Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Velshin View Post
    Hah! guess again! you really don't know me. I indeed know more than you which is explains why your brain can't function and don't get why I even created this topic in the first place really. My main topic is about comparing how companies used to show case their products by releasing just one main trailers VS today era where companies releasing million of teasers and multiple trailers. But yeah you are too dense to understand and just see it as "crying and complaining" with you limited small brain you can't even think outside the box really.
    You dont know enough to realize that their marketing works

If you had really wanted an answer to your topic the internet would have provided it for you. Instead you come here to harangue and grief folks.
    Last edited by Seranthor; 2020-05-30 at 09:01 PM.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    You dont know enough to realize that their marketing works, it even has you frothing at the mouth.
    Just because it works doesn't mean it is great. Micro transaction and pay to win works amazing for companies and bring them tons of money. Is it great for the quality of the product itself? hell fuck no

See? your brain only function with "what benefits me and bring me money = "then it is good" which is the mentality of fucking corporate people in Blizzard. I bet Allen will love you when you work with him really.

Quote Originally Posted by WaltherLeopold View Post
    I never watch trailers for anything anymore, since some of them have just massively spoiled the twist, or major plot points.

Most egregious example on top of my head is that terminator movie where they spoiled in the trailer that he was a terminator.

So, since a few years back, I just dont watch that stuff, I always fast forward past "last week on" or "next week of" segments in shows too.
    ^^^^

At this point, I just wait for good word of mouth on something. If it sounds like I might like it, then I either look at some gameplay footage or start watching from the beginning. If I like what I see, I continue. If I don't, I drop it and move on.

10+ Year Old Account
    You dont know enough to realize that their marketing works

If you had really wanted an answer to your topic the internet would have provided it for you. Instead you come here to harangue and grief folks.
    I don't want google to give me any answers I was curious to see the people answer here really as simple as that but I guess your brain can't understand that.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't want google to give me any answers I was curious to see the people answer here really as simple as that but I guess your brain can't understand that.
    So you wanted US to do your work for you. Got it.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

I mean I will give an example about the walking dead tv series ok? the episode is roughly 40 ish to 46 mins or something like that (there are few exception extended episodes) for one episode they release a 1 min or more trailer for that certain episode then few days later you will see another sneak peek which is totally different part of the episode other than what we already saw in that official trailer of the episode, then they will fucking release another video calling it the first 2 mins of the episode.. that is like what? you already saw like 30% of the episode before even officially released or aired? what is the point? I remember back in the day they will just release one single trailer per the season or per an episode and thats it! I fucking hate how they released million of video footages just to hype things up.. I mean I know it is an important thing for the company but for the viewers and the consumers it is a loss actually not a win.
    Lets walk through this real quick. There are two 1 minute trailers and a 2 minute trailer all exclusive of one another content wise. That is a grand total of 4 minutes. Where exactly is the 30% from again? Oh your ass... Got it.

Even if it is 30% of the content. Please explain why how others consume content bothers you or is in anyway your business.

part of it could be the word hype, it's not used correctly anymore. so marketing uses hype (spoiling stuff), to get people hyped (correct usage of the word), which makes people think/say they are 'so hype' (shudders), which is kind of gross on the consumer/viewer's part/responsibility. don't get irresponsibly hyped up for something because if you do the marketing will just go straight to that technique instead of enticing you (in order to win you over / reel you in.).

also yeah, superhero flick are commercials for the next superhero flick. they're kind of empty now.

people got overly excited about customization option, now we have races who won't get their own official inclusion in the game; wildhammers, sandtrolls, certain elves, probably more too who will be replaced by customization. can't blame people for getting to excited but it blinds them and then tells marketing and advertising they don't need to try they only need to reveal.
    Last edited by dunkl; 2020-05-30 at 09:37 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don’t understand it either. I’ve hated spoilers my entire life. If I’m looking forward to something I want to know as little about it as I can. I also do not watch trailers at all anymore. Actually I pretty much avoid all content that pertains to whatever I am awaiting to arrive until I can experience it.

I’ll never understand people that actively look for spoilers. Oh well, people are stupid what can I say

10+ Year Old Account
    I stopped watching trailers after the S10 Doctor Who trailer gave away the biggest, greatest twist the show had ever thrown at me IN THE DAMN TRAILER!
    US - Eitrigg - <Bank Space is Magic>
    Delupi, Amoora, Jisu, Beahru, Rusa, Yeun, Neralyis, Usii, Razzil, Zaramja, Oshaz, Shawnie, Iziss, Gearsi(A)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skizzit View Post
    I think Marvel learned from that. Now they just straight up lie in trailers and show scenes there are not in the movie or edit them to hide stuff. They did that with Thor's eye in Ragnarok and to hide the hulkbuster armor in Infinity War.
    TO be fair, hiding Thor's eye damage in Ragnarok was to preserve a plot twist. So I'm fine with that.

