Quote Originally Posted by Oswen View Post
    I think the Alliance just needs Broken Draenei aswell to be made playable to feel "complete" before moving onto more exotic options, possibly Furbolgs and Frost Dwarves aswell.
    On the other hand the Horde really needs to get Forest Trolls, Dragonmaw Orcs, Taunka, Ogres and Mok'Nathal at some point, their omission after all these years is a bit sad.
    Mok'nathal and Broken would be a good fit together.

Forest Trolls is a difficult one. If Wildhammer were an allied race, I'd put those two together.

I'd put Ogres with Arakkoa. Though I'm sure people would disagree with me there, because that would make Ogres the Gorian type by default (you can RP them however you want, ofc), and a lot seem to dislike those.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post

Forest Trolls is a difficult one. If Wildhammer were an allied race, I'd put those two together.

I'd put Ogres with Arakkoa. Though I'm sure people would disagree with me there, because that would make Ogres the Gorian type by default (you can RP them however you want, ofc), and a lot seem to dislike those.
    The goalposts have moved, I want ogres and broken next.
    Whatever...

Gorian Ogres (or High Ogres as they are also known) would probably go to Alliance.

The Gorian Empire (also referred to as the Gorian ogre imperium or simply the Ogre Empire) was the nation-state of the ogres encompassing various holdings on Draenor. On alternate Draenor, it was notable for being one of the few empires on the world, but lost its former dominance after the rise of the Iron Horde, which forced Imperator Mar'gok to align himself with the orcs to ensure his empire's continued survival. He would have, however, turned himself against the orcs if the situation was favorable.

They are referred to as high ogres.

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Gorian_Empire

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Broflake View Post
    If for 15 years they don't do something, and then choose for other reasons to do it now, that doesn't render the past 15 years wrong.
    It just means there were new factors that werent there before.
    Classic didn't get meaningful consideration until the pirate servers popped up.
    Same for Classic.
    Uh yes it does lol. For what other reasons would they turn around? Ion himself said they 're-examined' it right after the interview he confirmed it wasn't happening.

Quote Originally Posted by Geisl View Post
    Uh yes it does lol. For what other reasons would they turn around? Ion himself said they 're-examined' it right after the interview he confirmed it wasn't happening.
    Which says...nothing about what other reasons came up Geisl. I just gave you a good example of when classic was a negative until pirate servers became a factor.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Broflake View Post
    Which says...nothing about what other reasons came up Geisl. I just gave you a good example of when classic was a negative until pirate servers became a factor.
    private servers were a thing since wrath of the lich king. Don't see how that proves anything.

It's a reference to when Obelisk Kai and others would say the observable numbers of High Elf requesters pales to those who requested Classic WoW servers and thus equating the consistent asking of Classic WoW servers to the consistent asking of High Elves was comparing apples to oranges.

That is, because the observable numbers of High Elf requesters never 'appeared' to go above 1k, there's a minority only asking for High Elves. Contrasted with the amount of players that asked for Classic, where there were over 300,000 signatures pledged for it.

My comment there is to show that Obelisk Kai and others were wrong to state that. It never required say 100,000 people to ask for High Elves, because the request in itself is a much simpler task than rebooting a 15 year old state of the game.

- - - Updated - - -

I agree. Now they're MORE likely to show many High Elves among the Alliance and have them be more involved since they're now supported playable options.

I forgot about that aspect, that's going to be really nice to see so many of them around. It will also kill the 'High Elves population is too low' once and for all (to any it hasn't already).

High Elf fans just keep on winning and the future looks more hopeful!
    I am wondering what this and the emergeance of the Ren'dorei mean for the blood elves. Will silvermoon lose half, a third or a quarter of it's population to alliance defection? At this rate, why even bother to restore the ruined half of the city?

private servers were a thing since wrath of the lich king. Don't see how that proves anything.
    They hit their peak prior to Classic announcement.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by delus View Post
    I am wondering what this and the emergeance of the Ren'dorei mean for the blood elves. Will silvermoon lose half, a third or a quarter of it's population to alliance defection? At this rate, why even bother to restore the ruined half of the city?
    Why would silvermoon lose its population to alliance defection? The story could simply refer to them mastering their void energy and looking less voidy.

