3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    later they can get their previous light powers trough faith or will powers, being undead don't make it impossible to use the light, Sir Zeliek did, forsakens do.
    to be fair I'm thinking if the Ebon Blade had their way, Tirion and Maraad might have even be the first Lightforged DKs to be shown
    The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

I make Warcraft 3 Reforged HD custom models and I'm also an HD model reviewer.

mind you, people are also asking void elves to be demon hunter, so no he isn't wrong.

people literally want everything blood elves have and more, something we warned before, and is a completely stupid and entitled attitude

- - - Updated - - -

and void elves are already disc and holy priests, is enough

if you rly want a paladin elf, go horde, ask night elves to be one, i agree we should ease the class/race combo, but lets not get too crazy
    What makes you think that? I am happy with my human and belf paladins. I'm just not selfish and there are other class/race combos i'd probably be interested in. It makes no sense to restrict non-lore characters. I don't see what the problem is or how it's crazy but alas.
    And on that note, how does other people having acess to class combos diminishes what you have? I really don't get that mindset.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Broflake View Post
    Sunwalkers aren't void elves asking for a Paladin class.
    Sunwalkers also don't share the same appearance as blood elves either.
    Farstriders are rangers, and they don't steal the sentinel's identity because night elves are a different thing.

I am not sure why you insist on throwing out red herrings. You couldn't even admit being wrong about blood knights being paladins.

- - - Updated - - -

It was explained long ago.
    When you die, the light/void leave your body.
    Deathmagic is not opposed to either of those two forces as well

- - - Updated - - -

Lightforged shadow priests are a thing because of gameplay design. You can't restrict specs the way you can classes.
    undead paladins are also explained as well.

It is a part of WoW. Stop trying to make everyone the same and water it down.

It is the way WoW is.
    Frankly, its bad enough void elves steal the blood elf theme, why take their paladin class too?
    How is it watering down? Your character is not a lore character.

The paladin class doesnt belong to the blood elves. By that logic, no other race but humans and dwarves should be paladins. Your character is not lore. It's a what-if. So, what harm is there in letting other make other what-if characters. The entitlement is very much on your side.
    I don't say this for void elves, but for all classes. I have yet to hear a good reason to limit player creativity on non-lore characters.

And this is funny cause blood elves were specifically used to deliver a paladin option to the horde, and now you act like belves own the class. XD
    Actually horde blood elves were also seen as humans for the horde back then, cause humans were the most popular race and horde needed a pretty race to balance population. How we've circled around! When the shoe is on the other foot eh?
    Last edited by Swnem; 2020-06-01 at 04:15 PM.

but does Kt and SW humans looks also exactly the same? no, then the situation isn't comparable.

At least let some visual differences between the races, world will not end because you don't have all the hair shades
    The humans SW/KT are of the same race, the blood/void elves are also of the same race, the request therefore admissible ...
    It is clear that at this stage, Blizzard will not stop halfway there but will go to the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo Hawk View Post
    You were literally arguing that there was not a reason anymore to train new Demon Hunters and that 'because they want to' would be a bad argument.
    A weak argument. Not a bad one. Considering their lore, it would be an incredibly weak argument.

Then I pointed out at new DKs seeming to be individuals willingly deciding so, for not apparent reason, not that if it makes sense that a Lich King could do that or not, that's out of question.
    Then whether by my fault for not explaining enough, or yours for wanting to argue something different, the point was taken out of context. The only point me saying the LK could create new DK served was explicitly that....that he can create new Death Knights. Them being willing participants in it or not is irrelevant to that power, there's no agency required in the decision when he simply has the power to make them whenever he wants to. Therefore, new races becoming DK's has a completely relevant and lore valid reason for existing.

I mean, your words literally are: 'The driving force behind the creation and training of Demon Hunters is no longer there so what motivations are there to become a Demon Hunter? I'd be "satisfied" with them going....because I want to...but honestly that really doesn't make sense and is really really weak.'
    Notice I put the word satisfied in quotation marks. Because there's really no way to argue against that so I'd have to be OK with it or accept it. And given the lore behind Demon Hunters, that reasoning wouldn't have any meat to it anymore considering the entire purpose behind the creation of Demon Hunters, to fight and defeat the Burning Legion, no longer exists.