The major lie was the scene where you see Loki in his classic outfit, flipping his twin daggers. That doesn't happen AT ALL in the movie...

But yeah, I think the backlash they got over AoU definitely taught them a few lessons. Which is to their credit, I guess.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Quote Originally Posted by Ladey Gags View Post
    I don’t understand it either. I’ve hated spoilers my entire life. If I’m looking forward to something I want to know as little about it as I can. I also do not watch trailers at all anymore. Actually I pretty much avoid all content that pertains to whatever I am awaiting to arrive until I can experience it.

I’ll never understand people that actively look for spoilers. Oh well, people are stupid what can I say
    It's fairly simple and obvious. If people are in the mood for an action flick about robots, they want to know that they get an action flick with robots doing the action, not a character drama about teenagers with robots being background noise. Your premise is that you already look forward to something, which implies you have knowledge about it. The general movie going audience knows jack shit about movies, unless it's sequell and even then they usuall don't know the latest bottom of the barrel batman villain and prefer (even subconciously) to know what the movie is going to be about. This becomes especially important for movies with names that only have some vague or ethereal connection to something within the story, but tell you jack shit otherwise.

Also again, it's not like trailers by default spoil the twist at the end or the resoltuion of stories. They usually show some minor surprises (if you haven't seen movies at all in your life) about where the plot is taking a turn halfway through to entice people to go and watch it, because giving just some hints about the first 5 minutes of a movie is usually not enough.

People that actively look for spoilers usually already have a vague idea about the content and just want confimation that the movie follows the source material, does it justice, or they were already disapointed by a previous entry into the series and want to know how good or bad it is (like star wars/trek). I mean I've stopped reading books after getting some spoilers that the story down the line turns into shit, I always appreciate it, as I don't have to waste my time getting invested into a story to be immensly disapointed later.
    Last edited by Cosmic Janitor; 2020-05-31 at 07:34 AM.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

It's really unfortunate that you have deluded yourself into thinking you know more than you actually do. There are a few people around like myself that were born before Armstrong walked on the moon, which means you are likely young enough to be my child.
    Damn son, internet OG for real? I’ve always found it interesting being that I personally grew up in both eras, pre and post widely available internet and, by extension, home PCs. I wonder what that era was like to witness as an adult who embraced the technology rather than avoiding it like many did.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rotted View Post
    Holy shit yes on movie trailers. So many trailers practically give the entire plot. Like every friken marvel film
    actually the last few Marvel movies they have really picked up their game. being extra deceitful so as to not give away too much. like when Capt America is fighting Thanos in the trailer and he only has the power and space stones cause they edited out the others really made me wonder as to what order Thanos got the stones which drastically affected the plot

10+ Year Old Account
    So you wanted US to do your work for you. Got it.
    As I said your brain can't think outside the box. You proved my point by thinking that only US people are here yeah? there is no need to get desperate and get into politics just to win the argument haha

I just wanted to hear the people opinion here. So as I said if you don't like the thread? get the fuck out of here as simple as that.

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    TO be fair, hiding Thor's eye damage in Ragnarok was to preserve a plot twist. So I'm fine with that.

The major lie was the scene where you see Loki in his classic outfit, flipping his twin daggers. That doesn't happen AT ALL in the movie...
    Stuff gets cut all the time.

As for the actual topic, was kind of annoyed about them hyping Hulk in Ragnarok. Completely ruined the big reveal when everyone knew he was in it. Enders Game was another one that shocked me, where it even showed the MASSIVE TWIST in the trailer. Jeez.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maquegyver View Post
    Lets walk through this real quick. There are two 1 minute trailers and a 2 minute trailer all exclusive of one another content wise. That is a grand total of 4 minutes. Where exactly is the 30% from again? Oh your ass... Got it.

Even if it is 30% of the content. Please explain why how others consume content bothers you or is in anyway your business.
    Let me get your head outside your ass since most of you are super stupid to understand simple point:

I will give you an example of a walking dead episode here we go:

The episode of walking dead tv show length is 40ish mins ok?

they release one official trailer for it which is between 2 to 3 mins long, then they release the first sneak peek which is different than the official trailer of the episode which is another 50 to 1 min long. Then another sneak peek number 2 which is another 1 min long also different than the first sneak peek. Then they will also release the first 2 or 3 mins of the episode which again different than any promo they released before. Another teaser they will also release about the episode which is a short 30 or 40 secs long. Yes maybe not exactly 30% but still tons of spoilers shit. If your simple thick mind didn't get it then you too get the fuck out of this thread thank you. Other consumers don't bother me the main topic is about a question to get the people opinion about why company do that in these recent years more than before because back in the days say 5 or 6 years ago it wasn't as bad as now. Again if your simple mind don't get that get the fuck out of here thanks.

