Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sámsa View Post
    3 days for 8 levels. There is your answer
    3 days irl playing 10 hours thats like 1.2 day ingame

Quote Originally Posted by Savant View Post
    Well, yeah, ofc a friend help me killing a 40 ellite. I meant I am leveling solo
    You're soloing vanilla dungeons in leveling gear?

I don't think you understand what "solo" means.

Never said that I did. I just stated that I played solo, meaning leveling, I got help with the quest..

- - - Updated - - -

Your reply makes no sense
    With your posts and replies you have not only shown that you completely misunderstand the issue, which is solo leveling a warrior vs other classes, you also have a complete misunderstanding of normal every day use of WoW jargon. You don't have a warrior. For some reason you have decided to go onto the internet and lie.

Warriors are generally more difficult to level than other classes solo. That's why they can tank in almost any spec. You DON'T level a warrior solo. You get a bunch of people around you to help. You provide a valuable service as a tank and they provide you with better speed in leveling.

Now. Lets assume that you are not a complete liar and you actually have a warrior. Going from level 40 to 48 in 3 irl days is not fast. That is still pretty slow. Since you "got your axe" at level 31 we have to assume you have been running group content since then. That is what you said. You should be close to 60 in that time. Not 48. If you are level 48 you should be doubling your time played there to be a lvl 60. I assume that that would be about 10 to 12 days total. That is slow. I'm sorry to say, but bads who don't know what they are doing level at that speed. Bads who know what they are doing do it in 8. Solo.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

30 hours for 8 levels is slow.
    And that is the reason why people say leveling as a warrior is sh***

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    With your posts and replies you have not only shown that you completely misunderstand the issue, which is solo leveling a warrior vs other classes, you also have a complete misunderstanding of normal every day use of WoW jargon. You don't have a warrior. For some reason you have decided to go onto the internet and lie.

Warriors are generally more difficult to level than other classes solo. That's why they can tank in almost any spec. You DON'T level a warrior solo. You get a bunch of people around you to help. You provide a valuable service as a tank and they provide you with better speed in leveling.

Now. Lets assume that you are not a complete liar and you actually have a warrior. Going from level 40 to 48 in 3 irl days is not fast. That is still pretty slow. Since you "got your axe" at level 31 we have to assume you have been running group content since then. That is what you said. You should be close to 60 in that time. Not 48. If you are level 48 you should be doubling your time played there to be a lvl 60. I assume that that would be about 10 to 12 days total. That is slow. I'm sorry to say, but bads who don't know what they are doing level at that speed. Bads who know what they are doing do it in 8. Solo.
    Wow, there is so much assumptions here

It took me to level 8 levels in 3 days playing 10 hours a day, that's like 1.2 day ingame if you /play
    I had a break from WoW, so that is why I levelled 8 levels recently. My played is 5 days in total.
    I mix it up the content with solo playing and dungeons. SOLO MEANS ALONE. I DO QUESTS ALONE, how can't you not understand this concept?
    Last edited by yomammyass; 2020-05-31 at 07:42 PM.

I am actually playing solo since level 1. Excluding dungeons. As a matter of fact you can get the axe at level 30.

- - - Updated - - -

It is annoying from 1-30, but when you re-spec to arms, then you will have a different experience. Top damage in dungeons/also have dungeon invitations either as tank or dps. I have changed my WW axe at level 43, to a higher dps one.

overall warriors are fun and leveling is fine, don't get the myth that warriors are hard or tedious to level. Yeah, from 1-30, but then its a different story.
    How did you solo that level 40 elite to get your axe?

How did you solo the trolls?

How did you farm the charms?

Quote Originally Posted by Sámsa View Post
    30 hours for 8 levels is slow.
    And that is the reason why people say leveling as a warrior is sh***
    https://www.warcrafttavern.com/news/...bjective-look/

lmao ok dude

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post

Friend helped me kill 40 elite

I soloed the trolls

you can buy Charms on AH.

I switching to dw pretty much as soon as i could. Leveling still wasn’t anywhere near as bad as people made it out to be.

10+ Year Old Account

Read the thread. He already answered this.

PS: Leveling is MUCH different with the WW Axe. I was using the Taskmaster Axe until 33 and it was... painful. Got some help with the elite and got the axe and it's pretty fast to kill things at or below my level (37 now). Is it fast? mmm no. But it doesn't strike me as painfully slow either and my main is a mage.

The key, I think, is to quest where you are killing things at or below level or, perhaps, just above. Killing things much above your level is, yeah, painful.
    Last edited by clevin; 2020-05-31 at 07:56 PM.

