborne stuff, no city, because that's on the horde now.

Quote Originally Posted by EnigmAddict View Post
    @Hellspawn @Mace

The way I feel about the whole thing, is that the Nightborne ARE the side of the Night elves that's fancy, magical and that's SEEN on the horde. So I entriely understand why some people don't want the alliance night elves to have any of that stuff, because it feels like it's taking from the horde. i.e. no night elf highborne stuff, no city, because that's on the horde now.
    I think that’s the mindset. Blizzard shouldn’t deny the request of one half wanting something like that just because some on the other half doesn’t want that factions' fans to have it purely because they want it exclusive.

How do the alliance fans feel? Night elves are the race that built Suramar and spawned the Nightborne, they are the ones with Highborne and pre-sundering as well as post sundering arcana in them.. and you have people who’ve loved to see the more magical, majestic Kaldorei alongside the more forest elf and priest types. It’s night elf stuff that’s on the horde, it’s unreasonable to be angry at NElf fans to want that stuff available.

It would be like blizzard giving the best portions of the Thalassians to the void elves and saying that the blood elves shouldn’t have that at all, or if you want it go to the horde.

Also Highborne are night elf and exist on the playable night elf faction, it’s complete fine that these elves are very magical, majestic and have the beautiful kaldorei looking cities to be in.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    Well.. I am all for more options, but this is the wrong way.. you want nightborne to be Alliance with one minor difference being the ears. Sorry, but how can any one get behind this and be realistic about it and not hurt the race on said faction. Which will happen if we use that idea, for that reason alone it's a big fat no imo.

Funny how hes lore is still true and they became their own race.. so night elves yes can look at their old hometown, but it's not their anymore realy. That is pure salt right there already..

I like that how we have an excuse so we can use the blood elf/void elf argument on everything now, I already told you this once like months ago, but highborne thread 2.0 will be the next high elf thread looking at this.

Everyone know how much you continue on, on this arcane area that night elves should embrace, so yea.. I don't think it's weird to think that this is pure jaleousy, specially because Nightborne is one part of that topic.
    The purpose of the thread is to show the arcane, nature and elune connection in the night elves throughout all it's lore - to help people who deny it is a thing.

However part of the discussion ahs veered into the things we would like to see show up in the night elves. Whether the motivation is jealousy, coveteouness or possessive greed on both sides, or entirely different things it is what it is.

let's cast motivations aside, a fan of the night elf lore would definitely what the race he plays to have nicer and better looking stuff. He would definitely want the cool locations, and cities from his lore, and he definitely would want his race to feel competent and powerful in all the thigns that are a part of them. This includes the arcane as well of nature. That the opposite faction is given these things may not be relevant but is easily perceives as aslight and neglect when the original faction and most of its fanbase have been waiting for more of this side of their race. It's not nice to see your best assets go ot the opposite faction if you're the jealous type, but then for the opposite faction fans to then find it problematic that you still want this aspect of your race done up properly on your side is a bit unrealistic of them.

Ofc Nelf fans are going to want to have cool stuff from nelf lore on the nelf race.. d'uh. And this is without jealousy coming into play, jealsouy could make it worse ofc. NOw possessive greed from horde fans who really don't want the alliance ones to have anything as pretty and nice as there is a reality. Why do they want that? is it unreasonable for alliance fans who loved high elves and who have night elves to not want their stuff available to them? Sure some of it might be coveting what the other faction has, but then blizzard took their racial stuff and put it on the other side, made it really good too, and lef them in the dust without anything.

Well some would be jealous. I am not. I immediately played blood elves when they came out, and before allied races were a thing and announced I declared that Nightborne should be one of them, on the alliance, but i'd rather them be on the horde than not playable at all. However being on the horde doesn't mean it wouldn't be nice for the alliance night elves to have better models and look majestic -whether they use the Nightborne model for it or not.

however it is a detour, this topic actually is about showing all the things that are part of the night elves.

@Hellspawn @Mace

I frankly don’t see why this should be a horde only thing, just because blizzard decided the horde can have Nightborne. It’s like the people who felt, the high elves are now on the horde, the alliance shouldn’t have any of them when they were on the alliance first and have always been there. While it’s cool the horde can have them, to expect the alliance fan crowd not to desire them is just silly.

You don’t see this happening with any other race.. this is what happens when you take alliance things and give it to the horde, you can’t expect the original night elf fans to not want stuff that is clearly part of their racial lore and was available on them first. Despite what Nightborne are, night elves were Highborne first and some still are, it’s also well loved by a large portion of the night elf crowd, and I don’t see why Night elf stuff should be exclusive to the horde.

Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post
    I think that’s the mindset. Blizzard shouldn’t deny the request of one half wanting something like that just because some on the other half doesn’t want that factions' fans to have it purely because they want it exclusive.

How do the alliance fans feel? Night elves are the race that built Suramar and spawned the Nightborne.
    Night Elves also spawned the Naga, High Elves and Satyr.
    The second race, which as far as the customization goes, will be given to the Alliance and the Horde.

I know plenty of Alliance fans (not the WoW High Elf fanatuc forum fans obviously), but the majority of people are happy with this. I suppose the alliance fans (which aren't that many), who still want alliance nightborne/suramar on the alliance, will make do with playable "High Elves."
    Also, Thalyssra and Lor'themar are getting it on, so I suppose any possibility of the Nightborne joining the Night Elves or the Alliance has long since sailed.

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    I frankly don’t see why this should be a horde only thing, just because blizzard decided the horde can have Nightborne. It’s like the people who felt, the high elves are now on the horde, the alliance shouldn’t have any of them when they were on the alliance first and have always been there. While it’s cool the horde can have them, to expect the alliance fan crowd not to desire them is just silly.

You don’t see this happening with any other race.. this is what happens when you take alliance things and give it to the horde, you can’t expect the original night elf fans to not want stuff that is clearly part of their racial lore and was available on them first. Despite what Nightborne are, night elves were Highborne first and some still are, it’s also well loved by a large portion of the night elf crowd, and I don’t see why Night elf stuff should be exclusive to the horde.
    Well I'm a W3 Night Elf fan and I'm very happy the Nightborne went Horde.

And now High Elves are being given to both factions, which only makes sense. You can still see blue eye'd Blood Elves in the ranks of the Sunreavers and obviously, the High Elves in general are on the Alliance.
    It's a win-win all round.
    Last edited by Tanaria; 2020-05-30 at 01:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellspawn View Post
    I actually asked a lore dev on twitter about this back in the day when they still answered stuff more directly. Shen'dralar are as powerful as Blood Elfs. Sadly I can't proof this anymore because they guy deleted all his tweets after leaving blizz.
    Technically, any race's player mage is as powerful as anothers at that level. I think the only major differences are in how widespread or talented your lot are.

For blood elves and nightborne arcane practice is quite widespread so is talent.
    For Night elves the practices isn't widespread, but the talent is - and amongst the Highborne caste led by the shen'dralar it would be most heavily concentrated.
    For humans, they have talent, but it isn't widespread nor is practice except in Dalaran since all mages go there, but wider human society it is rare, and humans aren't as naturally gifted racially in the arcane as elves would be, but they are gifted.

Night elves would have as much arcane potential as blood elves and nightborne, they just use it a lot less as a whole in their society, but individually you can't make that assesment, it depends on the person, group wise, the Highborne as a society would have the highest concentration, but they are more an order than a society, so you would compare them to the Magisters of Quel'thalas or the Arcanists of Suramar - and they'be roughly at that level. With the NElven highborne having the largest number of green recruits since the Shen'drlaar have only been training new recruits for 10 years.

The Shen'dralar thesmevlse.would be as powerful as any other mages - but the lore puts them as Queen Azshara's most revered arcanists, who haven't stopped using the arcane from the Sundering time. The lore also tells ust ehy've been fevrishly researching the arcane all this time, so even in a declining populace, their knowledge and skill would freakishly high.

Power is not necessarily the samething, but if they're as powerful as blood elves who have ausnwell going, that's quite remarkable, buecase their knoweldge and experience would be far greater than a blood elves, with only Nightborne being able to compare.

It's an interesting statement, I kinda thought Shen'dralar weren't very combat savvy - (nothing to do with Azshara quests Ravenmoon, I know those weren't Shen'dralar). I say that because they've sitting in a city for 10k years, reaarching the arcane, extending their knoweldge, spying on every one else, bt actually had little combat necessity. Despite their great knowledge and power. It was similar tot he Nightborne who could only beatt he Moonguard because they greatly outnumbered them, each moonguard was inflicting many more times the amount of damage taking down far many more nightborne with him - Moonguard are the fabled combat mages, and they've not been in a bubble or fancy city like the High/nightborne , so they've been fighting and training and likely also dealign with demonic threats and the likes on the broken isle, maintaining thier own vigil.

