Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

I dont want BFA to end.

So I know that often my opinions are the same with other users on mmo-c, we are afterall a bunch of nerds having played the game since classic...so yea, often we agree on same things, despite what some threads might tell otherwise

But I know 1 thing that people don't agree with me; I don't like expansion resets. I honestly haven't liked an expansion reset since probably cata.

So I wanna start with saying that BFA, just like most instances had issues - I main a feral, so you don't haft to tell me how bad feral druid was on launch, or how average guardian druid still is, but as all other expansion, the problems gets ironed out over time, and suddenly even a turd can become OK.
    So now that BFA is finally good we just do it all over again, 100% getting the same result as every other expansion...Shit is bad, then later its better.

On top of that, now that we finally have last patch of expansion we got our army of alts lvl'd up, some gear, and "the routine" of say lock out farms, gold farming be it AH or whatever you do, it all just flows...You can chip away at it now, you don't haft to endure shitty new grinds, thats just there to increase MAU.

On top of that, your main is a gut damn gut-slayer, with unfathomable power. Our gear level has never been more insane than it is now with corruption gear- And its fun...tbh. I just got my BIS corruption (I think...) sorted out now with help from the new mother stuff, and now in few months all this fun, all this time to catch up on other grinds in wow, its all gone, to repeat the same shitty build-up, that leads to the same conclusion as BFA is now.

Maybe I'm just getting tired of wow, but I honestly wouldn't mind never having to level or gear my druid up more. Now everything just flows...He'll, if I get bored of any of the number of grinds I could try and catch up to that I still need to do, I can do that...but no, BFA ends soon so I haft to hurry to focus on content that might get removed or what do I know...

Honestly I have 0 faith in Blizzard to make any expansion worthwhile compared to just never having to lvl my gut damn alts (This freaking expansion I even blew was it...2 million gold to boost them in freehold 110-120...zzz), gear up with a new broken class/system that only gets good 5-8 months before a new turd drops that needs to be polished up...

TLDR; Blizzard makes a new turd, just to make that turd polished to what we have now, and repeat. At least BFA now works, and we can have some fun and time to catch up with stuff in wow...At times I wish a new expansion would never come to wow again, just big major patches only.
    Last edited by Djuntas; 2020-06-01 at 08:04 PM.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    I'd quit if I were you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lol, inb4 HUGE shitstorm of replies. Take cover OP.

"Soft resets" are necessary to get people back into the game. I won't be playing again until SL because I hated BFA, just like I hated Legion, etc.

WTF are you going to do on a char that you never have to level or gear up again. That sounds dreadfully boring never having anything to look forward too and just grinding the same dailies over and over and accumulating a mass of gold for *no reason* because you'll eventually not have anything to work for.

I didnt want Legion to end but here we are.

WoW's progression scheme is terrible and it always has been.. it's just about power creep and pretty much nothing else.
    I had fun once, it was terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by KOUNTERPARTS View Post
    Lol, inb4 HUGE shitstorm of replies. Take cover OP.
    As I said I know people don't agree with me on this I even had this talk with a friend before. But as I see it, shadowlands with just give us new problems, and new MAU increasing grinds, that will lead us down the same path as BFA eventually did...cause BFA is actually OK, not great (I have played all expansions....so I know which "lul periods were best). I mean, its gotten so bad for me in legion and BFA I even skip some grinds until flying was added to the game, cause why bother go hard on some things until that MAU grind gets switched on...etc etc, I could go on :P

I love when people post extreme minority opinions just to try and get a rise out of others.
    Scheduled weekly maintenance caught me by surprise.

Quote Originally Posted by Alcsaar View Post
    "Soft resets" are necessary to get people back into the game. I won't be playing again until SL because I hated BFA, just like I hated Legion, etc.

WTF are you going to do on a char that you never have to level or gear up again. That sounds dreadfully boring never having anything to look forward too and just grinding the same dailies over and over and accumulating a mass of gold for *no reason* because you'll eventually not have anything to work for.
    Hm, should probably also state Im one of the 50.000 people globally in wow that also grinds achievements (Yes, not more than 25-50k ppl in wow goes hard/er on achievements aka has at least 25-28k nerd points). I know we ain't many, but we still matter lol. So new expansion also just add's new gold sinks, new mounts that is stupid hard to get, and BS rng achievements that has people writing hate comments to blizzard on wowhead...BFA had some nasty achievements that people didn't like lol xD
    Last edited by Djuntas; 2020-06-01 at 08:20 PM.