Your point was also that 'because they want to' is a bad excuse regarding these kind of classes, not that if it makes sense that a damn Lich King can create new DKs or not, which has always been out of the question - by the way -.
    As I said before, it seems like you're taking what I said out of context. And I don't know if it's because you want to argue semantics or what. But I think I've been pretty clear as to what I mean. Death Knights can be created for whatever reason or no reason at all by the Lich King who has the power to do so...therefore new races being Death Knights makes complete lore sense. Demon Hunters, whose entire purpose is to fight and defeat the Burning Legion...no longer have a Burning Legion to fight against, therefore the creation of new ones doesn't make sense from a lore perspective. The only reason I put the whole "I'd be satisfied with "because I want to"" in there is because that's something Blizzard would do, and if that's what they decided I'd HAVE to accept it....that doesn't mean it makes any more lore sense.

7+ Year Old Account
    but does Kt and SW humans looks also exactly the same? no, then the situation isn't comparable.

At least let some visual differences between the races, world will not end because you don't have all the hair shades
    Humans and KT, being of the same race, share similar or the same hairstyles/hair colors.

Void Elves and Blood Elves, being of the same race, can be concluded to share the same or similar hairstyles/hair colors and other customizations.

For instance some Void Elf beard options are going to Blood Elves, and we already have the skin tones down.

People have also suggested different tints if blonde, just like the datamined autumn or sand blonde for Night Elves isn’t the exact same shades of blonde as on Nightborne.

This level of pedantry you’re showing is really useless at this point.

Did people of other races who get extra customizations cease asking for more? No, they kept asking for different things after one matter was settled.

Take Worgen revamp, got a full revamp and then wanted female Worgen to have glowing eyes just like males.

Did Blood Elf players stop asking for more customization once they got Golden Eyes? Nope.

Did Night Elf players stop asking for more once they got Night Warrior eyes? Nope.

Ion even said that character customization is never ending and they always want to add more options so people can express their characters how they want.

Thus even Blizzard supports people continuing to ask for further character customization options.

To sum it up:

1) They’re the same race and shared similar/same styles are allowable

2) People have suggested different shades that give the same outcome (there’s over 20+ kinds of blonde hair color that exist, use some not used by Blood Elves)

3) None of the customizations coming in Shadowlands are a “final pass of options” for any race, Allied or otherwise. Ergo, people are supported in asking for further customization options.

I suggest you stop engaging in pedantry as it’s pretty clear Blizzard doesn’t support your notion.

Maybe if you spent more time organizing and supporting the requests you want instead of going to other requests and constantly spouting “No no no no no” like Michael Scott from the Office then you’d probably get some options you actually want.

- - - Updated - - -

To help illustrate my point:

And since Blizzard gave Void Elves 4 shades of pretty much the same skin color originally and saw that as 'good enough to ship', I'm really sure they can afford giving different shades of 'blonde' to Void Elves as well.

Especially since Blood Elves have only 4 hair color options that can be considered any semblance of blonde but my picture is already showing 10 diff shades of blonde.

Quote Originally Posted by ddi2 View Post
    Well, considering that he flat out said next after that sentence that they are not planning to add High Elves, you and several other people back then on forums are just wrong.
    ...nope we are not.

High elves are more then a look. They a culture etc.

This is just void elves looking like high elves or blood elves.