So combat wise I would probably be something like

Moonguard > Blood Elf > Human > Nightborne > Shen'dralar

but knowledge wise

Shen'dralar > Nightborne > Moonguard > Blood elf > Human

Powerwise

Blood elf = Shen'drlar = Nightborne= Moonguard = Human - apparently humans are as powerful as elves [I don't write the lore]

What it should be:

Blood elf > Night elf > Human

10+ Year Old Account

What it should be:

Judging by the fact that Kael whined about not having a single valid warrior amongst his army (they were all mages, mostly spellbrakers and some archers), the reality goes something like this.

Powerwise:

Kaldorei (Highborn/NElf)>Blood Elf/High Elf>Human

Phisical wise:

Kaldorei>Human>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Blood Elfs.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuor View Post
    Judging by the fact that Kael whined about not having a single valid warrior amongst his army (they were all mages, mostly spellbrakers and some archers), the reality goes something like this.

Powerwise:

Phisical wise:

Spellbreakers are the Blood Elven Warriors.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanaria View Post
    Spellbreakers are the Blood Elven Warriors.
    Ok, they can use a shield, this makes people think they are warriors, except they not, they mostly buffers and debuffers, they magical unites. When Garithos taked all the footmen and Paladins with him, Kael got really angry and expressely stated that he din't had a single valid warrior with him, i think he even did a joke with Blood Elven archers, but i haven't played WC3 in more then 3 years.

Technically, any race's player mage is as powerful as anothers at that level. I think the only major differences are in how widespread or talented your lot are.

For blood elves and nightborne arcane practice is quite widespread so is talent.
    For Night elves the practices isn't widespread, but the talent is - and amongst the Highborne caste led by the shen'dralar it would be most heavily concentrated.
    For humans, they have talent, but it isn't widespread nor is practice except in Dalaran since all mages go there, but wider human society it is rare, and humans aren't as naturally gifted racially in the arcane as elves would be, but they are gifted.

Night elves would have as much arcane potential as blood elves and nightborne, they just use it a lot less as a whole in their society, but individually you can't make that assesment, it depends on the person, group wise, the Highborne as a society would have the highest concentration, but they are more an order than a society, so you would compare them to the Magisters of Quel'thalas or the Arcanists of Suramar - and they'be roughly at that level. With the NElven highborne having the largest number of green recruits since the Shen'drlaar have only been training new recruits for 10 years.

The Shen'dralar thesmevlse.would be as powerful as any other mages - but the lore puts them as Queen Azshara's most revered arcanists, who haven't stopped using the arcane from the Sundering time. The lore also tells ust ehy've been fevrishly researching the arcane all this time, so even in a declining populace, their knowledge and skill would freakishly high.

Power is not necessarily the samething, but if they're as powerful as blood elves who have ausnwell going, that's quite remarkable, buecase their knoweldge and experience would be far greater than a blood elves, with only Nightborne being able to compare.

It's an interesting statement, I kinda thought Shen'dralar weren't very combat savvy - (nothing to do with Azshara quests Ravenmoon, I know those weren't Shen'dralar). I say that because they've sitting in a city for 10k years, reaarching the arcane, extending their knoweldge, spying on every one else, bt actually had little combat necessity. Despite their great knowledge and power. It was similar tot he Nightborne who could only beatt he Moonguard because they greatly outnumbered them, each moonguard was inflicting many more times the amount of damage taking down far many more nightborne with him - Moonguard are the fabled combat mages, and they've not been in a bubble or fancy city like the High/nightborne , so they've been fighting and training and likely also dealign with demonic threats and the likes on the broken isle, maintaining thier own vigil.

So combat wise I would probably be something like

Moonguard > Blood Elf > Human > Nightborne > Shen'dralar

but knowledge wise

Shen'dralar > Nightborne > Moonguard > Blood elf > Human

Powerwise

Blood elf = Shen'drlar = Nightborne= Moonguard = Human - apparently humans are as powerful as elves [I don't write the lore]

What it should be:

Night elves would be the standard all the other elves want to return to. While it is true most night elves in the alliance group don't practice the arcane, they would have the greatest natural capacity for it. Remember blood elves were nerfed by the exile in comparison to the night elf,

The fact that not that many use it just means they're out of practice, not that they're not gifted naturally with it. his is the race highborne come from and the highest achievements of the arcane are driven from. That the majority don't practice it doen'st change the capability, and simply means that those amongst them that do, like the highborne caste still around oand Moonguard would be at the very top of the field and not 2nd best to any other race.