I actually prefer playing at low gear levels. Upgrades feel more meaningful than when you're glutted with secondaries and you actually care about gear beyond just increasing dps because every piece slathers on more of X stat then you could ever possibly need.

The exception to this, of course, is specs that just don't work at low gear levels.

Quote Originally Posted by Alcsaar View Post
    This. The foundation of MMORPG's is advancing your character (levels, gear, reputation, etc...).

Quote Originally Posted by Sithalos View Post
    I love when people post extreme minority opinions just to try and get a rise out of others.
    not my intention, I am just looking for opinions on it through...its fine to disagree you know

Quote Originally Posted by Djuntas View Post
    Maybe I'm just getting tired of wow
    Yep, time to move on friend.

Hm, should probably also state Im one of the 50.000 people globally in wow that also grinds achievements (Yes, not more than 25-50k ppl in wow goes hard/er on achievements aka has at least 25-28k nerd points). I know we ain't many, but we still matter lol. So new expansion also just add's new gold sinks, new mounts that is stupid hard to get, and BS rng achievements that has people writing hate comments to blizzard on wowhead...BFA had some nasty achievements that people didn't like lol xD
    Just means you always have something to work towards achieving. This isn't a single player $60 one and done game that you buy and 100% and get that satisfaction of doing that. Your goal can be to 100% all achievements or whatever, but you shouldn't be demanding that they stop releasing new content so you can have a better hope at actually achieving that.

Is this like one of those abusive relationships where you get beaten by your partner yet you stay because deep down you know they really love you?

Quote Originally Posted by Saltysquidoon View Post
    I actually prefer playing at low gear levels. Upgrades feel more meaningful than when you're glutted with secondaries and you actually care about gear beyond just increasing dps because every piece slathers on more of X stat then you could ever possibly need.

The exception to this, of course, is specs that just don't work at low gear levels.
    Aint that all specs through? Feral druid is so boring at low gear levels...It slows down a lot, but with my current gear the rotation is much more active...well even spammy. Having 50-70% crit (depending on your azerite gear/corruption) is super fun etc.

Aint that all specs through? Feral druid is so boring at low gear levels...It slows down a lot, but with my current gear the rotation is much more active...well even spammy. Having 50-70% crit (depending on your azerite gear/corruption) is super fun etc.
    But that's the point. when specs are slower due to lack of gear one piece of haste gear can make your play rhythm 'feel' faster, right now one piece more or lest haste might raise or lower dps but you don't feel it. Or specs that rely on crit can feel themselves taking off as they start getting more juicy juicy procs. You get that fat dopamine hit of feeling progression.

Sure it's nice to hit the point where everything 'feels' right for awhile. But staying like that forever and never getting stronger. Nah...

Blizzard just put you into Stockholme syndrome, it's because they initially released shit and then upgraded the game gradually.

Quote Originally Posted by Saltysquidoon View Post
    But that's the point. when specs are slower due to lack of gear one piece of haste gear can make your play rhythm 'feel' faster, right now one piece more or lest haste might raise or lower dps but you don't feel it. Or specs that rely on crit can feel themselves taking off as they start getting more juicy juicy procs. You get that fat dopamine hit of feeling progression.

Sure it's nice to hit the point where everything 'feels' right for awhile. But staying like that forever and never getting stronger. Nah...
    Ah thats cool, more meaningful yes In start of BFA 10k DPS single feelt good yes, but now you can hope to get 100k single target on a dummy. I guess I just don't like struggling, honestly maybe Im just lazy in wow, but its fun to be overpowered.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    Blizzard just put you into Stockholme syndrome, it's because they initially released shit and then upgraded the game gradually.
    lol, I mean you can play into it for the meme yes, but I do still enjoy wow for what it is. I try consider other games, but rarely anything pops up that interest me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    Unfortunately BFA will come to an end - I think it was better than WoD for sure, but it for damn well isn't better than Legion in any way except PVP (PVP this xpac is better for sure)