10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PosPosPos View Post
    Like I said earlier, alt-righters and bald-faced lies go hand-in-hand. Not that I mind your backtracking, it just adds even more credence to whatever I say.

Almost like 170 pages of videos and accounts of protestors and journalists don't exist.

I think immediately jumping to "biblical punishment" when retribution can easily and obviously come in the form of human intervention(especially in the context of this thread) speaks more of you as a religious zealot rather than me or anyone else.

Again, your fevered and crazed ramblings about your supposed lineage speaks more about you ignoring and enabling racism just because you were lucky enough to be born in a generation with privilege rather than anyone else.
    So are you gonna quote me where I was defending racism? Or was it like almost all your contributions in this thread: hollow lies?

Quote Originally Posted by Mechazod View Post
    That's a great mindset to have about people.
    "HOW DARE YOU PEACEFULLY KNEEL DURING THE NATIONAL ANTHEM!!! YOU'RE DISRESPECTING OUR TROOPS!!!"
    ~everyone now condemning violent protests.

Maybe we should have taken it seriously in the decades+ that it's been a problem, and it wouldn't have gotten to this point. Instead of pretending that it was just a bunch of uppity ni-...I mean...people with a victim complex who hate America.
    Last edited by s_bushido; 2020-06-01 at 08:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gestopft View Post
    It's true though. There's never a "right" way to protest. MLK, famous for non-violent protests, was called an extremist. People defending the status quo will always find a reason to criticize the protestors.
    And to note, those defending the status quo are just as much authoritarians as the authoritarians themselves. They are not innocent by any means.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mechazod View Post
    That's a great mindset to have about people.
    It is an accurate mindset to have about many people in this thread.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

And to note, those defending the status quo are just as much authoritarians as the authoritarians themselves. They are not innocent by any means.
    People defending the status quo are sick and tired of being called authoritarians, despots, racists, sexists and whatnot. As long society exists, there will always be dissatisfied minorities yapping about how oppressed they are and how there's a conspiracy to exterminate them. If you let BLM win, it will just result in a new form oppression where ex- and current policemen will be persecuted and lynched if they are deemed to be / have been racist (if you think victorious protestors don't turn into lynch mobs, refer to 2014 prosecution and murder of ex-Berkut operatives in Ukraine). There are no "innocents". Everyone is neck deep in various kinds of nasty shit but most of us prefer not to think about it so that we can go on with our daily lives without a massive baggage of guilt.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilfire View Post
    People defending the status quo are sick and tired of being called authoritarians, despots, racists, sexists and whatnot.
    Then they should drop being and/or defending authoritarians, despots, racists, sexists and whatnot.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    Then they should drop being and/or defending authoritarians, despots, racists, sexists and whatnot.
    Deposing those people DOES not work. Conflict and strife is human nature and old forms of discrimination will just be replaced with new. Even attempts to create a perfectly egalitarian society (e.g. communism) have resulted in more needless suffering than the "despots" they replaced (e.g. Nikolai Romanov) could have ever dreamed of. You can't take suffering out of the equation.

People defending the status quo are sick and tired of being called authoritarians, despots, racists, sexists and whatnot.
    Maybe they should stop tacitly supporting the systemic oppression of other people then, eh?

“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”
    -John Stuart Mill
    "We must make our choice. We may have democracy, or we may have wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both."
    -Louis Brandeis

Like I said earlier, alt-righters and bald-faced lies go hand-in-hand. Not that I mind your backtracking, it just adds even more credence to whatever I say.

Almost like 170 pages of videos and accounts of protestors and journalists don't exist.

I think immediately jumping to "biblical punishment" when retribution can easily and obviously come in the form of human intervention(especially in the context of this thread) speaks more of you as a religious zealot rather than me or anyone else.

Again, your fevered and crazed ramblings about your supposed lineage speaks more about you ignoring and enabling racism just because you were lucky enough to be born in a generation with privilege rather than anyone else.
    But your bait was of excellent quality, it was impossible to resist, be proud of that!
    Oh, you mean 170 pages of back and forth? Even the last few ones where half of posts are about you calling people racist and others asking for a source, instead of actual sources? Still not provided, btw.

A religious zealot? More, say more funny stuff! And punishment for "sins of ancestors" is commonly associated with Bible. Do try to keep up, will ya?

"check your privilige" is an argument you just used? Brah... Just stop. Unless you really want to call being born in Eastern Europe a priviledge. Then by all means go ahead xD
    P.S.
    Once more, do check the OP, or what posts I have made in regards to American police.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Take that haters.
    IF IM STUPID, so is Donald Trump.

