Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Arainie View Post
    I think that says more about you than it does about Blizzard.

The response is riddled with errors but it's clearly understandable and if you'd rather wait longer to get a response written in perfect English then I'm sure they'll be happy to oblige if you ask next time. WoW probably has twice the number of tickets put in compared to normal numbers right now and it wouldn't surprise me the least if they use their FR/DE/ES/IT etc staff to help out with the English tickets when they have time.
    Agreed and they absolutely use their non-native English staff right now to support the English, especially with a high-ticket load that they probably have.

There was a few misspellings but yeah it was readable without a shadow of a doubt, as for the OP. This is literally a First world Problem., if I had received this, I would gone ok, that's fine, then again I have worked within Customer service so I guess I give bit more respect to my fellow Customer Services people...

Only about 12% of Europeans are native English speakers, so it is no wonder they employ a lot more support staff of other languages. And as others said, I have my ticket solved with a couple of spelling mistakes if that means getting it faster.

Also: that's some minimum wage kinda gig so who the fuck cares if the person types N-Zot instead of N-Zoth.

10+ Year Old Account
    This just looks like a complaint for the sake of complaining.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    OP should have either been given the boilerplate 'No' cut/paste and left to stew, or left in the queue until an English speaker could have addressed his thread.

Props to Blizzard for trying to actually respond in a reasonable time. Middle finger to the people that dont appreciate that effort.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Raptar View Post
    Hello guys,

So I wanted to share this with you. Not because my problem wasn't solved (I somewhat knew that before hand, it really was my fault), but because of the quality of the response. When a GM doens't know fundamental names of the current game it's really kind of silly.

From a company like Blizzard you don't expect this I think. You would expect a little more professionality right?

And no this isn't a bash to modern World of Warcraft. Unpopular opinion, but I really enjoy BfA and looking forward to Shadowlands as well. It's just that this is beneath the quality and standards of Blizzard.
    its a game, i expect less professionality

I personally don't care about someone English skills as long as it's good enough to help me or explain the situation.

I care more about enthusiasm from whoever helps me rather than spelling. Enthusiasm makes me feel like they want to help me while standard support answers tend to be stale and makes it seem they don't want to help but just appear professional.

This guy /girl is brimming with it. Others should learn a thing or two from him /her.
    Last edited by Kumorii; 2020-05-31 at 11:58 AM.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

They are way less responsive now. Definitely short-handed from the layoffs in the past

My biggest issue with Blizzard GMs now is that a lot of the responses you get from them are automated responses posing as actual CS reps.

OP, you are Karen. Would you like to speak to the manager about your spelling complaint?

Hello guys,

So I wanted to share this with you. Not because my problem wasn't solved (I somewhat knew that before hand, it really was my fault), but because of the quality of the response. When a GM doens't know fundamental names of the current game it's really kind of silly.

From a company like Blizzard you don't expect this I think. You would expect a little more professionality right?

And no this isn't a bash to modern World of Warcraft. Unpopular opinion, but I really enjoy BfA and looking forward to Shadowlands as well. It's just that this is beneath the quality and standards of Blizzard.
    I agree with you in relation to the fact that I have no idea what the hell the GM is saying.

15+ Year Old Account
    Hello guys,

How is life when u have to walk around with a stick far up ur ass?

WoW/blizzard has to many things u can criticize and u pick THIS thing?
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

10+ Year Old Account
    Never knew we had germs in WoW.
    This game just keeps on surprising me year after year.

Unless it is an in-game item issue, I pretty much put all my tickets as billing issues to talk to a live GM. They all can do the same things, at least at the first level and live chat is so much better.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't even know what the complaint initially is for the GM to respond, nor do I even know what point the GM is trying to get across.

This thread, what is even

Quote Originally Posted by KOUNTERPARTS View Post
    I don't even know what the complaint initially is for the GM to respond, nor do I even know what point the GM is trying to get across.

This thread, what is even
    It sounds like the OP accidentally used a token item and created a piece of a gear or socket. They then opened a ticket to see if they could get the token back for whatever reason (accident, meant to use on alt, used on wrong item, etc). The GM then said no but instead just saying no, attempted to explain. It seems like they must not handle English chat all the time and are assisting.

As for the thread, its just to make fun of someone having grammatical and spelling errors.

As for the thr

Quote Originally Posted by Rexosaurus View Post
    That can't be real. I know that's supposed to be an EU GM and that by the greeting they're probably French, but I find it hard to believe that someone as bad at English as that would be put into a customer service position where they have to speak English.

I don't care when GMs are super friendly, but that shit is riiiiife with rambling, misspellings, poor grammar, etc.
    You would understand if you knew how little money they actually make as GM's

Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    Well you get what you pay for. This is what cutting corners looks like.
    Lol.

I have talked to a few GMs even the last 3-4 years, one just recently and they were just as friendly and informative as they were in 2008.

Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    Lol.

I have talked to a few GMs even the last 3-4 years, one just recently and they were just as friendly and informative as they were in 2008.
    How nice for you dude. Lol.

That email almost looks like it's been machine translated to me. Or maybe written by a French guy who's not entirely fluent in English.

You are right in that i didn't expect this of blizz, i always assumed they wrote like 5 explanation emails and distributed those to GMs to copy/paste, seems like this one wrote his own explanation email to copy/paste.
    Last edited by Hellobolis; 2020-05-31 at 02:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    Well you get what you pay for. This is what cutting corners looks like.
    This is what non native english speakers and writers look like. Has nothing to do with cutting corners. It has everything to do with tons of WoW activity due to a nearly workd wide lock down causing ticket submissions to increase to a point they are plausibly being redirected to other regions to handle the case load.

But keep the snark up. This forum need more of that.