The Nightborne at first glance should have the highest arcane capacity seeing that like the Shen'dralar community hey continued heavily in magic, but unlike them went further to ingesting arcane for food further arcanising them. THis one would assume means your arcane acpacity is higher, but we don't know, it could actually easily be written as lower too because of the excessive use. The excessive use todes mean they are quite practised in the aracne. But who would want the enhancements of the Nightwell? no one, not even the Nightborne, seeing that the end of such imbalance actually will lead to an irreversible breakdown of the elven body. this is why the Arcan'dor is around and reverses this distortion.

Both Naga and Satyr would be more powerful than the original night elves, but do you want to be an aberration or demon enhanced elf? yo umay consider yourself more than elf now, but you've lost something. It's also why Nightborne chose to get help and drain the Nightwell, although I'd have preferred the Nightwell to remain but they control themselves better - but then I've never been an addict so, maybe in such circumstances, when you've over used a substance that would otherwise have been quite good for you, to heal you must labandon it, or suffer the consequence as it slowly devours you.

Powerwise:

Phisical wise:

Kael had most of his people's army , including warriors wiped out, they'd have been guarding Anasterian, and Quelt'thalas, and would have been at the frontline of the battle, wiped out. Kael'thas as a mage would likely have had mage like spell enhanced and adept fighters at his side.

Initially remember blood elves couldn't be warriors, but it was so silly seeing that anyone can be a warrior if they know how to fight, and you can't expect an ancient race like the blood elves to have no one able to fight physically.

Also remember initially the blood elf male was slimmer, he was bulked up blizzard said to fit the horde better.. I remember. All this supports your analysis, but I'm glad it changed.

The blood elf may have been weakened by the exile, but the Sunwell , an arcane source would have empowered them again, enhancing their bodies and minds , this would likely put them physically and lifespan wise ahead of humans, and they're certainly more adept. I believe the Farstrider is more accomplished than a warrior. A ranger has to be able to fight like warrior, hunt like a hunter, his range of abilities is far greater.

they may not have had warriors persay, but they'd have had better than warriors, the ranger. Besides, I don't think Kael'thas had any rangers with him, are we to assume that blood elves rangers would be far less than human or kaldorei ones?

I remember reading some Blood elf novellas, the blood elf rangers can out manoeuvre Forest trolls

3+ Year Old Account
    Ok, they can use a shield, this makes people think they are warriors, except they not, they mostly buffers and debuffers, they magical unites. When Garithos taked all the footmen and Paladins with him, Kael got really angry and expressely stated that he din't had a single valid warrior with him, i think he even did a joke with Blood Elven archers, but i haven't played WC3 in more then 3 years.

The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

I make Warcraft 3 Reforged HD custom models and I'm also an HD model reviewer.

Quote Originally Posted by Tanaria View Post
    Night Elves also spawned the Naga, High Elves and Satyr.
    The second race, which as far as the customization goes, will be given to the Alliance and the Horde.

I know plenty of Alliance fans (not the WoW High Elf fanatuc forum fans obviously), but the majority of people are happy with this. I suppose the alliance fans (which aren't that many), who still want alliance nightborne/suramar on the alliance, will make do with playable "High Elves."
    Also, Thalyssra and Lor'themar are getting it on, so I suppose any possibility of the Nightborne joining the Night Elves or the Alliance has long since sailed.
    At this stage does it even matter who joins who? Nightborne are on the alliance as Highborne, and yes I know that's the reverse way of putting it because it is actually Highborne on the horde as Nightborne - - the ship sailed when blizzard made the Nightborne playable on the horde, as it did for high elves when they made void elves plyaable on the alliance.

Tbh most of this is alliance fans who became horde for the lblood elves taking issue with alliance fans who stayed with the alliance wanting the shiniy stuff from their race that blizzard made only accessible to the horde, and horde former alliance fans wanting it to be exclusive to them as if to vindicate their choice for switching factions, all unravelled with the void elves going halliance - that the night elves went horde isn't nearly as intnse or controversial as the former, and now the skin tones have come, most people now are like..what was all the fuss about.

Maybet his is the case because high elves and night elves were both originally alliance race and have most of their identity actually and likeness with the alliance, they will ever be perceived that way, as long as blizzard keep putting high elves and nighte lves on the horde, it's going to be this way - after a certain point, since they did this, you just have to settle with both groups having features from the other.

At the end of the day alliance high elf fans do not want blood elves - but they want cool sexy , nice looking stuff
    alliance highborne NElf fans do not want Nightborne either - but they certainly want their highborne looking high class sophistacted and want their night elven pre-sundering wondrous civilization too.