Or are we getting a high elf racial, mount, heritage armor, city/starting zone and high elf hero's......?!?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frenchvince View Post
    The humans SW/KT are of the same race,
    they clearly aren't the same, KT is another breed of human half giants, the normal humans kultirans aren't playable
    the blood/void elves are also of the same race, the request therefore admissible ...
    they aren't the same race, void elves are being mutated by the void, and the request is nonsensical when just void elves are getting all the blood elf shit and not also the inverse

Quote Originally Posted by Geisl View Post
    Humans and KT, being of the same race, share similar or the same hairstyles/hair colors.
    they are not the same race, they are in the same faction and they have different shades, so yes, i still assume difference between races is at least expectable
    Void Elves and Blood Elves, being of the same race, can be concluded to share the same or similar hairstyles/hair colors and other customizations.
    except they also are not the same race, share a few options is understable, but share all is bullshit and not necessary, especially when void elves would get all blood elf options while blood elves can't get any void elf option
    For instance some Void Elf beard options are going to Blood Elves, and we already have the skin tones down.
    what dataminers find, as far i know, is new beards for then, not void elf beard

People have also suggested different tints if blonde, just like the datamined autumn or sand blonde for Night Elves isn’t the exact same shades of blonde as on Nightborne.
    not necessary
    This level of pedantry you’re showing is really useless at this point.
    the pedantry here is how the alliance are wanting literally, all the options blood elves have, and more including paladins with some edgy void reskin

Quote Originally Posted by Swnem View Post
    What makes you think that?
    think that what exactly?
    I'm just not selfish and there are other class/race combos i'd probably be interested in. It makes no sense to restrict non-lore characters. I don't see what the problem is or how it's crazy but alas.
    And on that note, how does other people having acess to class combos diminishes what you have? I really don't get that mindset.
    the problem all boils down to how it don't make any sense lore wise, diminish the thematic of the other races and how this nonsense argument is only relevant when its giving more things to the elves, like they already don't have enough shit

7+ Year Old Account
    they are not the same race, they are in the same faction and they have different shades, so yes, i still assume difference between races is at least expectable

except they also are not the same race, share a few options is understable, but share all is bullshit and not necessary, especially when void elves would get all blood elf options while blood elves can't get any void elf option

what dataminers find, as far i know, is new beards for then, not void elf beard

not necessary

the pedantry here is how the alliance are wanting literally, all the options blood elves have, and more including paladins with some edgy void reskin
    Yup this post just shows despite the developers saying these are the same races, you simply can't accept it.

Probably because you're more concerned with denying options from others regardless of anything else.

That's ok though, seeing as High Elves are happening means the developers don't share your view and that's enough for me to disregard whatever you're saying.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeicideUH View Post

I think silver-blue, black, white, bege (which can pass as a tainted/pale blonde), dark red and dual colors (like black/red, blue/blonde) for hair could fit well for both high elf and void elf skins.

Also celtic-style tattoos in void, blue, violet and magenta colors would be perfect for both.
    Oh yeah. White haired void elf with facial tattoos would be insane.
    "If you want to play alongside High and Void elves, the Alliance is waiting for you"

I'm fairly certain Blizzard is on record as saying Kul Tirans are in fact the same race as Stormwind Humans. They just went with the large models for players because they thought they were interesting and offered a diverse option that differed from the Stormwind body-type.
    Last edited by Kyriani; 2020-06-01 at 07:49 PM.

10+ Year Old Account

they aren't the same race, void elves are being mutated by the void, and the request is nonsensical when just void elves are getting all the blood elf shit and not also the inverse
    I'm sorry, but with high elves and blood elves in Telegrus Rift, that wasn't really the case. Now that's even less the case.

Right now void elf is another term for "Alliance Thalassian elves".

Blizzard gave you an iconic Alliance race 13 years ago. We can't undo that. But at least we can fix that, and Blizzard decided to do so.
    "If you want to play alongside High and Void elves, the Alliance is waiting for you"

10+ Year Old Account
    I hope all of this backfires on you Helfers. You’re taking a few customization options and running with it faster than I could possibly imagine, and when the Blood Elf fans point out that there’s nothing unique about their race they get ridiculed. You are the most toxic group of people I have ever seen.
    ”I've walked the realms of the dead. I have seen the infinite dark. Nothing you say. Or do. Could possibly frighten me."-Sylvanas Windrunner

Quote Originally Posted by Phaelia View Post
    You are the most toxic group of people I have ever seen.
    IDK, I am looking at someone very toxic right now. You elf fans I swear.
    Quote Originally Posted by Someone I don't like
    Something I perceive as stupid or overly emotional.
    A quote that justifies my ideology, or attributes my opposition's position to ignorance or selfishness. - Some Nobody

