Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Romanthony View Post
    Arthas being "Ill get you next time heroes" In Northrend, plus the "There must always be a lich king" which kinda been rectconned (though we dont know full details so its what ever right now)
    there was no retcon wtf

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Easyclassictopkeklel View Post
    I will never understand how people can take some shitty standard fantasy lore like Warcraft has so serious.
    Like everything that is happening is corny and stupid as hell. Imagine killing those epic bosses in Vanilla and then kill fkin spiders again in BC while
    leveling up. Imagine being one of the greatest heroes azeroth has ever seen, flying around on mounts picking up herbs and shit. Lore doesn't matter
    much, if you look close at it almost everything we do is stupid.
    tell that to the warcraft 3 purists who had been asking for warcraft 4 since like 2003, longer than the H word request
    The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

I make Warcraft 3 Reforged HD custom models and I'm also an HD model reviewer.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrannica View Post
    The conclusion of the war campaign in BfA by far...
    This. So much this.
    "Oh, Sylvanas said something mean to the horde and leaves, now we can all live together in peace again, after the alliance was once again cucked into oblivion while the poor horde players are still guilty of genocide."

Fuck everything about BfA, but the ending was the biggest shitshow I have ever seen.

The Alternate Universe stuff, and the Legion transcending all Universes stuff. It was completely unnecessary.

They could have easily made it such that Kairoz and Garrosh used time magic to rewind all of Outland to 35 years ago. It would have meant that anyone left behind on Outland would be erased from existence, but it's not like there would be any implications to that anyways. What is there to miss, who aside from Akama would we lose?

Then there would only be 1 Draenor, the original, just rewound to before the destruction. No need for alternate universe stuff at all.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BarosanuNr1 View Post
    Same with the long awaited Mag'har orcs being implemented as further infestations from the AU instead of Mag'har from Outland.

(...)

* Since the epidemic started I've gone back to farming WoD raids for some transmog items and every time I go through Highmaul I am amazed how nobody at Blizzard noticed (or cared) that using the corrupted (post-comic book) Cho'gal makes no sense at all! And it's not just a case of the model being reused to save resources, he's talking as if he's the actual Cho'gal from the main universe! I find this perfectly illustrative for the quality of work that went into that expansion.
    I never understood why did Blizzard decide to give Horde AU Mag'har instead of the MU ones. Given Saurfang's comments, upon his trek to Nagrand, about how the land is dying, it would be quite logical for MU Mag'har to leave their world for good, before it is too late.

Overall, WoD is such a lore !@#$ery that if I was Danuser, I would quietly sweep it under the rug, and just pretend it never happened. In that regard, their insistence on reusing or revisiting plots from WoD is particularly weird imo.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

MoP ended with the faction war resolved. The Alliance got their "HELL YEAH" moment, the Horde got their "HELL YEAH" moment. Vol'jin is made Warchief, promising to Horde players that they will return to the idealistic, honorable band of outcasts that the Horde were billed as... only for him to be killed off and for Suevanas to be installed as Warchief, and then the faction war is contrived again so ActivisionBlizzard can milk Horde vs Alliance iconography... only to completely the new faction war storyline.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    MoP ended with the faction war resolved. The Alliance got their "HELL YEAH" moment, the Horde got their "HELL YEAH" moment. Vol'jin is made Warchief, promising to Horde players that they will return to the idealistic, honorable band of outcasts that the Horde were billed as... only for him to be killed off and for Suevanas to be installed as Warchief, and then the faction war is contrived again so ActivisionBlizzard can milk Horde vs Alliance iconography... only to completely the new faction war storyline.
    I'm sure it was just a truce
    The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

I make Warcraft 3 Reforged HD custom models and I'm also an HD model reviewer.

Most of BfA tbh. It had been stupid before at points (wow's lore was never great to begin with but still) but BfA's lore is just an insult to human intelligence.

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    yeah the Grommash thing did kind of come out of nowhere. yeah we're just gonna forget all the horrible things you did just because you helped us kill Archimonde. does not make sense at all.

as for Doomhammer I thought his demise was quite poetic in a way; he was killed by Blackhand whom his MU counterpart killed during the second war (I think). good old switcheroo
    yeah, i see the irony in that, but the way doomhammer was killed - like a meaningless npc. Its more HOW they did it.

Most of the character writing of bfa, sira, sylvannas etc. it is just weak. how the fuck you defend your home a sec ago then you become the harbingers of death like wth. But void elves are the ones with that edge, damn. Well appeals to young people i guess.

Let's be honest here. The High Elves becoming Blood Elves in TBC and switching sides was pretty contrived. It wasn't even done for story reasons but for advertising in other markets.

7+ Year Old Account
    Time Travel, Bronze Dragons...Infinite Dragonflight...it should've never been added to the complexity that is already Warcrafts Universe

Mechagon , just why blizzard ? no one asked.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by valax View Post
    Mechagon , just why blizzard ? no one asked.
    Maybe because they felt the need to offset the overall dark tone of all of BfA, especially the first half (war of thorns and the ensuing burning of Teldrassil, siege of Lordaeron, BoD) with something more light-hearted and "funny" - and nothing in WoW says joke better than gnomes/goblins. The funny (probably in an unintended way) part is that Mechagon was the only part of BfA with a story that actually made sense.

Quote Originally Posted by blankfaced View Post
    It's fan base attempting to dissect it's characters by applying real world human behavior to fantasy characters.
    And what makes you think that "Fantasy Characters" are going to magically act radically different than "Real World" people? Are you somehow implying that the existence of magic, or strange beasts, or dwarves and elves somehow alters the basic nature of how sentient beings think and act?

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by blankfaced View Post
    It's fan base attempting to dissect it's characters by applying real world human behavior to fantasy characters.
    It's actually writers who apply RL categories to in-game events, c.f. "war crimes" or "genocide". Players are just following in their footsteps.

Panda's

Message Length

The world stabbing incident, at least from the sheer scale of nonsense, how the severity and following events don't even make a lick of sense and so on. It starts from the practically non-existent impact to the ecosystem to the absolute rubbish that is Azerite, even on a conceptual level.

Edit: Close second is all the stuff about grand concepts like time travel, the transcendental burning legion and I full well expect shadowlands to be another one of these nonsense concepts. Blizzard writers have not the collective intelligence, writing chops and professional endurance to think these concepts through and stick to them within the confines of the story and the rules they have established. By far better writers have failed with such concepts, stop using them in main plots, you just don't have the skill to pull it off. Again, shadowlands already comes with a swath of retcons and plot holes, I just hope it won't be as much of a narrative desaster as BfA.

Individual characters having the consistency of ones in a CW show and retcons happening with regularity is just par for the course of the franchise at this point. I don't even have it in me to care anymore.
    Last edited by Cosmic Janitor; 2020-06-02 at 05:53 AM.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

"There must always be a lichking"...
    None of us really changes over time. We only become more fully what we are.

10+ Year Old Account
    Retconning Lothar from being ambushed by Doomhammer to being a shitty duel that he loses. Also the general whitewashing of the orcs over all.

Pandaria. Went downhill from there...

Also Thrallaclysm
    How did he die ?

His death was caused by pneumonia induced by daggers to the chest.Repeatedly.