Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    As someone who at times is incredibly casual and on occasions has like an hour or 2 a week to play - I'd happily welcome a solo dungeon... Not having to sit in lfg for an hour and not having to rely on pugs to do mechanics properly (rarely happens) would be great.

Excellent idea, make it viable only for normal difficulty, to complete quests and things like that, for heroic and mythic keep it as is.

Well... it is actually useful to learn the dungeon mechanics before you run it with players.
    The banter between character is pretty cool too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    I'll never understand why people would want to turn this game to even less of an MMO.
    Its actually nice in 14 it only extends to the weakest difficulty and way faster than queueing, 14 dungeons are very story driven required to progress so it makes sense why they added the option. Its still faster to clear with a party if you wanna wait but its a bitch for dps queue times like all MMOs.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by upirlikhyi View Post
    No its not.
    It quite literally is. Squadrons were loved because it gave People the ability to level offjobs easily and solo in Dungeons and the newest Expansions ability to use NPC's to further your MSQ in the Dungeons was also well received.

Quote Originally Posted by Iem View Post
    Funny I have read the exact opposite, but that doesnt suit the narrative here I guess?
    Funny that in game the narrative is totally different but those people who dont voice their opinions on a forum dont count right?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Super Kami Dende View Post
    It quite literally is. Squadrons were loved because it gave People the ability to level offjobs easily and solo in Dungeons and the newest Expansions ability to use NPC's to further your MSQ in the Dungeons was also well received.
    When I picked it back up a few months a go and played for a couple month everyone in game railed against it.

- - - Updated - - -

Do you have any evidence of this claim other than your gut-feeling? Cause RDF and other "non social" tools are already in the game.

Like I said previously in this thread, some people have problems for every solution.
    And here is a really good solution to those who want MMOs to conform to solo play. Fuck that. If you chose to buy and play a MMO you need to conform to the fact its design is a multiplayer game. Tired of entitled fucks wanting the game changed cause they cant conform to its design.
    I can't wait to watch your ego bleed
    Your pain will set me free

Stitched Up Heart

Normal/Heroic Dungeons are pretty pointless these days. Might do them once when levelling, or possibly to learn a new spec, but really that’s about it.

I’d have no problem if they changed normal to be more scenario like, with the option to do it with NPC’s or a few buddies of any class/specs. This would purely be for quest completions however, not a source of endgame gearing.

A lot of quests in WOW simply don’t age well as the content gets older.

Same old parroting of that 20-year old definition of how a MMORPG is supposed to be, if you want a museum Classic is there for you, you know?
    OMFG...ITS CLEAR WHAT A MMO IS IT SAYS IT IN THE NAME MMO MASSIVE MULTIPLAYER ONLINE. just because your whiney ass wants to change the rules dont change the fact an mmo is still fucking defined as multiplayer. Deal with it or play a single player game.

Stitched Up Heart

10+ Year Old Account
    When I picked it back up a few months a go and played for a couple month everyone in game railed against it.
    well as someone who has been playing consistently for over 2 years, the most I've seen anyone complain about them is the sometimes derpy AI. Otherwise never seen people straight up hate the feature. That is from playing on both JP and NA Datacenters.

Quote Originally Posted by oldgeezer View Post
    WoW is the best singleplayer game out there IMO.
    Even though you can't argue with an opinion, you can't have played a lot of single player games. Or not proper rpgs, in any case. Wow cannot be a good single player game because it has to develop content in 2 years that lasts for 2 years. Which means a lot of it is very repetitive. Repetitive stuff gets boring. What makes it less boring is interacting with other players (pvp or group content). But to each his own.

Just cause it is tagged under "MMO" doesnt mean that they can and have added single-player content into the game.
    And they have already tested NPC AI extensively through this expansion and are continuously developing it.

So yeah, you wipe the foam from your mouth and .. deal with it.
    Seriously tired of people thinking that oh i bought the game so it has to conform to my playstyle. No sorry it dont. You can play it single player you just wont see group content. Sucks to be you but why do you think the game labeled as a multiplayer game needs to bow down and kiss your feet when you willingly bought it knowing it was a multiplayer game.

Deal with it.