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gurmech View Post
    IDK, I am looking at someone very toxic right now. You elf fans I swear.
    Because I’m pointing out that there’s nothing unique left to the race I’ve played most of my gaming life of WoW, I’m the toxic one? I guess me wishing it backfires can be seen as such but it’s obvious that they’re trying to take everything and leave us with nothing.
    ”I've walked the realms of the dead. I have seen the infinite dark. Nothing you say. Or do. Could possibly frighten me."-Sylvanas Windrunner

10+ Year Old Account
    Because I’m pointing out that there’s nothing unique left to the race I’ve played most of my gaming life of WoW, I’m the toxic one? I guess me wishing it backfires can be seen as such but it’s obvious that they’re trying to take everything and leave us with nothing.
    Leave us with nothing ?

Well. You have Quel'Thalas, Silvermoon, the Sunwell... blond/brown hairs.

Alliance elves just got a rock.

leave us with nothing.
    What did you lose?
    Whatever...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeicideUH View Post
    What did you lose?
    We haven’t lost much yet but, the High Elf fans want the moon and the stars. That’s what I’m talking about. All of our skins are gone to Void Elf customizations, on top of their voidy looks, and there’s nothing new but body jewelry and eyes for the Blood Elves. Now you guys want Paladins, access to green and golden eyes, access to all hair styles and colors, and I’ve even seen people kicking around a war for Quel’thalas scenario where the Blood elves lose their home. This is what I’m talking about.
    Giving Blood Elves both dark ranger and san’layn options would appease me but I doubt that will happen.

7+ Year Old Account
    We haven’t lost much yet but, the High Elf fans want the moon and the stars. That’s what I’m talking about. All of our skins are gone to Void Elf customizations, on top of their voidy looks, and there’s nothing new but body jewelry and eyes for the Blood Elves. Now you guys want Paladins, access to green and golden eyes, access to all hair styles and colors, and I’ve even seen people kicking around a war for Quel’thalas scenario where the Blood elves lose their home. This is what I’m talking about.
    Giving Blood Elves both dark ranger and san’layn options would appease me but I doubt that will happen.
    This is wrong, and just shows you're too focused on pedantry than actually appreciating what you have + are getting. They're further adding more skin tones exclusive to Blood Elves that Void Elves will not get. They even showcase one in blood elf preview.

2nd from left for male, and 3rd from left for female. Those skins even fit your MMO-C profile pic!

You're also getting body jewelry as you pointed out, as well as necklaces, a specific hairstyle with a crown for female BEs.

Yikes you just sound hella upset over Blizzard handling the High Elf request in an amicable manner. And you're the one saying others are being toxic?

I think the void elves will just have a panel of BE hair colors nothing more ...
    So only the skin and hair colors are shared to be able to make a high elf.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Geisl View Post
    This is wrong, and just shows you're too focused on pedantry than actually appreciating what you have + are getting. They're further adding more skin tones exclusive to Blood Elves that Void Elves will not get. They even showcase one in blood elf preview.

2nd from left for male, and 3rd from left for female. Those skins even fit your MMO-C profile pic!

You're also getting body jewelry as you pointed out, as well as necklaces, a specific hairstyle with a crown for female BEs.

Yikes you just sound hella upset over Blizzard handling the High Elf request in an amicable manner. And you're the one saying others are being toxic?
    You’re right I am upset. Also, that was a brief summation of what the races are getting.

Additionally, Blood Elves will have the option to choose from a variety of new skin colors and Void Elves will inherit the skin color options that are available to Blood Elves. Here’s a glimpse of the potential characters that you can create with some of the new options.
    I take this to mean that Blood Elves are getting new skins, and void elves are inheriting all of those.
    No one will know for sure until the actual options are available but I’m fairly certain the Void Elves will get all of them. Maybe I’m jumping the gun with my frustrations but I’ve been very against giving the opposite faction options that the other one has. I like the addition of Nightborne to the Horde but I don’t agree with it. If they’re doing this I don’t see why everyone can’t just play whatever race they want regardless of faction.