10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    That’s what I get for trusting YouTube comments. This wasn’t Erik Garner... was it?
    There was a similar incident in 2016, before the election, where he mocked Romney's 2012 defeat, saying he "choked".

This video shows it and the discussion around it.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Seems the clip is from when Trump was talking about Bloomberg choking.
    That’s ah... bad looking clip right there...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DocSavageFan View Post
    If the President wasn't in any danger, then why would they move him to the bunker? Res ipsa loquitur.
    Probably because he could see them protesting from the window he forlornly stares out while thinking sad thoughts about Melania getting railed by a man who’s cock still works and it was making him even more sad.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

Herald of the Titans DocSavageFan's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hollowlithic View Post
    Probably because everything is out of context as usual. Then again people on this forum actually believe someone with Alzheimer's is going to win big in November.
    The debates will likely show America the truth of the matter imo.
    "Never get on the bad side of small minded people who have a little power." - Evelyn (Gifted)

Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    The him mocking in can't breathe, November is far away but i got a feeling this is going to stick around.
    The dems should put this in front an center, everyday for 6 months
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    There was a similar incident in 2016, before the election, where he mocked Romney's 2012 defeat, saying he "choked".

This video shows it and the discussion around it.
    Yeah, the first two guys in the video are nuts. This is just Trump being an idiot... he does the same thing to Bloomberg. The optics are horrible and I think democrats should run with the ad... but, it’s not racially motivated... just horrible optics by a man who never considers optics.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Seems the clip is from when Trump was talking about Bloomberg choking.

Oh, looks like he also used Eric Garner's last words to mock Romney at one point.... Forgot about that.

Basically, Trump is a piece of shit.
    I feel like I need to take a page from Russian-propaganda playbook and start up several facebook groups and get thousands of fake accounts on twitter to start sharing a cut down video and claim that he's mocking victims of police violence.

The GOP and Russia loves the fake news tactic. Time to make them choke on their own actions.

10+ Year Old Account
    The debates will likely show America the truth of the matter imo.
    Like those with Hillary? Where Trump, literally, snorted his way screaming ‘lock her up’? Leaving us with totally competent lines like... “Hillary has a lot of powerful donors... well... so do I, but they prefer to remain hidden’ or perhaps the classic “I don’t pay taxes because I’m smart”.

Quote Originally Posted by Hollowlithic View Post
    Probably because everything is out of context as usual. Then again people on this forum actually believe someone with Alzheimer's is going to win big in November.
    I mean I doubt a third party is going to win so it seems logical to me.

New month; new crisis. Ebola is back!

I don't believe in deities or cosmic forces or whatever but SOMETHING has certainly had enough of our shit.

I also can't think of a worse person to have in office to handle this, even if it wasn't on top of COVID-19, nationwide protests, murder hornets and various other dumpster fires.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    I mean I doubt a third party is going to win so it seems logical to me.
    It’s like Trump’s bronzer and comb over, actually work to make people forget he is only 4 years younger than Biden. Biden should get a Jersey Shore make over... is that still a thing?

Edit: lol am I imagining things or did SNL have a sketch of Baldwin as Trump, doing a YouTube make up tutorial? If they have not... they should... according to my imagination, it would be hilarious.
    Last edited by Felya; 2020-06-01 at 07:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post

I don't believe in deities or cosmic forces or whatever but SOMETHING has certainly had enough of our shit.

I also can't think of a worse person to have in office to handle this, even if it wasn't on top of COVID-19, nationwide protests, murder hornets and various other dumpster fires.
    The beings in charge of the simulation certainly are stress testing the system. That or we're seeing the birth of Nurgle and Tzeentch in the warp.
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Fauci directly tells the press that Trump has more or less just stopped meeting with him. Hey @Benggaul what's the death count up to?
    As of this moment, 106,507, but it's an "underreport" day, so probably over 107k now.

10+ Year Old Account
    The debates thing is silly... How the hell is Trump going to claim that Biden has Alzheimer’s or is senile, when every question from what he knew about Covid to details of Russian investigation to impeachment, will result in Trump’s memory loss. The debates will be Trump not remembering, blaming everything and everyone, but him self. Then claiming Biden is senile? How would that actually work? Your best hope for debates, is the same as what happened to Hillary... Trump will get owned as usual, but it won’t mater for his supporters.

in other news...

trade deals/agreements are easy!!!

https://www.yahoo.com/news/china-ask...104544960.html

China tells state firms to halt purchases of major U.S. farm products:

China has told state-owned firms to halt purchases of soybeans and pork from the United States, two people familiar with the matter said, after Washington said it would eliminate special treatment for Hong Kong to punish Beijing.

