5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Santti View Post
    "Asians are great at math" is very common.

(Which is not very positive at all, since it puts pressure for the Asian to perform well in math. Being just mediocre would mean you are in fact, dumb.)
    its very common for people to ask if i am ladyboy too because im thai...

Quote Originally Posted by Yuujin View Post
    I just assumed he asked for a citation because you used the word drastically. You're saying racism has seen an extreme drop, which I personally wouldn't believe unless you could provide evidence to support it. You're implying there has been a huge improvement, as opposed to have just said that it dropped which would have been less impressive.
    Just googling for 5 seconds gave me

https://igpa.uillinois.edu/programs/...udes#section-5

The state has changed for the better massively just in the past 50 years.

The police force will sooner or later be exchanged with more knowledgeable and tolerant people. Maybe fight for them to increase the entry barrier to becoming a cop and to spend more money on training in the future if you want short term solutions.
    Last edited by StayTuned; 2020-05-31 at 02:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    There is unquestionably unacceptable and unjust levels of racism in this country. It took ONE HUNDRED YEARS after the freeing of slaves for African Americans to get the vote. It was a bloody and violent fight, and the same people touting MLK's nonviolence now are the same who made him the "Most Hated Man in America" up until HE WAS ASSASSINATED despite his nonviolence.

Then, these same duplicitous motherfuckers who wanted to set the when and where for minority liberation spent the next 40 years overpolicing, overarresting, overcharging, overconvicting, oversentencing black people, pushing them into the inner city and then promptly abandoning it, starting a Drug War that has been, at its root, fundamentally racist, and killing young black men en masse. NWA pointed it out in a song thirty years ago, and no one believed them in the white community.

Now, cameras for the past 10 years have started to show the true nature of how police and the status quo treat black people in this country. And it isn't pretty. And it's horrifyingly racist. And now these selfsame motherfuckers want to misinterpret MLK to again say "This is how you have to do it" when they've already shown a propensity to kill, maim, and/or ignore them when they do it. They choose to temper the actual beliefs of MLK into a form of passive resistance that was not present.
    Just...well said. Thank you.
    Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition, to wit: There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect. There is nothing more or else to it, and there never has been, in any place or time. --Frank Wilhoit

Are you saying that the pictures and the video are fake? Look at the picture I edited in. Can you really say without any doubt he didn't shoot him?
    Yes. He tried to and missed, luckily. You can see the arrow pass above after he falls (white blob to the left in the second image. Took a while of staring at the video in slow-mo to find and follow). Hopefully, he didn't hit anyone out of the frame instead, but based on how the arrow was travelling I doubt he did. What an idiot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by StayTuned View Post
    Just googling for 5 seconds gave me

[IMG]http://igpa.uillinois.edu/sites/igpa.uillinois.edu/files/racial_attitudes/Fig1W.gif[/

https://igpa.uillinois.edu/programs/...udes#section-5

The state has changed for the better massively just in the past 50 years.

The police force will sooner or later be exchanged with more knowledgeable and tolerant people. Maybe fight for them to increase the entry barrier to becoming a cop and to spend more money on training in the future if you want short term solutions.
    It's still pretty sad these are not all at 100% still.

Like, only 85~% of the population is OK with interracial marriage? Like, wtf?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    "Black people have big cocks and are the best dancers." Just because you can point to a positive stereotype doesn't mean they don't deal with hateful bigotry.
    But of course. It was just an example of a "positive stereotype" that are pointed towards asians. Them being a minority, I have no doubt they face all kinds of hateful bigotry.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonk View Post
    And again, let’s presume equity in schools is achievable. Then why should a parent read to a child?

Quote Originally Posted by Natta Lmo View Post
    lol... ^^

experiences vary...
    they do, that still doesn't change the fact asians are americas darling minority and often get the positive form of racism, doesn't mean the other kind of racism doesn't happen. Or they'll get the trivial racism, like the konnichiha shit, but they won't get chased down while ignoring a white person in the middle of a crime when they were just looking at their phone texting listening to music...

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post

I don't disagree that it's still sad.

5+ Year Old Account
    But of course. It was just an example of a "positive stereotype" that are pointed towards asians. Them being a minority, I have no doubt they face all kinds of hateful bigotry.
    lol... u have people travelling here and asking us if we have dicks because they think ladyboys are so prevalent... black, white, arab, indian men... japanese... korean... everyone does that... we don't even have to be in another country for it...

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    "Black people have big cocks and are the best dancers." Just because you can point to a positive stereotype doesn't mean they don't deal with hateful bigotry.
    that wasn't the point being made...

The point I was making was... an Asian person visiting America telling black and latinos that they overflow racism is ridiculous because one they're Asian... and go through an entirely different type of racism... there was not systemic factors negatively affect Asians and being America's darling minority the racism they face is the more straight hateful kind or the positive stereotype.

Rarely the targeted "they're asian and must be up to crime".

So Asian TOURISTS telling black and latinos AMERICANS that they overflow racism because they don't see much racism when in America is honestly stupid.

It's like me visiting Japan not seeing a filipino person face discrimination and then declare there is no racism against filipinos in Japan...

5+ Year Old Account

that's exceedingly high...

https://www.news4jax.com/news/local/...cessive-force/

No words.
    And people are really surprised that at some point it boiled over?

TLDR:
    Police parked in her driveway, didn't leave property and gave no reason.
    She called other cops to help.
    Instead they entered her home and used excessive force.
    SHE was arrested for "attacking" the cop and resisting arrest.
    Wtf is wrong with cops in the US.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh? Is it too high for you? Do too many people support interracial marriage for your taste?

Is it? how is that "exceedingly high"

5+ Year Old Account
    Oh? Is it too high for you? Do too many people support interracial marriage for your taste?
    i dont care if someone wants to marry interracial lol...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    Is it? how is that "exceedingly high"
    compare to other countries... it is exceedingly high...

Quote Originally Posted by Inuyaki View Post
    https://www.news4jax.com/news/local/...cessive-force/

No words.
    And people are really surprised that at some point it boiled over?

TLDR:
    Police parked in her driveway, didn't leave property and gave no reason.
    She called other cops to help.
    Instead they entered her home and used excessive force.
    SHE was arrested for "attacking" the cop and resisting arrest.
    Wtf is wrong with cops in the US.
    We later learned he was there reading emails. She asked him to leave."

The officer can be heard in the recording saying that the driveway was public access. Reganel Reeves of the Cochran Firm, Williams’ attorney, maintains that the driveway belongs to his client.

The officer can also be heard in the recording saying he was reading emails.

Reeves said his client’s right were violated.
    A lot is wrong, as in everything.

10+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

I mean, yeah, compared to a 3rd world country that might be high, but the U.S. prides itself on being a developed and modern progressive country.

85% is still way too low for those qualifier above to be true.

- - - Updated - - -

There being more racism in other countries doesn't really mean it is exceedingly high... it means other countries are exceedingly low.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd like to see numbers for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonk View Post
    And again, let’s presume equity in schools is achievable. Then why should a parent read to a child?

5+ Year Old Account
    I mean, yeah, compared to a 3rd world country that might be high, but the U.S. prides itself on being a developed and modern progressive country.

85% is still way too low for those qualifier above to be true.
    compare to japan and south korea then...