Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    Lol.

I have talked to a few GMs even the last 3-4 years, one just recently and they were just as friendly and informative as they were in 2008.
    friendly and informative sure.

actually being able to help? not so much. that really seems to have taken a nosedive in the last year orso.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellobolis View Post
    That email almost looks like it's been machine translated to me. Or maybe written by a French guy who's not entirely fluent in English.

You are right in that i didn't expect this of blizz, i always assumed they wrote like 5 explanation emails and distributed those to GMs to copy/paste, seems like this one wrote his own explanation email to copy/paste.
    It was a translated by software the spelling errors would not be present with the exception of WoW terms. I'm pretty certain it's a native French speaker that didn't know the proper english spelling and/or a few typos.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hellobolis View Post
    friendly and informative sure.

actually being able to help? not so much.
    And in the OPs situation, he accepted the no going back statement and therefore the GM cannot help. It's not that they are not helpful, they certainly are. In most cases I've seen presented here and on the official forums, the player had the opportunity not to make the mistake and choose to do so, likenthe OP, or are clearly innthe wrong where the GM is unable to help.

But with most things related to WoW here it's clearly Blizzards fault for being cheap or lazy, not the players fault for accepting terms they don't follow or bother to read that cause issues.

probably have extra help due to the increase in tickets... responses don't need to be perfect imo. Everyone makes mistakes esp when typing in another language.
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

robots dont make mistakes.. be happy you did not get a robot.

Quote Originally Posted by SirBeef View Post
    This is what non native english speakers and writers look like. Has nothing to do with cutting corners. It has everything to do with tons of WoW activity due to a nearly workd wide lock down causing ticket submissions to increase to a point they are plausibly being redirected to other regions to handle the case load.

But keep the snark up. This forum need more of that.
    If sarcasm triggers you, then stay on topic when replying to posts. Do you know what this forums needs less off? passive-aggressive idiots venting their irrelevant and uninteresting frustrations by quoting random posts.

Also asserting that Europeans can't speak or write proper English is a revealing and poor argument for you, but plays right into mine. If you want proper English you pay for it, or you can cut corners and hire people without proper English skills to do do a job that requires typing things out in English. Look at this, actually back on topic.

What exactly is the problem? That there was nothing he could do due to blizz's limitations? That he was having a good day? That he did not wrote perfectly in english? That he did write in a super formal manner like if he was adressing a god? Or what?

Get over yourself. He treated you like a fellow gamer. I would much rather that than being treated as a customer.

Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    How nice for you dude. Lol.
    Thanks dude.

Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    Thanks dude.
    No problem my friend. I'm always here if you want to share more of your experience.

No problem my friend. I'm always here if you want to share more of your experience.
    Thanks for that bro. It's nice to know that you will be there for me <3

Oh, wow.. they missed of a letter from two words? Get a grip. Blizzard Customer Service are literally just office staff - they don't need to be the biggest fans of the games. You know what they meant, get over it.

Quote Originally Posted by Raptar View Post
    From a company like Blizzard you don't expect this I think. You would expect a little more professionality right?
    Yeeeeah... no. It's actually a very good representation of this trash company's state.

Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    Yea, great comparison man, exactly the same things!

sigh
    They are EXACTLY the same thing. Professional communication is professional communication, regardless of the context or industry.
    Cheerful lack of self-preservation

If sarcasm triggers you, then stay on topic when replying to posts. Do you know what this forums needs less off? passive-aggressive idiots venting their irrelevant and uninteresting frustrations by quoting random posts.

Also asserting that Europeans can't speak or write proper English is a revealing and poor argument for you, but plays right into mine. If you want proper English you pay for it, or you can cut corners and hire people without proper English skills to do do a job that requires typing things out in English. Look at this, actually back on topic.
    Maybe end your statement with /s since it is well known sarcasm doesn't translate well. I did not assert that anyone but the GM in question may be a non native English speaker and writer, hence the mistakes in the letter.

While many non native English speakers and writers are excellent and often have a better mastery then many native speakers and writers, this one, if this is the case, is not one. Regardless. The OP made an error that cannot be reversed and is lashing out in error against Blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by THEORACLE64 View Post
    Oh, wow.. they missed of a letter from two words? Get a grip. Blizzard Customer Service are literally just office staff - they don't need to be the biggest fans of the games. You know what they meant, get over it.
    This looks like it was fed through google translate. It’s unprofessional and never should have been sent.

Quote Originally Posted by Nefarious Tea View Post
    This looks like it was fed through google translate. It’s unprofessional and never should have been sent.
    English probably isn’t the person first language. Depending on location as well California has a large Hispanic population, so could very well be down to that as well. It’s not the biggest deal honestly, it’s understandable and got an answer to their issue. The only people who have an issue with it tend to be grammar nazi’s with nothing else to do or people calling it “unprofessional” that have never been in a serious professional environment in their lives! Oh well. People will be Karen’s and complain anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Saltysquidoon View Post
    Can I just say anyone saying the OP is in the wrong for (reasonably) expecting a response from a paid service run by a multibillion-dollar organisation to have correct spelling (and ideally grammar) are being needlessly contrarian imo.

How would you like it if I sent you a letter of legal advice with multiple spelling and grammar errors?
    If the advice itself is still sound and good, i wouldn't care.

Quote Originally Posted by THEORACLE64 View Post
    English probably isn’t the person first language. Depending on location as well California has a large Hispanic population, so could very well be down to that as well. It’s not the biggest deal honestly, it’s understandable and got an answer to their issue. The only people who have an issue with it tend to be grammar nazi’s with nothing else to do or people calling it “unprofessional” that have never been in a serious professional environment in their lives! Oh well. People will be Karen’s and complain anyway.
    I did nine years of university across three degrees to become a teacher. I am acutely aware of what professional communication looks like, because I needed to use it for years in university assignments and now near-constantly with colleagues and parents as a professional. I'm not even talking about the poor grammar of this response, because yes, it's super obvious that the native language of whoever wrote that is français. I'm multilingual as well and I can guarantee you that my Punjabi sounds like that letter does to a native speaker. Probably worse.

What makes it unprofessional is a laundry list of minor things which all should have been edited and fixed before a customer ever saw this. The lack of proper spelling (when even browsers these days have automatic spellchecking), along with being unable to spell context-specific vocabulary is unprofessional. There is no excuse for misspelling "azerite" twice when that word should be the same in every language and has been in general circulation of wow's vocabulary for nearly three years. The fact that it has nearly zero formatting is unprofessional. Every sentence is its own paragraph. The few sentences which have punctuation aren't even using it as punctuation; it's being used as emojis instead. There's no consistency to capitalization.

This letter looks like it was typed en français directly into google translate on a phone, and the resulting google mess copied into an email without being proofread. It should have never seen the light of day.

That is why it is unprofessional.
    Last edited by Nefarious Tea; 2020-05-31 at 05:04 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm given to ask if OP had gotten what they wanted would we be 4 pages deep in this thread?

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

I am surprised that GM didn't send OP to Wowhead, like they always do.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    Well that baguetteboi is in a wrong job.

If you can't write simple sentences in English, you shouldn't be in English customer service.

Or just use the fucking layouts the GM's use 99,99% time when they reply to me.
    Maybe he isn't . With covid-19, the costumer services are being swamped with requests, there is a good chance that this gm only answers in german and french, and they suddenly were asked to respond to some in english to help.
    I don't want solutions. I want to be mad. - PoorlyDrawnlines