Quote Originally Posted by Edoll View Post
    I think you misunderstood. Those hairstyles always had no tentacles or tentacles only in the back.
    Oh yeah silly me, void elves women have two hairstyle options that I always get confused. I see now.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyriani View Post
    I'm hopeful that the males get more styles and both sexes get non-tentacle versions of the tentacled hair styles. While I do like and use some of the tentacle styles, I'd like versions of them without so those who want to look more "High Elf" can still use them. Fortunately the Void Elf hair I mentioned is actually one that doesn't have tentacles so its good to go for everyone already.
    Blizzard should make a tentacle-free version of these hairstyles, or make a tab with or without tentacles in character creation.
    There are a lot of beautiful hairstyles but these tentacles make them ugly, I'm not a fan.

No no... They didn't move tentacles. Those hairstyles are completely unaltered.

Here look at the back of those hairstyles:

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Frenchvince View Post
    Blizzard should make a tentacle-free version of these hairstyles, or make a tab with or without tentacles in character creation.
    There are a lot of beautiful hairstyles but these tentacles make them ugly, I'm not a fan.
    I like the tentacles on some of them but I do agree that having non-tentacle versions of them would be very nice... especially in the face of the upcoming High Elf customization options.
    Last edited by Kyriani; 2020-06-01 at 10:06 PM.

5+ Year Old Account
    All I want now are the colored face tats.
    “I've noticed that everybody that is for abortion has already been born.”
    ― Ronald Regan

Quote Originally Posted by Highelf View Post
    All I want now are the colored face tats.
    Me too.

Voidy, blue, violet and magenta variants. Fits both high and void elves.
    Whatever...

Quote Originally Posted by Phaelia View Post
    I hope all of this backfires on you Helfers.
    "Backfire" how, exactly?

You’re taking a few customization options and running with it faster than I could possibly imagine,
    "We"? Who's "we"? Because I'm not going anywhere. I didn't ask for VE customization options, I asked for an actual high elf race in the Alliance.

and when the Blood Elf fans point out that there’s nothing unique about their race they get ridiculed.
    I find it astounding how some people can only find enjoyment in the game if they deny other people what they're asking for.

You are the most toxic group of people I have ever seen.
    You're not exactly setting up an example of non-toxicity, mind you.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Phaelia View Post
    Because I’m pointing out that there’s nothing unique left to the race I’ve played most of my gaming life of WoW, I’m the toxic one? I guess me wishing it backfires can be seen as such but it’s obvious that they’re trying to take everything and leave us with nothing.
    Hello, I'm a Blood elf main player since mid 2009 here.

You are wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by DeicideUH View Post
    Which is a terrible explanation, because if the void/light abandon the body, then they shouldn't be lightforged or void elf DKs. They'd just regular draenei or blood elves. Either they should be protected from undeath, or undeath should take away their powers.

It's exactly the kind of lorelol that would allow light-infused void elves.
    The light and void don't protect the body unless they do so actively.
    The explanation has been there since WC2 and up. You have had plenty of paladins who were brought back from the dead despite the light being within their bodies.
    The LF dranei are no different. You die, the light leaves, simply because there is no reason for anything to be there.
    The only reason undeath doesnt take away their racial powers is because of gameplay.
    Blood elf DK's shouldnt have arcane torrent, but they do because removnig racial powers and making specific DK powers is not possible to code.
    Some things just exist because of the limitations of design.

- - - Updated - - -

[QUOTE=Aldo Hawk;52387896]I don't understand why you use the forums as a place to throw your complaints at. It's not even the official forums.[/quo
    Same reason you post here dude. If you cannot understand, that is pretty bad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aldo Hawk View Post
    Also.. You have been explained what people preferred, and they preferred an Allied Race.
    haha, no they didnt.
    It was just a foil mate.
    So... It's intellectually dishonest to just say that now that they can have High elves, at least on looks, you come out saying this.
    Not really? Do you even understand what being intellectually dishonest means?