Quote Originally Posted by DeicideUH View Post
    The goalposts have moved, I want ogres and broken next.
    Broken could be customization for Draenei. As for ogres... I don't see any way to fit them in as customization options for a playable race.

If I come back for Shadowlands and I main my warrior (who was my main in MoP, and in WoD), I'll probably race change from Lightforged Draenei to Void Elf and use the High Elf skin tones. I just hope I won't have glowing tentacle hair. Also hope I can have non-glowing blue eyes.

- - - Updated - - -

I also wish I can I have blonde hair like the blood elves but if not at least I have pure blue hair, and the purple hair so that's a win, also I have facial hair so that's also a win

- - - Updated - - -

Might be my new look in Shadowlands (loaded this in the BFA dressing room, as the guantlets are bugged in the beta version)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Yzak View Post
    Love how this calls back to some of the first few hundred pages of this thread in that it was a request for the Blood Elf pallete and how it was not what they were asking for, but now all of a sudden it's a huge win. Hypocrites the lot of you. xD

But congrats on the "win" I guess, hope y'all enjoy.
    Blizzard has refused to give their paying customers what they want for years. Ofcourse the first time they FINALLY do it (because, guess what, ignoring what your customer's desires doesn't retain them!) the remaining people who were holding out for years are going to rejoice.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Frenchvince View Post
    Do you think the void elves will soon become the most played allied race?
    If it can repopulate the alliance a bit, it's cool.
    Depends on customization options. If players can get the same customization options that Blood Elves have but on the Alliance side, they will play them. Ofcourse, there is also the glaring issue of being unable to play as an elf paladin on alliance, but I think there is a decent chance that Blizzard will relent. If they're smart. Blizzard since 2014 hasn't been known for its wise decision making.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    So everyone's pretty happy with these options, right? It seems like it solves almost everything, except that one hypothetical person who wants to play an Alliance High Elf Paladin.
    Given how popular paladins are, I'm sure it's more than just one person.

Personally I'm not a fan of paladin gameplay but I'm a proponent of devs giving their paying customers what they want. And besides, playing as an Alliance High Elf Paladin is a no brainer.

Love far left the most, especially with that void decayed left side/jaw!
    Thanks. This is my favourite from these too.

- - - Updated - - -

Cool. That could easily be a Kael skin in HoTS.
    This is what I made it for.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by protip View Post
    Gonna just be honest here, if void elves got the Kael'thas orb look and blood elves didn't, I'd be super jealous.

On the heritage armor topic, though, doesn't the Mag'har set change based on your skin tone or something? Am I just imagining that?
    I would be too.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    Might be my new look in Shadowlands (loaded this in the BFA dressing room, as the guantlets are bugged in the beta version)

Love the look, main material. Velf needs new hair customization options, even if they don't just copy the belf ones and I'm fairly certain at this point they will have more. The Blizzard post mentioned it's only a preview to some of the options coming.

They initially said allied races aren't getting new customization, but I'm glad they walked back on this.

Quote Originally Posted by General Zanjin View Post
    how about no.
    typical keep demanding after you got what you want.
    Ah, a presumptuous one.
    1. I haven't been demanding high elves here or anywhere.
    2. I have several posts regarding class restriction removal in more detail so if anything that is what "I have been demanding".
    3. You have no arguments so just keep quiet in your corner.

Here you go, my arguments for the introduction of this race as a playable alliance race.

1. High elves are in the lore.
    2. Playes want them.
    3. It would instantly fix faction inbalance.
    4. Legolassi would once again be a common name.