Large volume state purchases of U.S. corn and cotton have also been put on hold, one of the sources said.
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    To be fair, Ebola never really left.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    China has told state-owned firms to halt purchases of soybeans and pork from the United States, two people familiar with the matter said, after Washington said it would eliminate special treatment for Hong Kong to punish Beijing.

Large volume state purchases of U.S. corn and cotton have also been put on hold, one of the sources said.
    Does the pork part have any impact on workers being forced into meat plants?

Quote Originally Posted by Thekri View Post
    Oh I am fine with Trump staying away from protestors. Nothing good could happen if they actually came in close contact.

The problem is that Trump keeps fanning the flames on this. Further endangering everyone involved for his own ends. The Secret Service that have been injured are being injured because Trump keeps provoking the crowds. Granted, that is not an excuse for attacking innocent people, I am not endorsing attacks on anyone. However the fact that the President is completely unable and unwilling to deescalate things is a serious problem.

Trump is doing this for a reason, as usual he needs to secure his base. His complete mishandling of the epidemic has seriously shaken his standing with many, some remain loyal, but his margins are razor thin in the best conditions, and too many are tired of holding their noses. Trump has a lot to gain from this, it is a rallying cry for his base. From their perspective, scary black people are threatening the social order, we need a strong President to put them all back in their place with guns and dogs and hoses. This will get them out to vote, while Trump continues to erode Democratic enthusiasm in Biden. This has a very good chance of working. Although far more Americans want Biden to be President then Trump, Biden votes tend to be less enthusiastic about Biden (Although many are enthusiastic about beating Trump). So what Trump has to do is shore up all the scared white people vote, keep his turnout high, and repress/discourage democratic voters.

Trump has nothing to lose from inflaming this, none of the protestors were going to vote for him anyway. Decency isn't a factor here, he will make this as bad as he possibly can. Because seeing America in flames, riddled with disease, a crashing economy, racked with violence and hate isn't a problem for him. Not if he can win.
    Concern that Trump could win is always warranted, we need to be vigilant until he's gone. That said this doesn't look like a master strategy. If there were any strategy behind it he would be taking steps to act Presidential in any way, shape, or form. He would be visibly trying to unify the country while dropping some shit stirring keywords in to fan the flames. This isn't strategy, it's spineless weakness and it will be shocking if this boosts him. Not to say he can't still turn it around, he just has to do more than:

Even if he does turn it around, there will be an open question as to why he was quietly hiding for so long.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by arandomuser View Post
    https://twitter.com/mattgaetz/status...13356853919744

"Now that we clearly see Antifa as terrorists, can we hunt them down like we do those in the Middle East?"
    The answer is a resounding "NO" because the so-called "party of the constitution" should remember that the US Constitutional rights such as due process, right to a trial, etc. applied to US Citizens even if they are engaged in terrorist activity.

Not that the current GOP actually cares about constitutional rights anymore. LOCK HER UP LOCK HER UP.

- - - Updated - - -

(and this is what the Secret Service likely meant in their statement imo)
    "What they meant was........."

lulz. At least you folks are consistent. Can't defend what is actually said so you have to create a new narrative that aligns to your views.
    Forum badass alert:
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana Violence View Post
    It's called resistance / rebellion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana Violence View Post
    Also, one day the tables might turn.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    The context of the situation is stone-cold obvious imo. Trump wasn't in immediate danger...but was moved to the bunker as a precaution due to an extremely dangerous situation developing a few hundred feet away. To frame this as Trump not being in 'imminent' danger is one thing (and this is what the Secret Service likely meant in their statement imo)...but to frame a rapidly escalating situation involving a large, violent mob nearby as somehow being no danger to the President is quite another. Obviously, the President wouldn't have been moved to the bunker unless the situation was indeed dangerous.
    And we go from outright lies from Lil Doc'y to "what he meant was". You Trumpkins slather and shrill over an entirely Deplorable human being as Twit-in-Chief, lauding his "he says what he means"; and now you spend your lives scuttling about desperately shilling "what he meant was". It would be hysterical if it wasn't so pathetically sad. And now your america is burning and dying, and Trump is hiding from people his own detail say weren't a threat.

Anyway, I'm done beating this dead horse. People believe what they want to believe...and disregard the rest.
    Indeed - such as yourself, believing what you want, rather than what's right in front of your face.