5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    It's still pretty sad these are not all at 100% still.

Like, only 85~% of the population is OK with interracial marriage? Like, wtf?
    I'm actually surprised it's that high and I live in the Midwest.
    Moderator of the General Off-Topic, Politics, Lore, and RP Forums
    "If you have any concerns, let me know via PM. I'll do my best to assist you."

Quote Originally Posted by Natta Lmo View Post
    compare to japan and south korea then...
    Two countries renowned for their closed off society and overt racism towards people who aren't like them? Yeah racism is unfortunately very common there.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rozz View Post

Chances are it is lower... being that so many people live in cities and populated states I'd venture to say if you start looking at individual states we'd notice a different trend.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rozz View Post
    I mean, that's probably a good chunk of the 15%

Or... Well... Maybe not "good chunk" considering how sparse the population can be in the Midwest, but you get my meaning.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    There being more racism in other countries doesn't really mean it is exceedingly high... it means other countries are exceedingly low.
    usa is well in the top in acceptance of interracial marriage...

10+ Year Old Account
    compare to japan and south korea then...
    Yeah, Japan and SK, two highly homogeneous countries with a history of being closed off to outsiders.

It's a problem there too. It doesn't make 85% exceedingly high by comparison.

usa is well in the top in acceptance of interracial marriage...
    yeah.. I know... but the topic here was approval not raw numbers of marriages happening.

5+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, Japan and SK, two highly homogeneous countries with a history of being closed off to outsiders.

It's a problem there too. It doesn't make 85% exceedingly high by comparison.
    85% is exceedingly high... it puts usa among the top...

5+ Year Old Account
    Chances are it is lower... being that so many people live in cities and populated states I'd venture to say if you start looking at individual states we'd notice a different trend.
    I mean, that's probably a good chunk of the 15%

Or... Well... Maybe not "good chunk" considering how sparse the population can be in the Midwest, but you get my meaning.
    I get what you both mean. These sorts of things get tricky depending on the state or urban/rural settings.
    Moderator of the General Off-Topic, Politics, Lore, and RP Forums
    "If you have any concerns, let me know via PM. I'll do my best to assist you."

Quote Originally Posted by StayTuned View Post
    Just googling for 5 seconds gave me

https://igpa.uillinois.edu/programs/...udes#section-5

The state has changed for the better massively just in the past 50 years.

The police force will sooner or later be exchanged with more knowledgeable and tolerant people. Maybe fight for them to increase the entry barrier to becoming a cop and to spend more money on training in the future if you want short term solutions.
    I would never just 'google' something. Did you read the conclusions associated with the graph you copied? It's quite the read.
    Last edited by Yuujin; 2020-05-31 at 02:57 AM.

that wasn't the point being made...

The point I was making was... an Asian person visiting America telling black and latinos that they overflow racism is ridiculous because one they're Asian... and go through an entirely different type of racism... there was not systemic factors negatively affect Asians and being America's darling minority the racism they face is the more straight hateful kind or the positive stereotype.

Rarely the targeted "they're asian and must be up to crime".

So Asian TOURISTS telling black and latinos AMERICANS that they overflow racism because they don't see much racism when in America is honestly stupid.

It's like me visiting Japan not seeing a filipino person face discrimination and then declare there is no racism against filipinos in Japan...
    How's come you only care about blacks and latinos? Do native american's not matter? I mean they literally have to carry a native american identification card that says how native american they are...
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

Quote Originally Posted by the game View Post
    How's come you only care about blacks and latinos? Do native american's not matter? I mean they literally have to carry a native american identification card that says how native american they are...
    Don't act like you give two shits.

I have made topics and spoken about issues in the Native American community multiple times. Is your idea that if something isn't mentioned that therefore they mustn't care this is the same stupid argument used by people to say BLM is bad because then you're saying white lives don't matter... yeah no, that isn't how that works.

If I talk about issues facing the gay community do you think that also means I don't care about bisexual people or transgendered people? If so, you need to do the very act of thinking better.

Don't act like you give two shits.

I have made topics and spoken about issues in the Native American community multiple times. Is your idea that if something isn't mentioned that therefore they mustn't care this is the same stupid argument used by people to say BLM is bad because then you're saying white lives don't matter... yeah no, that isn't how that works.

If I talk about issues facing the gay community do you think that also means I don't care about bisexual people or transgendered people? If so, you need to do the very act of thinking better.
    I think you don't care about anyone who doesn't fit your agenda.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

Quote Originally Posted by Santti View Post
    What is it that you would suggest? Anything peaceful is pretty much out. Nobody gives a shit. It hasn't worked so far, and minorities are still oppressed like usual.

How about you stop murdering and oppressing the minorities first, and there wouldn't be a reason to protest? Lives are more important than stuff. In an unjust system, people tend to get pissed off something fierce. No surprises there.
    There is no justification for ruining people's personal property. Condoning it disqualifies you from any moral high ground you try to take.

10+ Year Old Account
    You're purposely twisting words.

I've seen Themius call out police brutality towards all races.

The poster they are talking trying to tell black people what it's like to be black in America while not even being a citizen of the US.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    You're purposely twisting words.

I've seen Themius call out police brutality towards all races.

The poster they are talking trying to tell black people what it's like to be black in America while not even being a citizen of the US.
    I'm not twisting anything. I'm asking why he isn't mentioning them here. They face quite alot of racism. But he only mentions two ethnicities. and quantifies that asians are not as oppressed as other groups. if we're talking about racism being an issue then all racism needs to be addressed. not just focus on 2 ethnicities.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not twisting anything. I'm asking why he isn't mentioning them here. They face quite alot of racism. But he only mentions two ethnicities. and quantifies that asians are not as oppressed as other groups. if we're talking about racism being an issue then all racism needs to be addressed. not just focus on 2 ethnicities.
    This is a deliberately bad-faith response. Nothing in his argument suggested that the two groups he mentioned were the only groups facing prejudice. You're making that shit up out of nothing, and pretending it's what Themius was saying, when it wasn't.

I think you don't care about anyone who doesn't fit your agenda.
    You may want to actually look into my past topics about police and crime I have always been consistent, and the victims have varying backgrounds. Stop pretending.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    There is no justification for ruining people's personal property. Condoning it disqualifies you from any moral high ground you try to take.
    Two wrongs are not equal because they're both wrong.

Sincerely hope the other cops get charged, particularly that dwarf that stood by doing nothing while aggravating the bystanders on camera.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Rioting breaking out all over the country. There are indications that incels and white supremicists are being trucked in from out-of-state to ramp up the violence. Reports coming from Eugene, OR (not a major metropolis) showing white people looting and violence with black people peacefully asking them to stop.

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    Rioting breaking out all over the country. There are indications that incels and white supremicists are being trucked in from out-of-state to ramp up the violence. Reports coming from Eugene, OR (not a major metropolis) showing white people looting and violence with black people peacefully asking them to stop.
    Yeah... like the video with the white umbrella guy smashing windows with a black guy approaching him seeming either to ask him what he is doing to get him to stop. And arrests are again, out of state yet the blame gets laid on black people..