Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    I have mentioned in the past the french revolution, and said we might see something similar to the french revolution in the US.

One of the key aspects of the french revolution was constant civil unrest. Eventually one faction got power and decided it wanted to keep it, so they ordered the generals to fire on and kill civilians. Not a single general obeyed that order - except one. That one was Napoleon. Napoleon ended the riots by killing civilians until they dispersed and stopped rioting. For his actions, Napoleon was given medals, became a rock star, and was given command of his own legion. He began his ascent to Emperor.

We might see something like that emerge out of this. Everyone across the board may demand protestors be respected. But eventually people will grow tired of it. Then they will get sick of it. Then they will get angry about it. And then they might demand extreme action taken to stop it. And whomever is extreme enough to do it could become another Napoleon.
    What alternative reality did this version of events happen?

10+ Year Old Account
    I have mentioned in the past the french revolution, and said we might see something similar to the french revolution in the US.

One of the key aspects of the french revolution was constant civil unrest. Eventually one faction got power and decided it wanted to keep it, so they ordered the generals to fire on and kill civilians. Not a single general obeyed that order - except one. That one was Napoleon. Napoleon ended the riots by killing civilians until they dispersed and stopped rioting. For his actions, Napoleon was given medals, became a rock star, and was given command of his own legion. He began his ascent to Emperor.

We might see something like that emerge out of this. Everyone across the board may demand protestors be respected. But eventually people will grow tired of it. Then they will get sick of it. Then they will get angry about it. And then they might demand extreme action taken to stop it. And whomever is extreme enough to do it could become another Napoleon.
    That is overly terrifying. I really hope it doesn't come to that.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

10+ Year Old Account

So we will see Trump executed by guillotine. The rest of all the Republicans hunted and executed.
    Internal unrest in the democratic party. A random general starts to shoot all people and becomes emperor of the Americas.

Sounds believable.

Btw your interpretation of the historic events sounds like a fanfic about what happened in the French revolution.

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Holy historical revisionism, I'm baffled by how you got every single detail in your description of how Napoleon rose to power wrong.

Jesus, it's a miracle of bad faith arguments.
    Yup nothing he said is true.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    It's also wrong there's that. I can invent history too but I am not crazy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    I admit, I know very little of French history, so if i'm being taken for ride, that is on me.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Quote Originally Posted by Hansworst View Post
    So we will see Trump executed by guillotine. The rest of all the Republicans hunted and executed.
    Internal unrest in the democratic party. A random general starts to shoot all people and becomes emperor of the Americas.

Sounds believable.

Btw your interpretation of the historic events sounds like a fanfic about what happened in the French revolution.
    I mean, it might not be the man himself, but if he keeps up the dictator act, it might lead to an end in his life in government.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yup nothing he said is true.

- - - Updated - - -

Once Germany was lured into a war with France. Despite fighting heavily they lost the war due to France cheating. Now the Germans have to live under the suppression of their new jew overlords.
    No one dared to start a revolution against them except for a young aspiring painter from Austria.

10+ Year Old Account
    A highly disgruntled constituent of Lindsey Graham.
    Well fortunately none of that is true, I think he got it from a Fanfic version of Les Miserables or something.

Anyway, the fundamental concept is sort of true though. The portion of the population that is not directly suffering from Police discrimination is going to want order restored more then they want the problem solved. As long as that inclination exists (And it will always exist) then you will have politicians that promote the "Beat them back into line" approach to protests. And yes, this is a prime excuse for already Tyrannically minded leaders to expand their power.

10+ Year Old Account
    Once Germany was lured into a war with France. Despite fighting heavily they lost the war due to France cheating. Now the Germans have to live under the suppression of their new jew overlords.
    No one dared to start a revolution against them except for a young aspiring painter from Austria.
    But only after Bob Murray pushed the young painter to find a new career! (scnr)

I admit, I know very little of French history, so if i'm being taken for ride, that is on me.
    One of the keys to Napoleon's rise was how close he was to the people protesting he attended their rallies.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pannonian View Post
    But only after Bob Murray pushed the young painter to find a new career! (scnr)
    Nah it was Bob Ross: you can't paint man, you've got syphilis or something? My hair looks weird have you seen yours and that thing you call a mustache?

10+ Year Old Account

Good job Amuricans, good job.

10+ Year Old Account
    There are a lot of users who post only to derail threads, but I must admit koko's knack for derailing every thread into open mockery of himself is the most effective.
    /s

10+ Year Old Account
    I went a bit off topic, but hey its history man.

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    What are they gonna do, construct a system of social and legal discrimination backed up by the threat of violence?

And here's the thing; what you typed is a passive form of victim blaming by implying that we should be treading on eggshells so as not to hurt white people's feelings, or they might oppress harder.
    LOL using victim blaming while totally blaming the victims of looting...

10+ Year Old Account
    I went a bit off topic, but hey its alternate history man.
    Fixed that. Maybe he just doesn't read the description of his YT videos...

10+ Year Old Account
    Protip: Never believe anything @Kokolums says.

Like, seriously, he twists everything to fit his messed up world of the view where the world is on the brink of civil war, and liberals are about to be crushed by tanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Keosen View Post

Good job Amuricans, good job.
    Overwhelming force and domination of peaceful protesters. Great job guys! We gassed the fuck out of those people sitting peacefully at a church. America fuck yeah.

10+ Year Old Account

None of this is true... Napoleon was even demoted, because he wanted to go to Constantinople, instead of fight the British... writing a Romance novel instead.

- - - Updated - - -

My hunch... I think he might be confusing the Revolutionary War and the French Revolution. But, that’s still doesn’t make sense...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Again several reforms and lawsuits from DOJ were put in place by Democrats. Trump and Jeff Sessions not only remove them but added protection for police, sided with them in suits and gave them more war equipment. There is no both sides on this issue. Also Trump is the Republican party not sure why you are pretending he isn't.
    so he went back in time some how and screwed this place up before he was even president because it's been an ongoing issue there from what I can tale, stories going back quite a ways.
    Of course he is never said he was not (or even pretended he was not or their hands were clean) just seems to be a LOT of deflecting for the democrats involved.