- - - Updated - - -

well as someone who has been playing consistently for over 2 years, the most I've seen anyone complain about them is the sometimes derpy AI. Otherwise never seen people straight up hate the feature. That is from playing on both JP and NA Datacenters.
    Then we had different experiences. Almost everyone I ran into as I was leveling. Got to 60 before health issues limited my gaming said that it sucked and that just using the finder was so much better. My whole FC hated it. I never got to try it myself so I can only go by what those who I met say. Including a child of mine who still plays.

Stitched Up Heart

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Oblivion View Post
    ffxiv and wow would both improve a lot if they would be more willing to use one anothers ideas.

WoW could use:
    Trusts
    End game flying system
    Gearing system (tokens, best gear from raids)
    Quick travel system
    WoW used to have all of these back in the glory days /sigh

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    And here is a really good solution to those who want MMOs to conform to solo play. Fuck that.
    FYI WoW isn't an MMO it's an MMORPG, a hybrid of MMO and RPG games that involves both multiplayer focused and single player focused elements/activities. In fact for the majority of its existence it had more single player focused stuff than multiplayer.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm largely a solo player myself but I think dungeons is going too far. If they want to introduce tourism modes for people to just experience them I'm for it but straight up bots and receiving the same rewards as real groups? Nah

Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    FYI WoW isn't an MMO it's an MMORPG, a hybrid of MMO and RPG games that involves both multiplayer focused and single player focused elements/activities. In fact for the majority of its existence it had more single player focused stuff than multiplayer.
    MMO and MMORPG are interchangeable in and of itself. They both mean massive multiplayer.

Stitched Up Heart

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    MMO and MMORPG are interchangeable in and of itself.
    No they're not. All MMORPGs are MMOs but not all MMOs are MMORPGs (just like not all RPGs are MMORPGs either).

I.E The Sims Online and Second Life are MMOs but not MMORPGs.

Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    No they're not. All MMORPGs are MMOs but not all MMOs are MMORPGs (just like not all RPGs are MMORPGs either).

I.E The Sims Online and Second Life are MMOs but not MMORPGs.

Whatever....People dont refer to wow/ff14/swtor as mmorpgs they say mmos. Still does not change the fact they are by definition a multiplayer game and should not have to conform to people who knowingly and willfully buy the game and then want a different play style.

Stitched Up Heart

Nothing wrong with having some story based "bots" like FF has started, but they should be rather inefficient compared to a group of humans.

The ones in FF don't use any aoe, they take considerably longer than a decent human group, and it's by design. Full human groups should be the preferable choice.

10+ Year Old Account
    Then we had different experiences. Almost everyone I ran into as I was leveling. Got to 60 before health issues limited my gaming said that it sucked and that just using the finder was so much better. My whole FC hated it. I never got to try it myself so I can only go by what those who I met say. Including a child of mine who still plays.
    Yeah it does sound like a different experience. Mostly since the Finder gives much less experience outside of the daily Roulette and the AI Bots have better damage/tankiness than players of the same level, which leads me to believe your story is either bullshit or your FC was full of idiots.

- - - Updated - - -

Whatever....People dont refer to wow/ff14/swtor as mmorpgs they say mmos. Still does not change the fact they are by definition a multiplayer game and should not have to conform to people who knowingly and willfully buy the game and then want a different play style.
    or they want the choice of multiple playstyles. Sometimes with People and sometimes without. Because holy shit imagine wanting to do different things in the same game. You can literally play WoW 95% Solo. I don't get what your hardon for the remaining 5% is.

Yeah it does sound like a different experience. Mostly since the Finder gives much less experience outside of the daily Roulette and the AI Bots have better damage/tankiness than players of the same level, which leads me to believe your story is either bullshit or your FC was full of idiots.

- - - Updated - - -

or they want the choice of multiple playstyles. Sometimes with People and sometimes without. Because holy shit imagine wanting to do different things in the same game. You can literally play WoW 95% Solo. I don't get what your hardon for the remaining 5% is.
    Why do people think they are so special a game needs to change for them? hmm? The hardon is tired of whiny ass fucking people thinking that they make a choice to do something then the fucking world needs to change to support that choice. You buy a game that is intended to have group content and then bitch it does thats on you not the game or the company. Tired of this bullshit

Stitched Up Heart