Quote Originally Posted by Kellhound View Post
    The Geneva Conventions do NOT apply to US internal police matters, again legal terms have meanings....
    Oh no, I'm not disagreeing with that. But what you just said, is what the person you quoted said, and you made it out to sound like he was wrong or didn't understand. You're basically just repeating the point he was making.

Quote Originally Posted by Yuujin View Post
    -snip- Geneva Convention stuff.
    Again, U.S. didn't ratify it, and it clearly stipulates the other party be it a state actor or non-state actor like a rebel force MUST have a clear line of authority and organization. Rioting dissidents don't fit that in any way. They also must have a clear distinct emblem signifying they are there for humanitarian purposes. Again means jack shit since the U.S. never ratified it, but also shows that the medical personnel there should have more adequate means of identifying themselves other than displaying a badge

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    Really not helping here with the impression that the biggest consideration in American politics is not inconveniencing white people, dude.
    I understand where you are coming from, but at the end of the day, a lot of people are selfish, and you aren't going to win allies by inconveniencing the people you need supporting you. It's common sense.

You make the biggest splash and inconvenience the least amount of people in the process.

Quote Originally Posted by Foosha View Post
    Again, U.S. didn't ratify it, and it clearly stipulates the other party be it a state actor or non-state actor like a rebel force MUST have a clear line of authority and organization. Rioting dissidents don't fit that in any way. They also must have a clear distinct emblem signifying they are there for humanitarian purposes. Again means jack shit since the U.S. never ratified it, but also shows that the medical personnel there should have more adequate means of identifying themselves other than displaying a badge
    I know about the first bit, just pointing out something to the person it was directed at.

As for the last bit, I honestly don't see how you can justify the actions of the police in this instance by blaming the medics for not having better identifiers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thing is, its generally a disgusting enough thing to do to go after medics that it was decided to be a war crime (even if US didnt ratify). So, to do it domestically to our own medics is awful.

As for the specific incident with tents, I imagine they have to have clear ID (and that one medic that got smacked by a cop absolutely had a red cross on). So I fail to see a reason for shooting at a medical tent...

Quote Originally Posted by Josuke View Post
    How do you braindead masters of the sword keep a guy with a sword away from you when you're unarmed?
    I'm reminded of the Rick and Morty episode where Jerry and Beth go to that therapist planet, and the version of Jerry that Beth sees in her mind keeps bending over and presenting himself whenever confrontation presents itself.

That's how I imagine he'd handle the situation.

I know about the first bit, just pointing out something to the person it was directed at.

As for the last bit, I honestly don't see how you can justify the actions of the police in this instance by blaming the medics for not having better identifiers.
    Scummy, but I am just throwing out idiocy of jackasses who think it's against the Geneva Convention like it means something and they will be tried for high war crimes. Like fucking LOL

Scummy, but I am just throwing out idiocy of jackasses who think it's against the Geneva Convention like it means something and they will be tried for high war crimes. Like fucking LOL
    Yeah but you have to understand where they are coming from. These people are trying to help the wounded and the police are just rolling through and firing seemingly indiscriminately. You'd think we'd have some standards for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Also, Im probably in the unique position of having had a machete swung at me before. That shit is terrifying. Stupid ex bf....
    This is really weird af. You should choose your bf more carefully.
    Maybe just ask them on your first date: "Would you ever swing a machete at me?"

In all seriousness, good thing you survived. Depending on where that happens and how determined the attacker is, I guess it's not that easy to escape. Indoors for example.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Inuyaki View Post
    This is really weird af. You should choose your bf more carefully.
    Maybe just ask them on your first date: "Would you ever swing a machete at me?"

In all seriousness, good thing you survived. Depending on where that happens and how determined the attacker is, I guess it's not that easy to escape. Indoors for example.
    To be fair, I got it as a gift on my trip bakc from Belize, and he was excited and was swinging it around, but toward me. Scary though. Totally something you throw something at the person for

and he did tend to hit me with the flat of the blade -_- so yeah, maybe I shoulda been more choosy rofl.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh no, I'm not disagreeing with that. But what you just said, is what the person you quoted said, and you made it out to sound like he was wrong or didn't understand. You're basically just repeating the point he was making.
    He quite clearly does not what to accept it, hence the sarcasm to end his comment. Hence my return comment. Try to keep up....

Yeah but you have to understand where they are coming from. These people are trying to help the wounded and the police are just rolling through and firing seemingly indiscriminately. You'd think we'd have some standards for them.
    Thought experiment here. If they came across an injured police officer, do you think they would help him? If they are truly a nurse/medic they probably would/should. Do you think those agents who harmed him will protect him from more harm while in the care of those medics? If they are past the police lines I have my doubts seeing what they do to people knocked unconscious.

He quite clearly does not what to accept it, hence the sarcasm to end his comment. Hence my return comment. Try to keep up....
    No, I accepted it.

I just made fun of it, because it not being a war crime does not make it any less bad.
    If your intention was to only correct us, then I appreciate it. But it seemed you wanted to downplay it.

To be fair, I got it as a gift on my trip bakc from Belize, and he was excited and was swinging it around, but toward me. Scary though. Totally something you throw something at the person for

and he did tend to hit me with the flat of the blade -_- so yeah, maybe I shoulda been more choosy rofl.
    Sounds like 50 Shades of Grey to me

I still fundamentally disagree with protesting on an interstate, closed or not. Those places are designed for high speeds, high traffic, and no pedestrians, unlike most city streets.

I-35 is also constantly a clusterfuck of construction
    But it was closed... why do you disagree with protesting on a closed highway?

No, I accepted it.

I just made fun of it, because it not being a war crime does it not make less bad.
    If your intention was to only correct us, then I appreciate it. But it seemed you wanted to downplay it.
    So uh, yeah, I guess.. you uh.. need to... try to keep up?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    But it was closed... why do you disagree with protesting on a closed highway?
    Mainly a safety issue, even if its closed. Just not designed for pedestrians, while main streets and the like do tend to have people around them and are adjusted for accordingly. Especially in Texas. I know how dangerous I-35 is, and it being closed doesn't completely eliminate that.

Am I not allowed to have a line drawn somewhere?

10+ Year Old Account
    No, I accepted it.

I just made fun of it, because it not being a war crime does not make it any less bad.
    "No, it does NOT apply to police action inside the US against civilians." is quite clearly an informative statement pertaining only to the Geneva Conventions, and not one that even attempts to breach the morality of the actions in question.

Thought experiment here. If they came across an injured police officer, do you think they would help him? If they are truly a nurse/medic they probably would/should. Do you think those agents who harmed him will protect him from more harm while in the care of those medics? If they are past the police lines I have my doubts seeing what they do to people knocked unconscious.
    We could go with the hypothetical, and you may be right, but we could just go with what happened.

- - - Updated - - -

"No, it does NOT apply to police action inside the US against civilians." is quite clearly an informative statement pertaining only to the Geneva Conventions, and not one that even attempts to breach the morality of the actions in question.
    Holy shit, you're still going.

Oh right we're jackasses for saying "If these acts were committed against another country this would be in violation of the Geneva Convention, but America is doing it to it's own people.. something that in the rest of the world is a war crime"

Do you not see the issue is the weight of it? What idiocy is, is saying "lol so what if it would be a war crime, America doesn't abide by the same rules every other country does hahahaha"