What's your intention, Bruhflake? To endlessly complain? To bait people into fruitless exchanges so you can feel you are vindicating yourself?
    not sure whom you are talking to Aldo, but if you are referring to me, you may want to curb your behaviors. You should be learning from the past, not repeatingit.

- - - Updated - - -

Hello, I'm a Blood elf main player since mid 2009 here.

You are wrong.
    Claims need to be backed up dude.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia;52390791

I find it astounding how some people can only find enjoyment in the game if they deny other people what they're asking for.[/quote
    That is a pretty toxic thing of you to say. As if the only reason people can possible disagree with you is because they are enjoying making you miserable.
    Sorry, no one hates you. They just dont agree with you stealing the theme of a horde race

You're not exactly setting up an example of non-toxicity, mind you.

Everyone's just demanding more and more and I still just want my nightborne to squint. >.< You're not the only elves, damn it!
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    Everyone's just demanding more and more and I still just want my nightborne to squint. >.< You're not the only elves, damn it!
    Nightborne will probably get some love during the night elf pass.
    Whatever...

Quote Originally Posted by Broflake View Post
    haha, no they didnt.
    It was just a foil mate.
    No. It was not a "foil". That is the request. We want high elves as a playable allied race. The request was never about "we want high elves as customization options".

It's very intellectually dishonest to say we are lying when we say we want high elves as a playable allied race simply because some are accepting the upcoming void elf customization options as a compromise.

Claims need to be backed up dude.
    Same applies to you. If you want to claim that blood elves are "losing" something, you have to show what they are losing, and why do you think they're losing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    Nightborne need to look less like night elves and more like the nightborne npcs.

- - - Updated - - -

Do you have some insider information about that?
    Blood Elves are High Elves!

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    No. It was not a "foil". That is the request. We want high elves as a playable allied race. The request was never about "we want high elves as customization options".
    Which is why the mass majority of helfers are going. "yes this is what we wanted."?
    Perhaps it does not apply to you, but it is a contradiction to say "we wanted high elves but we're fine with taking their looks instead!".

It's very intellectually dishonest to say we are lying when we say we want high elves as a playable allied race simply because some are accepting the upcoming void elf customization options as a compromise.
    Oh please, void elves in their original look was the compromise. You had everything but the skin tone.
    Now you have the skin tone...making them the exact same as blood elves design wise.
    So...what do blood elves get in return?
    A compromise means you get alittle of what you want, not everything, and this was the everything. It is flat out dishonest to repeatedly claim this to be a compromise. So...how am I being intellectually dishonest when you admit to my claim?

Same applies to you. If you want to claim that blood elves are "losing" something, you have to show what they are losing, and why do you think they're losing it.
    Is this a joke? I've brought this up a few times now.

What was the difference between a blood elf and a void elf prior to this change? Skin tones
    What is the difference after? Nothing.

And if you're going to go "well void elves have blue hair!", blood elves had them before hand. hell they had blue eyes too.
    So...seems like there isn't a reason to choose a blood elf.

The best part is everytime I mention this, there isn't a counter.
    Last edited by Broflake; 2020-06-02 at 03:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Starla View Post
    Do you have some insider information about that?
    I said "probably". It reasonable that allied races that share a model with a base race may be benefitted when the base model gets its upgrades.

Like it just happened with blood elves/void elves.
    Whatever...

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by elbleuet View Post
    I'm sorry, but with high elves and blood elves in Telegrus Rift, that wasn't really the case. Now that's even less the case.

Right now void elf is another term for "Alliance Thalassian elves".
    void elf is either a blood elf or high elf mutated by the void, no matter what, a new race of elves, and you can call and imagine what you like, but is what they are

Blizzard gave you an iconic Alliance race 13 years ago. We can't undo that. But at least we can fix that, and Blizzard decided to do so.
    the "iconic" alliance race, left the alliance in the very game you think they were iconic, so no.