Gee I go away for work for a few days and come back to this. Too many posts to read through! Though I'm not happy with this development I will however put my "hand out" and shake the HE crowds hand on their win. Congratulations, sincerely. Again, this isn't the outcome I was hoping for but if this is the direction Blizzard have decided then I won't deny you from celebrating your victory. At the end of the day I was advocating for something I felt important, that being racial distinction and uniqueness. Unfortunately I feel this development will take away from the blood elves, but it is what it is.

I do hope that blood elves keep their hair color and styles, as giving this to void elves would A) essentially take away the last unique aesthetics of the blood elves, and B) result in the void elves having access to pretty much most of the blood elf customizations PLUS their own void customizations.. which imo would be ridiculous and a big slap in the face to the blood elf race. I think Blizzard should keep to the darker hair colors of void elves to offer a level of distinction and stay true to the theme of the race (a theme of the void). Also, anyone advocating for void elf paladins will see me come in to advocate the opposite. Why? Not to be petty or to prevent someone from getting something for the sake of it, but to preserve an important part of the game... the lore. If we throw lore out the window then we might as well just scrap any immersion the game offers and just make it one big free for all (like most other MMOs).

To me, lore matters and as such I will advocate to preserve that. So don't come at me with "troll, etc...". I always advocated for something I felt important. Blizzard has decided to finally break the mold and allow a sort of high elf customization to the Alliance. So be it, but I will continue to advocate against things I don't agree with. And one of those things is paladins. Nothing about the paladin class fits void elves, it'd be weird and it'd break the immersion of the game. Might as well make blood elf druids and orc paladins... both of which would make more sense than a void elf paladin. Void elves can only be priests because lorewise they are strictly shadow priests but for gameplay reasons both light specs are available too. Paladins on the other hand are warriors of the light and have no connection with the void at all.

Also, as I said above, blood elves should maintain their hair colors and styles. It's pretty much the only thing remaining for them that is unique. Y'all argued not even two weeks ago that "we don't want blood elves, we want alliance high elves".. now the forums are flooded with "we want blood elf hair colors and styles". Sorry but no, leave what little unique aesthetics the blood elves still have to themselves. I don't mind void elves getting their own unique additional hair styles, but hair colors should stay with the theme of the race (ie void... dark colors). That's my opinion.

Lastly, congratulations again. No, I'm disappointed with this development but at the end of the day you deserve a congratulations. Enjoy your upcoming customization options, and leave the blood elf hair options alone please and thank you.
    Last edited by Strippling; 2020-05-31 at 09:45 AM.
    Blood elves are our high elves - Chris Metzen

10+ Year Old Account
    Blood elves need to keep their blond/brown hairs exclusive, first to not to disappoint furtherly Horde players and second, to make them distinct enough from the void elves. Even as a pro-Helfer, I think this way.

No paladin class. But more cold hairs colors and hairstyles please.
    "If you want to play alongside High and Void elves, the Alliance is waiting for you"

Quote Originally Posted by delus View Post
    Broken could be customization for Draenei. As for ogres... I don't see any way to fit them in as customization options for a playable race.
    Broken have too many changes to fit draenei customization. Different head, completely different hair (tentacles), different arms and hands, different feet, different tails. And most of those options would make no sense available as customization with normal draenei (do you want your draenei with three tails?). They can use the draenei model as a base, but are so modified it needs to be their own race.

Handclaw has a whole gallery of art concept for a broken race. It's awesome and includes racial class armor sets. Some of the pics:

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by elbleuet View Post
    Blood elves need to keep their blond/brown hairs exclusive, first to not to disappoint furtherly Horde players and second, to make them distinct enough from the void elves. Even as a pro-Helfer, I think this way.

No paladin class. But more cold hairs colors and hairstyles please.
    I think silver-blue, black, white, bege (which can pass as a tainted/pale blonde), dark red and dual colors (like black/red, blue/blonde) for hair could fit well for both high elf and void elf skins.

Also celtic-style tattoos in void, blue, violet and magenta colors would be perfect for both.
    Whatever...

I'd like to see the Blood Elves get those runes like in that TBC box art.