Flaming isn't allowed. Infracted.
    Last edited by Faltemer; 2020-05-31 at 04:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    actually the last few Marvel movies they have really picked up their game. being extra deceitful so as to not give away too much. like when Capt America is fighting Thanos in the trailer and he only has the power and space stones cause they edited out the others really made me wonder as to what order Thanos got the stones which drastically affected the plot
    I couldn't comment, I've resisted watching any marvel trailers since infinity war, bar homecoming p2

- - - Updated - - -

Let me get your head outside your ass since most of you are super stupid to understand simple point:

I will give you an example of a walking dead episode here we go:

The episode of walking dead tv show length is 40ish mins ok?

they release one official trailer for it which is between 2 to 3 mins long, then they release the first sneak peek which is different than the official trailer of the episode which is another 50 to 1 min long. Then another sneak peek number 2 which is another 1 min long also different than the first sneak peek. Then they will also release the first 2 or 3 mins of the episode which again different than any promo they released before. Another teaser they will also release about the episode which is a short 30 or 40 secs long. Yes maybe not exactly 30% but still tons of spoilers shit. If your simple thick mind didn't get it then you too get the fuck out of this thread thank you. Other consumers don't bother me the main topic is about a question to get the people opinion about why company do that in these recent years more than before because back in the days say 5 or 6 years ago it wasn't as bad as now. Again if your simple mind don't get that get the fuck out of here thanks.
    See heres my issue.

He passed a sarcastic comment because your ratio, % and breakdown is a bit iffy. Which it is. You're only also only talking about this time wise, not as much content. I could throw together a trailer packed with spoilers which would give away any TWD episode in sub 10 seconds. You're also not taking into account that some trailers have more spoilers and some trailers don't (I'm speaking purely from TWD here as I watched each one up the Negan story line). So yes, your workings are a little iffy

What happens next if you decide to be toxic in response, which now you've lost any grounds for having a sensible argument and most likely earned yourself an infraction.
    Desktop: Zotac 1080 TI, I7 7700k, 16gb Ram, 256gb SSD + 1TB HDD
    Laptop: Zotac 2070 MaxQ, I7 8750, 32gb RAM, 500gb SSD + 2TB SSD
    Main Game: Warcraft Classic

Haters gonna hate

My dude, just stop watching all the trailers and sneak peeks then.

You're very quick to call other people stupid, and yet here you are consistently choosing to watch pre-release content which ruins your enjoyment. Literally stop hitting yourself.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rotted View Post
    I couldn't comment, I've resisted watching any marvel trailers since infinity war, bar homecoming p2

- - - Updated - - -

See heres my issue.

He passed a sarcastic comment because your ratio, % and breakdown is a bit iffy. Which it is. You're only also only talking about this time wise, not as much content. I could throw together a trailer packed with spoilers which would give away any TWD episode in sub 10 seconds. You're also not taking into account that some trailers have more spoilers and some trailers don't (I'm speaking purely from TWD here as I watched each one up the Negan story line). So yes, your workings are a little iffy

What happens next if you decide to be toxic in response, which now you've lost any grounds for having a sensible argument and most likely earned yourself an infraction.
    Your argument is not valid since you said you only watched up to Negan storyline. I clearly said few years ago like 5 or 6 years ago things were much better than now. When it comes to walking dead the stuff I am talking about only became an issue for me at season 8 and forward and if you only watched up to Negan storyline thne you didn't even pass season 6 yet. So nice try but if you wanna argue back don't pretend to know your shit and you obviously know nothing. I am not being toxic but I don't tolerate stupid folks who can't think outside the box and put their head inside their asses and pretending to be hot shot really.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Elkfingers View Post
    My dude, just stop watching all the trailers and sneak peeks then.

You're very quick to call other people stupid, and yet here you are consistently choosing to watch pre-release content which ruins your enjoyment. Literally stop hitting yourself.
    I didn't watch anything who said anything about me watching ARE YOU FUCKING THAT DUMB! for fuck sake who said anything about me watching? do I have to explain every single word for folks like you to understand? who the fuck said I watched trailers? the fucking topic is about a question of why companies do that mentality

THAT IS FUCKING ALL! who said anything about watching. God damn it is like arguing with children!

I didn't watch anything who said anything about me watching ARE YOU FUCKING THAT DUMB! for fuck sake who said anything about me watching? do I have to explain every single word for folks like you to understand? who the fuck said I watched trailers? the fucking topic is about a question of why companies do that mentality

THAT IS FUCKING ALL! who said anything about watching. God damn it is like arguing with children!
    If you want people to understand what you're saying, you should give being remotely coherent a go. Hint: You're definitely not as smart as you think you are. Probably learn to use punctuation, and try not to throw your toys out of the pram whenever someone disagrees with you.

Like, yeah you have to explain things for people to understand you. That is literally how language works, and you're bad at it.