Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    "Holy shitshow."

Indeed. This is a lot like Trump employees finding out they were fired by CNN or tweet. Except, you know, Trump was desecrating a church with a message of violence and oppression.
    Don't worry there's an army of evangelicals ready to defend him.

10+ Year Old Account
    The world should be laughing at Trump. That people in the US are standing up to his bullshit is something to be applauded.

And that's from mid-April. And that's the thing about Trump: just when you think he's hit rock bottom, he finds a way to drill.
    There's a fantastic quote from Malcolm in the Middle, and I wish it existed somewhere in youtube clip or screenshotted form... in essence, Piama is talking to Lois about their husbands' constant ability to disappoint or aggravate them:

"So no matter how much I lower the bar, he'll still find a way to slip under it?"
    "Oh honey, you still think there's a bar..."

I find it infinitely applicable for Trump.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TexasRules View Post
    So you were okay with Obama killing an American citizen with a drone strike?
    wHAt aBoUT oBAmA?!?

Thanks for admitting my post has merit.
    Forum badass alert:
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana Violence View Post
    It's called resistance / rebellion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana Violence View Post
    Also, one day the tables might turn.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is basically Trump putting his knee on the necks of EVERY protester and anyone who opposes him, that is what he meant by dominating the people in his call to the governors of the U.S this afternoon.

He thought they would jump at his Orders, they haven't.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

10+ Year Old Account
    Trump's G7 counterparts aren't ready to invite Putin back in

So, that leaves Trump with...um...three? choices:

1) Go with the collective will of the group and leave out the country expelled for invading a sovereign country with troops out of uniform, a literal war crime, and continue as he has the last few years.

2) Invite Russia anyway, basically daring the rest of G7 to walk out in protest, and possibly even create G6 and wait for Trump's replacement.

3) As I posted earlier, there's the option to not invite G7 but instead invite a bunch of countries for an informal meeting that just happens to have the G7 countries and Russia.

10+ Year Old Account
    White nationalist group posing as antifa called for violence on Twitter

https://www.nbcnews.com/tech/securit...avior-n1221456

A Twitter account claiming to belong to a national “antifa” organization and pushing violent rhetoric related to ongoing protests has been linked to the white nationalist group Identity Evropa, according to a Twitter spokesperson.

The spokesperson said the account violated the company's platform manipulation and spam policy, specifically the creation of fake accounts. Twitter suspended the account after a tweet that incited violence.

As protests were taking place in multiple states across the U.S. Sunday night, the newly created account, @ANTIFA_US, tweeted, “Tonight’s the night, Comrades,” with a brown raised fist emoji and “Tonight we say 'F--- The City' and we move into the residential areas... the white hoods.... and we take what's ours …”
    White nationalist are trying to encourage violence against residential areas.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

CNN @Kaitlancollins
    reporting that Trump walked to St. John’s church in part because he was upset over coverage of him hiding in the White House bunker

This biggest piece of crap ever.

Can confirm, based on sources familiar with what happened >
    Quote Tweet

From Maggie haberman.
    @UnifiedDivide. I wanted to add the tweet above as not just one reporter making up the story.
    Last edited by Paranoid Android; 2020-06-02 at 01:46 AM.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Trump's America, folks.

Using chemical weapons on the people's elected representatives.

Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Can’t go wrong either way. And you should be able to still buy one for the house, just not carry it concealed.

- - - Updated - - -

For some reason I’m guessing Trump will be going the no G7 route. He hates not getting his way.
    Yeah I linked a report like maybe a week ago. That Trump canceled or wanted to cancel G7 and get this...Just invite Russia, Australia and South Korea. I can't see Australia and South Korea giving a middle finger to the other countries.
    @Breccia. Sorry didnt read article, maybe they addressed this. I did see it was posted 57 minutes ago and as stated my article was a week ago.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Can’t go wrong either way. And you should be able to still buy one for the house, just not carry it concealed.

- - - Updated - - -

For some reason I’m guessing Trump will be going the no G7 route. He hates not getting his way.
    Yeah I linked a report like maybe a week ago. That Trump canceled or wanted to cancel G7 and get this...Just invite Russia, Australia and South Korea. I can't see Australia and South Korea giving a middle finger to the other countries.

@Breccia. Sorry didnt read article, maybe they addressed this. I did see it was posted 57 minutes ago and as stated my article was a week ago.
    Last edited by Paranoid Android; 2020-06-02 at 01:49 AM.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
    Trump walked to St. John’s church in part because he was upset over coverage of him hiding in the White House bunker
    This is probably true. You know what shows bravery and strength? Gassing peaceful protestors so you can walk to a church to promote violence and hate without permission. Basically, what @unitedDivide said.