Blizzard is the one that shared both elves with the horde, do not be surprised with customisation opening up, you are going to see night elves with highborne options that are closer to Nightborne, just as you see void elves with high elf customisations closer to the blood elves - and no one can argue, because both Highborne and high elves are actually on the alliance and have been before blood elves and Nightborne were made to join the horde.

10+ Year Old Account
    Initially remember blood elves couldn't be warriors, but it was so silly seeing that anyone can be a warrior if they know how to fight, and you can't expect an ancient race like the blood elves to have no one able to fight physically.
    Descending from Highborn, the High Elfs focused only on magic, that is the reason why BE are not meant to be warriors.

High Elfs are not that old as a race, they only around 10k years, BE less then 30 as a separate faction.

Also, there is a huge diference betwin being an ancient race and being ancient creatures. HE/BE are not imortal, and all Kaldorei have been imortal untill not long ago, every single Highborne has the experience of countless years, some, migh have lived 15k years.

Even a less powerfull Highborne would easely trick a much youger HE/BE magician with dirty trick after dirty trick. In really life, that is what older people do with younger ones, lol.

they may not have had warriors persay, but they'd have had better than warriors, the ranger. Besides, I don't think Kael'thas had any rangers with him, are we to assume that blood elves rangers would be far less than human or kaldorei ones?
    He had rangers with him, and he did a joke about going into the enemy's base with nothing else then sticks, that was what Kael said in WC3.

Descending from Highborn, the High Elfs focused only on magic, that is the reason why BE are not meant to be warriors.

High Elfs are not that old as a race, they only around 10k years, BE less then 30 as a separate faction.

Also, there is a huge diference betwin being an ancient race and being ancient creatures. HE/BE are not imortal, and all Kaldorei have been imortal untill not long ago, every single Highborne has the experience of countless years, some, migh have lived 15k years.

Even a less powerfull Highborne would easely trick a much youger HE/BE magician with dirty trick after dirty trick. In really life, that is what older people do with younger ones, lol.
    Even in the most magically gifted caste of the night elves, there were people trained and were good at physical combat. Captain Varothen, Highborne, was a warrior, Spellblade Aluriel was a Kaldorei General warrior mage. It's hard to imagine the high elves or blood elves somehow can't be warriors. So a gnome has more strength then?

I know the High elves were weakened by the exile, but not so much that they couldn't be warriors, they have afterall been fighting in a lot of wars. Anyway, what's the argument here, they can be warriors, no point saying they are not , although you can be of the opinion they should not, I disagree.

And night elves are very old, they've been around 15,000 years which is more than every race save trolls, 15,000 years is a very long time, 10,000 years is a very long time... don't let how often we refer to the standard making it seem a trivial amount. Elven races have btuil great civilizations before humans even existsed in the Warcraft universe, and fought lots of wars, both night and high elves - if anything warrior would be too basic a term, it is likely most of their racial physical classes do all of that and more. Don't hink how anyone thinks a 70 year old lifespan race can be warriors when one that lives for a thousand year or 10,000 years doesn't have the skill, intelligence, acumen or strength to actually fight .. I'm not buying it.

I agree BElf warriors were a must, excluding htem was as silly as excluding Kul'tiran mages, and certainly made more sense than Zandalari Warlocks.

- - - Updated - - -

Hmm..btw, do we know exactly what Spellbreakers are? are they a class of their own? A type of a class? or are they an order that people of several classes can be a part of if they learn the special skill of spellbreaking - i.e. you can have warrior, priest, mage spell breakers.

Do we ever know for sure?

10+ Year Old Account
    Hmm..btw, do we know exactly what Spellbreakers are? are they a class of their own? A type of a class? or are they an order that people of several classes can be a part of if they learn the special skill of spellbreaking - i.e. you can have warrior, priest, mage spell breakers.

Do we ever know for sure?
    I'm not sure, but i think one of BE racial's comes from WC3 units. Suposely, all BE are Spellbreakers aswell... Can't say more, because Blizzard never said anything else about spellbreakers.

alliance highborne NElf fans do not want Nightborne either - but they certainly want their highborne looking high class sophistacted and want their night elven pre-sundering wondrous civilization too.
    What - all 3 of you?

I'm not sure, but i think one of BE racial's comes from WC3 units. Suposely, all BE are Spellbreakers aswell... Can't say more, because Blizzard never said anything else about spellbreakers.
    Indeed, for allwe know, Spellbreaker can be a type of magical warrior, Spell breaking can be a skill or technique most Thalassians can do, but those who specialise and have developed it into a unique style of combat are called spellbreakers.

