Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Post Market Crash Imminent?

Anyone else feel this about to happen? I've been selling herbs pretty well past month or so but the past week or so BFA herbs on my server have gone down to 4 gold each. My server has been a lot more busier which I understand with the current climate. I guess people are trying to make as much gold to pay for their sub and the demand has gone down for end game herbs. I could be wrong but I'm struggling to sell anything now. Anyone else having the same issue?

What server?
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

I'm on Ghostlands EU (Alliance)

10+ Year Old Account
    My servers I farm have already crashed. Even the one that normally has very high prices cause of the small herb market is down. Luckily I think I have enough game time to last until Shadowlands.

Plenty of reasons why this is happening and more people playing isn't of them imo. More players means more people farming, true, but theoretically also more demand.

The reason consumables are going down is because with every passing week more and more guilds are done with progressive raiding, so they don't need as much pots, flasks, enchants and other consumables. They also have more time to farm it themselves, or had enough time to level up ALTs with professions.

Anyway I'd expect mats and other craftables to only go down in price as we get closer and closer to the next expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by melzas View Post
    Plenty of reasons why this is happening and more people playing isn't of them imo. More players means more people farming, true, but theoretically also more demand.
    The problem is that supply and demand don't scale equally.

The reason is simple: there are more players with gathering professions than there are players who use consumables regularly. As a consequence, the more players there are, the greater the disparity between the two becomes - and because what matters isn't ABSOLUTE supply and demand so much as the RATIO between the two, even if more players means more players buying stuff, it also means EVEN MORE players selling stuff. Hence prices drop.

Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    The problem is that supply and demand don't scale equally.

The reason is simple: there are more players with gathering professions than there are players who use consumables regularly. As a consequence, the more players there are, the greater the disparity between the two becomes - and because what matters isn't ABSOLUTE supply and demand so much as the RATIO between the two, even if more players means more players buying stuff, it also means EVEN MORE players selling stuff. Hence prices drop.
    Serious raiders are likely to have been subscribed at the start of patch, the people who are coming back now because corona has given them more spare time are probably disproportionately casuals.
    Quote Originally Posted by matrix123mko View Post
    She lost against Arthas for purpose. She wanted to feed Quel'thalas to hungering darkness.

Quote Originally Posted by Iem View Post
    More multibox-botters = driving down the herb-prices, thats one reason I could see why.
    Agreed. I know it's legitimate and doesn't break ToS, but they really do destroy the markets.

Anchor weed down to 40g is killing my 10 alchemist transmuters on Emerald dream - EU. Sold some rare battle pets and transmog sales are still pretty good also. Feels like the end of a patch currently

Strangle the auction house hoarders with our fetters, occupy every auction house on Azeroth and beyond! Spawnkill all bankalts, raid their discords. Slutmogs for everyone, potions not because you want but because you need.
    The eve of the revolution is upon us komrades.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Iem View Post
    More multibox-botters = driving down the herb-prices, thats one reason I could see why.
    Pretty much this. Blizz is not doing anything against multibox botters, or semi automated multibox cheaters, so more and more are doing it. On my server we have 10 druids in Nazjatar at 3am & they are all serverhopping multibox bots.

Don't really understand Blizz logic in this case either, since it's not like those accounts are paying for their sub..

Quote Originally Posted by Sinaa View Post
    Pretty much this. Blizz is not doing anything against multibox botters, or semi automated multibox cheaters, so more and more are doing it. On my server we have 10 druids in Nazjatar at 3am & they are all serverhopping multibox bots.

Don't really understand Blizz logic in this case either, since it's not like those accounts are paying for their sub..
    They technically are paying for their subs. In fact, they're paying more. They're just exchanging their gold for a WoW token that somebody else has purchased (significantly more expensive than paying for a sub on a card). I'm also against multi-boxers, it just feels completely wrong. One click leading to 9 actions taken sounds like it should definitely be against ToS.

Quote Originally Posted by Sevaara View Post
    They technically are paying for their subs. In fact, they're paying more. They're just exchanging their gold for a WoW token that somebody else has purchased (significantly more expensive than paying for a sub on a card). I'm also against multi-boxers, it just feels completely wrong. One click leading to 9 actions taken sounds like it should definitely be against ToS.
    Multi-boxing is fun. Should stay.

7+ Year Old Account
    Look at how they gain that gold, because it's effectively just stealing it from legit herbers. They don't contribute to the economy in a meaningful way.

The only reason they allow multiboxing is money. It's pretty sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post
    Multi-boxing is fun. Should stay.
    I imagine botting is fun too, should that stay/be allowed? Both screw up the economy, both should go.

I imagine botting is fun too, should that stay/be allowed? Both screw up the economy, both should go.
    Setting up a party of five separate classes so you can run a five-man takes a good deal of work figuring out all the in's and out's. Raiding when controlling 3 toons is fun too even if it is LFR.

People that just setup 5 all of the same class are lazy multi-botters.

It could also be that point in the expansion where most people are just done with the game and just waiting for prepatch to come back. There will probably be a small spike for a couple weeks just before shadowlands, but at least on my server (dead server) the AH isn't the most reliable source of gold

Command automation is actually against the ToS, but it's in some sort of grey area for multiboxing cause you're actually giving the commands. Anyway, just a simple solution - add a 1.5s internal cd when someone loots a node. For normal farmers, it's not a huge deal cause if first click doesn't work, the second will and you then proceed. Nodes should stay active for a little longer to compensate.

For multiboxers though, with 8-10 characters, it means up to 15 seconds of clicks for a single node for the same amount of resources, effectively killing multibox farmers.
    Last edited by Coldkil; 2020-06-12 at 06:52 AM.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

7+ Year Old Account
    Dam there are servers out there that don't have active flippers? Prices on my server, Blackrock, have stayed the same or gone up over the last few days. As soon as prices come down on a regularly used item, cloth-herbs-ore, one of the active flippers snags it all up and reposts for a profit.