10+ Year Old Account
    A highly disgruntled constituent of Lindsey Graham.
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post
    Yes, but I think he should be forced to Prove ANTIFA exist, and is a legitimate threat, but you are 100% right that is for sure how that can and is being interpreted
    This is exactly the sort of thing that people like Skroe and me have been going on about for years. Bush got a blank check after 9/11, with no checks or balances in place to ensure he wasn't abusing it. The Anti-Terrorism laws are vague on purpose, to avoid Senators and Congressmen from being forced to answer for the latest wave of drone strikes. Our Anti-terrorism laws essentially allow the government to kill whoever they want. It is a 007 license in real life, and it is terrifying. Obama had the chance to get rid of it, but he found it useful, and he kept it, to his shame. This is why killing Sulemani was legal, and it is why Trump can declare Antifa terrorists as well.

Trump can literally put federal troops on the streets to violently suppress people from talking shit about them, and while it might not exactly be legal, it is close enough that 50 Senators and the VP will back him on it. Trump can't kill democracy by himself, he can do it because we fucking let him. Because we were scared of terrorists, so we gave the government a blank check 19 years ago.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    White nationalist are trying to encourage violence against residential areas.
    Interesting. Seems "antifa" is so behind these riots, that Trump's rabid fanbase had to false flag them. "See? I told you antifa was behind this! I know they were because I pretended to be one when I caused it!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Record unemployment.
    Largest drop in GDP ever.
    A small city’s worth of dead people, and growing.
    People rioting in the streets.
    Impeached.

I bet the usual crusty $€£¥ stains here think he’s doing a great job though.
    Last edited by Fahrenheit; 2020-06-02 at 02:01 AM.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fahrenheit View Post
    Record unemployment.
    Largest drop in GDP ever.
    A small city’s worth of dead people, and growing.
    People rioting in the streets.
    Impeached.

What a fantastic job he’s doing.
    Keep America Great Again, folks!
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

So remember Trumpkins if we gey through this, our next President can use the military against your protests.

I remember having a few discussions with right-wingers, most who are banned for life or left, and they always claimed that if our military was ordered against US citizens, they would stand down. Well, we will see.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    Keep America Great Again, folks!
    He's literally trying out "Transition into Greatness". Which, yes, is a stupid fucking thing to say when you're in charge. It's an admission of --

Trump’s New Campaign Slogan Is a Confession of Failure

There’s no doubting the genius of “Make America Great Again,” Donald Trump’s 2016 election slogan. While the campaign’s operations were chaotic, the candidate volatile, and many of the policies contradictory, the phrase offered a clear, coherent summary of Trump’s redemptive vision for the country. It was a testament to Trump’s decades as a master marketer, though he took the phrase from Ronald Reagan; the president is a magpie, clever at borrowing and attracted to shiny things.

The one danger of a slogan so simple is that it offers a simple test for voters: After four years, Trump has either made America great again or he hasn’t. The president long ago made the logical choice to assert that he had, even before he had any evidence to back it up. Days before he’d been inaugurated, he told a Washington Post reporter that his reelection slogan would be “Keep America Great,” though he has repeatedly re-announced it as “new,” garnering credulous press attention each time. The phrase wasn’t quite as punchy as its predecessor—there was a reason Trump continued to employ MAGA, even in the self-proclaimed KAG era—and it raised the question of what the point of a second term would be, if he’d already made America great, but it sufficed for a while.

But the problem with running on a slogan of “Keep America Great” at the moment is … well, look around. Nearly 100,000 Americans have died of COVID-19. The unemployment rate is nearly 15 percent, headed for 20 or 25 percent by the White House’s own estimates. Regardless of how you allocate responsibility for this crisis, things plainly aren’t great.

Thus was born “Transition to Greatness,” the third entry in Trump’s greatness suite, and by far the weakest. “Make America Great Again” was a promise; “Keep America Great” was a declaration of victory. “Transition to Greatness” is a confession of failure, a corporate-style euphemism that tries to spin a collapse as a success, replacing the ambition of 2016 with the wan incrementalism of 2020.
    Article goes on from there. Naturally, so will I.

“Transition to Greatness” is bad political rhetoric too. Trump said he’d make America great. Now he’s acknowledging that since America isn’t great, he either couldn’t make it great, or he failed to keep it great—betraying the two simple guarantees of the past two slogans. Reagan asked whether voters were better off than they were four years ago; Joe Biden might ask: Is America greater than it was four years ago? and point to Trump’s own slogan as evidence it is not.

“My verdict is that ‘Transition to Greatness’ is, at the very least, confusing,” writes Mark McKinnon, a former spinmeister for the presidential campaigns of George W. Bush and John McCain. “But it is problematic, even more so, because it runs counter to the narrative Trump successfully pushed in 2016. He’s pushing, instead, a lot of snake oil: He hasn’t delivered the greatness yet, but try him again, and he’ll deliver it next time.”
    And it keeps going from there. Naturally, so will I.