And its already "fixed", since people only care about looks, get all the blood elf options and thematic is nonsensical

Quote Originally Posted by Geisl View Post
    Yup this post just shows despite the developers saying these are the same races, you simply can't accept it.
    they said kul'tirans were another breed of humans, and they are indeed, completely different from each other, unlike elves who are the same, im so sorry you don't want to accept that because of your agenda but is the reality.

Being "human" don't make you be the same thing, same as being "orc" or "dwarf" don't make you the exact same orc or dwarf
    Probably because you're more concerned with denying options from others regardless of anything else.
    don't try to flip the coin here with the tentative of appeal to pity, people are more concerned in getting everything blood elves have, this isn't "denying options from others regardless, you already got a lot of options that was exactly what people wanted, now they are demanding more and more

That's ok though, seeing as High Elves are happening means the developers don't share your view and that's enough for me to disregard whatever you're saying.
    void elves with blood/high elf skin color is happening, blood/high elves changing to become void elf is happening, thats excellent, but lets not pretend they are just high elves with shadow-priest like powers, and asking the entirety of blood elves thing, like paladins, their hairstyle and changing their racials is completely nonsensical.
    Last edited by Syegfryed; 2020-06-02 at 03:54 AM.

That would be nice. Fixed model?

Quote Originally Posted by Broflake View Post
    Which is why the mass majority of helfers are going. "yes this is what we wanted."?
    Are they? Just because they're saying some people are accepting the compromise doesn't mean "this is what they wanted".

Oh please, void elves in their original look was the compromise. You had everything but the skin tone.
    They were not. It's only a compromise in the way of Blizzard saying "how about I give you exactly none of what you're asking, and you guys shut up?" We didn't have the lore. Or the "high elf" name. The void elf allied race gave the pro-high-elf community nothing they asked about.

Now you have the skin tone...making them the exact same as blood elves design wise.
    The model design is meaningless. If it was, there wouldn't be so many discussion in this mega-thread about ways to make the high elves look different from blood elves. It's about the lore.

So...what do blood elves get in return?
    In return of what? They're losing absolutely nothing to get something "in return".

A compromise means you get alittle of what you want, not everything, and this was the everything. It is flat out dishonest to repeatedly claim this to be a compromise. So...how am I being intellectually dishonest when you admit to my claim?
    Because it's not a compromise, since the void elves gave absolutely nothing of what was being asked for.

Is this a joke? I've brought this up a few times now.

What was the difference between a blood elf and a void elf prior to this change? Skin tones
    What is the difference after? Nothing.

And if you're going to go "well void elves have blue hair!", blood elves had them before hand. hell they had blue eyes too.
    So...seems like there isn't a reason to choose a blood elf.

The best part is everytime I mention this, there isn't a counter.
    So they now can have similar skin colors. Alright. So what? I'll repeat: what are the blood elves losing? No skin color is being removed from the blood elves, as far as I know.

I said "probably". It reasonable that allied races that share a model with a base race may be benefitted when the base model gets its upgrades.

Like it just happened with blood elves/void elves.
    I mean that's easy for you to say but we have no proof there is going to be any equity for other people who want more for their favorite races which have been clearly neglected. Nice of you to be so generous.
    Blood Elves are High Elves!

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    the "iconic" alliance race, left the alliance in the very game you think they were iconic, so no.
    And has been part of the Alliance through the vast majority of WoW.

And its already "fixed", since people only care about looks, get all the blood elf options and thematic is nonsensical
    This is objectively false. If "looks were only what people cared about", there wouldn't be a single peep about making high elves look different from blood elves in this thread.

7+ Year Old Account
    And has been part of the Alliance through the vast majority of WoW.
    they never were an iconic race in the vast majority of wow, they barely are a sidekick race, appearing in some instances

This is objectively false. If "looks were only what people cared about", there wouldn't be a single peep about making high elves look different from blood elves in this thread.
    yeah look different with the same fair skin color, sure.
    Last edited by Syegfryed; 2020-06-02 at 04:04 AM.