I soloed the trolls
    Yeah gonna call BS on this. Unless you're killing and then waiting around for the 3 or 4 level 31 trolls outside of Zul'Kunda (which would take an extremely long time) you aren't soloing the level 34+ trolls in the ruins in a reasonable amount of time or at all, if you'er level 30/31.
    RETH

7+ Year Old Account
    I made 36 in 1d8h play time thats not that bad. Warrior i general is quite slow but now when everyone knows all classes and got whole internet of guides there is no bad class to lvl up in classic :P

Quote Originally Posted by valky94 View Post
    its not hard, its slow and annoying
    Yep, this is the key. A lot of classes can just keep pulling more mobs with little to no downtime, and can handle multiple mobs much easier. Warriors have to eat a lot and don't have many options for bigger pulls outside of sweep.

In the same time OP leveled 8 times in 3 days, he could've more than doubled that on a better leveling class.

Unless OP is twinked/enchanted while leveling, which would make the entire thread idea pointless.

https://www.warcrafttavern.com/news/...bjective-look/

lmao ok dude

- - - Updated - - -

Friend helped me kill 40 elite

I soloed the trolls

you can buy Charms on AH.
    So... not solo

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    Read the thread. He already answered this.

PS: Leveling is MUCH different with the WW Axe. I was using the Taskmaster Axe until 33 and it was... painful. Got some help with the elite and got the axe and it's pretty fast to kill things at or below my level (37 now). Is it fast? mmm no. But it doesn't strike me as painfully slow either and my main is a mage.

The key, I think, is to quest where you are killing things at or below level or, perhaps, just above. Killing things much above your level is, yeah, painful.
    That's the thing, without help, leveling as a warrior (especially solo) can be slow. You are basically relegated to farming mobs and quests 2-4 levels below you.

Now, imagine if he couldn't get that WW axe until 38-40.

Never said that I did. I just stated that I played solo, meaning leveling, I got help with the quest..

- - - Updated - - -

Your reply makes no sense
    What dosen't make sense? I say we're good at 30-50 or so, but it drops off fast, even with good gear.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ohiostate124 View Post
    I switching to dw pretty much as soon as i could. Leveling still wasn’t anywhere near as bad as people made it out to be.
    yea, I wanna try that eventually...I dunno if arms really is that good, but maybe it is.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

10+ Year Old Account
    So... not solo

- - - Updated - - -

That's the thing, without help, leveling as a warrior (especially solo) can be slow. You are basically relegated to farming mobs and quests 2-4 levels below you.

Now, imagine if he couldn't get that WW axe until 38-40.

Uh.. make friends? Seriously, leave the purity test BS out; getting friends to help with the really hard stuff isn't a cheat... it's a social game. If you're playing classic with no friends or guild, you're kind of missing the point of it.

Many times I've helped friends do stuff for their leveling alts on my 60 mage. And I can't count the number of times I've teamed up with someone else doing the same stuff as me to get through "Kill X..." quests faster.

And... 'quests 2-4 levels below you' misunderstands how quest XP works. You usually want to do green and perhaps yellow quests since, for most classes, the XP/hour will be better than doing orange/red quests. The latter are slower to kill things and introduce much higher risk of dying.

For example, I just blasted through the quest in Arathi to get Winterbark stuff... yes, they're lower than I am but the quest was green, the mobs gave me 350-400xp per (I'm rested atm) and I got over half a level easily in about an hour. Can other classes do it faster? Maybe. But it's not SLOW.
    Last edited by clevin; 2020-05-31 at 08:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    Uh.. make friends? Seriously, leave the purity test BS out; getting friends to help with the really hard stuff isn't a cheat... it's a social game. If you're playing classic with no friends or guild, you're kind of missing the point of it.

Many times I've helped friends do stuff for their leveling alts on my 60 mage. And I can't count the number of times I've teamed up with someone else doing the same stuff as me to get through "Kill X..." quests faster.
    Then, it's not solo... which is the point.

Leveling a warrior (especially as a first character) is a bit rough. is it impossible?? No. But, it is slower than most other classes. That's it, that's all I'm saying. I have leveled every single class to 60 in both Vanilla and Classic, and warriors are among the slowest. That's not to say it's even that difficult, it's simply not as fast.

15+ Year Old Account
    Warrior can be really fast to level, even solo, but only if you can buy a lot BoE gear on it every few levels.

What's your total /played on it now? You have to take into account that xp wise, 1-48 is about 50% of the time you need to level.
    ( ° ͜ʖ͡°)╭∩╮

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    The fun factor would go up 1000x if WQs existed in vanilla

If you got the WW axe at level 31, that means you had a fair amount of assistance.
    Well, he said he did dungeons so yeah he does search groups. But arent we all finding group for hard quests and dungeons?

So... not solo
    Lets be honest, how many of us level 1-60 completely solo not finding people for elite quests or dungeons?
    Last edited by ryjkur; 2020-05-31 at 08:52 PM.

warriors are slow and annoying to level, but they are beast at max level and scale very well with gear

Quote Originally Posted by ryjkur View Post
    Well, he said he did dungeons so yeah he does search groups. But arent we all finding group for hard quests and dungeons?
    Yeah, and that's great. The biggest complain people ever had as warriors, was that doing things solo was slow (and sometimes a pain in the ass).