They could be an official order, or a specilaised set of units - anything ranging from an additive set of techniques to a full discipline.

I think spell breakers with shields indicates the closest class to them would be a warrior, but one also armed against magical combat - could be a type of warrior mage too, early Warcraft 3 RPG game lore had a lot of emphasis on the kaldorei during the long vigil become great at operating against spell users - this made sense coming from a race that had the most gifted and powerful spell users with a mission to prevent spell casting during that period. This means that spellbreaking could have originated from this period too, and developed amongst the Long vigil kaldorei to carry out their cause. It could even bet hat instead of becoming druids, most Sunstrider highborne spearheaded this is a way of being useful, we know that many Moonguard and other highborne from around the empire that found the surviors switched to druidism during this period to uphold the ban. I'm greatly speculating.

Spellbreakers could be an entirely Thalassian thing though as well, even though it makes sense to have come from the long vigil period, even if it as lead by Thlassians, I can't imagine the magic of the trolls whiles new and posing trouble would have been the biggest problem for the elves, but Spellbreaking could have developed from these skirmishes and wars.

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    Night elves would be the standard all the other elves want to return to. While it is true most night elves in the alliance group don't practice the arcane, they would have the greatest natural capacity for it. Remember blood elves were nerfed by the exile in comparison to the night elf,
    Do you have any evidence for this? The high elf shift was from nocturnal to diurnal, not becoming less arcane. In fact thanks to the Sunwell the High/Blood Elves have been infused with arcane energy for thousands of years longer than the Kalimdor Night Elves, to the point that their bodies became biologically dependent on the arcane. This is even more true of the Nightborne and the Nightwell.

I agree that the Kalimdor Night Elves, like all elves, have a strong biological link with the arcane because of their evolution around the Well of Eternity. But they are several thousand years behind the Blood Elves and Nightborne who continued to infuse their bodies with the arcane even after the Sundering. The Kalimdor Night Elves deliberately chose not to do the same with the second well, hence why they instead got their immortality from Nozdormu and can survive fine without arcane energy.

world of Warcraft Illidan Novel: https://www.amazon.co.uk/World-Warcraft-Illidan
    world of Warcraft Legion Version 7.0 - in game content
    ok, i got to jump in this, this is NOT how a source should look, first of all link for shop is kind of useless, but thats not that important...
    BUT! you are pointing towards certain parts of the book, not the book whole, so you should have quote from the book, on which you base your assumption, name of the book, and preferably with page number... if its longer pasage then perhaps chapter number should suffice, otherwise its just "i read this book so i know best", not a real source...
    for the game, you should point exact story, so quest with id and link to wowhead or similar page, otherwise its again "i played through game so i must know"

ofc, you dont HAVE to be precise with sourcing, but then dont try to pretend something is a fact rather than opinion/asumption, when its not really baesed on something you are able to share...
    Last edited by Lolites; 2020-05-30 at 04:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    ok, i got to jump in this, this is NOT how a source should look, first of all link for shop is kind of useless, but thats not that important...
    BUT! you are pointing towards certain parts of the book, not the book whole, so you should have quote from the book, on which you base your assumption, name of the book, and preferably with page number... if its longer pasage then perhaps chapter number should suffice, otherwise its just "i read this book so i know best", not a real source...
    for the game, you should point exact story, so quest with id and link to wowhead or similar page, otherwise its again "i played through game so i must know"

ofc, you dont HAVE to be precise with sourcing, but then dont try to pretend something is a fact rather than opinion/asumption, when its not really baesed on something you are able to share...
    Oh you're right, but then a lot of what I was writing was summarising much of the information in those books, and I had already put a lot of work into this topic. given that it isn't a wiki, I felt it was enough, and that if people really wanted to know, they could do the leg work themselves like I have done over the years.

If they go through the material and still can't find it, then they can come back to me on here or private message, and I can assist them further, this would show that they are seriously invested into actually knowing what happened rather than causing trouble and just saying things because they don't want to accept or even etntertain any of this because they set the night elves a certain way in their head and just don't want ot accept anything different.

Unfortunately, these are the ones that have been writing incorrect information like Night elves aren't highborne, or night elves can't use arcane magic, not even botherint to take seriously what I've written which is immediately clear by some of the responses. The information is all there in those volumes and quests, that's where I got it from and have described them as I saw them. They are ofc free to highlight any specific part they have trouble with and we might be able to look closer.