Deposing those people DOES not work. Conflict and strife is human nature and old forms of discrimination will just be replaced with new. Even attempts to create a perfectly egalitarian society (e.g. communism) have resulted in more needless suffering than the "despots" they replaced (e.g. Nikolai Romanov) could have ever dreamed of. You can't take suffering out of the equation.
    "People suck, people have always sucked, people will always suck, so just shut up and take it."

LOL
    "We must make our choice. We may have democracy, or we may have wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both."
    -Louis Brandeis

Maybe they should stop tacitly supporting the systemic oppression of other people then, eh?

“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”
    -John Stuart Mill
    Systemic oppression and evil are human nature. If you remove one form of oppression, another will move in to fill the void. Every human society that has ever existed has had some kind of systemic oppression.

10+ Year Old Account
    Folks, I know that interesting times like these produce a lot of social media gold, but I believe we may have a solid contender for Tweet of the Year for 2020 if only because it's probably the first time since Season 8 that I've felt genuinely good about a Game of Thrones meme:

- - - Updated - - -

Systemic oppression and evil are human nature. If you remove one form of oppression, another will move in to fill the void. Every human society that has ever existed has had some kind of systemic oppression.
    "Oppression is a part of human nature until it affects me", said every entitled person that has ever existed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    "Oppression is a part of human nature until it affects me", said every entitled person that has ever existed.
    "We will build an egalitarian society with no more oppression" - said every revolutionary ever before turning into a mindless monster.

Cool. So people should just take it then?

"Someone has to be oppressed; might as well be me."
    -nobody ever
    Last edited by Gestopft; 2020-06-01 at 08:58 AM.
    -Louis Brandeis

Cool. So people should just take it then?
    Don't take it but be a smart adult and avoid cops if you're scared of them. Don't go outside and don't live in a bad neighborhood where you could get no-knocked because they suspect you might have drugs. It's that easy. All BLM protests accomplish is reinforcing racist stereotypes among gun-toting hillbilly cops.

10+ Year Old Account
    "We will build an egalitarian society with no more oppression" - said every revolutionary ever before turning into a mindless monster.
    Yeah, that's a really dim view of humanity that I really don't share.

In my experience people who spout that sort of opinion are some of the most dependent on the public tit by virtue of their privilege, who then construct a moral system to justify benefiting from the exploitation they are quite aware is going on but choosing to ignore.

And more broadly speaking, on a human to human level that sort of viewpoint isn't reflected in how most people tend to behave in natural disasters and other community level calamities. The idea of 'every man for himself' is a thing that happens but tends to be exceptional and thus what gets noted in the history books, versus the majority of shit that we see - cooperation, sharing, community coordination. And in fact too often these things start happening but are then aborted by an external force holding the above belief.

It really bothers me why more people don't question how much the survival of the fittest narrative has been buttressed in our cultural consciousness to justify shit like imperialism, colonialism, slavery, police brutality, genocide, what have you, and exactly what level of complicity they are choosing to accept by repeating that narrative.

It's quite craven and again, the manifest display of the levels of intellectual bankruptcy and cowardice my fellow white man will go to just keep excusing the same shit, over and over has been one of the reasons why 2020 has made me more ashamed to be white than I have ever been in my natural life.
    Last edited by Elegiac; 2020-06-01 at 09:08 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

15+ Year Old Account
    Don't take it but be a smart adult and avoid cops if you're scared of them. Don't go outside and don't live in a bad neighborhood where you could get no-knocked because they suspect you might have drugs. It's that easy. All BLM protests accomplish is reinforcing racist stereotypes among gun-toting hillbilly cops.
    Victim blaming, that's a new one.

Don't worry, if we keep quiet nothing will happen to us turns into if we do what they say nothing will happen to us turns into well now we're locked up anyways, fuck.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    Victim blaming, that's a new one.

Don't worry, if we keep quiet nothing will happen to us turns into if we do what they say nothing will happen to us turns into well now we're locked up anyways, fuck.
    Somehow the vast majority of people manage to live their lives without getting fucked up by the boys in blue

15+ Year Old Account
    Somehow the vast majority of people manage to live their lives without getting fucked up by the boys in blue
    Is that supposed to mean something?

When your advice of just avoid stuff does not work for everyone, that advice is useless.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Somehow the vast majority of affluent people manage to live their lives without getting fucked up by the boys in blue