10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    I'm curious what difference this should make since the question then becomes "what do you, as a driver, do when you see the road in front of you has no other cars but is instead packed with people on foot with signs"?

This fails the 'reasonable person' standard. What it does is make malice aforethought less likely, but it still makes the driver an absolute fucking idiot who shouldn't be permitted behind the wheel of any vehicle for the rest of his natural life.

- - - Updated - - -

Uh huh.

All you do is excuse American deaths, why do you hate Americans so much?
    yeah, I suspect he'll lose the ability to be a trucker, as he should. You don't keep going when you see pedestrians, period.

Will prob get the lower end of an assault charge in terms of time too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    That is utterly false. They will be presented all the evidence the DA has put together that he thinks proves the charges beyond reasonable doubt. The defense will try to show reasonable doubt. The jurors will be told the definition of each charge and then they willl decide guilt or innocence. You saying they have no clue is just insulting them,.
    Yes, we are insulting them. Most people who sit on juries are clueless idiots by design.

Lawyers will deliberately exclude people with strong moral compasses or any semblance of expertise knowledge from jury pools precisely because they are harder to sway by words alone. That isn't impartiality, it's gullibility.

So again: most people who sit on juries are clueless idiots. You may quote me on that.

Now, are you going to discuss your pathological hatred of Americans as expressed in your excusing of their deaths?
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you listen to eyewitness reports. He hit his brakes, blared his horn and tired to avoid everyone.
    When you operate an 18 wheeler, you dont try and keep going. With how big your vehicle is, there mere presence in a crowd is a threat and can easily go wrong. Hense, assault charge. Like, dont be intentionally obtuse about the treat here.

Why are you excusing American deaths? Again, that's all you seem to be doing in this thread, so clearly you must absolutely hate Americans.
    I'm not because he didn't kill anyone.

Nah, this is a lie.
    No it's not. Again watch the video. There is literally an eye-witness on the video stating that the guy blew his horn. Stop lying.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    When you operate an 18 wheeler, you dont try and keep going. With how big your vehicle is, there mere presence in a crowd is a threat and can easily go wrong. Hense, assault charge. Like, dont be intentionally obtuse about the treat here.
    Literally one of the first things you study in driver's ed is how long it takes to come to a stop from cruising speed in a car, and why it can be misleading and dangerous.

The best case scenario here is deadly incompetence on the part of the driver. If there is actually no malice, that's fine, but he shouldn't be allowed to drive ever again.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm not because he didn't kill anyone.
    Let's be real, if he did your position wouldn't change. So no, you are excusing American deaths. Why do you hate Americans, and why do you keep avoiding answering the question?

No it's not. Again watch the video. There is literally an eye-witness on the video stating that the guy blew his horn. Stop lying.
    We have no way of knowing the video wasn't doctored. So no, I don't accept your evidence.
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

He didn't try to keep going. Watch the video. You can literally hear his horn and you can literally see him slow down to a stop. The video completely contradicts your claims.

10+ Year Old Account
    He didn't try to keep going. Watch the video. You can literally hear his horn and you can literally see him slow down to a stop. The video completely contradicts your claims.
    We don't know if the video was doctored by police to make the driver look better, unfortunately. Guess we'll never know.

yeah, I suspect he'll lose the ability to be a trucker, as he should. You don't keep going when you see pedestrians, period.

Will prob get the lower end of an assault charge in terms of time too.
    He won't serve any time barring new evidence coming forward..

10+ Year Old Account
    He won't serve any time barring new evidence coming forward..
    What evidence? You haven't proven that the evidence you submitted wasn't doctored.

- - - Updated - - -

For the record, if you are allowed to just outright dismiss an independent coroner's report because you don't like the result and justify it based on some bullshit conspiracy-level conflict of interest, then so am I.

I don't like your viewpoint therefore I can dismiss any evidence supporting it. Your rules, not mine. Don't like it? Look in a mirror.

That is utterly false. They will be presented all the evidence the DA has put together that he thinks proves the charges beyond reasonable doubt. The defense will try to show reasonable doubt. The jurors will be told the definition of each charge and then they willl decide guilt or innocence. You saying they have no clue is just insulting them,.
    Pretty cool concept for 18th century.
    In 21st century though random people deciding guilt based on feelcraft is quite bizzare and not practiced in most of the world.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by stevenho View Post
    In 21st century though random people deciding guilt based on feelcraft is quite bizzare and not practiced in most of the world.

Source? Cause...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jury_trial
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

10+ Year Old Account
    LA Chief of police just blamed protestors for George Floyd's death, piece of shit.
    Last edited by Zelk; 2020-06-02 at 12:43 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelk View Post
    LA Chief of police just blamed protestors for George Floyd's death, piece of shit pig.
    Decided to dig a little more on this story, and this is what the LA Police Chief said in response to criticism of his offers plowing through protesters with a car.

“The people who want us to do something different, what would they have us do?” the chief said. “Have the officers remain there? We’ve seen what’s happened to those vehicles. We’ve seen the smashed windshields, we’ve seen the vehicle set on fire, we had an MTA bus just three days ago that was set aflame.”
    Won't someone think of the poor, military-overstock and systemically preferred police officers who must have been terrified for their lives?

No, I don't see how this situation should be a dark mirror for police as to the state of fear they force upon the rest of us. You're drunk go home. /s

10+ Year Old Account
    LA Chief of police just blamed protestors for George Floyd's death, piece of shit.
    The LAPD just going mask off.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    The LAPD just going mask off.
    Considering the LAPD were the primary inspiration for "Fuck the Police", this shouldn't be surprising.

Quote Originally Posted by stevenho View Post
    Not what is happening at all. They are deciding guilt based on the facts presented to them. Stop insulting them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not what is happening at all. They are deciding guilt based on the facts presented to them. Stop insulting them.
    Hmmm....no. They're clueless.

Yes, we are insulting them. Most people who sit on juries are clueless idiots by design.

Lawyers will deliberately exclude people with strong moral compasses or any semblance of expertise knowledge from jury pools precisely because they are harder to sway by words alone. That isn't impartiality, it's gullibility.

So again: most people who sit on juries are clueless idiots. You may quote me on that.

Prove it. Link please.

IN fact, I can give you a link showing he actually blames the police for his death:

10+ Year Old Account

10+ Year Old Account
    Prove it. Link please.

IN fact, I can give you a link of what he is actually doing:
    Nah, we don't accept that evidence.

For the record, if you are allowed to just outright dismiss an independent coroner's report because you don't like the result and justify it based on some bullshit conspiracy-level conflict of interest, then so am I.

I don't like your viewpoint therefore I can dismiss any evidence supporting it. Your rules, not mine. Don't like it? Look in a mirror.