It’s extremely rare for a president’s second term to be more productive than his first. Second terms are for consolidating achievements, and outside of his impressive reworking of the federal judiciary, which would continue, it’s not clear what legislative successes Trump has to consolidate. (Trump’s overhaul of governing norms, as well as his erosion of checks on the executive branch, is a different story.)

Offering only a “transition to greatness” tries to elide all these difficulties by subsuming them into a gradual process, but in practice it only underscores the problems. People don’t pick candidates based on campaign slogans, of course, and this clunker is unlikely to sway any votes. Nonetheless, the phrase’s weaknesses show the challenge Trump faces in convincing voters that he should get a second term—and that greatness remains within reach.
    What do you tell the abusive spouse, the alcoholic, the drug addict, or serial criminal who says "I promise to change, and this time I mean it!"

- - - Updated - - -

Pentagon officials express concern as Trump threatens to use military to 'dominate' protestors

Defense officials tell CNN there was deep and growing discomfort among some in the Pentagon even before President Donald Trump announced Monday that he is ready to deploy the military to enforce order inside the United States.

As tear gas wafted through the air in Lafayette Park across from the White House, Trump announced from the Rose Garden that if state or city leaders refuse "to take the actions that are necessary to defend the life and property of their residents," he will invoke the Insurrection Act, an 1807 law that allows a president to deploy the US military to suppress civil disorder.

But some Pentagon officials are deeply wary, several defense officials tell CNN. They have tried to respond by making a strong case that the situation does not yet call for deploying active duty troops unless state governors make a clear argument that such forces are needed.

"There is an intense desire for local law enforcement to be in charge," a defense official said, alluding to the laws that forbid the military from performing law enforcement roles inside the United States.

"I believe that we in America should not get used to or accept, uniformed service members of any variety having to be put in a position where they are having to secure people inside the United States of America," Army Maj. Gen. Thomas Carden, the Adjutant General of the Georgia National Guard, told reporters Sunday. He added that although "while we are glad to do it and honored to do it, this is a sign of the times that we need to do better as a country."

It just takes 1 idiot in uniform armed with a m4 carbine to kill some protester and well... You're fucked, america.
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thepersona View Post
    It just takes 1 idiot in uniform armed with a m4 carbine to kill some protester and well... You're fucked, america.
    Or, since we already know Trump's rabid fanbase are engaging in false flag attacks, an idiot in a fake uniform (impersonating a police officer is a crime) and a rifle. They've already proven they're willing to incite violence on Trump's behalf. I don't think murder is that far behind.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thekri View Post
    This is exactly the sort of thing that people like Skroe and me have been going on about for years. Bush got a blank check after 9/11, with no checks or balances in place to ensure he wasn't abusing it. The Anti-Terrorism laws are vague on purpose, to avoid Senators and Congressmen from being forced to answer for the latest wave of drone strikes. Our Anti-terrorism laws essentially allow the government to kill whoever they want. It is a 007 license in real life, and it is terrifying. Obama had the chance to get rid of it, but he found it useful, and he kept it, to his shame. This is why killing Sulemani was legal, and it is why Trump can declare Antifa terrorists as well.

Trump can literally put federal troops on the streets to violently suppress people from talking shit about them, and while it might not exactly be legal, it is close enough that 50 Senators and the VP will back him on it. Trump can't kill democracy by himself, he can do it because we fucking let him. Because we were scared of terrorists, so we gave the government a blank check 19 years ago.
    Haven't seen @Skroe around in a while wish he was here, honestly very few people here I disagree with as much but also value when it comes to information in a practical sense.

As I said before when I predicted this back in January, I am not Miss Cleo, it's no conspiracy, I wanted to be wrong, but so far yes it shaping up to be one of those things that thanks to neutralizing any opposition Trump is just going to get away with.

People sitting on the sidelines are the ones that are going to be the first targets, the fence sitters who believe you can have both sides of the argument without giving anything up. Well here we are.

Trump has all the tools he needs to become dictator, shit he even talked about adjourning the fucking congress a few weeks ago. Which is one of the only branches in government to put him in check. Which is why he has worked at stacking the courts, and vetting his own administration to go after anyone he deems an enemy.

For Trump you are with him or you are against him as simple as that.

- - - Updated - - -

Or, since we already know Trump's rabid fanbase are engaging in false flag attacks, an idiot in a fake uniform (impersonating a police officer is a crime) and a rifle. They've already proven they're willing to incite violence on Trump's behalf. I don't think murder is that far behind.
    Make no mistake people are going to fucking die tonight, innocent people if they don't submit and go home at curfew. Any few if any of the looters are LONG fucking gone and the groups like this Alt-Righters that helped lite the wick, they are basically standing back ushering this shit to a civil show down.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Helicopter parked over a crowd at 5/E St Nw #WashingtonDCProtest trying to force ppl away with noise and wind

Vid included

Reports of a BlackHawk "buzzing" people and broke some limbs off a tree. They are harassing peaceful protesters. We have the right to assemble!