For Void Elves, I guess those celtic-style Alleria type tattoos, yeah.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    It's a shame the Silvermoon warfront was never put into the game. That could have been an amazing battle between the Ren'dorei/Quel'dorei faction led by Alleria and the Sin'dorei led by Lor'themar Theron.
    just imagine Vereesa and Rommath roasting each other, would be epic
    The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

I make Warcraft 3 Reforged HD custom models and I'm also an HD model reviewer.

Quote Originally Posted by Traycor View Post

High elves are already part of the lore. We have the Silver Covenant, there are high elves walking around in our cities, giving us quests. They are already on the Alliance. All that was missing was the look for players, so if we get that, we have high elves.
    ....not what i mean. I mean they are part of the overal story. They have history etc we can look back on. Story we can expand on. Not a new race that is most likely never going to get more lore.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ddi2 View Post
    Did you notice how in the video "Blood Elves" and "are High Elves" are took from separate places and edited together? Because what he actually says, and it is in the video you posted, "Blood Elves kinda are High Elves".
    And did you notice after that he says: so if you want fair skinned blue eyed elves the horde is there for you part after that.

That cut is a cut so indeed i would not pay attention to that. The sentence he said is in my ( and several other people back then on the forums) eyes him saying you want high elves...thats what high elves are...just a skin/eye color.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Strippling View Post
    Gee I go away for work for a few days and come back to this. Too many posts to read through! Though I'm not happy with this development I will however put my "hand out" and shake the HE crowds hand on their win. Congratulations, sincerely. Again, this isn't the outcome I was hoping for but if this is the direction Blizzard have decided then I won't deny you from celebrating your victory. At the end of the day I was advocating for something I felt important, that being racial distinction and uniqueness. Unfortunately I feel this development will take away from the blood elves, but it is what it is.

I do hope that blood elves keep their hair color and styles, as giving this to void elves would A) essentially take away the last unique aesthetics of the blood elves, and B) result in the void elves having access to pretty much most of the blood elf customizations PLUS their own void customizations.. which imo would be ridiculous and a big slap in the face to the blood elf race. I think Blizzard should keep to the darker hair colors of void elves to offer a level of distinction and stay true to the theme of the race (a theme of the void). Also, anyone advocating for void elf paladins will see me come in to advocate the opposite. Why? Not to be petty or to prevent someone from getting something for the sake of it, but to preserve an important part of the game... the lore. If we throw lore out the window then we might as well just scrap any immersion the game offers and just make it one big free for all (like most other MMOs).

To me, lore matters and as such I will advocate to preserve that. So don't come at me with "troll, etc...". I always advocated for something I felt important. Blizzard has decided to finally break the mold and allow a sort of high elf customization to the Alliance. So be it, but I will continue to advocate against things I don't agree with. And one of those things is paladins. Nothing about the paladin class fits void elves, it'd be weird and it'd break the immersion of the game. Might as well make blood elf druids and orc paladins... both of which would make more sense than a void elf paladin. Void elves can only be priests because lorewise they are strictly shadow priests but for gameplay reasons both light specs are available too. Paladins on the other hand are warriors of the light and have no connection with the void at all.

Also, as I said above, blood elves should maintain their hair colors and styles. It's pretty much the only thing remaining for them that is unique. Y'all argued not even two weeks ago that "we don't want blood elves, we want alliance high elves".. now the forums are flooded with "we want blood elf hair colors and styles". Sorry but no, leave what little unique aesthetics the blood elves still have to themselves. I don't mind void elves getting their own unique additional hair styles, but hair colors should stay with the theme of the race (ie void... dark colors). That's my opinion.

Lastly, congratulations again. No, I'm disappointed with this development but at the end of the day you deserve a congratulations. Enjoy your upcoming customization options, and leave the blood elf hair options alone please and thank you.
    don't quit yet, join me on my no-blonde-void-elf crusade
    The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

I make Warcraft 3 Reforged HD custom models and I'm also an HD model reviewer.