Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

Levelling as a warrior is not hard.

So heres me, never played a warrior back in vanilla to bfa and now plays warrior in classic.

1 to 30lvl was annoying sometimes, but since I got the whirlwind axe at lvl 31 everything went smooth from there. I just kept doing dungeons which give like 5-6 bars per run + quests and then finish off 1 to 2 levels with quests.

Why on earth people are still stating that warriors are slow to level? I went from 40 - 48 in 3 irl days, am I missing something here or did blizzard nerf classic levelling?

Quote Originally Posted by Savant View Post
    So heres me, never played a warrior back in vanilla to bfa and now plays warrior in classic.

1 to 30lvl was annoying sometimes, but since I got the whirlwind axe at lvl 31 everything went smooth from there. I just kept doing dungeons which give like 5-6 bars per run + quests and then finish off 1 to 2 levels with quests.

Why on earth people are still stating that warriors are slow to level? I went from 40 - 48 in 3 irl days, am I missing something here or did blizzard nerf classic levelling?
    10/10 blog post my guy

Thanks for stopping by

its not hard, its slow and annoying

Unpopular opinion, but I actually found my mage more tedious to level than warrior, and that says a lot. AoE pulling was great but there was always that risk of getting a bad resist and dying, it took a lot of attention. Single target you got 2-3 mobs tops and then you had to spend a solid minute drinking, where-as with a warrior, using a bandage off CD kept you going from mob to mob without stop, it's even better if you stack spirit.

So yeah, agreed, didn't think it was bad at all. If I had to re-level one it would be the warrior.

Quote Originally Posted by Zypherz View Post
    Unpopular opinion, but I actually found my mage more tedious to level than warrior, and that says a lot. AoE pulling was great but there was always that risk of getting a bad resist and dying, it took a lot of attention. Single target you got 2-3 mobs tops and then you had to spend a solid minute drinking, where-as with a warrior, using a bandage off CD kept you going from mob to mob without stop, it's even better if you stack spirit.

So yeah, agreed, didn't think it was bad at all. If I had to re-level one it would be the warrior.
    Yeah, same. Mage was my first pick, but warrior was my final decision.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by valky94 View Post
    if you re-spec to arms, then is actually the opposite.

If you got the WW axe at level 31, that means you had a fair amount of assistance.

Leveling a warrior can be a pain in the ass, but buddies helping you out can make it easier. Warriors are slow to level, check your /played when you hit 60.

Definitely one of the cooler stories this week.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

When you get sweeping strikes, it's actually much faster than some other classes. You get more damage PER target due to cleave. Just find some low armor mobs and grind away.

Yeah... normal warriors don't get the whirlwind axe at level 31. If you're playing solo (which is where warriors are hard) then you wouldn't have been able to complete that quest at 31.

... I got the whirlwind axe at lvl 31 ... I just kept doing dungeons ...
    Solo levelling a Warrior is slow and "hard" (You can pretty much never pull two mobs that are your level or higher; no heals, no CC, no escape = dead). Dungeon grinding and getting help with WW Axe isn't soloing...

Past 50, WW axe starts to balance out a bit. Try solo questing after that point, and then let us know how it goes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teffi
    You play a game for 20+ hours a week and you're "an addict".
    You sit on your fat ass eating nachos and watching men in tight pants throw a ball around for 20+ hours a week and you're "a man".
    Sometimes, I just can't even:
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx
    It's just an assertion, so it's neither logical nor illogical.

10+ Year Old Account
    Tedious is the word you're looking for.

Tedious.
    Subarashii chin chin mono
    Kintama no kami aru

Quote Originally Posted by valky94 View Post
    this, hard is not the word. i would say warriors and paladins take the longest to level imo. warriors lack of heals hurt them, while paladins just lack the dps to kill things quickly. again, just my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Hctaz View Post
    Yeah... normal warriors don't get the whirlwind axe at level 31. If you're playing solo (which is where warriors are hard) then you wouldn't have been able to complete that quest at 31.
    I am actually playing solo since level 1. Excluding dungeons. As a matter of fact you can get the axe at level 30.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by xGLxAnubis View Post
    Solo levelling a Warrior is slow and "hard" (You can pretty much never pull two mobs that are your level or higher; no heals, no CC, no escape = dead). Dungeon grinding and getting help with WW Axe isn't soloing...

Past 50, WW axe starts to balance out a bit. Try solo questing after that point, and then let us know how it goes.
    It is annoying from 1-30, but when you re-spec to arms, then you will have a different experience. Top damage in dungeons/also have dungeon invitations either as tank or dps. I have changed my WW axe at level 43, to a higher dps one.

overall warriors are fun and leveling is fine, don't get the myth that warriors are hard or tedious to level. Yeah, from 1-30, but then its a different story.

I am actually playing solo since level 1. Excluding dungeons. As a matter of fact you can get the axe at level 30.
    Yes please tell me how you solo killed a level 40 elite wind elemental at level 31.

15+ Year Old Account
    I am actually playing solo since level 1. Excluding dungeons. As a matter of fact you can get the axe at level 31.
    You did not solo level 36 trolls and a level 40 elite at level 31. Quit the shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Hctaz View Post
    Yes please tell me how you solo killed a level 40 elite wind elemental at level 31.
    Well, yeah, ofc a friend help me killing a 40 ellite. I meant I am leveling solo

as someone who is lvling also...no dude, warrior is slow. I have mine semi-twinked...And its fine with sweeping strike etc, but its only lvl 35-45 we feel good really...once 50+ it stop again....im 42 atm iirc.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Quote Originally Posted by Kaneiac View Post
    You did not solo level 36 trolls and a level 40 elite at level 31. Quit the shit.
    Never said that I did. I just stated that I played solo, meaning leveling, I got help with the quest..

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Djuntas View Post
    as someone who is lvling also...no dude, warrior is slow. I have mine semi-twinked...And its fine with sweeping strike etc, but its only lvl 35-45 we feel good really...once 50+ it stop again....im 42 atm iirc.
    Your reply makes no sense

3 days for 8 levels. There is your answer

ww axe is really OP if you get it at lvl 30